Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:16:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If everybody agrees, at this time we can push out a short term fix. I make no guarantees that the difficulty won't get jacked up again, but at this point I just want the coin to move again and don't see a long term solution coming.
Yes, "band-aid" the coin.
No, thats a waste of time. Wait for a solid fix.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRC] Craftcoin - Portable Minecraft Game Currency w. Economy Plugin  (Read 92268 times)
iamatrix

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:22:27 PM

So really the coin itself isn't the important/interesting thing here anyway, the module is; people could go ahead and use it with real bitcoins instead of mucking around with some obscure newfangled coin, ormaybe litecoin or devcoin or whatever if bitcoins are considered "too valuable" for use in games...

-MarkM-

Hit the problem on the head.

I agree, this is exactly the reason we approached the project from the angle we did.

We WILL get it worked out, the problem is that we don't have the same resources that other devs might have.

Check your PM...

PhenixEx cryptocurrency exchange | Lifetime lower trading fees? Sign up here! | Let others sign up with your referral link and receive 25% of their trading fees!
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:05:52 PM

Well, currently there seem tp be too many pools for the amount of craftcoin miners  Undecided

I must move from the one pool after 36-48 hours of loyalty to the other that obviously has higher loyalty and more miners. Sorry http://crc.scryptmining.com/ I have to go where the possibility is higher with more miners.

Except with PPS it does not matter..You get paid the same regardless of how many-how large the miners there are on the pool   Wink

If the interest in a PPS pool is truly gone, Let me know. No reason for me to keep a pool up nobody is going to use.

I'm using it!  Have had my 500khashes on it for a few days.  Found two blocks. Only 0.01% rejected shares.  I don't see why everyone isn't using it.  It's great because I know I will be paid.  There's no being unlucky.  Dreamwatcher absorbs all the variance.  Guaranteed payouts people!  http://crc.cryptocoinmine.com

I switch from the pplns to the pps, I am user <unknown>, found a block for the pool 40 minutes ago.  Grin

I find it strange that every time I switch to a pool the main hasher leaves. And then I am back to wondering if my hashing is worth it to keep my whole 100 CRC in my wallet to have value. I guess it would be different if I actually played Minecraft.

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:45:50 PM

(...the chances of finding a block are identical whether that hash is mining at 1 pool or spread across 100 pools.)

What is the point of low hashers mining at a pool if their hashes are not a combined effort toward solving 1 individual block. I guess I still don't understand what pools do that solo-mining doesn't.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
The_Catman

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 08:51:37 PM

(...the chances of finding a block are identical whether that hash is mining at 1 pool or spread across 100 pools.)

What is the point of low hashers mining at a pool if their hashes are not a combined effort toward solving 1 individual block. I guess I still don't understand what pools do that solo-mining doesn't.

With low hashes, solo-mining will likely never give you a payout unless you're one lucky bastard. With a pool you're much more likely to get some payout.

lizzard

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:11:13 PM

Hi,

I just thought of mining some for fun... But for some reason it says "out of sync" in my wallet all the time, also when I put in a pool in "mining" I get the following message: "Miner failed to start. Make sure you have the minerd executable and libraries in the same directory as craftcoin-qt". And yes, the files are all in the same folder. What am I doing wrong?

PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:21:11 PM

With low hashes, solo-mining will likely never give you a payout unless you're one lucky bastard. With a pool you're much more likely to get some payout.

I understand that there is a payout issued with a pool based on contribution. My question is, if we as pool members are actually working together as a team then why not work together on 1 pool rather than 6 or 7? Otherwise if we mine individually then it is the same as solo mining. This question pertains to p2pool and pplns pools. NOT PPS!!

My question is about sharing the work. I don't care about the payments.

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:54:01 PM

with p2pool it doesnt make a difference i believe, a share found on one pool are still counted if you switch to another p2pool aslong as the nodes are connected.

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
The_Catman

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 12:45:22 AM

A properly setup p2pool node should be connected to all the other p2pools for that coin. If you look at the payouts tab for all the CRC p2pools you'll see they all have the same miners.

The multiple nodes are more for redundancy and helping miners find connections with the least lag. (Basically, someone in Canada would rather connect to a node in new york than one in france.)

PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 12:47:12 AM

I think of a pool as a group of workers that are working together on say a 1000 piece puzzle. Each worker has a share of the pieces that get put together and form a completed puzzle. If you have ten workers then 1000/10=100 per worker. But if you take those ten workers and put them in 5 different pools they each have to work for 500 pieces each, because the puzzle is still 1000 pieces for each pool. Each pool has its own build of the next "puzzle" and likewise each solo miner is also working on that 1000 piece puzzle but they have to fit all 1000 pieces on their own.

Interchange "puzzle" with "block" & "pieces" with "shares".

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 12:59:58 AM

I understand that there is a payout issued with a pool based on contribution. My question is, if we as pool members are actually working together as a team then why not work together on 1 pool rather than 6 or 7? Otherwise if we mine individually then it is the same as solo mining. This question pertains to p2pool and pplns pools. NOT PPS!!

My question is about sharing the work. I don't care about the payments.

Pool or solo users contribute the same to the network. The major difference is that a solo miner only benefits when he/she finds a block. For example look at BTC, If one were to solo mine with the typical hash power the miners here have, they could mine for YEARS without even solving a block and thus pay for hardware and electricity at a complete loss.

In a pool, the pool accepts lower difficulty hashes under the idea the eventually somebody will submit a hash that is at or above target. IF everybody would solo mine the effect is the same to the network. The network does not care if a block is solved by pool or solo, it does not know the difference.
The only share it sees and counts is the one that meets the difficulty requirement.

A block unsolved or solved has nothing to do with solo vs. pool. But pools allow people to share the rewards of a found block, they eliminate the variance factor to the miner.

PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:02:41 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2013, 06:19:07 AM by PoolMinor

Sorry for hijacking this thread for perhaps an unimportant question.

Thank you everyone for your input and responses. I now fully understand how pools work.

Bonz

Activity: 213

Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 03:47:09 AM

Well, currently there seem tp be too many pools for the amount of craftcoin miners  Undecided

I must move from the one pool after 36-48 hours of loyalty to the other that obviously has higher loyalty and more miners. Sorry http://crc.scryptmining.com/ I have to go where the possibility is higher with more miners.

Except with PPS it does not matter..You get paid the same regardless of how many-how large the miners there are on the pool   Wink

If the interest in a PPS pool is truly gone, Let me know. No reason for me to keep a pool up nobody is going to use.

hey hey hey i'm still there and when the diff is fixed ppl will come back mark my words

If I've helped you, who knows it could happen =) PLZ donate      BTC - 34CGHYkhKi2eFP5GBhtsNpQdFvrxo7WT1u     LTC - WfGiVRgBTLWzfiEfg69QVReWiDvMuQxxHW
                                                                                              FTC - 9x9DT1QDe9bP5E75gSDnkwbVWmwjevpiAQ     CRC - Q5swva1yTrD3Gh7HijDSiETvk6evpe5apl
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 04:03:47 AM

Luckily most coins are alike so given a working module to plug a cryptocurrency into minecraft and/or minecraft clones pretty much any cryptocurrency should be able to work with it with trivially simple changes (port number, maybe, maybe not even that; and cosmetics such as what name/symbol to display).

So really the coin itself isn't the important/interesting thing here anyway, the module is; people could go ahead and use it with real bitcoins instead of mucking around with some obscure newfangled coin, or maybe litecoin or devcoin or whatever if bitcoins are considered "too valuable" for use in games...

-MarkM-

Well, Blindfolded did have a Minecraft server set up with an integrated payment system denominated in LTC. Problem with that was it was right before LTC became valuable. I deposited >1,000 LTC onto the minecraft server, just to find out they would hit a few dollars each in a week or two. After that the server became inactive, because no one wanted to use a coin that was worth that much for game transactions.

Take a look at UKB, CDN, MBC, GMC, GRF, UNS, NKL game-currencies at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

The problem I expected with game currencies was players dumping them for hookers and blow (fiat, groceries, rent, whatever) in preference to spending them on in game items.

When you can make $5000+ just by shipping five million units of Deuterium to a General Mining Corp depot, how long will it take for so many people to be offering to ship that much deuterium for less than that price that the price drops to maybe a buck per five million units?

If your game items are not being bought by means of auctions or "exchanges" (markets) similar to the various coin-and-fiat "exchanges" then I guess you can expect problems. If people were bidding litecoins (or millionths of litecoins, or whatever) to buy stuff in the game then prices should simply get worked out by the market. If litecoins go up, pickaxes or whatever might well by comparison go down.

I actually used microbitcoins in a MUD for a while and it did not attract anyone to play despite the fact it meant in effect I was giving out free microbitcoins to players.

I went back to just using the normal default goldpieces the MUD normally used, it seems to work out simpler for people to go trade that currency on an "exchange" for whatever other currencies cryptocurrencies etc they might like than to mess with all those external currencies on a waterskin by waterskin, dagger by dagger, pound of meat by pound of meat basis in the game.

The Brits, Canucks, Martians, General Mining Corp, General Retirement Corp, (galactic) United Nations etc though seem to maybe have been on to something with their claims as to how best do things; it is a pity that they were unable to obtain enough hashing power to continue to use blockchains for their currencies as I never expected any of them to outperform bitcoin, I always expected bitcoin would remain more valuable than Martian BotCoin. It has been interesting watching it play out.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
minus

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 05:34:13 AM

CraftCoin is now listed on Coins-E!
http://www.coins-e.com/exchange/CRC_BTC/
Bonz

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 06:03:22 AM

CraftCoin is now listed on Coins-E!
http://www.coins-e.com/exchange/CRC_BTC/

well done.  even though it is an unknown exchange it is nice to have an option other than cryptsy.  now when the diff gets fixed you may have some trades

If I've helped you, who knows it could happen =) PLZ donate      BTC - 34CGHYkhKi2eFP5GBhtsNpQdFvrxo7WT1u     LTC - WfGiVRgBTLWzfiEfg69QVReWiDvMuQxxHW
                                                                                              FTC - 9x9DT1QDe9bP5E75gSDnkwbVWmwjevpiAQ     CRC - Q5swva1yTrD3Gh7HijDSiETvk6evpe5apl
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 06:04:52 AM

My question is, if we as pool members are actually working together as a team then why not work together on 1 pool rather than 6 or 7?

I've seen it repeatedly mentioned that it is important for the hash to be evenly spread out across multiple pools so that if one or two (or three) go down it does not affect the network.

In other words it is not good for the viability of any coin to have all the hash rate concentrated on only a few pools. Responsible pool operators discourage having too much of the network hash on their pool.

Bonz

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 06:05:47 AM

what block is the diff switch again?

Bonz

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 06:07:09 AM

My question is, if we as pool members are actually working together as a team then why not work together on 1 pool rather than 6 or 7?

I've seen it repeatedly mentioned that it is important for the hash to be evenly spread out across multiple pools so that if one or two (or three) go down it does not affect the network.

In other words it is not good for the viability of any coin to have all the hash rate concentrated on only a few pools. Responsible pool operators discourage having too much of the network hash on their pool.

it comes down to the dreded 51% pool attack

canoe

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 12:10:14 PM

what block is the diff switch again?

Last diff switch: 32 * 288 = Block 9216
Next diff switch: 33 * 288 = Block 9504

cryptometer.org Altcoin blockchain charts Donate! --- BTC 1P5QspaqhyHZXnTVPeMxssRXu6ABAovcBg --- LTC LV1xYnfgsH5PPdgNS4EhZsuNyVMdeiafcK
TierNolan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1084

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 12:37:23 PM

Last diff switch: 32 * 288 = Block 9216
Next diff switch: 33 * 288 = Block 9504

At 6 a day, that gives (9504 - 9306) / 6 = 1 month.

This is probably not so bad, since the currency is not just a mod to the qt client, but better to do a hard fork sooner rather than later.

1LxbG5cKXzTwZg9mjL3gaRE835uNQEteWF
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: