Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:44:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If everybody agrees, at this time we can push out a short term fix. I make no guarantees that the difficulty won't get jacked up again, but at this point I just want the coin to move again and don't see a long term solution coming.
Yes, "band-aid" the coin.
No, thats a waste of time. Wait for a solid fix.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRC] Craftcoin - Portable Minecraft Game Currency w. Economy Plugin  (Read 92268 times)
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:46:37 PM

Thanks for doing this, but unfortunately for pool miners, fees usually go to the pool. Maybe a generous donation to the pool would be quicker.

The PPS doesn't share the fees?  Anyway, I don't see how a direct donation to the pool helps more than just making it a tx fee.

I guess my understanding of how a pool gets the fees with the block it finds is different than yours.

Pools collect a percentage fee from miners, not all the fees from the block.

EX: Pool collects a 1% mining fee, so for every 100 coins a miner receives the pool gets 1 coin

So when a pool says that they get the block fees, what are they referring to?

(From BTC Guild)
.....at a 3% fee, which has some variance, but also includes block transaction fees.

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
TierNolan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1084

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:10:08 PM

I guess my understanding of how a pool gets the fees with the block it finds is different than yours.

The pool creates the block in advance.  This will direct the tx fees + mint fees to the pool's address.  The block winner sometimes gets 1% of the block reward so there is an incentive to actually send in the winning share.

The pool is then responsible for distributing the rewards.

p2pools work differently.  They use the coinbase to send coins directly to the miners.  It never hits the pool's address (since there is no address).

In both cases, the fees + minting reward are paid.

However, a pool might have a rule that tx fees are kept by the pool.

1LxbG5cKXzTwZg9mjL3gaRE835uNQEteWF
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 11:43:52 PM

Hopefully some servers with ~20 active people adopt this soon.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 01:00:17 AM

Most pools keep the TX fees to themselves. P2pools give them to the miners.

The fee's on P2Pools are a bit different than other pools. Any fees that a p2pool has is probabilistic (yes, I had to look up the definition of that word too) Smiley

In other words if your p2pool has a 1% fee then 1% of the shares goes to the pool not 1% of every share. The pool can have periods of bad luck in relation to the fee and get nothing at all but it should average out over time.

Bonz

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 05:41:12 AM

Any word on running game servers or test servers?

If I've helped you, who knows it could happen =) PLZ donate      BTC - 34CGHYkhKi2eFP5GBhtsNpQdFvrxo7WT1u     LTC - WfGiVRgBTLWzfiEfg69QVReWiDvMuQxxHW
                                                                                              FTC - 9x9DT1QDe9bP5E75gSDnkwbVWmwjevpiAQ     CRC - Q5swva1yTrD3Gh7HijDSiETvk6evpe5apl
The_Catman

Activity: 168

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 09:08:05 AM

Thanks for doing this, but unfortunately for pool miners, fees usually go to the pool. Maybe a generous donation to the pool would be quicker.

The PPS doesn't share the fees?  Anyway, I don't see how a direct donation to the pool helps more than just making it a tx fee.

Pools collect a percentage fee from miners, not all the fees from the block.

EX: Pool collects a 1% mining fee, so for every 100 coins a miner receives the pool gets 1 coin

So when a pool says that they get the block fees, what are they referring to?

(From BTC Guild)
.....at a 3% fee, which has some variance, but also includes block transaction fees.

What that's saying isn't that it's getting the TX fees in the block, but rather 3% of the total (block+fees).

Say the block is 20 coins and has 5 coin in fees on it, the pool get's 3% of 25, not 3% of 20 and then the other 5.

This depends on the pool of course, but a poll that claims all the block fees aren't going to get many miners. That's like a diner manager that takes all the tips, that's just a douche move.

captainfuture

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:01:36 AM

would be great if we could get a little info what is going on with the rescue of crc. whats the status?
Blindfolded (OP)

Activity: 156

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 12:57:29 PM

would be great if we could get a little info what is going on with the rescue of crc. whats the status?

The current status is bleak so far. We have tried a couple changes in a test environment to no avail. However we recently contacted a well known person for the forums to give us a hand, and he has agreed. We will continue to work until the issue is resolved. I understand that people would like to have this going again, I feel the same way, possibly even stronger than most. As soon as we have a definite answer we will pass it on. I personally apologize to anybody that has invested their time, and given us their support. We are comitted to making this project work.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 01:03:48 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 01:17:39 PM by markm

Luckily most coins are alike so given a working module to plug a cryptocurrency into minecraft and/or minecraft clones pretty much any cryptocurrency should be able to work with it with trivially simple changes (port number, maybe, maybe not even that; and cosmetics such as what name/symbol to display).

So really the coin itself isn't the important/interesting thing here anyway, the module is; people could go ahead and use it with real bitcoins instead of mucking around with some obscure newfangled coin, or maybe litecoin or devcoin or whatever if bitcoins are considered "too valuable" for use in games...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 01:16:43 PM

Luckily most coins are alike so given a working module to plug a cryptocurrency into minecraft and/or minecraft clones pretty much any cryptocurrency should be able to work with it with trivially simple changes (port number, maybe, maybe not even that; and costmetics such as what name/symbol to display).

So really the coin itself isn't the important/interesting thing here anyway, the module is; people could go ahead and use it with real bitcoins instead of mucking around with some obscure newfangled coin, or maybe litecoin or devcoin or whatever if bitcoins are considered "too valuable" for use in games...

-MarkM-

How about IFC, there are so many that nobody needs to worry about coin supply!!!
solracx

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 01:44:49 PM

So really the coin itself isn't the important/interesting thing here anyway, the module is; people could go ahead and use it with real bitcoins instead of mucking around with some obscure newfangled coin, ormaybe litecoin or devcoin or whatever if bitcoins are considered "too valuable" for use in games...

-MarkM-

Hit the problem on the head.

ZenithCoin - Sustainable Scrypt Based Crypto Currency
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:18:13 PM

Luckily most coins are alike so given a working module to plug a cryptocurrency into minecraft and/or minecraft clones pretty much any cryptocurrency should be able to work with it with trivially simple changes (port number, maybe, maybe not even that; and cosmetics such as what name/symbol to display).

-MarkM-

Well, Blindfolded did have a Minecraft server set up with an integrated payment system denominated in LTC. Problem with that was it was right before LTC became valuable. I deposited >1,000 LTC onto the minecraft server, just to find out they would hit a few dollars each in a week or two. After that the server became inactive, because no one wanted to use a coin that was worth that much for game transactions.
Blindfolded (OP)

Activity: 156

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:34:04 PM

So really the coin itself isn't the important/interesting thing here anyway, the module is; people could go ahead and use it with real bitcoins instead of mucking around with some obscure newfangled coin, ormaybe litecoin or devcoin or whatever if bitcoins are considered "too valuable" for use in games...

-MarkM-

I agree, this is exactly the reason we approached the project from the angle we did.

We WILL get it worked out, the problem is that we don't have the same resources that other devs might have.

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 04:55:31 PM

Don't rush, gives me time to pick up some CRC at a slow rate (low market volume) before the diff fix Smiley
Bonz

Activity: 213

Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 05:07:24 PM

-MarkM-

all this has already been done by this coin's dev except it was done with LTC but it ended up making the mine craft market to volatile as you'd have to buy and sell in game based on the price of LTC.  apparently the plug has been tweaked so market volatility doesn't effect ingame prices to much

If I've helped you, who knows it could happen =) PLZ donate      BTC - 34CGHYkhKi2eFP5GBhtsNpQdFvrxo7WT1u     LTC - WfGiVRgBTLWzfiEfg69QVReWiDvMuQxxHW
                                                                                              FTC - 9x9DT1QDe9bP5E75gSDnkwbVWmwjevpiAQ     CRC - Q5swva1yTrD3Gh7HijDSiETvk6evpe5apl
PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:25:53 PM

Most pools keep the TX fees to themselves. P2pools give them to the miners.

The fee's on P2Pools are a bit different than other pools. Any fees that a p2pool has is probabilistic (yes, I had to look up the definition of that word too) Smiley

In other words if your p2pool has a 1% fee then 1% of the shares goes to the pool not 1% of every share. The pool can have periods of bad luck in relation to the fee and get nothing at all but it should average out over time.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:28:29 PM

Well, currently there seem tp be too many pools for the amount of craftcoin miners  Undecided

I must move from the one pool after 36-48 hours of loyalty to the other that obviously has higher loyalty and more miners. Sorry http://crc.scryptmining.com/ I have to go where the possibility is higher with more miners.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 05:32:44 PM

Well, currently there seem tp be too many pools for the amount of craftcoin miners  Undecided

I must move from the one pool after 36-48 hours of loyalty to the other that obviously has higher loyalty and more miners. Sorry http://crc.scryptmining.com/ I have to go where the possibility is higher with more miners.

Except with PPS it does not matter..You get paid the same regardless of how many-how large the miners there are on the pool   Wink

If the interest in a PPS pool is truly gone, Let me know. No reason for me to keep a pool up nobody is going to use.
nearmiss

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:00:30 PM

All good man, nice to have you aboard while you were.  Hopefully the diff issue gets addressed eventually, and the coin will have a bit more life.

Regarding too many pools for so few miners, it has no affect on anything in terms of finding blocks.  The coin has the same global hashrate, the chances of finding a block are identical whether that hash is mining at 1 pool or spread across 100 pools. Only difference is how payment of finding the coin is split up.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
canoe

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:04:08 PM

Except with PPS it does not matter..You get paid the same regardless of how many-how large the miners there are on the pool   Wink

If the interest in a PPS pool is truly gone, Let me know. No reason for me to keep a pool up nobody is going to use.

I'm using it!  Have had my 500khashes on it for a few days.  Found two blocks. Only 0.01% rejected shares.  I don't see why everyone isn't using it.  It's great because I know I will be paid.  There's no being unlucky.  Dreamwatcher absorbs all the variance.  Guaranteed payouts people!  http://crc.cryptocoinmine.com

cryptometer.org Altcoin blockchain charts Donate! --- BTC 1P5QspaqhyHZXnTVPeMxssRXu6ABAovcBg --- LTC LV1xYnfgsH5PPdgNS4EhZsuNyVMdeiafcK
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: