Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 06:09:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZERO - COMMUNITY TAKEOVER  (Read 68142 times)
green_coins_and_ham

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:21:09 AM

Two quite technical but interesting videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdx-pqJg4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6qOj9ap6RM

So as far as I understand, zcash and its improved version, zero, ensure transaction anonymity whereas bitcoin doesn't.

This means zero has a huge potential.

I wonder though what's going on with all those other altcoins that recently emerged and are actually enjoying a huge price and marketcap inflation.
They claim to protect anonymity too. What is the truth? What is really going on? Or is it all some market game driven by people's ambition to become rich?
How are governments going to react? All this money, where is it coming from? Is it a new bubble?

I legitimately have no idea what's going on...

Very informative videos, and watched them in their entirety.  The first 30 minutes of the first link, and last few minutes of Q&A seemed to have good general content to describe the value of zero to those that use it for commerce, in relation to the risks of an open ledger like bitcoin.  Further, it seems like this technology will surpass bitcoin due to the bitcoin deficiencies.  Could be good for the website. Say, any bounty for marketing web page submissions that are accepted by those making decisions? (rejections certainly acceptable and unlimited revisions if its in the right direction).

ConstantinGR

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:53:07 AM

Some quite interesting facts/numbers from Cryptopia:

1) Zero's volume is about the same as Zcash's.
2) Someone just dumped 8000 zeros, zero plunged to 20,000 satoshi temporarily but then rose to previous levels.
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:40:56 PM

2) Someone just dumped 8000 zeros, zero plunged to 20,000 satoshi temporarily but then rose to previous levels.

Indeed interesting. Smiley
However, since it is a community driven project to get this coin flying, I think we need a bit more communication on how to progress. I have faith in Dema, but I feel like a lot is happening in the dark. Wink
kono900

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:41:43 PM

we need our tweeter to be filled on coinmarketcap , roadmap, and so one
Demarsac (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 272

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:08:41 PM

we need our tweeter to be filled on coinmarketcap , roadmap, and so one

Coinmarketcap has been notified about updates
They will update it as soon as possible

DM
Demarsac (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 272

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:10:08 PM

You ALL know how much i like deadlines so...

Roadmap to be released till end of the week

Github Update also as Zero will be releasing a new version...

Stay tuned

DM
Sheckley

Activity: 279
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:12:04 PM

However, since it is a community driven project to get this coin flying, I think we need a bit more communication on how to progress. I have faith in Dema, but I feel like a lot is happening in the dark. Wink

Strange things happening indeed... from zero volume to more volume than Zcash is insane... and dumping 8000 zeros in one shot is very weird as well.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
luksbit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:16:10 PM

Strange things happening indeed... from zero volume to more volume than Zcash is insane... and dumping 8000 zeros in one shot is very weird as well.

Do they use the same Zcash protocol or do they use deepweb? And what was the reason for these dump of both?
awill333

Activity: 225

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:59:57 PM

I dont see any of this as strange more like expected. Have been watching feeble sabotage attempts on zero since i showed up. Nothing new in this biz. Zeros volume insane? Some may call it insane to mine for a boss who steals 20% of your profits off the top but others prefer enslavement I suppose.
awill333

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:03:58 PM

Do they use the same Zcash protocol or do they use deepweb? And what was the reason for these dump of both?

Not sure what you mean "dump of both" but its easily obvious to see someone (another zk snark coin) hates zero and theyve been around since zero started. That means they bought those 8k coins very cheap and to dump them is no big loss. Especially when you are trading generated coins from your clone for them. These are common tacticts in this business. I am happy for the  folks who got blessed with those 8k zeros though for a good price! Onward and upward.

Zero does not route through tor by default its zksnarks zcash but one could route their wallet through tor or use vpn if they wished stronger privacy.
awill333

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:04:47 PM

You ALL know how much i like deadlines so...

Roadmap to be released till end of the week

Github Update also as Zero will be releasing a new version...

Stay tuned

DM

Awesome!!!! Good vibes
awill333

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:23:10 PM

Most should be happening out of public view else you have a coin built on fluff and hype like so many already. Zero is growing network strength and value, quite lovely right now. No need for hype or promises of timelines that may not be kept. Things get announced when unfurled and applicable its for the best. Zero is a new coin compared to many others and in my opinion is doing incredible for its age. Wave after wave of people will discover zero and zero will grow. It is just now starting to happen .. like a cartoon snowball rolling down a hill hah... after some time will have much greater momentum force gravity ....
awill333

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:10:43 PM

Just a quick note for all those ppl showing up asking for bounties while providing no credentials or validation, stop.
If you wish to help simply ask "how can I help" it sounds much more appealing then "can I have some free money for no reason". Zero is not a dispenser of free money for no reason. Miners pay out of pocket for power and gear to mine this coin. Zero did NOT have an ico. Therefor there is no pile of free money waiting to feed anyone who shows up asking. If you want to earn money with zero then stop asking for handouts, start buying zero with your own money!, and contribute where you can to make zero better. In this non-vampiric fashion you too can be abundant with zeros.
armoknight

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:45:00 PM

Hey Guys,

Love the turn around and appreciate the new updates. Looking forward to new developments.

I have provided the Blockfolio app feedback to ensure Zero's price updates correctly from Cryptopia on the application.

Additionally can there be clarity or improvements on the following, these are just suggestions

• Which one is the correct Reddit page? There are two listed on the first page of this forum
  • How to refer to Zero? is it Zero Coin or Zero Currency
  • SEO on bitcointalk, currently when I search on google for "Zero Coin Bitcointalk" the first result is the old forum page
  • SEO on Zero Coin searches to bring up correct website as currently brings up zerocoin.org which is something else

Please let me know on how I can assist, I am good with social media additionally my native language is English so I am good at writing.
green_coins_and_ham

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:50:01 AM

@ green_coins_and_ham

I think this is a very good idea: buying zero using a credit/debit card directly from the zero website.
The zero website could act as an intermediator between the retail customer and i.e. cryptopia, and save the retail customer from the hussle of registering in the exchange, then convert fiat into btc and then into zer.
This could be revolutionary for a crypto and I think it should be considered seriously.

I have no idea how feasible/easy it may be, involving financial regulations etc, but it could help make zero accessible to a much wider customer base.

I had a business with merchant account some years ago, real credit card acceptance ability. Unless you have inventory and big income or spectacular credit its not a simple task. Agents show up to photograph your inventory and prove your legit. At least in the country i live but i guess all banks are the same. This whole concept about "merging" cryptos and big banking i find to be appaling. Cryptos are here to replace the banks not bend over for them.

Any suggestions appreciated.  Keep in mind, that my message in the long run (for my e-commerce customers) is open ledger big-name bitcoin and zero for privacy (just waiting for a few more items to fall into place before placing zero buttons on my wix store (beside the bitcoin buttons).  Current buttons include blockchain.info and cex.io and pay with bitcoin.

My vendor correspondence is below, followed by the customer purchase:

ME:  Hello S__,i
My New Year's resolution is to more fully embrace digital currencies in 2018.
So, please provide a bitcoin, ethereum, ripple, or zero account to provide payments for this weekly...
Thanks!
VENDOR S__:G__,
thank you for suggestion, we will consider it.

ME:  Hello D__,
My New Year's resolution is to more fully embrace digital currencies in 2018.
So, please provide a bitcoin, ethereum, ripple, or zero account to provide payments for this weekly...
Thanks!
VENDOR D__:Hello G__,
Greetings!
First, wish you a very happy new year and wish you the best for 2018.
I couldn't understand what do you mean by Bitcoin payments?
Does that mean that you want to pay via Bitcoin to purchase our services? If yes, then sorry to say but in our country Bitcoin payment is not legally tendered yet. Plus, we do not have a payment gateway that offers Bitcoin Payments. Are you okay with Paypal payments?
Let me know...
Regards,
D__
ME: Hello D__,
Digital currency to continue. No Paypal.
Best Regards,
VENDOR D__: Hello G__,
As I said, it's not a legal tender in our country and so, not possible to continue with that.
I would recommend you to approach other sellers who accept Digital Currency for the project.
Thanks!
Regards,
Sorry to lose you as a supplier, however, we make our business choices based upon our set goals.
You did a great job to get us started, and will always think of you in the future, if things change.
Please let me know if I need any credentials other than those previously supplied, or any other departing information you feel necessary in this step.
Best Regards,
VENDOR D__:
See this:
Inline image 2 [BITPAY LOGO. "Country India" D__ uses yellow highlighter overtop, "Bank settlements are currently not available to bank accounts located in India."
Regards,
ME: Ok--will do some checking then respond with options (possibly) shortly.
VENDOR D__: Hello G__,
No problem, it's all about business. Sometimes, we need to take the certain decisions that are strong in nature but serves the benefit in a longer run.
I totally understand your point in here.
I will send you a consolidated sheet containing all the Login and Access again along with activity list that my team used to do each day.
This will be useful to streamline your internal process to market the product especially to generate new leads.
In case you would like to reconsider your decision and would like to resume the project back, I am open for Paypal, that will reduce your cost by 20% as Fiverr charges will get waved off.
All I can offer is just $XX per week instead of $YY. So, monthly cost will be $ZZZ
Let me know...
Regards,
Hold off on the sheet at this time.
I will ask my bitcoin experts, as I am a novice here, however, believe in the goal so am pursuing it. So, give a little time for me to collect the results.
Regards,
VENDOR D__: Sure, noted.
Regards,

WIX STORE:
Nice! You just got an order
An order has been placed on your online store.
Order #: 10XXX
Order placed: Jan 2, 2018
Total cost: $1YY.YY
Payment status: Not paid
Payment method: Offline

CUSTOMER J__: I am trying to buy a [tool]. You forced me to get a blockchain wallet. But, I can't figure out how to use a our visa card to complete the transaction. Is there any way I can make the purchase from you with a visa card the old fashioned way? We are using grant money for the purchase and it would be better to have clear normal accounting to back up the transaction. If it is not possible to make a simple visa purchase please tell me step by step how to move the purchase money from the visa card to the blockchain wallet and then to you. You can reach me by cell phone at aaa bbb cccc. Thanks for your help. I wish I had purchase a [tool] from you before you started requiring bitcoin.
green_coins_and_ham

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:20:35 AM

Two quite technical but interesting videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdx-pqJg4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6qOj9ap6RM

So as far as In understand, zcash and its improved version, zero, ensure transaction anonymity whereas bitcoin doesn't.

This means zero has a huge potential.

I wonder though what's going on with all those other altcoins that recently emerged and are actually enjoying a huge price and marketcap inflation.
They claim to protect anonymity too. What is the truth? What is really going on? Or is it all some market game driven by people's ambition to become rich?
How are governments going to react? All this money, where is it coming from? Is it a new bubble?

I legitimately have no idea what's going on...

There are many protocols to mask transactions: cryptocurrency tumblers and coinjoin, cryptonote and ring signatures, zerocoin (zcoin), zerocash (zcash). Each has its pros and cons, zerocash is the protocol that has a high mathematical complexity and leads few people to understand it, and the new version of zcash brings an improvement of the protocol with the codename "Sapling", for info: https://z.cash/blog/cultivating-sapling-faster-zksnarks.html . Now, honestly and objectively speaking, any cryptocurrency is just a way to speculate and earn, it's an iniquitous system where those with more money can have more computing power and make more money or directly buy and condition the market. In a society where there is not a certain degree of culture and respect for all by all there can not be a fair system if there is no control by an authority that guarantees fairness, and cryptocurrency is not controlled. The crypto coins are a start of something but for now they are just speculation. Do you want a fair coin?, be fair, and to finish, zero is derived from zcash that has the best cryptographic development team with the best cryptographers and scientists, now it is in the zero team to build something around this and the basis for something different there are. I can only wish a good job for development team and all of you for every contribution. Sorry for my bad english.

It all began when I caught the crypto bug--this addictive sickness whereby my days were filled with crypto dreams of riches and salvation, fully supported by many youtube cryptocurrency and bitcoin evangelists that became wealthy from the year-long run up of all cryptocurrencies.   Chasing bitcoin video after video, elevated in front of the computer, with unstoppable energy, and acutely alert I soaked up everything in this to-be monument, but beginning ground floor opportunity.

Honestly, it had a mild beginning, when signing up for a free bitcoin wallet on the internet and not thinking much of it.   Then, spending several hours watching beginner tutorials on how to properly load up your computer with free (donations accepted) cryptography software that was safe from hackers, and with this software that the computer operator would gain freedom from government eyes and enter the modern world of transferring money directly from person to person, with no bank fees or oversight. At this point I was hooked and my life would never be the same.

But with cryptocurrency in its infancy, growing pains are expected. I recall that in my early days of venturing out on my own with a new business and being too timid to call on new people, I joined a barter club with barter "dollars"-- begun 20 years earlier by a grandson of a famous banker. In his case, with his customer network of believing business members that had paid in one-for-one to gain barter dollars, they were left with little because the grandson later flooded the barter system (a few years prior to my joining) with so many additional barter dollars (via his computer that tallied the accounts) that he caused inflation such that the mismatch to the fiat currency (dollar) became laughable and trading voluntarily ceased by most members, their accounts aging idle, growth diminished.

Not to be dismayed by the poor response from the members I visited, my expensive loss from a worthless buy-in, and also never a quitter, I found a second, better managed barter exchange organization, and (even though it required me to travel further to the business network), I was generally satisfied by the results and did my part to be a good member.

Many members required a portion of a purchase of their wares/services in cash and a portion in trade--or "barter dollars." This 50/50 method tended to put the brakes on zealous buying members with fat barter wallets, reducing their retail-price transaction size, thus resulting in a more palatable cash-flows/barter-dollar-flows for selling merchants. 

Conversely, my "true" barter transactions were executed severely in full barter dollars, though difficult to stomach as I plunked down my precious cash (purchasing items on my bill-of-materials) to proceed with the barter sale to my customer.  To keep a better cash-flows balance in my business I later limited the hungry barter members sales by reducing my "barter exchange" product offering from my full line of products.

Later on, after my business bloomed, while "networking" at a cocktail business-card swap held in the local Federal Reserve building, I spotted a FED game in the lobby for visitors to play, whereby the participant could pull one lever to add/reduce liquidity to the monetary system, and a second lever to adjust interest rates up and down, based upon the game's fluctuation of the relative value of the dollar to other currencies and inflation, if my memory serves correct.  As you may have already guessed, all visitors lost the game.  The game ended either by piloting the dollar into a tailspin or its value climbed steeply, thus followed by a tailspin: Monetary tweaking is complex.

So with a journey in alternative currencies under my belt, (1) Where men that know better do wrong--banker's grandson initiated hyper-inflation; (2) A nobody performs relatively better (second barter network required a cash crutch placed atop non-discounted goods and services); and (3) It's not as easy it looks and no pilot (Crypto currency may lack monetary adjustment tools and an operator to implement them, subjecting it to wild gains and losses), I join the crusade for the future success and worldwide dominance of modern digital cryptocurrencies, with a visionary's view that includes a rocky and distressing path ahead.

That stated, I pledge full effort (in my specialization here within [tools]) to expand the vision, announce this new monetary entrant through time-proven product marketing strategies, and to assist in bringing forth the full feeling and power of a new era in currency freedom.

Respectfully Yours,

Green_coins_and_ham
Purveyor
Dizarek73

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:12:48 AM

hi guys!!

I am an early investor on Zoin and a friend shilled me Zero.
I really think is awesome almost 0 fee and anonomous transactions with zero protocol.
Nevertheless, I think Zero need some cool infographics comparing other privacy coins, its the best think to work and marketing.
chem96

Activity: 1330
Merit: 217

https://lifinity.io/

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:42:06 AM

hi guys!!

I am an early investor on Zoin and a friend shilled me Zero.
I really think is awesome almost 0 fee and anonomous transactions with zero protocol.
Nevertheless, I think Zero need some cool infographics comparing other privacy coins, its the best think to work and marketing.

I also enjoy Infographics.
And it's true, it's help a lot to spread the word. would be nice to have such things for Zero

TerrorFromTheDeep

Activity: 324

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:50:02 AM

Good coin with low total capitalization. I think that it have the chance to make some x in the nearest future. But I think that coin still not ready for Bittrex and Cryptopia it is the best place at the moment
bubislav

Activity: 395
Merit: 102

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:44:16 AM

can anyone please guide me how to use optminer/equihash on linux. I haven't use linux before. So it's looking hard for me.

disallow              * this is only if u use ethos
minestop            * this is only if u use ethos
cd /home/ethos  * this is only if u use ethos
---------------
wget https://github.com/Optiminer/OptiminerZero/raw/master/optiminer-zero-1.2.0.tar.gz or other for 4gb cards
tar xvf optiminer-zero-1.2.0.tar.gz
cd optiminer-zero
chmod +x mine.sh
*nano or vi mine.sh and setup pool .... save it
and run it with ./mine.sh

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: