Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:34:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
LordMeowMeow

Activity: 617
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:58:36 AM

Vbs: do you work for VMC? You seem like Ken's PR.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lolstate

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:02:46 AM

Cat: You don't seem to be up to speed. Take some time to read the threads.
LordMeowMeow

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:08:55 AM

The fact they would put even put up a site of this quality, with only buzzwords and no substance to sell its products - that don't even exist yet - while asking people to invest tons of money speaks volumes. Frankly I find it is insulting to your investor base.

Why should the community raise you a million dollars to build a mining operation and spend thousands on mystery chips when you give out so little actual info about your key product and you don't even bother to proof read your company's profile on a poorly built site with prices that seem to be different depending on where you land?

At the very least these are strong symptoms of a company with very poor quality assurance and professionalism.

Ever hear of an MVP?

You should save your outrage for something deserving.

That being said, I think the ActM MVP has just about been proven, so a new, clean, modern looking design for the website might be a smart move at this point. It shouldn't (needn't) be expensive and should not take up any of Ken's time.

You don't think a company raising 6-7 figure amounts from the community based on the promise of a future product with no guarantees whatsoever that it's not a giant scam should disclose as much information about it to its investors? The typos and such are a secondary issue but they are relevant as that site, along with Ken's posts here, are the image of the company.

Deserving of my outrage? Certainly. And it should be for all of us as when we only ask mediocrity and invest in it, mediocrity is all we can expect back.

Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:18:16 AM

No, but I did my homework and keep doing it everyday.

You don't think a company raising 6-7 figure amounts from the community based on the promise of a future product with no guarantees whatsoever that it's not a giant scam should disclose as much information about it to its investors? The typos and such are a secondary issue but they are relevant as that site, along with Ken's posts here, are the image of the company.

Deserving of my outrage? Certainly. And it should be for all of us as when we only ask mediocrity and invest in it, mediocrity is all we can expect back.

Mediocrity? Ken has spent a whole year developing the xilinx RTL code for the chip so that any of this is possible. He also got one of the best companies on the boat, eAsic, to finalize the chip's development in record time and mass produce it.

Of course the web site can be improved but I would be CRAZY to invest on this based only on web-site cleanness and "company image". The meat is in the inside, not on the outside.
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:21:26 AM

The fact they would put even put up a site of this quality, with only buzzwords and no substance to sell its products - that don't even exist yet - while asking people to invest tons of money speaks volumes. Frankly I find it is insulting to your investor base.

Why should the community raise you a million dollars to build a mining operation and spend thousands on mystery chips when you give out so little actual info about your key product and you don't even bother to proof read your company's profile on a poorly built site with prices that seem to be different depending on where you land?

At the very least these are strong symptoms of a company with very poor quality assurance and professionalism.

Should Ken spend money to hire a professional design firm to build the website then? I'm sure that perfect websites really speak volumes for how a company is able to deliver their products in time.

I do not feel insulted at the least, I know he has plenty on his hands right now.

There is a lot of info already out about the chips to whoever wants to read it and even more info about eAsic's process of design and manufacture.

Yes he should quite frankly. It would cost little in the scheme of things and make the operation at least feel more professional.

I, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, have even offered to potentially arrange/manage it for some straight forward shares. It would still take a little of Ken's time as the information must be correct and kept up to date. That's not to say I would definitely do it as I've a ton of things to do right now, but someone would.

It's not that you need a big website (AM anyone?!), it's that what you have should be done properly when raising this amount of money.

I offered to help with the grammatical errors, and PR relations to the community.... for FREE... no shares, no handouts, just relaying of communication.  You won't get anyone who has done most of the heavy lifting to offer handouts because you have a stronger grasp on the English language and can operate dreamweaver - and I see nothing wrong with doing some of my own due diligence when investing.  I was very skeptical at the beginning, and even up to a month ago, until compiling a complete profile on this company and what it is attempting to accomplish.  Ken can attest, I blasted him on a few posts, sent him some unsavory pm's asking/demanding information.  To his credit, he has answered and responded, and I pointed my nose in the right direction to learn more about him, some of the accusations put upon him, and the erroneous slander published here on this very forum.

I dont care what the site looks like in its infancy, ASICMINER doesn't even have a website and people have no problem dumping a shit ton of capital into that security.  Friedcat has fallen off with his communication to the community, delayed his new blades, is taking pre-orders for them too!  Yet, here they are, me included, buying up shares.  Some people around here focus only on what is in front of them, and can't get off their lazy asses to do their own research.  Grammatical errors mean nothing, a layout of a website means nothing, what matters is the execution of the business model.  Ken is doing that, and is actually doing a pretty good job since straightening out the ship.

Streets 2.0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:27:35 AM

Mediocrity? Ken has spent a whole year developing the xilinx RTL code for the chip so that any of this is possible. He also got one of the best companies on the boat, eAsic, to finalize the chip's development in record time and mass produce it.

Of course the web site can be improved but I would be CRAZY to invest on this based only on web-site cleanness and "company image". The meat is in the inside, not on the outside.

Thank you, well put. 

What is the true comedy in all of this is how misinformed and reluctant people are to do their own homework... "TL;DR" is pure laziness.  Do your homework!  There is a lot of information on Ken out there, on eASIC, the chip design, their relationship, NDR, etc. 

ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:01:32 PM

I offered to help with the grammatical errors, and PR relations to the community.... for FREE... no shares, no handouts, just relaying of communication.  You won't get anyone who has done most of the heavy lifting to offer handouts because you have a stronger grasp on the English language and can operate dreamweaver - and I see nothing wrong with doing some of my own due diligence when investing.  I was very skeptical at the beginning, and even up to a month ago, until compiling a complete profile on this company and what it is attempting to accomplish.  Ken can attest, I blasted him on a few posts, sent him some unsavory pm's asking/demanding information.  To his credit, he has answered and responded, and I pointed my nose in the right direction to learn more about him, some of the accusations put upon him, and the erroneous slander published here on this very forum.

I dont care what the site looks like in its infancy, ASICMINER doesn't even have a website and people have no problem dumping a shit ton of capital into that security.  Friedcat has fallen off with his communication to the community, delayed his new blades, is taking pre-orders for them too!  Yet, here they are, me included, buying up shares.  Some people around here focus only on what is in front of them, and can't get off their lazy asses to do their own research.  Grammatical errors mean nothing, a layout of a website means nothing, what matters is the execution of the business model.  Ken is doing that, and is actually doing a pretty good job since straightening out the ship.

That's a good post and fair comment, but it's quite clear that communication issues remain. If you read other threads here, there are (apparently) issues over photos in use that simply shouldn't be. If true, this is clearly really bad and very unhelpful. That's the stuff that is worse than not having a website or being too busy. And that should be sorted out.

Vbs

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:09:55 PM

Trip to Springfield - Quick Summary

I am going to give a very quick summary of my meeting with Ken.  I am going to be busy tomorrow, so I will try to get a thorough report out in a few days.  I also need to clarify a few things with Ken and let him review anything he might not want revealed at this time or at all.

Overall Impression - Good/Positive

Ken and I talked for a few hours.  I told Ken a little bit about myself, but we mostly talked about his endeavors.  He's got quite a bit of experience in all types of businesses and some good business philosophies to back it up.  I have the impression that Ken is a driven, honest, and frugal person.  I definitely did not sense any red flags at any time during our conversation.  Ken drove me over to Springfield Underground and VMC headquarters.  Here are the pictures I took.  More details to come in a few days. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98907028@N08/

That thorough report would be nice now! Wink
Exocyst

Activity: 266

Science!

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:14:04 PM

Any shareholders dropped 4K (or more) on a FAST-HASH-ONE preorder yet? (link: http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=10&controller=product) I'm considering taking the plunge, and I wanted to know if that was a common sentiment amongst ActM shareholders.

Streets 2.0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:26:14 PM

That's a good post and fair comment, but it's quite clear that communication issues remain. If you read other threads here, there are (apparently) issues over photos in use that simply shouldn't be. If true, this is clearly really bad and very unhelpful. That's the stuff that is worse than not having a website or being too busy. And that should be sorted out.

I addressed the pictures and uninformed posts by others in the speculation thread, see my first post updated and last post there.  Will cross post here too - Chenbro is the chassis people, it will be modified, there is no dvd rom, the pictures were not stolen, the wall is the IPO for funding the NRE, the merge and contract rewrite was a restructuring done in collaboration with the community and more heavily invested shareholders...

Communication issues?  I see Ken posting quite a bit and responding to my PM's along with others.  I know where you are getting these concerns, and I am not bashing anyone or them, legitimate concerns that are accompanied by legitimate answers.  As a comparison, last friedcat update was June 24th, and Ken updates on Active Mining activities multiple times a day.

I think there is a language barrier with Ken, as English is not his first language.  It is not a slight or a flame, I accept that and that is why I offered to him my services to communicate his updates to the community more eloquently.

Exocyst

Science!

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:41:28 PM

I think there is a language barrier with Ken, as English is not his first language.  It is not a slight or a flame, I accept that and that is why I offered to him my services to communicate his updates to the community more eloquently.

I'm not sure if this is true—southern English is not that different  Wink. Can someone who has spoken to him please clarify this?

LordMeowMeow

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:42:14 PM

All of you what have said might be true. Or it might not be. What my issue is with the site, the language, content mistakes and vagueness is that Ken wants people to trust him with not only the NRE funds raised from the shares but also with $4k preorders when the ONLY info found on the site's product page is a generic chassic picture and a few marketing lines about how fast the product is. There is no evidence whatsoever on this site that the business and the Fast-Hash-One is legit. None.

It should be reasonable to expect criticism and doubt when the available information is so unclear and when there is so much money at stake. To me that is unacceptable from both a business and investor standpoint.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:48:11 PM

Ken really should take you (or someone) up on this. So many of these things can and should be properly and easily addressed, both formally on here in one single post and the website should be fixed up (and perhaps simplified/reworked). It will help the IPO, simple as that.

If you're trying to raise that much money, and it's a shedload of money, then you should deal with these matters because it directly affects your money raising attempts. It's all well and good being a great engineer but this is an IPO and needs to be dealt with accordingly. I have an investment but it's in my highest risk category not because I don't believe in the concept but because there have been endless communication failures. Many others won't be investing at all for this reason.

You may say well more fool them, but for Ken it's essential to get as many people on board as quickly as possible. And for you too. At the numbers involved you'll have lots of people who don't have the time or inclination to do significant research, so you want to make it easy for them.

I'm in no way criticising Ken's work in an engineering capacity but I think the public relations side needs addressing and he probably needs help to do that. Say what you like about friedcat, he's handled himself very well and he's come through with the goods. I hope Ken comes through too!

lolstate

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:01:58 PM

All of you what have said might be true. Or it might not be. What my issue is with the site, the language, content mistakes and vagueness is that Ken wants people to trust him with not only the NRE funds raised from the shares but also with $4k preorders when the ONLY info found on the site's product page is a generic chassic picture and a few marketing lines about how fast the product is. There is no evidence whatsoever on this site that the business and the Fast-Hash-One is legit. None.

It should be reasonable to expect criticism and doubt when the available information is so unclear and when there is so much money at stake. To me that is unacceptable from both a business and investor standpoint.

If you had read the threads you would know this has all been addressed and you are rehashing old ground. Don't expect us to do your due diligence for you. Like I say, read the threads - then you're 95% there. Otherwise, you'd be foolish to invest in this venture.
Streets 2.0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:08:13 PM

Ken really should take you (or someone) up on this. So many of these things can and should be properly and easily addressed, both formally on here in one single post and the website should be fixed up (and perhaps simplified/reworked). It will help the IPO, simple as that.

If you're trying to raise that much money, and it's a shedload of money, then you should deal with these matters because it directly affects your money raising attempts. It's all well and good being a great engineer but this is an IPO and needs to be dealt with accordingly. I have an investment but it's in my highest risk category not because I don't believe in the concept but because there have been endless communication failures. Many others won't be investing at all for this reason.

You may say well more fool them, but for Ken it's essential to get as many people on board as quickly as possible. And for you too. At the numbers involved you'll have lots of people who don't have the time or inclination to do significant research, so you want to make it easy for them.

I'm in no way criticising Ken's work in an engineering capacity but I think the public relations side needs addressing and he probably needs help to do that. Say what you like about friedcat, he's handled himself very well and he's come through with the goods. I hope Ken comes through too!

I agree whole heartedly on a lot of your points, and have been taking an intitiative without full on approval from Ken to get all of this information in one place.  Potential investors need this information easily available to make informed decisions.  As to my point on friedcat, I was not bashing him or trying to paint a picture of distrust.  I trust in Friedcat more so than I trust in my woman, and he has delivered massively.  Ken is building trust, and this is the initial phase in the path to delivery.

matuszed

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:12:19 PM

Any shareholders dropped 4K (or more) on a FAST-HASH-ONE preorder yet? (link: http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=10&controller=product) I'm considering taking the plunge, and I wanted to know if that was a common sentiment amongst ActM shareholders.

I'm debating pulling the trigger on one as well. I just don't like putting cash down for a unit when i could buy shares at this point.

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." -Keynes
ffssixtynine

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:37:03 PM

As to my point on friedcat, I was not bashing him or trying to paint a picture of distrust.  I trust in Friedcat more so than I trust in my woman, and he has delivered massively.

I worry about your relationship!
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:54:52 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2013, 01:46:44 AM by knybe

Hmmm, here's a company with a slick website: cryoniks ...maybe you'd rather invest in them and play it safe.
SoylentCreek

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:05:35 PM

Hmmm, here's a company with a slick website: cryoniks ...maybe you'd rather invest in them and play it safe

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
Vbs

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:09:07 PM

Hmmm, here's a company with a slick website: cryoniks ...maybe you'd rather invest in them and play it safe

"Worlds first PC with on-board liquid nitrogen generator" Hahahahahhahahaha!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin You just made my day!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

Edit: The even funnier thing is they rate it at 1000GH/s@2800W, so 0.35GH/s/W so it's even worse than ActM's chip! Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: