Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:36:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZERO - COMMUNITY TAKEOVER  (Read 68141 times)
komodomining

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 01:13:45 PM

Coinmarketcap total supply is wrong?

just noticed it too. a mistake or something like token burn which I missed?

This has been asked multiple times in the past.
Yes, coinmarketcap is wrong because the current zeroexplorer took over after the project had been practically abandoned by the previous managing team.
There are about 2 million coins (potentially) and the current team is planning to address this ambiguity regarding the coin supply.

It is wrong, it was wrong before. Now it is "worse wrong" .. before they listed a number that has a bit high but nowhere near as inaccurate as currently. I dont know if some joker thought it would be funny to re update cmc with extra wrong information but now its a problem. Its a problem because now it is so wrong it is misleading. To investors, etc.

This is no longer a simple block explorer problem because although gaining good value we ranking system on cmc is screwed. I suppose someone thought it funny to report wrong information to cmc. Really it will not have the intended affect the value will go up if anything. However its not fair fo anyone. I am speaking to everyone here not just in reply.

Congratulations zero we are on the rise again.

komodomining: why are all of your posts red? Its really annoying and sure doesnt cause one any desire to read the words

Red and all capitals? Really bro get over yourself. Nobodies words are that important especially when its the same REDundant bs youve pozted oh so many times. Hey dont get me wrong i dont think of myself as the thread police by any means. It is simply a matter of respect and it looks to me like you think this board is your personal advertising space. It is not. This is the community thread for discussion about zero. I realize you have been here longer than I, running your pool and for that I thank you. However some posts that are not red copy and paste one post 50 times across the entire thread would be seen as actual contribution. Arguably running a mining pool can be seen as contributing to the self interests only. Quests for profit. The same old story. We need the mining pools I know this. What a lovely world it would be if people worked together for a COMMON goal. That would be the prosperity of zero not one pool or the next. Honeslty i hope there are so many pools for zero to open that people dont see running a pool as personal gain but thats probably wishful thinking.

what's wrong ?
first of all post are not rendundant as you can read i open not only pool but servers to decentralize and extend zero coin daemon! and give possibility to ASIA and USA to join zero with low latency and and let people know earlier!
Sure you have my server on you conf! right?
Then, when i have you join ZERO?? I join zero since start and you don't know the work made on this coin.
Again, it's not a personal gain because i set pool at 0% invest my time and my money on it.

You talk about community, well what is your contribution on ZERO @awill333 ??

MININGPOOLS.CLOUD - reliable mining pools with low fees and multi algo stratum pools -  FOLLOW us on twitter twitter.com/miningpoolcloud @miningpoolcloud |
MININGPOOL ECOSYSTEM [ KOMODOMININGPOOL.COM | RAVENCOIN.MININGPOOLS.CLOUD ]
huhuhuhu

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:27:37 PM

Hi @Demarsac and community,

thanks for reviving the project. I am interested in investing into it.
may you help me to understand the following point?

I couldn't figure out if ZER uses its only blockchain or has a "motherchain"?
How does the privacy mechanism work? the website states that its hard coded. does this mean you do not use any of the common protocols like zerocash, zerocoin, cryptonote?

Thanks!
docrypto

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 07:02:01 PM

Any bounties?  I can look at doing a Mac wallet.
Buy some zeros and create your own bounty ... there are wallets being built as we speak kindly to be donated to zero and the community.

I sell shovels and wheelbarrows. I don't sift for gold.
awill333

Activity: 225

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:04:44 PM

Coinmarketcap total supply is wrong?

just noticed it too. a mistake or something like token burn which I missed?

This has been asked multiple times in the past.
Yes, coinmarketcap is wrong because the current zeroexplorer took over after the project had been practically abandoned by the previous managing team.
There are about 2 million coins (potentially) and the current team is planning to address this ambiguity regarding the coin supply.

It is wrong, it was wrong before. Now it is "worse wrong" .. before they listed a number that has a bit high but nowhere near as inaccurate as currently. I dont know if some joker thought it would be funny to re update cmc with extra wrong information but now its a problem. Its a problem because now it is so wrong it is misleading. To investors, etc.

This is no longer a simple block explorer problem because although gaining good value we ranking system on cmc is screwed. I suppose someone thought it funny to report wrong information to cmc. Really it will not have the intended affect the value will go up if anything. However its not fair fo anyone. I am speaking to everyone here not just in reply.

Congratulations zero we are on the rise again.

komodomining: why are all of your posts red? Its really annoying and sure doesnt cause one any desire to read the words

Red and all capitals? Really bro get over yourself. Nobodies words are that important especially when its the same REDundant bs youve pozted oh so many times. Hey dont get me wrong i dont think of myself as the thread police by any means. It is simply a matter of respect and it looks to me like you think this board is your personal advertising space. It is not. This is the community thread for discussion about zero. I realize you have been here longer than I, running your pool and for that I thank you. However some posts that are not red copy and paste one post 50 times across the entire thread would be seen as actual contribution. Arguably running a mining pool can be seen as contributing to the self interests only. Quests for profit. The same old story. We need the mining pools I know this. What a lovely world it would be if people worked together for a COMMON goal. That would be the prosperity of zero not one pool or the next. Honeslty i hope there are so many pools for zero to open that people dont see running a pool as personal gain but thats probably wishful thinking.

what's wrong ?
first of all post are not rendundant as you can read i open not only pool but servers to decentralize and extend zero coin daemon! and give possibility to ASIA and USA to join zero with low latency and and let people know earlier!
Sure you have my server on you conf! right?
Then, when i have you join ZERO?? I join zero since start and you don't know the work made on this coin.
Again, it's not a personal gain because i set pool at 0% invest my time and my money on it.

Hi komodomining, let me start by saying that I do not wish to engage you in an unfriendly interaction. we can all be friends here! maybe my communication seems rude. if so, I apologize. My request was just do "take it easy" on all that red. That's all. It is the perception of this one (me) that posts like that turn the board into what looks like a graffiti wall. Perhaps my comments are out line, I am more than willing to acknowledge this happens.

Thanks for all of your work !!! We are very grateful !!!

That said, this is not a competition to see who is the most "community" and I don't wish to make public (nor could I because it is incomprehensible on the physical plane) all that I have contributed to Zero. Let me just say that I am a very magickal being and Zero has behind it now the magic of my Spirits. Watching Zero 10X after I showed up is no coincidence. ahem. I don't wish to take credit for any of that because it is not about Ego. It is about winning, for everyone.

So I will be here as I am, with attempts to streamline and hone always and always to pour good intentions and powerful magick into this ecosystem. I dont need to say anything to defend myself regarding my contributions, I am simply sharing with you so you have at least some kind of lens into the reality of another.

Besides that, I spend my entire savings on Zero and that was just the start of the magic. Aho!

Blessed be and be well my friend.
awill333

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:06:44 PM

Buy some zeros and create your own bounty ... there are wallets being built as we speak kindly to be donated to zero and the community.

What does that even mean?
awill333

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:08:35 PM

Hi @Demarsac and community,

thanks for reviving the project. I am interested in investing into it.
may you help me to understand the following point?

I couldn't figure out if ZER uses its only blockchain or has a "motherchain"?
How does the privacy mechanism work? the website states that its hard coded. does this mean you do not use any of the common protocols like zerocash, zerocoin, cryptonote?

Thanks!

Hi, a short and simple answer because re-explanation of the technology would only be redundant. You can google "zk-snarks" if you wish to know how the privacy technology works.

Zero is a stand alone coin not some silly ERC20 token requiring a "motherchain". Zero is one blockchain: ZERO. It is generated and secured by the Zero miners. Thanks for your interest!
awill333

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:11:44 PM

Considered investing here, the community take over could give a new hope for the coin. But the uncertanty of existing supply was too much of a risk for me.
Maybe when that is sorted il return to check it out again Smiley

Btw, tried mining on Suprnova but the miner program just stopped after a small time, even without overclock and 64 GB virtual memory (+64 gb RAM) for two Gtx 1080 ti.

Hi! There is a lot more hope for this coin than can be seen on the surface. There is no uncertainty that is simply a matter of perception. The amount of coins on the blockchain is as certain as boolean logic! The reporting of the amount of coins, however, there was a glitch on the block explorer due to improper implementation. That glitch resulted in a (wannabe) saboteur asking coin market cap to change the coin total to the wrong amount based on the wrong data that was published. This didn't effect the coin supply for a single nanosecond. It may have affected peoples perception, but that is just a passing moment. It's fixed now and cmc has been notified. It may require a moment for them to fix there screen. Still, same coins each day generated at the same rate as they were since Zero started. It's clockwork.
docrypto

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:50:03 PM

So the story goes:  during the gold rushes of the 19th century, you could either mine for gold... or sell shovels to the gold miners.
sailor32

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:28:34 PM

So the story goes:  during the gold rushes of the 19th century, you could either mine for gold... or sell shovels to the gold miners.

It means he's not looking to invest in Zero and the risk/rewards that come with it. He's looking for a job with payment for services rendered.
ConstantinGR

Activity: 213

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:40:33 PM

Btw, tried mining on Suprnova but the miner program just stopped after a small time, even without overclock and 64 GB virtual memory (+64 gb RAM) for two Gtx 1080 ti.

Try the mod posted on page 4
ConstantinGR

Activity: 213

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:45:30 PM

Speaking of shovels and miners, just a comment to break the tension here;

I named my rig "Uncle Scrooge"

tearodactyl

Activity: 235

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:25:41 AM

I'll leave https://zero.suprnova.cc running, closing is not necessary anymore and fee is now 0 % Smiley

ocminer, I'm happy to hear that you are going to continue supporting Zero, towards its first birthday and beyond.
Happy New Year,
  Tearo
Sheckley

Activity: 279
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:27:04 AM

It looks like after the huge rise and a little correction the price has stabilized at a very satisfying level. I wonder how price will evolve from now on.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
tearodactyl

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:40:36 AM

hi Guys
how cool is that ?!
Finally it is progressing

I'm still a few months in the hospital

Lokko, please, get well soon and come back!
  Tearo
tearodactyl

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:55:58 AM

BIG NEWS
and that is why someone is trying to force price down with big sell walls
I doubt hardly anyone has seen this or knows about

https://twitter.com/dukeleto/status/946619784497475584

is a HUGE plus for ZERO into hush family and partnered protocol so Zero all new developments hush is making, which are huge,
look at their increase today and will continue, can be applied to ZERO
the core dev has a lot of love for Zero

Guido, thanks for a good pointer. I'm well aware of Duke Leto's recent contribution of the replay protection updates to the Bitcoin Private codebase, but not of this development from the Hush effort.
  Tearo
tearodactyl

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:37:44 AM

komodomining, I know exactly how you feel. We have been supporting the project from the start, with no financial rewards whatsoever, in our spare time, while paying for some hosting or servers. Whatever one thinks of the results of our efforts, we do not deserve any abuse or namecalling.

I enjoy the open source nature of the development that various clones have been introducing to the Zcash codebase, and fully intend to continue tracking the work and helping out, on Zero and on others.  However, I'm unable to follow this very fast growing thread, so if you need me, PM or email me.
  Tearo
  tearodactylus@gmail.com
tearodactyl

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:06:02 AM

You know the previous dev handling the project gathered 1500 Zero from community members
Although i do not like to judge or criticize especially a predecessor...
Well he left with those coins... That's about 8.000$ today
So for now the Community wallet works with donations. People donate and help the dev team pay or be paid for their work
Wallet for donations is in first page
If anyone could find Tearo and remind him that he owes 1500 Zero to the Community it would be nice
DM

Demetrios, I am not going anywhere, but things in my life have been simply overwhelming.

Congratulations on getting the Zero project into high gear and it's wonderful that the entire Z* ecosystem received such a huge Christmas present of a price boost.

The bounty raised back in November was to get someone like David Mercer of the Zcash / Hush fame, to develop the procedure for generating a build of Zero on Windows. At the time of the raise, the value was maybe 1/15th of what it is now.

The arrangement with David did not work out, as I was absent and he fell ill. Now, I'm simply sending the contributions back, so that people can make their own decisions.  So far 720 ZER have been accounted for, and I'd like to ask the other contributors to DM me with the particulars.

Happy New Year,
  Tearo
Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:13:41 AM

You know the previous dev handling the project gathered 1500 Zero from community members
Although i do not like to judge or criticize especially a predecessor...
Well he left with those coins... That's about 8.000$ today
So for now the Community wallet works with donations. People donate and help the dev team pay or be paid for their work
Wallet for donations is in first page
If anyone could find Tearo and remind him that he owes 1500 Zero to the Community it would be nice
DM

Demetrios, I am not going anywhere, but things in my life have been simply overwhelming.

Congratulations on getting the Zero project into high gear and it's wonderful that the entire Z* ecosystem received such a huge Christmas present of a price boost.

The bounty raised back in November was to get someone like David Mercer of the Zcash / Hush fame, to develop the procedure for generating a build of Zero on Windows. At the time of the raise, the value was maybe 1/15th of what it is now.

The arrangement with David did not work out, as I was absent and he fell ill. Now, I'm simply sending the contributions back, so that people can make their own decisions.  So far 720 ZER have been accounted for, and I'd like to ask the other contributors to DM me with the particulars.

Happy New Year,
  Tearo

Well that is good news for the holders of Zero Smiley Im not one of them yet though. And there were no one with my problem trying to mine and having the miner just shut down after a short time without OC?
Same happens to my friend who also got 1080 and 1080 ti cards.
Demarsac (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 272

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:23:26 AM

Update:

Since i have received about 20 pm's in here regarding the update and like 100 pm's in Twitter

I have given a deadline to our Major update/upgrade for end of this week

Just to be clear. End of week for me is Sunday not Friday. I have said this before I don't consider Monday-Friday a full week.
since Crypto is 24/7/365 then there are no weekends (Off).
Well except New Years Day and some special days during the Year....

During this Weekend we will be doing Testing for upcoming release. If we don't hit a bump we will be releasing. If we hit a bump we will be announcing that also

Also a big Team Meeting is scheduled on Sunday on a new implementation ( i can't say more right now- unless there is a consensus)
and to agree upon the Roadmap. Some of the things you will see there have never been implemented before and are breakthrough to this space

Things are getting really serious, i am speaking every day with major investors and already being pressured from multiple angles
This means that i will be very spartan on my forum posts and tweets for the coming days
after all there are hundreds of people now that help each other in here

PS. Thanks everybody for the hundreds of emails in the official Zero email. We have people there answering every single email.

DM
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 11:30:02 AM

Update:

Since i have received about 20 pm's in here regarding the update and like 100 pm's in Twitter

I have given a deadline to our Major update/upgrade for end of this week

Just to be clear. End of week for me is Sunday not Friday. I have said this before I don't consider Monday-Friday a full week.
since Crypto is 24/7/365 then there are no weekends (Off).
Well except New Years Day and some special days during the Year....

During this Weekend we will be doing Testing for upcoming release. If we don't hit a bump we will be releasing. If we hit a bump we will be announcing that also

Also a big Team Meeting is scheduled on Sunday on a new implementation ( i can't say more right now- unless there is a consensus)
and to agree upon the Roadmap. Some of the things you will see there have never been implemented before and are breakthrough to this space

Things are getting really serious, i am speaking every day with major investors and already being pressured from multiple angles
This means that i will be very spartan on my forum posts and tweets for the coming days
after all there are hundreds of people now that help each other in here

PS. Thanks everybody for the hundreds of emails in the official Zero email. We have people there answering every single email.

DM

I smell Masternodes :-)

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: