Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:12:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you believe God exists?  (Read 7857 times)
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 03:51:57 PM

wow, such an interesting topic. especially for an atheist. i`m not close to religion at all, it doesn`t run in my family. so i even don`t understand what religious people feel. and the comments are very readable for me

This topic might be interesting in some ways, but what about scientific proof? Check out the Scientific proof that God exists? - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.0 - thread. I mean, recognizing that God exists, and that He made everything, is the start to finding out about salvation... resurrection... life from death... everlasting life. I mean, if He can make it once, why can't He make it again?

It's a start.

Cool

You are still unable to prove the universe had 1 cause and not multiple so...

You can't prove that I haven't proven it.    Cool

Of course I can, I repeatedly asked you on the other thread if you could prove the cause of the universe had to be 1 thing and 1 thing only and you resorted to saying some stupid shit about god being one and the outside of the universe being one, lmao

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 07:52:13 PM

wow, such an interesting topic. especially for an atheist. i`m not close to religion at all, it doesn`t run in my family. so i even don`t understand what religious people feel. and the comments are very readable for me

This topic might be interesting in some ways, but what about scientific proof? Check out the Scientific proof that God exists? - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.0 - thread. I mean, recognizing that God exists, and that He made everything, is the start to finding out about salvation... resurrection... life from death... everlasting life. I mean, if He can make it once, why can't He make it again?

It's a start.

Cool

You are still unable to prove the universe had 1 cause and not multiple so...

You can't prove that I haven't proven it.    Cool

Of course I can, I repeatedly asked you on the other thread if you could prove the cause of the universe had to be 1 thing and 1 thing only and you resorted to saying some stupid shit about god being one and the outside of the universe being one, lmao

Nobody forces you to understand proof, or to admit that you understand it when you do, or to post that you understand.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
MoonCrypt

Activity: 247
Merit: 16

Learn and Grow

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 12:30:43 AM

Argument has been going for ages
1. I asked if there is no God how was man made to be? (if you say organisms well what happen to those organisms ?)
2. I have seen people illness that the doctor said was incurable all of a sudden disappear without explanation ? (if one can explain how?)
3. all the species we have on earth I can but ask myself how was it all created if not by a supernatural source ? (if you have a theory love to hear it )
4. there are how many languages on earth how did it all come about! i just see somethings among men that always point there is a GOD

it does not matter if you believe or not
it does not matter how long your theory or smart
it does not matter how we want to feel about it

there is something that we cant always explain the source and that is GOD  Kiss

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 12:54:25 PM

1. I asked if there is no God how was man made to be? (if you say organisms well what happen to those organisms ?)
2. I have seen people illness that the doctor said was incurable all of a sudden disappear without explanation ? (if one can explain how?)
3. all the species we have on earth I can but ask myself how was it all created if not by a supernatural source ? (if you have a theory love to hear it )
4. there are how many languages on earth how did it all come about! i just see somethings among men that always point there is a GOD

there is something that we cant always explain the source and that is GOD  Kiss

Can you prove that BTGEB (Bobby The God-Eating Bear) exists?

Unless you can prove that BTGEB does not exist, God does not exist because it will be eaten by the BTGEB.

If you can prove that BTGEB does not exist, then apply the same method to God.

It logically follows that God does not exist.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:48:12 PM

there is something that we cant always explain the source and that is GOD  Kiss

Unless you can prove that BTGEB does not exist, God does not exist because it will be eaten by the BTGEB.

BTGEB is only another name you are applying to Satan.

God created Satan for good. God gave Satan great enough wisdom so that Satan walked with God on "the fiery stones." Some people think that Satan may even have been third highest in Heaven at one time.

But Satan thought he was better than God and tried to conquer God. So, God destroyed him, and is in the process of destroying his works.

The reason it is difficult to see how God is doing this is, God does things with His strength. Nobody deters God, not even Satan. So, God is doing what He set out to do, while at the same time pulling Satan's destructive forces out of it all, and destroying them.

BTGEB is dead, killed by God. We are simply to minuscule in our little lives to understand it easily.

Now, the question is, will you continue to follow BTGEB/Satan and be destroyed along with him? Or will you turn to be saved by God as He wants you to be?

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 02:02:59 PM

there is something that we cant always explain the source and that is GOD  Kiss

BTGEB is only another name you are applying to Satan.

God created Satan for good. God gave Satan great enough wisdom so that Satan walked with God on "the fiery stones." Some people think that Satan may even have been third highest in Heaven at one time.

But Satan thought he was better than God and tried to conquer God. So, God destroyed him, and is in the process of destroying his works.

The reason it is difficult to see how God is doing this is, God does things with His strength. Nobody deters God, not even Satan. So, God is doing what He set out to do, while at the same time pulling Satan's destructive forces out of it all, and destroying them.

BTGEB is dead, killed by God. We are simply to minuscule in our little lives to understand it easily.

Now, the question is, will you continue to follow BTGEB/Satan and be destroyed along with him? Or will you turn to be saved by God as He wants you to be?

Cool

I don't know Satan, but I know BTGEB.

Focus on the proof that BTGEB does not exist.

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 02:10:33 PM

From what I remember from reading the bible, Satan was the good guy

God murders, or orders the Israelites to murder, millions of people in the bible...

Satan only murders Job's family, and only because God told him to do it

Satan is known as the questioner/accuser of God... Satan didn't try to "conquer" God... Satan accused God of abusing his authority like a dictator... Satan managed to convince 33% of all the angels that God was a dick... God saw that he was losing his control, so before it reached 50%, he banned everyone from heaven... just like a fascist dictator would do

God is a fascist dictator... no wonder republicans like God and Trump so much... sorry, not sorry
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 02:21:20 PM

God murders, or orders the Israelites to murder, millions of people in the bible...

Satan is known as the questioner/accuser of God... Satan didn't try to "conquer" God... Satan accused God of abusing his authority like a dictator... Satan managed to convince 33% of all the angels that God was a dick... God saw that he was losing his control, so before it reached 50%, he banned everyone from heaven... just like a fascist dictator would do

God is a fascist dictator... no wonder republicans like God and Trump so much... sorry, not sorry

God made everything and owns it all. When people are against God like Satan was, they should be glad He even gives them the opportunity to be on His side, so that they will not be destroyed like Satan was. But when they won't change, okay. They are with Satan, and get the same results as Satan.

Or don't you own any property? Or do you let your neighbors into you living quarters and do anything with your stuff that they want? And do you let everybody mess up all your plans? You are at the library right now, using one of their computers, because people wrecked yours, because you don't care about your property?

Since God made people, and gave them freedom to act according to His instructions, which is to their best benefit... yet they frustrate Him to no end by turning against Him Who holds them alive, to destroy themselves (even though they may not clearly understand that is what they are doing)... why shouldn't He finally let them go on to their own destruction?

God isn't destroying people. They are destroying themselves, just like their buddy, Satan, did, by opposing their Creator.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 02:39:27 PM

God made everything and owns it all. When people are against God like Satan was, they should be glad He even gives them the opportunity to be on His side, so that they will not be destroyed like Satan was. But when they won't change, okay. They are with Satan, and get the same results as Satan.

Or don't you own any property? Or do you let your neighbors into you living quarters and do anything with your stuff that they want? And do you let everybody mess up all your plans? You are at the library right now, using one of their computers, because people wrecked yours, because you don't care about your property?

Since God made people, and gave them freedom to act according to His instructions, which is to their best benefit... yet they frustrate Him to no end by turning against Him Who holds them alive, to destroy themselves (even though they may not clearly understand that is what they are doing)... why shouldn't He finally let them go on to their own destruction?

God isn't destroying people. They are destroying themselves, just like their buddy, Satan, did, by opposing their Creator.

Cool

I have a serious question for you.  Did God create Snowball from Orwell's Animal Farm?

Or people created God, Satan, and Snowball characters?

What mechanism do you use to distinguish fiction from non-fiction?

Did anyone see God, Satan or Snowball?

SinarG

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:58:41 PM

There are 5 proofs of the existence of God. It is written by Aquinas. I give it below:

1. Proof through motion means that everything moving has ever been triggered by something else, which in turn was triggered by the third. It is God that is the root cause of the whole movement.

2. Proof through the generating cause - this proof is similar to the first. Since nothing can produce itself, then there is something that is the root cause of everything - it is God.

3. Proof through necessity — every thing has the possibility of both its potential and real being. If we assume that all things are in potency, then nothing would arise. There must be something that contributed to the transfer of things from the potential to the current state. This is something - God.

4. Proof of the degrees of being - people talk about the various degrees of perfection of an object only through comparisons with the most perfect. This means that there is the most beautiful, the most noble, the best - that is God.

5. Proof through target cause. In the world of rational and unreasonable creatures, the expediency of activity is observed, which means that there is a rational being who sets a goal for everything that exists in the world - this being we call God
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 05:28:24 PM

There are 5 proofs of the existence of God. It is written by Aquinas. I give it below:

1. Proof through motion means that everything moving has ever been triggered by something else, which in turn was triggered by the third. It is God that is the root cause of the whole movement.

2. Proof through the generating cause - this proof is similar to the first. Since nothing can produce itself, then there is something that is the root cause of everything - it is God.

3. Proof through necessity — every thing has the possibility of both its potential and real being. If we assume that all things are in potency, then nothing would arise. There must be something that contributed to the transfer of things from the potential to the current state. This is something - God.

4. Proof of the degrees of being - people talk about the various degrees of perfection of an object only through comparisons with the most perfect. This means that there is the most beautiful, the most noble, the best - that is God.

5. Proof through target cause. In the world of rational and unreasonable creatures, the expediency of activity is observed, which means that there is a rational being who sets a goal for everything that exists in the world - this being we call God

Moloch

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:46:04 PM

These are absolutely not proofs... proofs are applicable to mathematics... these are all debunked logical fallacies

This first one is debunked by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_the_creator_of_God

If you can't have something that moves without a creator, then who created God?  God moves, right?  Then who created the creator of the creator of God, ad infinitum?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:02:15 PM

Since God told him to do it, it is absolutely sane... because obeying god is the most sane thing that can be done.

Cool

tentros

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:19:45 PM
Merited by af_newbie (2), sirazimuth (1)

There are some perfect proofs http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/GodProof.htm, they are so god damn good, that i cant even stop laughing.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:32:32 PM

There are some perfect proofs http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/GodProof.htm, they are so god damn good, that i cant even stop laughing.

Good point. If you can't falsify the proofs, make a joke out of them.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 08:36:21 PM
Merited by sirazimuth (1)

+ 2

These are some solid proofs.  BADecker himself used few of them on this forum, so they all must be true.  Watch him, he is going to come out of the shadows and cut&paste his 5 links to other threads to proof that God in fact exists.  Any minute now...

If only God would care to post on this thread, oh, well, impossible will be impossible, no matter how hard we hope for it.

coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:43:50 AM

All of that is wrong because when applied to God, prove the existence of an even higher being, the creator of God, which would be proof that not even god is God. 
Moloch

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:30:06 AM

All of that is wrong because when applied to God, prove the existence of an even higher being, the creator of God, which would be proof that not even god is God.  

Also known as The Problem of the Creator of God

The problem of the creator of God is the controversy regarding the hypothetical cause responsible for the existence of God, presuming God exists. A common challenge to theistic propositions of a creator deity as a necessary first-cause explanation for the universe is the question: "Who created God?". It contests the proposition that the universe cannot exist without a creator by asserting that the creator of the universe must have the same restrictions. This, in turn, may lead to a problem of infinite regress wherein each newly presumed creator of a creator is itself presumed to have its own creator.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:29:58 PM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

Those are all "proofs" that god can't exist. I'll never understand why religious people don't ask the same questions about god. If all these things need an originator then so does god. He can't exist -- or be the original creator if we go by this logic. God would be, by definition, far more complex than us or the universe and therefor he also needs a creator. He can't just exist due to your own proofs. The truth is it's these flawed proofs that allow the religious to shut off their brain and just accept the easiest or simplest option to them -- which is, don't worry about it because god made everything. I'm sure there will always be unanswered questions about the origin of the universe but god or religions will never be able to answer them.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:32:33 PM

Those are all "proofs" that god can't exist. I'll never understand why religious people don't ask the same questions about god. If all these things need an originator then so does god. He can't exist -- or be the original creator if we go by this logic. God would be, by definition, far more complex than us or the universe and therefor he also needs a creator. He can't just exist due to your own proofs. The truth is it's these flawed proofs that allow the religious to shut off their brain and just accept the easiest or simplest option to them -- which is, don't worry about it because god made everything. I'm sure there will always be unanswered questions about the origin of the universe but god or religions will never be able to answer them.

The point that somebody thinks that God needs a maker, is proof that God exists. Why? Here's why.

Everything we see in the universe was made by other things. Just the idea that something could make itself is absurd.

The one thing we don't see at all is a thing that made the universe. We don't see this thing because it can't be in the universe. If it were, it would be the universe making itself, which never happens that we have any example of.

This means that something outside the universe made it. It also means that the outside thing doesn't follow the laws of the universe, because if it did, it would be part of the universe.

The point is, God can't have a maker. If He did, He would be just like anything else in the universe. But the Maker of the universe can't be in the universe, because nothing that is part of something makes itself.

God, being outside the universe, not only doesn't need something to make Him, but can't have something whereby He was made. If He did, He would be part of the universe, and we know that nothing makes itself out of nothing. Something else always makes it.

Proof that God doesn't need and can't have a maker.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: