Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:59:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:20:49 AM

Copper server-grade heatsink for Bitfury H-cards. (wish I had found these sooner, now that 55nm is on its way out)

H-board for scale

Affixed using thermal paste + glue

Buy it $4 e.a. shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-HEATSINK-FOR-PROLIANT-BL460C-410304-001-/310843266756?pt=US_Server_Fans_Cooling_Systems&hash=item485fb3d6c4

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Doff

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:57:02 PM

It takes one night of fine tuning, you save your best.cnf file for both warm and cold temps and when its too warm you just rename a file and its back to stable. My new half rig runs at 310, half of what my full does so I am happy. It took me about an hour to get it to that point because I already knew the tricks.

Now I just need to turn it off one more time so I can put some stabilizers in and it may run even higher Smiley

new price is still too high, but less insulting. drop it to 200 and you can actually start moving inventory

$200 is unnecessarily low. I'd pay 0.40 BTC per card if shipped today, which is currently $325. So if the exchange rate were to jump up to $935 in the next couple hours, I'd buy more v1.2 cards. I'm more conservative in my hardware purchases than alot of people, so they definitely don't need to reduce the price any lower than $325 to keep sales flowing.

if you prefer to spend more money than make then yes. card running at 33ghs would not make its .4 btc back

I run mine at up to 39GH/card. But I pay over $0.30/kwh for electricity so the current prices (in BTC) are a bit too high for me.

how did you get so high at 39Gh/s?

39GH/s is the average of the cards in my most optimized v2 rig. I raised the voltage to about 0.85v when idle. I never got around to checking when hot. And I spent alot of time finding the best speed settings per chip without overloading the VRMs. When the weather warms like in the last few days here, some cards' VRMs cut out until I tune down the chip speeds just a bit, usually just 2 chips at a time until it's stable again.

if you really think about how much work goes into fine tunning these things just to get a few extra satoshis over your investment. almost not worth it. i can be wrong, people can get pleasure out of this.... masochists Wink

Yeah, dare I say this is a lot of time wasted as you could be doing something else more fun than repetitively scrolling through .stats.log and making minor changes like some feudal era peasant. It gets repetitive and monotonous after some time.

Beans

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:47:17 PM

I bought 3 October units. I cancelled 2 of them, still no refund. The one I did receive gets 100-200gh and that's if I restart and mess with the settings constantly. I would think twice about trusting these guys, they could care less about customers so long as they get your money.

Let me know if you want to sell some or all of the rig you have.

I'm pretty sure the problem is with the cards. Everything else has been replaced.

That doesn't sound like MBP at all.  Dave hired Jason to take care of customer support.  Have you tried to contact him yet?

I don't know them all by name. I emailed them back again Monday but I have not heard back yet.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:33:52 AM

@goxed  what do you mean 55nm is on it's way out?  Is bitfury changing something?

Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:44:46 AM

BitFury 55nm is in the same league as most upcoming 28nm mining chips IMO.

goxed
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:20:41 AM

@goxed  what do you mean 55nm is on it's way out?  Is bitfury changing something?
I meant that 28nm products are going to be commonplace in the next few months. Most 28nm dies are huge, and thus board manufacturers sell them with factory heatsinks, watercooling, etc. I donot know if Bitfury has plans to roll out 28nm chips of their excellent product.

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:02:11 AM

I meant that 28nm products are going to be commonplace in the next few months. Most 28nm dies are huge, and thus board manufacturers sell them with factory heatsinks, watercooling, etc. I donot know if Bitfury has plans to roll out 28nm chips of their excellent product.
I thought bitfury has a better W/GH even over 28nm.  Also aren't 28nm more expensive then 55nm?

Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:25:07 AM

Any price drops on the 400+ GH/s models or introduction of higher GH/s setups (basically an addon master card/board)?
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:42:01 PM

Any price drops on the 400+ GH/s models or introduction of higher GH/s setups (basically an addon master card/board)?
I see they are selling them quite good and overpriced of course. When people are buying them is there any reason prices to be dropped?
The answer is......

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:36:44 PM

I see they are selling them quite good and overpriced of course. When people are buying them is there any reason prices to be dropped?
The answer is......

I still don't understand why people are paying for overpriced miners to fund bitfury's private farm (currently at 200TH). Remember people: for every miner sold, bitfury adds a couple more to his farm so think twice before ordering. Stupid stupid people.

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:44:23 PM

The answer is......

I still don't understand why people are paying for overpriced miners to fund bitfury's private farm (currently at 200TH). Remember people: for every miner sold, bitfury adds a couple more to his farm so think twice before ordering. Stupid stupid people.

Because it's an ASIC miner that ships today.

And do you honestly think that Bitfury doesn't currently have enough funds to support it's own private farm without the few pennies that we add to their coffers?  Lol.  Who's stupid now?

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:14:34 PM

The answer is......

And do you honestly think that Bitfury doesn't currently have enough funds to support it's own private farm without the few pennies that we add to their coffers?  Lol.  Who's stupid now?

Everything has a reason dude... Just think about it

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:03:51 PM

The answer is......

I hope you're not responding to me.  I just received a 1/2 rig, 1/4 rig and 3 V1 H boards last week.  I happen to think Bitfury and BitMain gear are very reasonably priced at the moment.

An even lower price would be better but I'm not waiting around for that to happen.  I think those who are always complaining about over-priced gear will never be happy enough to make a purchase.  That's why the ASIC vendors just ignore their pleas.  Why try to satisfy a potential customer who will never actually buy your product, right?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:05:13 PM

The answer is......

I hope you're not responding to me.  I just received a 1/2 rig, 1/4 rig and 3 V1 H boards last week.  I happen to think Bitfury and BitMain gear are very reasonably priced at the moment.

An even lower price would be better but I'm not waiting around for that to happen.  I think those who are always complaining about over-priced gear will never be happy enough to make a purchase.  That's why the ASIC vendors just ignore their pleas.  Why try to satisfy a potential customer who will never actually buy your product, right?

+1. when the price drop happened, it was enough for me to justify a small purchase. however, they need to come down another 20% before I go out and buy full rigs.

alternatively, they fix the rPi SD-corrupting issues and ill buy Smiley  its a massive pissoff that i am scared to reboot the unit or otherwise touch it at all when in operation, even if i think a few more GH/s could be had

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:09:08 PM

+1. when the price drop happened, it was enough for me to justify a small purchase. however, they need to come down another 20% before I go out and buy full rigs.

Bitmains are well under $9/gh. I think these need a 30% price drop now.

Buy & Hold
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:12:21 PM

alternatively, they fix the rPi SD-corrupting issues and ill buy Smiley  its a massive pissoff that i am scared to reboot the unit or otherwise touch it at all when in operation, even if i think a few more GH/s could be had
"sudo poweroff" before you cycle power and everything will be fine.

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:14:56 PM

alternatively, they fix the rPi SD-corrupting issues and ill buy Smiley  its a massive pissoff that i am scared to reboot the unit or otherwise touch it at all when in operation

I don't understand this Sad

Doing a "sudo shutdown -h now" should prevent any possible corruption prior to powering down.

It's right there in the Webgui as well.

I've have had zero issues across 3 rigs now since October. YMMV I suppose  Undecided
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:21:05 PM

The answer is......

And do you honestly think that Bitfury doesn't currently have enough funds to support it's own private farm without the few pennies that we add to their coffers?  Lol.  Who's stupid now?

I hope you're not responding to me.  I just received a 1/2 rig, 1/4 rig and 3 V1 H boards last week.  I happen to think Bitfury and BitMain gear are very reasonably priced at the moment.

An even lower price would be better but I'm not waiting around for that to happen.  I think those who are always complaining about over-priced gear will never be happy enough to make a purchase.  That's why the ASIC vendors just ignore their pleas.  Why try to satisfy a potential customer who will never actually buy your product, right?

alternatively, they fix the rPi SD-corrupting issues and ill buy Smiley  its a massive pissoff that i am scared to reboot the unit or otherwise touch it at all when in operation, even if i think a few more GH/s could be had

I think people are better off staying away from the full rigs.  They're just too unstable and demand a lot of unnecessary attention.  Go for a half rig... or two.

And as long as you shutdown (sudo shutdown now -h) or reboot (sudo shutdown now -r) properly, you aren't likely to have SD card issues. Also, the new rigs have the updated GUI that has a shutdown button that does the same thing as the Linux shutdown code.

Edit  Oops, took too long to reply.  I see others have given the same advice.   Embarrassed

Just bought another Antminer @ 1.9BTC.  Nice price.

Lol, I swore that I'd let my BTC wallet build up some more funds.  Oh well, might as well add a few more Bitfury boards too.  I have a couple of PSUs that have some wattage to spare.  Then I'll stop (for now).  I promise!   Grin
goxed
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:21:54 PM

The answer is......

And do you honestly think that Bitfury doesn't currently have enough funds to support it's own private farm without the few pennies that we add to their coffers?  Lol.  Who's stupid now?

I hope you're not responding to me.  I just received a 1/2 rig, 1/4 rig and 3 V1 H boards last week.  I happen to think Bitfury and BitMain gear are very reasonably priced at the moment.

An even lower price would be better but I'm not waiting around for that to happen.  I think those who are always complaining about over-priced gear will never be happy enough to make a purchase.  That's why the ASIC vendors just ignore their pleas.  Why try to satisfy a potential customer who will never actually buy your product, right?

alternatively, they fix the rPi SD-corrupting issues and ill buy Smiley  its a massive pissoff that i am scared to reboot the unit or otherwise touch it at all when in operation, even if i think a few more GH/s could be had

Have you tried an UHS-1 card? I've had great luck with toshiba 16gb UHS1 card. I no longer shutdown -h now with those cards.

btljuice

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:48:57 PM

Copper server-grade heatsink for Bitfury H-cards. (wish I had found these sooner, now that 55nm is on its way out)

H-board for scale

Affixed using thermal paste + glue

Buy it $4 e.a. shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-HEATSINK-FOR-PROLIANT-BL460C-410304-001-/310843266756?pt=US_Server_Fans_Cooling_Systems&hash=item485fb3d6c4

Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question, but would these heatsinks fit on v2.2 h-cards? I don't know the differences between the versions myself.
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: