Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:00:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If everybody agrees, at this time we can push out a short term fix. I make no guarantees that the difficulty won't get jacked up again, but at this point I just want the coin to move again and don't see a long term solution coming.
Yes, "band-aid" the coin.
No, thats a waste of time. Wait for a solid fix.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRC] Craftcoin - Portable Minecraft Game Currency w. Economy Plugin  (Read 92268 times)
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:44:33 PM

My question is, with the projected "Band aided" plan, would that effect the implementation of a long term fix? If the only thing the short term fix is going to do, is fix the coin for as long as possible, to buy time for a long term fix, I don't see any problem with that. But, if by implementing the short term fix, it will be more difficult for the long term fix, there is a problem.

Blindfolded, what is your plan for the short term fix?
TierNolan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1084

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:59:58 PM

What's the proposed "band-aid" then?

1LxbG5cKXzTwZg9mjL3gaRE835uNQEteWF
Blindfolded (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:52:40 PM

My question is, with the projected "Band aided" plan, would that effect the implementation of a long term fix? If the only thing the short term fix is going to do, is fix the coin for as long as possible, to buy time for a long term fix, I don't see any problem with that. But, if by implementing the short term fix, it will be more difficult for the long term fix, there is a problem.

It would consist of a manual re-target, and tweaking the adjustments. Difficulty may spike again the following day for all I know, but I'm willing to do it if there is sufficient pressure to do so. As far as making it more difficult to fix long term, it will probably have no real impact.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:16:50 PM

It would consist of a manual re-target, and tweaking the adjustments. Difficulty may spike again the following day for all I know, but I'm willing to do it if there is sufficient pressure to do so. As far as making it more difficult to fix long term, it will probably have no real impact.

That being said, if there is no harm done to the longrun by the short term fix, I vote for the short term fix to be implemented.

If the difficulty spikes and we are stranded again, we are back in the current situation, but no further back. And that will take some pressure off you to come up with a kick ass long term solution  Grin and allow CRC to be used in Minecraft servers again (since getting deposits in/out is an issue right now)

If anyone sees any issues that could arrise, please voice them. Last thing I want to do is break the leaky pipe with the duct tape.
Bonz

Activity: 213

Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 04:13:11 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 04:49:00 AM by Bonz

ooooooh baby +1 to a short term fix like said before even if it lasts for only one day it would still breath new live into the servers i think me and maybe blindfolded are the only people with much in the way of CRC on spendlightcoins server and it is hard to get ppl interested in it when they can't put any starting capital in it and there are no npc shops!

so i guess that 2 votes for do it

***EDIT***
Just noticed there was a Poll added vote. looks like it's 8-2 for band-aid sofar

That being said, if there is no harm done to the longrun by the short term fix, I vote for the short term fix to be implemented.

If the difficulty spikes and we are stranded again, we are back in the current situation, but no further back. And that will take some pressure off you to come up with a kick ass long term solution  Grin and allow CRC to be used in Minecraft servers again (since getting deposits in/out is an issue right now)

If anyone sees any issues that could arrise, please voice them. Last thing I want to do is break the leaky pipe with the duct tape.

If I've helped you, who knows it could happen =) PLZ donate      BTC - 34CGHYkhKi2eFP5GBhtsNpQdFvrxo7WT1u     LTC - WfGiVRgBTLWzfiEfg69QVReWiDvMuQxxHW
                                                                                              FTC - 9x9DT1QDe9bP5E75gSDnkwbVWmwjevpiAQ     CRC - Q5swva1yTrD3Gh7HijDSiETvk6evpe5apl
Bonz

Activity: 213

Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 12:07:27 AM

I think we need to have a Pool operator or 2 Chime in on this as both the Diff Stick and the Band-aid REALLY affect them

If I've helped you, who knows it could happen =) PLZ donate      BTC - 34CGHYkhKi2eFP5GBhtsNpQdFvrxo7WT1u     LTC - WfGiVRgBTLWzfiEfg69QVReWiDvMuQxxHW
                                                                                              FTC - 9x9DT1QDe9bP5E75gSDnkwbVWmwjevpiAQ     CRC - Q5swva1yTrD3Gh7HijDSiETvk6evpe5apl
Blindfolded (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:24:13 PM

Band-aid it is then. I will prepare it and push it out. Expect it by the end of the weekend.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 04:01:19 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 04:32:46 PM by MaGNeT

Band-aid it is then. I will prepare it and push it out. Expect it by the end of the weekend.

Great! I'll throw a frew hashes at it to get it to the diff change, so update the topic when it's pushed out.
Also make sure it disconnects old clients, so we don't get the forks like Philosopherstone and Noirbits had when it got hardforked
Blindfolded (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:00:56 PM

Also make sure it disconnects old clients, so we don't get the forks like Philosopherstone and Noirbits had when it got hardforked

Anybody know where to do this? I cannot seem to find it.  Huh
TierNolan
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:07:22 PM

Anybody know where to do this? I cannot seem to find it.  Huh

Do you have the alert keys?

Inherently, the old clients can form a network on their own.  If you force them to be disconnected, you aren't preventing them doing that, just forcing the 2 networks apart.

Do you have control over all hard-coded seed nodes?

You could set them up so that they don't forward addresses for old clients.

Blindfolded (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:22:32 PM

Git Updated: https://github.com/craftcoin

Windows Build: http://spendlitecoins.com/downloads/craftcoin_1.1.2.zip

Best Of Luck, And Enjoy.

NOTE: The link on the "downloads" page on the craftcoin.net website DOES NOT LINK TO THE CURRENT BUILD. You must use the above link to download the latest version.
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:26:34 PM

Best Of Luck, And Enjoy.

NOTE: The link on the "downloads" page on the craftcoin.net website DOES NOT LINK TO THE CURRENT BUILD. You must use the above link to download the latest version.

What is the change in this? How is the difficulty problem being handled?
Blindfolded (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:32:09 PM

Best Of Luck, And Enjoy.

What is the change in this? How is the difficulty problem being handled?

This is nothing more than a band-aid fix.

Changes are as follows:
Difficulty will re-calculate every block
max adjustment will be 200%

This patch does absolutely nothing to correct the inherent problem, it will only (possibly) get the coin moving again until it gets slammed with hashrate.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 07:34:06 PM

CryptoCoin Explorer has been updated.
Blindfolded (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:35:51 PM

CryptoCoin Explorer has been updated.

Thank-you
Carra23
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:42:26 PM

Not syncing even with 4 connections.

Any good nodes?
Blindfolded (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:45:46 PM

Not syncing even with 4 connections.

Any good nodes?

you can also add cryptocoinexplorer since it has confirmed as updated.
TierNolan
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:04:22 PM

There doesn't seem to be switch-over code?

From the github link, the new parameters are:

nTargetTimespan: 1 hour
nTargetSpacing: 5 minutes

This suggests a 12 block re-target time, rather than 1 block?

You also use 6 re-targeting periods to work out the new difficulty, so averaged over 6 hours.

I renamed my craftcoin directory to backup and started the client.  It downloads the first 11 blocks and then stalls.

I assume what is happening is that the 12th block (first retarget) has the wrong difficulty, according to the new rules.

You need to have the old difficulty rules up to block 9331 and then switch to the new rules.

An easier option would be to just have a checkpoint at 9331 and skip verification of the difficulty updates until then.

Carra23
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:05:09 PM

You also use 6 re-targeting periods to work out the new difficulty, so averaged over 6 hours.

I renamed my craftcoin directory to backup and started the client.  It downloads the first 11 blocks and then stalls.

I assume what is happening is that the 12th block (first retarget) has the wrong difficulty.

You need to have the old difficulty rules up to block 9331 and then switch to the new rules.

Same problem here.
Blindfolded (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:18:06 PM

I renamed my craftcoin directory to backup and started the client.  It downloads the first 11 blocks and then stalls.

I assume what is happening is that the 12th block (first retarget) has the wrong difficulty, according to the new rules.

An easier option would be to just have a checkpoint at 9331 and skip verification of the difficulty updates until then.

...indeed
totally my fault, i'm on it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: