Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:48:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ActiveMining Overview and Speculation Thread  (Read 167826 times)
AstroBoy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:33:22 AM

Bitcoin difficulty / ROI chart
http://sdrv.ms/16njy51

credit goes to:
http://www.reddit.com/user/sdmented

Excellent work, I'd send a tip if I had some non-invested coins.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:47:56 AM

credit goes to:

The chart is crap due to the prices being wrong. When did BFL increase the price of the 5 Gh/s to 1,000 GBP (1,510.80 USD)? When did USD and GBP become worth the same amount?

dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:10:58 AM

credit goes to:

The chart is crap due to the prices being wrong. When did BFL increase the price of the 5 Gh/s to 1,000 GBP (1,510.80 USD)? When did USD and GBP become worth the same amount?

I just looked at it briefly, but does it even factor in release date?  I lost interest before I could figure it out.
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:25:58 AM

Rawted,

I trade stocks in the FIAT / "real world" also. Which company has daily PR announcements?
Apple often has radio blackouts before they announce something. Sure, some companies manipulate with rumors and leaks, but which companies have daily or even weekly announcements?

An official press release from eASIC - what's the timeframe most people are allowing here? I'm aware Ken said a couple weeks, and from what I've heard from him and those close to him, he seems to really have his nose to the grindstone.

At what point do you begin losing confidence?

May I refer you to the first paragraph? Ken said a couple of weeks less than a week ago.

I'd suggest that if you're even considering or questioning losing confidence at any point whatsoever before 2 weeks is up then you've over invested, not understood investment, or not quantified your risks?

Investors need to be realistic. If you invest in a public company you don't get daily or weekly updates (unless they have some major PR machine/newsletter), and you certainly don't get the CEO responding personally to lots of forum messages.

If you need constant reassurance or to constantly question what he's doing then you should sell some shares until your comfortable with Ken's plans and that he'll follow them through, or you shouldn't be investing at all. This is risk money, it isn't safe money.

Ken needs to be left to get on with his job now. Should there be regular updates? Sure, but let's not have to find out what sandwich he is eating! It's mainly important to know when delays happen (there will be some) or when a schedule target is hit. The next target is at the end of next week tho is the sort of thing that could easily go on longer, so let's wait until then.

I disagree completely. I get at least weekly updates on my fiat stock, and weekly updates here for all my crypto stock, yet Ken's responses are buried in a nondescript forum thread that really no one outside of those that have already stumbled upon it will know about.

What's going on with the other 2 'slaughter' higher-ups? One is the coo/cfo (lol @ being both), the other is the VP of Market Operations. Since there is absolutely no forward progress going on, and since those two other people share the same last name, it would be easy to deduce that they are perfectly capable of providing updates, or at least be more communicative than Ken. I'm not trying to pry into anyone's life, but there is real world money invested here, and AMC/Activemining launch has been one mistake after another.

How is it so hard to get a simple "we're doing great!" status message up on btct to pull in some of the many investment coins?

Why are most of you fighting tooth and nail against any kind of accountability or efficiency?

Where is the board?

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
adub

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 05:44:58 AM

Rawted,

I trade stocks in the FIAT / "real world" also. Which company has daily PR announcements?
Apple often has radio blackouts before they announce something. Sure, some companies manipulate with rumors and leaks, but which companies have daily or even weekly announcements?

I'm by no means an expert at this stuff but isn't that an Apples an Oranges comparison? The stocks you trade in the "real world" are not startups, correct? Nor are they unregulated securities in a financial space that has seen a comparatively large number of scams. I don't support any statement that we need daily updates, I just think it's worth pointing out some of the differences between traditional stocks and Bitcoin based stocks that might compel a shareholder to request regular and meaningful updates.

And just for a comparison that might be a little closer to the environment we're in...
Transparency and Oversight
Detailed information is available on all Companies. Company reports for investors are available every two weeks. SSX continuously monitors all Listed Companies and ensures Investors are informed.
https://investors.startup.sx/

EDIT: At the same time, this is the stock we all bought into and bi-weekly updates were not part of the deal.

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 11:20:49 AM

Not only share price but enormous revenue from hardware sales.  This is something that seems to go over most people's head.  This is this assets greatest value.

Wouldn't hardware revenue necessarily be reflected in the share price or dividends?

I'm not saying that the share value will be worth $1,000,000 in 12 months but that it's entirely possible that someone who today owns 50,000 shares will be be $1,000,000 better off than they are right now.

If the share value in 12 months is 0.08 btc thats $400,000 with bitcoin being valued at $100.

Add to that the divs from mining revenue which won't take you up to $1,000,000.

That leaves the divs from selling hardware, payed together with the mining divs.  It's here that I forsee the greatest gains and I honestly believe that we are in for an almighty shock when the numbers start coming in.

This was our biggest coup when AMC became ActM.

If my speculation is way off the mark, let's says by a 50% over estimation, then what if the value of bitcoin in 12 months is actually $200 or even higher?

Either way the future for ActM is very bright indeed.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
mzog

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:29:59 PM

Not only share price but enormous revenue from hardware sales.  This is something that seems to go over most people's head.  This is this assets greatest value.

Wouldn't hardware revenue necessarily be reflected in the share price or dividends?

I'm not saying that the share value will be worth $1,000,000 in 12 months but that it's entirely possible that someone who today owns 50,000 shares will be be $1,000,000 better off than they are right now.

If the share value in 12 months is 0.08 btc thats $400,000 with bitcoin being valued at $100.

Add to that the divs from mining revenue which won't take you up to $1,000,000.

That leaves the divs from selling hardware, payed together with the mining divs.  It's here that I forsee the greatest gains and I honestly believe that we are in for an almighty shock when the numbers start coming in.

This was our biggest coup when AMC became ActM.

If my speculation is way off the mark, let's says by a 50% over estimation, then what if the value of bitcoin in 12 months is actually $200 or even higher?

Either way the future for ActM is very bright indeed.

Completely agree with your conclusions, just pointing out that once hardware revenues get paid as dividends the share price will rise in tandem.

Do we know if Ken has any plan on moving USD payments for hardware into bitcoin for dividend payments? He seemed to have a difficult time converting the NRE, and hopefully he plans on selling more than $1m worth of hardware..
4ju5tice

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:47:42 PM

Geez, price is getting great. It might go down more, in fact I hope so that I can invest more into it... It looks like it will have a breakout in some direction. I imagine it will go up at least 30% when news of EASIC is made official in a few weeks. Something that I don't think many people understand about btc mining/hardware stocks is that as the difficulty increases to the ridiculous levels that they will, the Watts/GH will be a much more significant cost, basically making it so that equipment with lower operating costs, although more expensive initially, will pay themselves off much quicker. 28nm technology will win. There's no doubt about it. Ken isn't wasting time with old technology that will become more and more obsolete as time goes on. It's a better strategy. If ACTM and labcoin were playing Settler's of Catan, Ken would probably win. He's got a monopoly on the ore and he's building mad cities; Labcoin's stuck on the sheep port.

Another phenomena that is occurring now is that people are hopping onto all these IPO's hoping to be the next ASICMINER. Even I participated in the Labcoin IPO, and I am glad I did. Luckily, I got out at a price much higher than it is now. I figured I might as well benefit from the IPO since it was sooo hyped and I figured that ACTM wasn't really doing much. Now I'm back in ACTM, just ACTM. Sure, labcoin might go up, probably will in the coming months. But at this point I'm ready to just sit onto my holdings of ACTM instead of being a hawk on these forums. I believe in Ken, he knows what he's doing. He's got a few companies working for ACTM right now. It might take a while from this point on. But I strongly believe ACTM is the way to go. Regardless, it's an exciting time for btc.

Good luck Ken. And thanks to all of my fellow forum posters, you guys have really helped educate people about the potential of ACTM.

Hi.
forensick

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:58:26 PM

Rawted,

An official press release from eASIC - what's the timeframe most people are allowing here? I'm aware Ken said a couple weeks, and from what I've heard from him and those close to him, he seems to really have his nose to the grindstone.

At what point do you begin losing confidence?

May I refer you to the first paragraph? Ken said a couple of weeks less than a week ago.

I'd suggest that if you're even considering or questioning losing confidence at any point whatsoever before 2 weeks is up then you've over invested, not understood investment, or not quantified your risks?

Investors need to be realistic. If you invest in a public company you don't get daily or weekly updates (unless they have some major PR machine/newsletter), and you certainly don't get the CEO responding personally to lots of forum messages.

If you need constant reassurance or to constantly question what he's doing then you should sell some shares until your comfortable with Ken's plans and that he'll follow them through, or you shouldn't be investing at all. This is risk money, it isn't safe money.

Ken needs to be left to get on with his job now. Should there be regular updates? Sure, but let's not have to find out what sandwich he is eating! It's mainly important to know when delays happen (there will be some) or when a schedule target is hit. The next target is at the end of next week tho is the sort of thing that could easily go on longer, so let's wait until then.

I disagree completely. I get at least weekly updates on my fiat stock, and weekly updates here for all my crypto stock, yet Ken's responses are buried in a nondescript forum thread that really no one outside of those that have already stumbled upon it will know about.

What's going on with the other 2 'slaughter' higher-ups? One is the coo/cfo (lol @ being both), the other is the VP of Market Operations. Since there is absolutely no forward progress going on, and since those two other people share the same last name, it would be easy to deduce that they are perfectly capable of providing updates, or at least be more communicative than Ken. I'm not trying to pry into anyone's life, but there is real world money invested here, and AMC/Activemining launch has been one mistake after another.

How is it so hard to get a simple "we're doing great!" status message up on btct to pull in some of the many investment coins?

Why are most of you fighting tooth and nail against any kind of accountability or efficiency?

Where is the board?

GAZPROM has daily news... and it is great, so much progress, cheap shares, almost monopol player in Europe in gas sector
Kuroth

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 07:23:30 PM

Why are Div's being delayed a week?

Streets 2.0 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:27:33 PM

They aren't delayed a week, they are delayed to Friday (today for most) because Ken was meeting with the Engineers this week.

kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:31:01 PM

Let's say that the deal with eAsic is made - how likely is it then that the 28nm chips will be produced/delivered successfully?

Very.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
grimholt

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:41:29 PM

They aren't delayed a week, they are delayed to Friday (today for most) because Ken was meeting with the Engineers this week.

If you have questions like this, I suggest you always check the new info/FAQ page http://www.activeminingbtc.com/ before posting in either ACTM threads here on Bitcointalk. We will try to keep it updated with the latest information on relevant matters.

When will the next div be paid?
As of the time of this writing the next div will be paid on Friday August 2 2013.
Source : Bitcointalk

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Kuroth

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 07:46:42 PM

If you have questions like this, I suggest you always check the new info/FAQ page http://www.activeminingbtc.com/ before posting in either ACTM threads here on Bitcointalk. We will try to keep it updated with the latest information on relevant matters.

When will the next div be paid?
As of the time of this writing the next div will be paid on Friday August 2 2013.
Source : Bitcointalk

Oh ok I read somewhere Friday but I thought they were talking about next Fri..

Thanks for the Info and the FAQ link..

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:22:57 PM

Please tell me, how do you pay dividends if you have no PL statement for the period you pay dividends for?
If ActiveMining can not produce a fkn PL statement before 15th of every month (no idea why it take so long!) how do you expect them do distribute the fkn profits? Invent a number and pay? Fabulous idea indeed!
Or is this "dividend" something else that rest of the world considers a dividend?

Amazing!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:25:59 PM

And before you write something really idiotic, let me ask this: Do you know how profit for a period (day, month, week, hour, year) is calculated?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
mzog

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:42:57 PM

Please tell me, how do you pay dividends if you have no PL statement for the period you pay dividends for?
If ActiveMining can not produce a fkn PL statement before 15th of every month (no idea why it take so long!) how do you expect them do distribute the fkn profits? Invent a number and pay? Fabulous idea indeed!
Or is this "dividend" something else that rest of the world considers a dividend?

Amazing!

Pretty sure Ken just takes the mining revenue and splits it up between exchanges proportional to the share numbers on each.

It is ridiculous that there isnt a formal process for any of this stuff. But don't worry Ken is superman and needs no help.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:45:56 PM

Amazing!

Pretty sure Ken just takes the mining revenue and splits it up between exchanges proportional to the share numbers on each.

It is ridiculous that there isnt a formal process for any of this stuff. But don't worry Ken is superman and needs no help.

Prove it by posting a picture of of Ken wearing his red underwear on top of his blue elastic tights.. or I do not believe you

LOL

knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:49:35 PM

Amazing!

Prove it by posting a picture of of Ken wearing his red underwear on top of his blue elastic tights.. or I do not believe you

LOL

EskimoBob... chill the F out.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 10:12:14 PM

EBob.  Calm down.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: