Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:00:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 451935 times)
bobfranklin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

aka `DiggeR

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:48:34 AM

Back from my week away and 3 hours after I get back, got into a pretty bad car accident.  No one was *seriously* injured.  Just a broken thumb for me and a bit of whiplash for everyone.

I'll try to answer the questions I noticed real quick though. (not fun typing)

Drivers day off? Tongue

Lucky ya ok though.

BTC: 1Q9zM8QKYGn6PkvogV5YC4PU5TBN8rQNHt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcrealm

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:38:06 AM

Back from my week away and 3 hours after I get back, got into a pretty bad car accident.  No one was *seriously* injured.  Just a broken thumb for me and a bit of whiplash for everyone.

Spondoolies are of interest and I'm looking to do something with them.  I can assure you I'm not paying that outrageous price though Wink

BFL: no ship date in sight, but everything is ready for them.  I'm running the numbers to figure out what to expect and see if there is a better way to handle the situation.

GHash no longer has the "bonus" producing equipment on it, but it seems to be producing less coins on other pools....  Something weird with GHash...
Thanks for the update.  Sorry to hear about the crappy homecoming.

Another thought and they may not be as great as spondoolies but I received an antminer s2 in a week from ordering it.  They are the 1Th units.  Not sure, like I said, if they are as worth while as the spondoolies.  I've started looking at them as well but nothing in stock.
zero10

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:11:13 PM

Back from my week away and 3 hours after I get back, got into a pretty bad car accident.  No one was *seriously* injured.  Just a broken thumb for me and a bit of whiplash for everyone.

Spondoolies are of interest and I'm looking to do something with them.  I can assure you I'm not paying that outrageous price though Wink

BFL: no ship date in sight, but everything is ready for them.  I'm running the numbers to figure out what to expect and see if there is a better way to handle the situation.

GHash no longer has the "bonus" producing equipment on it, but it seems to be producing less coins on other pools....  Something weird with GHash...

Tin foil hat wearing time but I might be able to add something to your comment - payout is better on GHash compared to other pools.  I've read that they might be doing some variety of greedy mining, not releasing their blocks right away to try to run ahead of the pack and guarantee a better payout and for that reason they tend to pay a little bit better than other pools.  Of course it's a crazy internet theory at best  Grin
Lab_Rat (OP)

Activity: 599
Merit: 502

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 07:28:48 PM

Back from my week away and 3 hours after I get back, got into a pretty bad car accident.  No one was *seriously* injured.  Just a broken thumb for me and a bit of whiplash for everyone.

Spondoolies are of interest and I'm looking to do something with them.  I can assure you I'm not paying that outrageous price though Wink

BFL: no ship date in sight, but everything is ready for them.  I'm running the numbers to figure out what to expect and see if there is a better way to handle the situation.

GHash no longer has the "bonus" producing equipment on it, but it seems to be producing less coins on other pools....  Something weird with GHash...

Tin foil hat wearing time but I might be able to add something to your comment - payout is better on GHash compared to other pools.  I've read that they might be doing some variety of greedy mining, not releasing their blocks right away to try to run ahead of the pack and guarantee a better payout and for that reason they tend to pay a little bit better than other pools.  Of course it's a crazy internet theory at best  Grin

It's not crazy internet theory...  There's something going on there and I've spoken to some of the smartest Bitcoin minds about it and they all agree.  Running a 72 hour test against BTCGuild and have someone contacting Eleuthria about it.

I had considered the fact that they may be greedy miners for a couple months now.

ksenter

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:33:24 PM

Awesome, glad you're off ghash, never have trusted them.   What about p2pool? 

Hope you have a speedy recovery from the wreck btw.
hamburgerhelper

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:56:50 PM

The weekly reports on Organofcorti's blog show that ghash.io doesn't have any better luck than would be expected. Week after week, they have a "luck" very close to 1, which is what you would expect from a gigantic pool. The greedy mining strategy, if successfully implemented, would make a pool appear to be "luckier" and their score would be significantly and consistently lower than 1. This does not appear to be happening.

http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/
grnbrg

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

Official LRM shill

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:31:52 AM

Spondoolies are of interest and I'm looking to do something with them.  I can assure you I'm not paying that outrageous price though Wink

BFL: no ship date in sight, but everything is ready for them.  I'm running the numbers to figure out what to expect and see if there is a better way to handle the situation.

GHash no longer has the "bonus" producing equipment on it, but it seems to be producing less coins on other pools....  Something weird with GHash...

Tin foil hat wearing time but I might be able to add something to your comment - payout is better on GHash compared to other pools.  I've read that they might be doing some variety of greedy mining, not releasing their blocks right away to try to run ahead of the pack and guarantee a better payout and for that reason they tend to pay a little bit better than other pools.  Of course it's a crazy internet theory at best  Grin

It's not crazy internet theory...  There's something going on there and I've spoken to some of the smartest Bitcoin minds about it and they all agree.  Running a 72 hour test against BTCGuild and have someone contacting Eleuthria about it.

I had considered the fact that they may be greedy miners for a couple months now.

Just posted to reddit:  http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/280s3m/eligius_pool_operator_catches_block_withholding/

<speculation>
If ghash.io has more than 50% of the network hash available to them, but don't want to spook people, they direct hash at other pools, but withhold winning blocks.  Which makes it more likely that they find blocks....
</speculation>

grnbrg.
canibalbranco

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:14:27 PM

News:
 A group of female engineers are working on a new CPU. 
 Based on female logic, it uses four different boolean values:
 0-Neither YES nor NO:
 1-Either YES or NO:
 2-NO three times:
 3-NO and never mention this to me again ever

Roll Eyes
goddardnet

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:12:42 PM

Hi LAbrat,

From BFL:

"as a courtesy to those customers who have been waiting the longest, we will start deploying Cloud Mining in queue order as early as next Wednesday, June 18th, barring any problems."

BFL are not happy sending out prototype boards to paying customers but are hosting them in order to hash for orders pending (the new pcbwill hash comfortably at 1TH/s apparently!

Are you aware of this and does this mean there is no "two weeks" as BFL are performing the setup - basically will the bonus benefit from day 1?

This is a rolling programme so everyone in the queue will get there ordered hashing power prior to receipt of physical hardware - I hope you in the top 5 in the queue!.
mmmerlin

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:33:41 PM

News:
 0-Neither YES nor NO:
 1-Either YES or NO:
 2-NO three times:

Roll Eyes

Who are you and why are you posting this crap on this thread?
canibalbranco

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:51:24 PM

News:
 0-Neither YES nor NO:
 1-Either YES or NO:
 2-NO three times:

Roll Eyes

I'm a miner and
this is just a joke.
Please do not bother!
 Kiss
mmmerlin

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:49:35 PM

News:
 0-Neither YES nor NO:
 1-Either YES or NO:
 2-NO three times:

Roll Eyes

I'm a miner and
this is just a joke.
Please do not bother!
 Kiss

I understand that it's a joke, but it is not funny, and as this is the first time you have participated in this thread, I was wondering why you are posting that here of all places? I'm sure there is a sub-forum on here for posting stuff like that, this just seems a very odd choice of places to start randomly spamming poor jokes...
canibalbranco

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:56:15 PM

News:
 0-Neither YES nor NO:
 1-Either YES or NO:
 2-NO three times:

Roll Eyes

I'm a miner and
this is just a joke.
Please do not bother!
 Kiss

I understand that it's a joke, but it is not funny, and as this is the first time you have participated in this thread, I was wondering why you are posting that here of all places? I'm sure there is a sub-forum on here for posting stuff like that, this just seems a very odd choice of places to start randomly spamming poor jokes...

Okay I'll activate the "no jokes"  Wink
grnbrg

Activity: 509

Official LRM shill

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:08:52 PM

Divs are waiting on a payout from BTCGuild.  Once they get a block,  divs should follow shortly after.

grnbrg.
Jolest

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:39:54 PM

Divs are waiting on a payout from BTCGuild.  Once they get a block,  divs should follow shortly after.

grnbrg.
This sounds rather... peculiar.  Why would divs on already mined blocks require yet another block to be mined before the current divs can be sent out?
Lab_Rat (OP)

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 12:37:15 AM

I read it as a blocked was mined, but not yet confirmed.  Waiting for additional blocks to be solved to get more confirmations so it cold be included in payouts. But I could be totally wrong.  ;-)

It was 1 block from an auto-payout, but now that I have those coins, CEX is being ddosed so I can't get on to get the other coins out for the regular distributions........

hamburgerhelper

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:48:11 AM

This is why I run with the SMALL dogs. Bitminter is too tiny for anyone to bother it. 1% fee and extremely good uptime. They're more than 1% of the total bitcoin hashrate, so variability is at an acceptable level. If they do have uptime issues, all of my miners fail over to Slush - another tiny pool. Sometimes less really is more.
Lab_Rat (OP)

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 05:26:10 AM

This is why I run with the SMALL dogs. Bitminter is too tiny for anyone to bother it. 1% fee and extremely good uptime. They're more than 1% of the total bitcoin hashrate, so variability is at an acceptable level. If they do have uptime issues, all of my miners fail over to Slush - another tiny pool. Sometimes less really is more.

This won't be an issue soon in the future as I will have all our hardware moved to a private pool with roughly 12PH/s on it as soon as it's launched.

Divs paid finally:

Payout: 5.38986336
Per Contract: 0.00003056

Bonus: 17.50271315
Per Contract: 0.00015623

Total Per Contract: 0.00018679

This number is very concerning to me as there should've been 10-12 more coins mined this week, but with ghash mysteriously solving more blocks than they should and all other pools (including BTCGuild where we're mining with the bonus equip) have solved less...  Not sure what I can do about this, but everyone needs to realize that something is going on.  It was between 1 and 2 coins a day lower payout than my calculator or any other calculator came up with for our equip.  I can assure you that I'm not happy about this as it means less coins for you, less for the company, and less for me.

EDIT: Direct from BTCGuild

Approximate Pool Luck* (24H / 3D / 1W / 2W / 1M / 3M / All Time): 66.301% / 65.832% / 82.802% / 87.931% / 94.378% / 89.131% / 97.852%)

on a 3M time scale a few percent is within range, but over 10% is impossible.  82% for the week and the last half of the week was only 66%?

Ideas?

daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:47:03 AM

This won't be an issue soon in the future as I will have all our hardware moved to a private pool with roughly 12PH/s on it as soon as it's launched.

Divs paid finally:

Payout: 5.38986336
Per Contract: 0.00003056

Bonus: 17.50271315
Per Contract: 0.00015623

Total Per Contract: 0.00018679

This number is very concerning to me as there should've been 10-12 more coins mined this week, but with ghash mysteriously solving more blocks than they should and all other pools (including BTCGuild where we're mining with the bonus equip) have solved less...  Not sure what I can do about this, but everyone needs to realize that something is going on.  It was between 1 and 2 coins a day lower payout than my calculator or any other calculator came up with for our equip.  I can assure you that I'm not happy about this as it means less coins for you, less for the company, and less for me.

EDIT: Direct from BTCGuild

Approximate Pool Luck* (24H / 3D / 1W / 2W / 1M / 3M / All Time): 66.301% / 65.832% / 82.802% / 87.931% / 94.378% / 89.131% / 97.852%)

on a 3M time scale a few percent is within range, but over 10% is impossible.  82% for the week and the last half of the week was only 66%?

Ideas?

Well... considering the following (which is the most I can easily extrapolate with Blockchain.info) I would say GHash is just suspiciously too lucky...

34:32:50 time between latest and oldest parsed block on the page showing their blocks reported
101 blocks found in that time frame
0:20:31 average time between blocks over this data set.
Current avg block time is 7.7 minutes... which is a 23% increase in hashrate than at adjustment right this second
Reducing the above average by the new total comparison hashrate (+23% more now than at adjustment) this is an adjusted block rate of 0:15:48 ( if there had been no additional hashpower added to the network)
Given the above without added hash power, their "51%" would garner a block time of 0:7:45 or 7.75 minutes vs. the average global 7.7 minutes
7.75 minutes is what GHash hashrate equates to minus increases on the network... and that is using the last 34+ hours of data AFTER THEY DROPPED TO 42% OF GLOBAL HASHRATE!!!!!

Maybe I have a weird way of looking at this... but to me that screams something is wrong...

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:11:50 AM

Didn't Eligius catch someone providing them with low dif, useless hashing, making the pool less 'lucky' than it ought to be? Maybe something similar has been happening elsewhere (except, of course, GHash). #conspiracytheory
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: