Bitcoin Forum
May 16, 2024, 09:58:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ActiveMining Overview and Speculation Thread  (Read 167819 times)
matuszed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:28:42 PM

Yes it's utterly false and therefore most probably a ploy to make the shares slide and buy in low. So we are back to where we were. ACtM to the MOON!!!

ha ha ha

Cool

Are you accusing the WSJ of BTC market manipulation? I don't think bitcoin is that big yet.

haha yea.  They have much bigger markets at their bidding if they want.

Link to the tweet about the deal being fake

http://www.activeminingbtc.com/

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." -Keynes
steveioio

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:32:52 PM

Yes it's utterly false and therefore most probably a ploy to make the shares slide and buy in low. So we are back to where we were. ACtM to the MOON!!!

ha ha ha

Cool

Are you accusing the WSJ of BTC market manipulation? I don't think bitcoin is that big yet.

WSJ just like any other media outlet is subject to rumour and lazy journalism whereby stories are printed without sufficient checks on the facts being made. Bunch of amateurs is how I would put it.
Stuartuk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:37:31 PM

OK it's been an eventful 24hrs so now with things a bit quieter on here I'd like to suggest a game.

The problem with checking in on the ACtM threads every 1 or 2 hrs looking at the very latest posting and being ready to dump all your shares at the drop of a hat is you can fall victim to the sort of false news release we saw yesterday. Sadly there are probably people buying back right now above .005 who sold at .004, or worse still they are waiting to buy back at .004 but it may never go there again and they will begrudgingly buy back at .006 or .007. A tragedy.

Now the game is this, what would the situation be if you secured your shares at btc-e/bitfunder then logged out of bitcoin forum today and didn't come back for 3months? What would you come back to?

Just a bit of fun. Any answers should include what you may think will happen with ACtM news releases, progress made over the 3 months, share price in 3months and route it took to get there, dividend payments, BTC price and anything else that might be of interest.

So in 3months time where will we be?

Stuartuk

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:38:21 PM

Oh, and will LTC be on Gox by then?
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:39:22 PM

atleast bitcoin had some major exposure ... the more news the better ... even if its wrong haha Smiley

bigdude

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:45:48 PM

OK it's been an eventful 24hrs so now with things a bit quieter on here I'd like to suggest a game.

The problem with checking in on the ACtM threads every 1 or 2 hrs looking at the very latest posting and being ready to dump all your shares at the drop of a hat is you can fall victim to the sort of false news release we saw yesterday. Sadly there are probably people buying back right now above .005 who sold at .004, or worse still they are waiting to buy back at .004 but it may never go there again and they will begrudgingly buy back at .006 or .007. A tragedy.

Now the game is this, what would the situation be if you secured your shares at btc-e/bitfunder then logged out of bitcoin forum today and didn't come back for 3months? What would you come back to?

Just a bit of fun. Any answers should include what you may think will happen with ACtM news releases, progress made over the 3 months, share price in 3months and route it took to get there, dividend payments, BTC price and anything else that might be of interest.

In 3 months ... lets see ...

- avalon chips and klondike boards on online and hashing away - ~6TH/s
- this gives investors some boners, and proof things are not a scam
- but still no news on eAsic ... NDA, confidentiality blah
- wild price swings occur as FUD, and speculation abounds
- those who hold see pricing heads towards .015
- Ken changes VMC product mix to make it more 'user friendly' (ie. there is still the modular products, but also simpler product along the lines BFL and KNCminer. eg. simple product with XXG/s)

adub

Activity: 171

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 03:54:06 PM

- Ken changes VMC product mix to make it more 'user friendly' (ie. there is still the modular products, but also simpler product along the lines BFL and KNCminer. eg. simple product with XXG/s)

I don't see the product being modified like that.  It seems simple enough already anyway. If you're going to mine in the TH zone, you don't want to have a bunch of KNCs linked together or BFL chained together on a desk. You want to have exactly what Ken has designed. It pops right into a data center rack and off you go.

I think of these as professional grade miners.

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
Stuartuk

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:02:47 PM

mmm I tend to agree only because the next few months will be very busy and developing offshoot products to be ready for market takes up valuable time and may need a development team to be taken onboard.  But as something for the next 6-12 months of ACtM market activity it seems possible. A significant increase in BTC share price may make such products more financially viable with a higher unit sale price available.

Probablly any future plans along these lines should include BTC price forecasts as a central consideration because something not hugely profitable to the company at $100/btc could become a nice sideline with btc at $1000+
bob131313

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:12:55 PM

ACtM shares nearing the .009 mark.
S.E.C starts to close in on US holders of securities. Couple of high profile arrest are made and 1000's of bitcoins lost as market crumbles in those assets.
ACtM changes ownership to foreign national to avoid S.E.C, shares go to .05 at the news.
Friedcat on the run from bad Triad loan. AM shares plummet
PrimeCoin gets on Gox, LTC holders riot and burn MtGox to the ground.
BTC-E becomes a legitimate exchange and vows to 'do no evil'
Pres. Obama accepts his first btc tip on twitter.
btcquick goes belly-up, owners are seen in new boat.
Stuartuk

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:16:59 PM

PrimeCoin gets on Gox, LTC holders riot and burn MtGox to the ground.

ha ha ha ha ha Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Nice one.
bigdude

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:19:27 PM

I don't see the product being modified like that.  It seems simple enough already anyway. If you're going to mine in the TH zone, you don't want to have a bunch of KNCs linked together or BFL chained together on a desk. You want to have exactly what Ken has designed. It pops right into a data center rack and off you go.

As I said - "ie. there is still the modular products, but also simpler products"

The modular ones are for larger miners, especially mining bond providers.

But there is a need for 'simple' products.

Examples:

- BFL has the 5,25,50,500Gh/s miners
- KNC has Mercury, Saturn, Jupiter
- AsicMiner has the USB miner and Erupter

They are simple, easy to understand and therefore better for the common consumer. The modular system is not for the common miner. And there should be a product/s aimed at them too.

adub

Activity: 171

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 04:41:23 PM

I don't see the product being modified like that.  It seems simple enough already anyway. If you're going to mine in the TH zone, you don't want to have a bunch of KNCs linked together or BFL chained together on a desk. You want to have exactly what Ken has designed. It pops right into a data center rack and off you go.

As I said - "ie. there is still the modular products, but also simpler products"

The modular ones are for larger miners, especially mining bond providers.

But there is a need for 'simple' products.

Examples:

- BFL has the 5,25,50,500Gh/s miners
- KNC has Mercury, Saturn, Jupiter
- AsicMiner has the USB miner and Erupter

They are simple, easy to understand and therefore better for the common consumer. The modular system is not for the common miner. And there should be a product/s aimed at them too.

Right, I stand corrected on what you proposed. It will be interesting to see if ActM wants to get into "home miner" space.

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
mzog

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:45:33 PM

In 3 months ... lets see ...

- but still no news on eAsic ... NDA, confidentiality blah

Ken said more news in several weeks. Should be a press release at the minimum well before 3 months.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 09:03:28 PM

The party has been moved over here guys!   Cool  

Let's get the iCEBREAKER fan/anti-fan club off Ken's Official thread.

Come on, we have 'I Love iCEBREAKER' t-shirts for the first 10 noble capitalists and 'I Hate iCEBREAKER' t-shirts for the first 10 Marxist POS.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
N_S

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:16:30 PM

Does anyone know if ActM will be adding any hashing power between now and when the ~5.5 TH/s worth of Avalon chips arrive?
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:16:40 PM

The party has been moved over here guys!   Cool  

Let's get the iCEBREAKER fan/anti-fan club off Ken's Official thread.

Come on, we have 'I Love iCEBREAKER' t-shirts for the first 10 noble capitalists and 'I Hate iCEBREAKER' t-shirts for the first 10 Marxist POS.

TROLL ALERT  
IGNORE this user is recommended.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 09:23:25 PM

Anyone who doesn't agree with theft is a Marxist are they? What you preach is not Capitalism, it's corruption. Your type of debased corruption has made the promiss of Capitalism the stinking mess it's become. I love Capitalism but the dirty stealing selfish dicks like you dickhead and the rest of the 'me me me' dicks at the top spoil it for all of us. You use Capitalism as your banner but there is nothing in the definition of Capitalism that says it involves stealing from the masses. So drop the 'I'm a Capitalist' BS you are not, your are a selfish moron who has been brainwashed into thinking that money is everything and that taking other peoples money by underhand methods is acceptable. It's not moron and it's definately NOT what Capitalism is all about.

It's Funny When You Capitalize Words Like Capitalism For No Good Reason Except To Make Them Seem Scary.   Grin

"Stealing from the masses?"  Wow, you just went full OccuTard (never go full OccuTard).

Selfishness is a virtue; altruism is the path to hell paved with good intentions.

If you understood the invisible hand, you would know that.  But you don't, so you're a stinking OWS RageMarxist.

Your GF would be OK looking if she cut the giant festering cow patty off her head, so at least you got that going for you.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 09:29:09 PM

Does anyone know if ActM will be adding any hashing power between now and when the ~5.5 TH/s worth of Avalon chips arrive?

Just the 60 chips on prototype boards.  Still, a few (12-16) more GH are good for dividends.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 09:33:37 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2013, 09:53:24 PM by iCEBREAKER

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present an experiment designed to test the effect of Butthurt on Marxists.

Before Butthurt is applied to Marxist:

iCEBREAKER's goofey, childish wannabe-hacker-kid-"you been pwned"-graduated-from-online-gaming lingo is absolutely textbook hilarious.

I'd ignore him but its too amusing.

After Butthurt is applied to Marxist:

TROLL ALERT  
IGNORE this user is recommended.

The hypothesis that Marxists are not strong on consistency, emotionally driven, and often hypocritical, is thus confirmed.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 09:35:48 PM

My theory is that he sold all his shares during the plunge and is now pissed that it's back up to normal. 

My theory is that I sold all my shares at tremendous profit during the plunge and am now pleased to be mostly in cash with some cheap (IE free) shares as a bonus.

Just like I said earlier.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: