Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:25:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 07:23:56 AM

We are a couple days yet from getting our 16 chip boards with the trimmer on the board.  I have some 8 chip boards that are an experimental OC board that use the same trim pot and I want to set the stage for how this will work.

In order to use this trimmer, you *must* have a multimeter and know how to measure resistance.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, you aren't ready to try to OC your boards.

An easy place to take resistance measurements is to get ground off the M-board GND terminal (where you would connect direct 12V cables - the terminal screws).  The red probe would go on the top metal contact of the Pulse inductor, which is the large bulky component on the H-card.  Be sure not to also touch the caps that are nearby or you won't get a correct voltage.

While measuring the voltage, use your super-micro tweaker phillips screwdriver to *slowly* turn the trimmer clockwise for higher voltage or counter-clockwise for lower.  The trimmer has an effective range of about 180-degrees.  If you turn it down too far, you will see voltage begin to rise again. 

Don't make voltage changes quickly.  If you go higher than about .895v you better know what you are doing or you will kill your chips.  I don't even know what voltages people are getting away with on these boards.  Find a guide or post before you start mucking around.  Overclocking *will* reduce the reliability of the boards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 07:35:57 AM

How much of a reduction in life could I expect from my miner if I OC them up too a level like 40 GH per card or approximately 640 GH/s?  I'm planning to use heat sinks on all chips and have fans on them too.  Could I possibly hope to see something that lasts a year?

kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:44:45 AM

We are a couple days yet from getting our 16 chip boards with the trimmer on the board.  I have some 8 chip boards that are an experimental OC board that use the same trim pot and I want to set the stage for how this will work.

In order to use this trimmer, you *must* have a multimeter and know how to measure resistance.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, you aren't ready to try to OC your boards.

An easy place to take resistance measurements is to get ground off the M-board GND terminal (where you would connect direct 12V cables - the terminal screws).  The red probe would go on the top metal contact of the Pulse inductor, which is the large bulky component on the H-card.  Be sure not to also touch the caps that are nearby or you won't get a correct voltage.

While measuring the voltage, use your super-micro tweaker phillips screwdriver to *slowly* turn the trimmer clockwise for higher voltage or counter-clockwise for lower.  The trimmer has an effective range of about 180-degrees.  If you turn it down too far, you will see voltage begin to rise again. 

Don't make voltage changes quickly.  If you go higher than about .895v you better know what you are doing or you will kill your chips.  I don't even know what voltages people are getting away with on these boards.  Find a guide or post before you start mucking around.  Overclocking *will* reduce the reliability of the boards.

nice to see you guys selling 8 chips boards. FYI, for the one I made (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=228677.msg3259455#msg3259455), I'm running around 0.9v and pulling 21-22GH and ~23W. been too lazy to try higher voltage.
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 07:54:51 AM

We are a couple days yet from getting our 16 chip boards with the trimmer on the board.  I have some 8 chip boards that are an experimental OC board that use the same trim pot and I want to set the stage for how this will work.

In order to use this trimmer, you *must* have a multimeter and know how to measure resistance.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, you aren't ready to try to OC your boards.

An easy place to take resistance measurements is to get ground off the M-board GND terminal (where you would connect direct 12V cables - the terminal screws).  The red probe would go on the top metal contact of the Pulse inductor, which is the large bulky component on the H-card.  Be sure not to also touch the caps that are nearby or you won't get a correct voltage.

While measuring the voltage, use your super-micro tweaker phillips screwdriver to *slowly* turn the trimmer clockwise for higher voltage or counter-clockwise for lower.  The trimmer has an effective range of about 180-degrees.  If you turn it down too far, you will see voltage begin to rise again.  

Don't make voltage changes quickly.  If you go higher than about .895v you better know what you are doing or you will kill your chips.  I don't even know what voltages people are getting away with on these boards.  Find a guide or post before you start mucking around.  Overclocking *will* reduce the reliability of the boards.

nice to see you guys selling 8 chips boards. FYI, for the one I made (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=228677.msg3259455#msg3259455), I'm running around 0.9v and pulling 21-22GH and ~23W. been too lazy to try higher voltage.

do i see oshpark boards? I've been placing quite a few orders there lately

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:01:08 AM

We are a couple days yet from getting our 16 chip boards with the trimmer on the board.  I have some 8 chip boards that are an experimental OC board that use the same trim pot and I want to set the stage for how this will work.

In order to use this trimmer, you *must* have a multimeter and know how to measure resistance.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, you aren't ready to try to OC your boards.

An easy place to take resistance measurements is to get ground off the M-board GND terminal (where you would connect direct 12V cables - the terminal screws).  The red probe would go on the top metal contact of the Pulse inductor, which is the large bulky component on the H-card.  Be sure not to also touch the caps that are nearby or you won't get a correct voltage.

While measuring the voltage, use your super-micro tweaker phillips screwdriver to *slowly* turn the trimmer clockwise for higher voltage or counter-clockwise for lower.  The trimmer has an effective range of about 180-degrees.  If you turn it down too far, you will see voltage begin to rise again.  

Don't make voltage changes quickly.  If you go higher than about .895v you better know what you are doing or you will kill your chips.  I don't even know what voltages people are getting away with on these boards.  Find a guide or post before you start mucking around.  Overclocking *will* reduce the reliability of the boards.

If we don't have a multimeter or plain just don't know what we're doing, are we better off just getting gen 1 boards?  Does the trimmer have a zero stop so we don't accidentally plug the board in with the trimmer cranked up from shipping and handling?

I'm loving the gen 1 boards that arrived today (thanks for the quick shipping!).  They're hashing above 30GH/s with no OC.  I might be happier just filling up my old M board rather than working with a new starter kit.
kaerf

Activity: 631

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:04:59 AM

do i see oshpark boards? I've been placing quite a few orders there lately

yup, they are pretty convenient and relatively cheap
Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:19:44 AM

An easy place to take resistancevoltage measurements is to get ground off the M-board GND terminal (where you would connect direct 12V cables - the terminal screws).  The red probe would go on the top metal contact of the Pulse inductor, which is the large bulky component on the H-card.  Be sure not to also touch the caps that are nearby or you won't get a correct voltage.

FTFY

We certainly don't want to connect an ohmmeter in that way!

Will you be selling any 8-chip boards? It'd be nice to eliminate the voltage regulator bottleneck on overclocking.

At what voltage would the chips be ruined if not actually mining and producing heat, such as with the chainminer process shut down? Is .895v where it just gets too hot, or where stuff starts shorting internally?

CryptoCluster

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:57:16 AM

At what voltage would the chips be ruined if not actually mining and producing heat, such as with the chainminer process shut down? Is .895v where it just gets too hot, or where stuff starts shorting internally?

Sometimes graphite changes resistance after several hours of hashing in high temps. When voltages gets over 0.880 (measured between caps) on regular H-cards, they start to slow down. After 0.900V they slow down even further (5-15 ghs per card), until they shutdown completely. In my setup cards shutdown immediately when fired up over 0.950V. At one time I was able to measure 1.028V! The card shut down but after "repenciling" it got back to hashing as always :-)

Also there are differences between cards, I got one that runs ok. even at 0.930V.

I've got one 12 cards to experiment on. Second rig runs currently untouched.

EDIT: I have heatsinks on back of all boards in regulator area, and 120 CFM fans!

"The cumulative development of a medium of exchange on the free market — is the only way money can become established. ... government is powerless to create money for the economy; it can only be developed by the processes of the free market." M. N. Rothbard
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:38:54 AM

How much of a reduction in life could I expect from my miner if I OC them up too a level like 40 GH per card or approximately 640 GH/s?  I'm planning to use heat sinks on all chips and have fans on them too.  Could I possibly hope to see something that lasts a year?

noone has been running bitfury chips more than a few months, so its unknown

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:22:14 PM

EDIT: I have heatsinks on back of all boards in regulator area, and 120 CFM fans!

Does the backside of the regulator even get hot? I have felt the top of the chip and its very hot but I don't feel much on the backside. Wouldn't putting a small heatsink on the chip do more?

For the hashing chips those thermal vias work well as even touching the vias themselves gets hot, even better with a heatsink.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
tom99

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:53:18 PM

Does the backside of the regulator even get hot? I have felt the top of the chip and its very hot but I don't feel much on the backside. Wouldn't putting a small heatsink on the chip do more?

For the hashing chips those thermal vias work well as even touching the vias themselves gets hot, even better with a heatsink.

you need to have fan cool down newer Hboards and it can burn out chips that why some people hboard got shut off by board get very hot.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:12:17 PM

Does the backside of the regulator even get hot?

Very. I've put copper heatsinks behind the regulators - not directly because that space is blocked by other components. The heastsinks do get burning hot.
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:33:55 PM

Does this confirm you will indeed be shipping before the end of October? The 31st is next Thursday.
CryptoCluster

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 03:00:29 PM

Yes, it gets quite hot. I believe they are also constructed do dissipate the heat to the board, but I did not do any research in that matter.
In my opinion the regulator heatsink is much more important than chip heatsinks.

"The cumulative development of a medium of exchange on the free market — is the only way money can become established. ... government is powerless to create money for the economy; it can only be developed by the processes of the free market." M. N. Rothbard
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 03:45:29 PM

Well poop... Doesn't look like we'll be hashing by Halloween with October orders Sad
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:31:37 PM

Yes, it gets quite hot. I believe they are also constructed do dissipate the heat to the board, but I did not do any research in that matter.
In my opinion the regulator heatsink is much more important than chip heatsinks.

i would guess that the regulator is half the size of a chip, but emits 3-4x the heat of a chip

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 09:34:02 PM

I want to clarify - we are not selling these 8 chip boards - no idea if we will be any time soon.

We are going to be able to ship some of the earlier queue October rig orders, but at this point I don't see us getting everything out before end of the month.  Assembling first rigs today & through the weekend for Monday shipping.  We just don't have enough product yet to do mass shipping.

I'll keep you posted on when the first big shipments go out from the factory to us.

The trim pots on the cards should be factory set to a safe level, but I've measured some differences from one board to the next.  I doubt the values could change due to shipping - you'll understand when you see how tiny the trimmer is.  Just cranking the thing to max voltage does not necessary produce more output - its careful tuning that will yield the best results.

Best,
Dave

buzzdave (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 09:48:35 PM

***January Chip Prices Released***

I've been authorized to offer bulk chips by the reel (3000 pcs) for $5/chip.  If you rate the chip at even 2GH/s this is only $2.50/GHs!

We are not taking deposits for these - this is an up-front payment required, no-cancel, no-return terms of sale.

Chips will be delivered in January 2014.

Cheers,
Dave

Tsunamirain

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Incakoin= Incagold

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 10:15:17 PM

Only test wafers so far from global foundries I don't see cointerra shipping for December either..
I'm at the plant in Malta NY every day..

AMD FTW

Activity: 317

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:56:26 PM

***January Chip Prices Released***

I've been authorized to offer bulk chips by the reel (3000 pcs) for $5/chip.  If you rate the chip at even 2GH/s this is only $2.50/GHs!

We are not taking deposits for these - this is an up-front payment required, no-cancel, no-return terms of sale.

Chips will be delivered in January 2014.

Cheers,
Dave

Dave can you be a bit more precise as to when in January, as this would make a decision easier.

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
smart-ticket protocol for events | live product with market traction!
BTC ANN | WEBSITE | BLOG | SANDBOX | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: