Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:14:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ActiveMining Overview and Speculation Thread  (Read 167819 times)
Stuartuk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 11:34:10 AM

ACtM to the moon!! Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grimholt

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 04:19:45 PM

Were there made any changes as to how AMC would develop the hash rate of the mining farm after Ken restructured the companies into ActiveMining?

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 04:32:40 PM

The girl in the pic is most certainly going to be an environmentalist dumb ass.

Liquidating your position in  a temporary price crash and staying out does not make you money you total simpleton! You are now down compared to if you had done what the smart guys did which is hold and buy more near the bottom. As you don't get this I presume you are new to this complex world of numbers and multiplication.

So what that tells us is you didn't think price would recover from the little panic lol and you  are now DOWN in real terms to where you would be if you held, that doesn't make you JR you prick it makes you an amateur.

Come on then astonish up all with your in depth knowledge of what geo-politics? I am so sacred. What a fruitcake. Give me two minutes to refresh my memory on wikipedia first I think I may have forgotten something about the methodology of Marxism that calls for the environment to be destroyed. Oh if only the world had total Capitalism the environment would be safe. Utter bollocks from you again. Anyone who you don't agree with is put in a smear box. A very unintelligent approach. But it works for you which says it all. Imbecile.

It helps us get through the boring lulls between news if the insulting screeds we sling at one another are at least witty and amusing.  Your latest missive is neither.

Here, watch and learn from the pro:

------------------------------------------------------

Why are you so humorless?  Because I touched a nerve.

Why do you confuse geo-physics (carbon cycle, tectonics/volcanoes, solar activity) with geo-politics (Obama, UN, Putin)?  Because you are stupid.

Why confuse theoretical Marxism (methodology) with empirical evidence from applied Marxism (Chernobyl, North Korea)?  Again, because you are stupid.

I was all-in ACTM before Sunday so couldn't "hold and buy more."  I had BTC500 in securities before Sunday and I still have BTC500, only now half is in cash. 

Why would you call that "DOWN in real terms?"  Yep, you sure are very stupid.

At least you are responding on our silly Speculaton thread instead of messing up Ken's Official thread like some other idiots we could name!

So thanks for that at least.  Those other idiots ignored our combined appeals to move the I Love/I Hate iCEBREAKER thread over here, and are being inconsiderate to Ken/ACTMPR.

Of course they feel free to act out, because they are in the cult mindset that requires apostates to be shunned and endlessly gossiped about.  It's kind of sad, but very amusing too!   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
N_S

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 04:47:21 PM

Can we please end this dick measuring contest?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 05:05:41 PM

Can this be over soon please?  If what icebreaker says is true, and there can be no guarantees, he's surely waking up this morning and wondering what an almighty cock-up he made to his fortunes and reputation over the last 24 hours or so.  While being tenatious he was never going to have the final word as he pitted himself against too great a number of people more than his match.  Here, the numbers game always wins.

While we wait for news on the progress of ActM it's natural that the forums will disintegrate into this behaviour during the lulls which can be humerous, yet get tiring.

Let's get back to the circle-jerking!   Cheesy

I left the cultists on the Official thread to gossip among themselves out of consideration to Ken and ACTMPR.

Please notice they have not shown any similar courtesy, despite being asked to do so by myself and others on multiple occasions.

The idea that any number of sheeple would be more than my match is ludicrous.  They have greater numbers, but they all bleat the same baa-baa-baa. 

One independent thinker trumps all of them.  This isn't a zombie movie!   Cheesy

After their latest brilliant 'ZOMG iCEBREAKER must be that MPEX guy' discussion, I don't think they could jump the shark via demonstrated mental incompetence any further.

So at this point I'm willing to declare victory and let bygones be bygones.

New topic:  Peter Capaldi is the next Doctor Who. 

I believe he's going to be awesome!  He's older than Matt and has the exact kind of quirky mannerisms required to excel in the role.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Ozymandias

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:13:00 PM

New topic:  Peter Capaldi is the next Doctor Who.  

I believe he's going to be awesome!  He's older than Matt and has the exact kind of quirky mannerisms required to excel in the role.

Yes! Very excited for some new who! After watching all of the 2005 series I started the original and am (very) slowly making my way through the 1960s. Capaldi should be an awesome (and hopefully at least a little dark) Doctor.

Oh, and for the sake of being on topic, I speculate that Capaldi's Doctor will send ActM to the moon!
Sou

Activity: 210

(Bitcoin related text here)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:21:34 AM

Just for the sake of speculation, did S.Dice holders ever get that payout they were waiting for? Seems to have gotten drowned out in the roar of IPO's the last couple days.
synapseattack

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:26:58 AM

Just for the sake of speculation, did S.Dice holders ever get that payout they were waiting for? Seems to have gotten drowned out in the roar of IPO's the last couple days.

Dude... we are talking New Who now... way to kill it with speculation talk.
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:40:41 AM

Dude... we are talking New Who now... way to kill it with speculation talk.

Peter Capaldi will indeed be great. I just finished a two season marathon viewing of The Hour, in which he played a most entertaining OCD sufferer.

Sou... yes, the SDice payouts were made on both exchanges.

LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:36:01 AM

The price goes up. The price goes down. The price goes up. The price goes down.
More IPOs for Mining Companies with big dreams show up.
The funds for those new, novel IPOs must come from somewhere, so maybe people are selling ActM to get into something else.
Why was there a recent drop from over .006 to .004x?
What do you think the price of ActM should be right now?
What new IPOs on BF and elsewhere look good?

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
ChefBorjan

Activity: 148

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:13:35 PM

I am going to start trying to actively* trying to increase my holdings on these waves. It seems to pretty consistently swing between 0.006 and 0.0055 at the very least.

Then Ken comes along and shows a chip hashing, and it all goes wrong...  Wink

*No pun intended

If you feel like leaving me a tip: 1MhxTnB5onvEMqF53TDXxVseQZzYZetxw3
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:33:51 PM

The funds for those new, novel IPOs must come from somewhere, so maybe people are selling ActM to get into something else.

I don't think there's anything else that looks good. All those >28nm chips will take a huge toll as the global network diff rises and they won't be able to compete due to their running power costs.

In the 28nm die shrink all the new guys appearing want to grab all the profit for themselves as much as possible so they don't offer any investment options, just hardware for sale.

Even most current 28nm designs look very sketchy. I can definitely understand ActM's ~16GH/s chip specs, but chips with 100GH/s? 400GH/s? Pulling one of those off requires a team with extreme 28nm knowledge and skill and I don't think anyone with both would choose to design a chip like that (they would need precise analog simulations, custom transistor design, etc, just to keep the signal interference inside those big chips at bay; much easier to design smaller and more efficient chips).
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:13:21 PM

I don't think there's anything else that looks good. All those >28nm chips will take a huge toll as the global network diff rises and they won't be able to compete due to their running power costs.

In the 28nm die shrink all the new guys appearing want to grab all the profit for themselves as much as possible so they don't offer any investment options, just hardware for sale.

Even most current 28nm designs look very sketchy. I can definitely understand ActM's ~16GH/s chip specs, but chips with 100GH/s? 400GH/s? Pulling one of those off requires a team with extreme 28nm knowledge and skill and I don't think anyone with both would choose to design a chip like that (they would need precise analog simulations, custom transistor design, etc, just to keep the signal interference inside those big chips at bay; much easier to design smaller and more efficient chips).

KnC's 28nm ASIC is at a similar efficiency to BitFury's 55nm ASIC. There's more to it than simply the size of the process. These 28nm ASICs sacrifice performance and efficiency for faster design and manufacturing and lower NRE costs. You can't just claim one chip is better than another because it uses a smaller process.
AstroBoy

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:05:32 PM

I agree!  I was just taking a second look at HashFast due to the recent panic and I found this pic on their chip designer Uniquify's site:
http://www.uniquify.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/highp.gif  "Typical high performance methodology using multi-Vt library"

I'm no expert, but from what I make of this, it sounds to me like they would take a somewhat copy&paste solution to the design of the HashFast chips.

http://asic-soc.blogspot.ca/2007/09/multiple-threshold-multi-vt-cell.html

Based on this above article, I can say that I am confident that they will not hit both their speed (400GHash/s) and power efficiency goal of 40w.
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:28:20 AM

The current low price of ActM is an opportunity. Slowly, I have been using proceeds of my mining operation to buy more shares of ActM.
I am mining a total of between 35 and 38 GH, but every bit of that is going into paying off some credit cards and the price of bitcoin is a bit low, in my estimation. It should be at $100, not just below. My prediction is that ActM will be above .007 by December of 2013, and Bitcoin will be at a healthy $120.  This low price is an opportunity and I have been buying shares of ActM on Bitfunder.

Low price and future higher price is an opportunity in the present.

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
afrotec

Activity: 127

Coinnoisseur

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:06:35 AM

.007?! By dec13 im saying .017!
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 05:26:49 AM

anyone care to do some spec-a-laytin?

Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013
somestranger

Activity: 487

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 05:29:21 AM

I put the probability of Avalon chips at 90%, so we will double our hash rate in the next week when the Klondikes are up and running. Avalon clones are still going to be delayed because the prototypes aren't finished yet. Maybe we will get an eASIC announcement around the same time as the chips arrive driving the share price to .006-.007?
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 05:32:55 AM

I put the probability of Avalon chips at 90%, so we will double our hash rate in the next week when the Klondikes are up and running. Avalon clones are still going to be delayed because the prototypes aren't finished yet. Maybe we will get an eASIC announcement around the same time as the chips arrive driving the share price to .006-.007?

Hash rate spike AND easic news and you only expect 0.006-0.007? I'd imagine that those two announcements would push the price up a bit higher than that Smiley

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
AstroBoy

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:09:30 AM

Lets not forget the weekly dividend!
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: