Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:53:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:28:21 PM

you have a decent amount of capital right now, how about you use that as collateral for a loan with no payments for a year, remove the bid wall, and let the market do its thang

leverage baby

interesting idea.

Where can I get such a loan?

Coinlenders would be a possibility

A few consecutive weeks of massive ActiveMining dividends near this week's level may dissolve the wall anyway. I don't agree that ActiveMining needs to take on debt to pay the NRE. When we get the 20,000 Avalon chips online, we should improve our mining share, which should convince some skeptics to join up and take down the wall (if it is still around by the end of August anyway).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254930.0

That wall will be gone in August

Surprise

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 02:29:43 PM

I think the situation we're in here is kind of a paradoxical one. The value of the company increases a lot when the NRE funds are raised, but decreases a lot if the funds are not raised. Therefore investors are loath to buy in at the top of the wall when the odds of it dropping seem low. But they will be so eager to buy once the wall gets lower. So we're in a situation where we just need to see a decent chunk of the wall fall before a feedback cycle gets triggered like so. Wall gets lower > investors decide to buy > wall gets even lower > more investors decide to buy.

Anyone care to take that first big chunk out?  Grin

themagicdrake

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:30:27 PM

Are plans still on with the visit to the office and meeting with Ken? Who's going?
lewicki

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:32:44 PM

I think the situation we're in here is kind of a paradoxical one. The value of the company increases a lot when the NRE funds are raised, but decreases a lot if the funds are not raised. Therefore investors are loath to buy in at the top of the wall when the odds of it dropping seem low. But they will be so eager to buy once the wall gets lower. So we're in a situation where we just need to see a decent chunk of the wall fall before a feedback cycle gets triggered like so. Wall gets lower > investors decide to buy > wall gets even lower > more investors decide to buy.

I'll pledge 5 BTC as soon as we hit .0025
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:35:25 PM

Im still mulling it over - maybe a collaborative buy amongst us strong supporters? Say at least 7-10 BTC a piece minimum.  If five of us were interested, and went 10 in, 20k right off the top - hardly a dent though.  Now if six or seven wanted to go 20 BTC or more, could wipe out 70k shares or more quickly and maybe start a surge?

VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:39:55 PM

I asked Ken in a PM where all that extra BTC came from -- extra BTC that far exceeded his mining revenue.

His response: It's all part of the merger process!

Cheesy

I can only imagine how pointless a real conversation would be with him:

So Ken, if it didn't come from mining, where did it come from?  Did somebody give it to you? 

"it's all part of the merger process!"

But.. but.. you aren't answering my question

"It's all part of the merger process!"

Ken, are you telling me that when two entities emerge, money is created out of thin air?

"Yes!"

So what I'm about to do will make us rich then

"Wait, no!  That's not what I.......'

*WHACK*

lewicki

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:44:09 PM

Im still mulling it over - maybe a collaborative buy amongst us strong supporters? Say at least 7-10 BTC a piece minimum.  If five of us were interested, and went 10 in, 20k right off the top - hardly a dent though.  Now if six or seven wanted to go 20 BTC or more, could wipe out 70k shares or more quickly and maybe start a surge?

I can do this.
lolstate

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:46:56 PM

Are plans still on with the visit to the office and meeting with Ken? Who's going?

Babefoot is going tomorrow (Saturday). Update to follow.
finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:59:26 PM

bought up some more AMC shares on bitfunder and want them converted to ActiveMining.  sent you a PM ken.  also will send an email.
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:17:17 PM

bought up some more AMC shares on bitfunder and want them converted to ActiveMining.  sent you a PM ken.  also will send an email.

Why wouldn't you just buy activemining shares in the first place?

neilol

Activity: 302

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:18:02 PM

I asked Ken in a PM where all that extra BTC came from -- extra BTC that far exceeded his mining revenue.

Cheesy

So Ken, if it didn't come from mining, where did it come from?  Did somebody give it to you?  

Ken, are you telling me that when two entities emerge, money is created out of thin air?

"Yes!"

"Wait, no!  That's not what I.......'

*WHACK*

This is pretty worrying...how easy would it be to pad divs with proceeds from stock sale in order to entice more people to buy stock..ponzi time

I think we deserve an explanation of where the divs came from...

lewicki

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:19:00 PM

Because they are cheaper.
lewicki

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:19:58 PM

Cheesy

So Ken, if it didn't come from mining, where did it come from?  Did somebody give it to you?  

"Yes!"

*WHACK*

This is pretty worrying...how easy would it be to pad divs with proceeds from stock sale in order to entice more people to buy stock..ponzi time

Backpay from the reinvestment fund from before the merge most likely.
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:25:36 PM

BTC-TC wall is at 1,922,000 now, so that's 19,664 sold in just a few hours. Smiley

If not before, both walls will be gone quickly after the 20,000 avalon chips arrive. That's a massive TH increase for the current share price.

ActiveMining and AMC are creeping closer and closer to .0025. It's just a matter of time.

Oh...

Here's some food for thought. That wall that you see over there yonder. It's not as big as you think, now with the price of BTC/USD rising.

Assuming the profit taking frenzy doesn't ensue...
finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:31:46 PM

Because they are cheaper.
well one reason is cause they are/were cheaper and another is to force the conversion of AMC shares -> ActiveMining shares.
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:35:25 PM

Cheesy

So Ken, if it didn't come from mining, where did it come from?  Did somebody give it to you? 

"Yes!"

*WHACK*

Yep.  I think that people are forgetting that dividends were getting paid to 40M shares on Bitfunder, even though only ~6M were issued.  My guess is over the last several weeks, those ~34M racked up a few BTC, which Ken generously released to us this week.  I could be completely wrong, but this would be my best guess.

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
lewicki

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:43:29 PM

Assuming the profit taking frenzy doesn't ensue...

That happened last week. We've consolidated. The buys are trending upwards and are in the .002-.0025 region. There is no profit to take until after we rise above .0025.
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:48:19 PM

Cheesy

"Yes!"

*WHACK*

Yep.  I think that people are forgetting that dividends were getting paid to 40M shares on Bitfunder, even though only ~6M were issued.  My guess is over the last several weeks, those ~34M racked up a few BTC, which Ken generously released to us this week.  I could be completely wrong, but this would be my best guess.

This is deja vu, were you around last week?
Ken made the mistake last week of distributing the AMC dividends to ISSUED shares on BTCT, rather than TOTAL shares.  I call it a MISTAKE because that is exactly what he called it.  He then told us the way Bitfunder was doing was the correct way (dividend / 40M), and he needed to adjust BTCT settings so that this doesn't happen again.

So this wouldn't make sense -- why would he backpedal and then backpay us, doing the complete opposite of what he was set out to do a week ago?  

I could see him finally realizing that he overpaid us, just as he did when BTCT shareholders got overpaid last week.  Sometimes it takes awhile for things to click in with Ken.

SoylentCreek

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:54:41 PM

Cheesy

"Yes!"

*WHACK*

Yep.  I think that people are forgetting that dividends were getting paid to 40M shares on Bitfunder, even though only ~6M were issued.  My guess is over the last several weeks, those ~34M racked up a few BTC, which Ken generously released to us this week.  I could be completely wrong, but this would be my best guess.

Ken made the mistake last week of distributing the AMC dividends to ISSUED shares on BTCT, rather than TOTAL shares.  I call it a MISTAKE because that is exactly what he called it.  He then told us the way Bitfunder was doing was the correct way (dividend / 40M), and he needed to adjust BTCT settings so that this doesn't happen again.

So this wouldn't make sense -- why would he backpedal and then backpay us, doing the complete opposite of what he was set out to do a week ago? 

I could see him finally realizing that he overpaid us, just as he did when BTCT shareholders got overpaid last week.  Sometimes it takes awhile for things to click in with Ken.

Let me ask you, if you have so little faith in what Ken and AM is doing, then why are you still invested, and furthermore, why are you even here?  Oh!  So you're just trying to bring a nice healthy dose of FUD to this party?  I see.  Carry on then.

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
lewicki

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:55:12 PM

Ken made the mistake last week of distributing the AMC dividends to ISSUED shares on BTCT, rather than TOTAL shares.  I call it a MISTAKE because that is exactly what he called it.  He then told us the way Bitfunder was doing was the correct way (dividend / 40M), and he needed to adjust BTCT settings so that this doesn't happen again.

I could see him finally realizing that he overpaid us, just as he did when BTCT shareholders got overpaid last week.  Sometimes it takes awhile for things to click in with Ken.

The BTC-TC incident happened because it was the first time divs were handed out there and he expected the same rules on BitFunder to apply on BTC-TC.

In this situation, look here:
https://bitfunder.com/asset/AMC

Go to the profile tab and you will see that there are only 7.6 million shares issued. What he did was no mistake.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: