Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:50:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ActiveMining Overview and Speculation Thread  (Read 167826 times)
lewicki

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:40:37 PM

SatoshiDICE Pass Through payout within 2 hours:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102181.msg2846658#msg2846658
kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:06:43 PM

I know a lot of people on here are really eager for an eASIC press release.  I'm not holding my breath, here's why:

1) At this stage if there is ANY press release at all it'll be about 50 words long and say something along the lines of "eASIC has agreed to partner with VMC to develop a chip."

2) The press I see on eASIC's website is mostly for COMPLETED projects.  PR doesn't just stand for Press Release after all, and good PR this is.

3) eASIC won't be publicly committing to anything in a press release (especially delivery dates).

That said I think Ken is the real deal.

One interesting point to note: The Swedish company KNC Miner is also working with eASIC through ORSoC (who is a channel partner with eASIC).  See this image as proof: http://abload.de/img/dsc_36330bukj.jpg  taken from here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=214285.msg2410076#msg2410076

A channel partner is also known as a value added reseller if I'm not mistaken.

Since ORSoC has already publicly announced their partnership with KNCminer does that put them ahead of ActM in the product development curve?  Are they using the 45nm process or 28nm process?  As I see KNCminer as the only credible threat to ActM's runaway success.

Ken already confirmed the eAsic press release will happen.

Ken,

Very exciting times for those of us investing in your efforts. Thanks for all your hard work, it is appreciated!

I saw a very nicely written press release by eAsic from earlier this year and it made me wonder if we would see a similar announcement regarding their partnership with Virtual Mining Corp.

Here is a link to the 2013 press release: http://www.easic.com/violin-memory-selects-easic-for-flash-memory-arrays/

They have a url path to other years as well, so this seems like standard procedure. here are the 2012 press releases: http://www.easic.com/2012/

Can we expect to see a similar press release in the near future as the NRE is dispersed and eAsic begins operations on VMC's behalf?

Thank you for your time,
Kleeck

Ken's response:

Yes we will.  I have already discussed this with eAsic.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
karsy

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:47:47 PM

Wow, stable cheap shares on BTC-T. We should make an IRC channel for this.

Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:51:36 PM

Wow, stable cheap shares on BTC-T. We should make an IRC channel for this.

Anyone feel free to join #ActiveMining on freenode! Grin

(I like http://hexchat.github.io/ for IRC Smiley)
AstroBoy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:51:44 PM

Yes FriedKen has said that.

What I'm saying is that there is a lot of hype going on over what will be a very melodramatic press release at this point.

The real Press Release will come from eASIC attached to a white paper on Bitcoin and the importance of time to market and how eASIC's technologies were critical in ActM's success.  I expect that to come out around November (a few weeks after we already have working ASIC's from the RTP stage.).

Are we all this excited about the press release because it will be the "proof" people require that the NRE has been paid to eASIC?  Are people really that nervous?
Streets 2.0 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:08:07 PM

Yes FriedKen has said that.

What I'm saying is that there is a lot of hype going on over what will be a very melodramatic press release at this point.

The real Press Release will come from eASIC attached to a white paper on Bitcoin and the importance of time to market and how eASIC's technologies were critical in ActM's success.  I expect that to come out around November (a few weeks after we already have working ASIC's from the RTP stage.).

Are we all this excited about the press release because it will be the "proof" people require that the NRE has been paid to eASIC?  Are people really that nervous?

I do not think it as people are nervous, some are for sure, but most are just clamoring for any good news to play the price swings and increase their positions or make a quick buck.

Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:27:16 PM

An official press release from eASIC - what's the timeframe most people are allowing here? I'm aware Ken said a couple weeks, and from what I've heard from him and those close to him, he seems to really have his nose to the grindstone.

At what point do you begin losing confidence?

May I refer you to the first paragraph? Ken said a couple of weeks less than a week ago.

I'd suggest that if you're even considering or questioning losing confidence at any point whatsoever before 2 weeks is up then you've over invested, not understood investment, or not quantified your risks?

Investors need to be realistic. If you invest in a public company you don't get daily or weekly updates (unless they have some major PR machine/newsletter), and you certainly don't get the CEO responding personally to lots of forum messages.

If you need constant reassurance or to constantly question what he's doing then you should sell some shares until your comfortable with Ken's plans and that he'll follow them through, or you shouldn't be investing at all. This is risk money, it isn't safe money.

Ken needs to be left to get on with his job now. Should there be regular updates? Sure, but let's not have to find out what sandwich he is eating! It's mainly important to know when delays happen (there will be some) or when a schedule target is hit. The next target is at the end of next week tho is the sort of thing that could easily go on longer, so let's wait until then.

I disagree completely. I get at least weekly updates on my fiat stock, and weekly updates here for all my crypto stock, yet Ken's responses are buried in a nondescript forum thread that really no one outside of those that have already stumbled upon it will know about.

What's going on with the other 2 'slaughter' higher-ups? One is the coo/cfo (lol @ being both), the other is the VP of Market Operations. Since there is absolutely no forward progress going on, and since those two other people share the same last name, it would be easy to deduce that they are perfectly capable of providing updates, or at least be more communicative than Ken. I'm not trying to pry into anyone's life, but there is real world money invested here, and AMC/Activemining launch has been one mistake after another.

How is it so hard to get a simple "we're doing great!" status message up on btct to pull in some of the many investment coins?

Why are most of you fighting tooth and nail against any kind of accountability or efficiency?

Where is the board?
Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:48:53 PM

The dividend has now been paid out of BF, the BTC is on it's way to BTCT.
//DeaDTerra

SDICE payments are on the way, grab your cheap shares now Wink
Rawted

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:28:45 PM

//DeaDTerra

Sure would be a great time for some PR! Maybe a status update on the frontpage of btct.co?

One can dream, i suppose.
Streets 2.0 (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:31:33 PM

//DeaDTerra

Sure would be a great time for some PR! Maybe a status update on the frontpage of btct.co?

Unfortunately he is still traveling Sad

ronaldlee0917

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:49:02 PM

The SatoshiDice money has finally arrived on Bitfunder! Consider the price on Bitfunder is relatively low compared to BTCT, buying activemining should be a good choice.

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
Rawted

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:50:46 PM

//DeaDTerra

Yeah, what a shame. Would be great if there were other people working for the company that could provide updates, like a COO, or a CFO? Maybe a VP of Market Operations? Maybe a sibling?

Crazy talk, i know.
Streets 2.0 (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:20:36 PM

//DeaDTerra

Yeah, what a shame. Would be great if there were other people working for the company that could provide updates, like a COO, or a CFO? Maybe a VP of Market Operations? Maybe a sibling?

Crazy talk, i know.

It's not crazy and is something that is in the works.

adub

Activity: 171

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 05:28:46 PM

Crazy talk, i know.

It's not crazy and is something that is in the works.

Reason prevails!  Smiley

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 10:58:45 PM

Due to the sheer speed at which these Bitcoin markets move, it comes as no surprise that many shareholders make, what some may perceive as being unreasonable demands for information updates.

What we should all understand is that this new frontier is a step into the unknown and although it's natural to compare with historical events, nothing here will be limited by what has happened before.

Add to this the fact that Bitcoin securities attract investors from all walks of life, many of which probably wouldn't have ever invested in a stock market and you have a recipe for absolute failure or unimaginable opportunity.  There will be no middle ground.

I speculate ActM will make US dollar millionaires of all those who currently hold over 50,000 shares using a time frame of 12 months from now. This is based upon a $100 bitcoin value.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:43:37 PM

Due to the sheer speed at which these Bitcoin markets move, it comes as no surprise that many shareholders make, what some may perceive as being unreasonable demands for information updates.

What we should all understand is that this new frontier is a step into the unknown and although it's natural to compare with historical events, nothing here will be limited by what has happened before.

Add to this the fact that Bitcoin securities attract investors from all walks of life, many of which probably wouldn't have ever invested in a stock market and you have a recipe for absolute failure or unimaginable opportunity.  There will be no middle ground.

I speculate ActM will make US dollar millionaires of all those who currently hold over 50,000 shares using a time frame of 12 months from now. This is based upon a $100 bitcoin value.

I like how you stroke my dream muscle.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ozymandias

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:02:18 AM

A share price of 0.2 would value the company at 5 million bitcoins, as awesome as that would be I just can't see it happening
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 12:08:26 AM

Not only share price but enormous revenue from hardware sales.  This is something that seems to go over most people's head.  This is this assets greatest value.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
mzog

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:10:46 AM

Not only share price but enormous revenue from hardware sales.  This is something that seems to go over most people's head.  This is this assets greatest value.

Wouldn't hardware revenue necessarily be reflected in the share price or dividends?
lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:19:50 AM

Bitcoin difficulty / ROI chart
http://sdrv.ms/16njy51

credit goes to:
http://www.reddit.com/user/sdmented
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: