Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:36:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ActiveMining Overview and Speculation Thread  (Read 167827 times)
Stuartuk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:16:29 PM

only possible if you paid 5K USD to Ken to do the transfer for you.

According to VE the money (5k USD) went into the ACtM pot to be paid as dividends to shareholders or used for miscellaneous expenses.
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:26:58 PM

You guys are insane if you think someone is going to let you bounce shares back and forth at a profit.
Why not? You can with AM shares.

navitatl

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:29:29 PM

I've been working on a concept for an inter-exchange share transfer system. It would allow people to remove their shares from exchanges entirely (a la AsicMiner direct shares) then replace them on the exchange of their choice. Or just do a direct transfer. It would provide a valuable service as well as close the price gap between exchanges.

I'm not a coder, though I know some basics and understand limitations. If anyone is interested in this get in touch. I have it fairly well fleshed-out, and I have some ideas for how to make it profitable.
WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:30:14 PM

If someone's making a profit on the trading then someone else is taking a loss. If you think its such a good deal for someone to offer the service at a price that people can make a profit, I suggest you be the first one.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
mannybitcoins

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:30:26 PM

I've been working on a concept for an inter-exchange share transfer system. It would allow people to remove their shares from exchanges entirely (a la AsicMiner direct shares) then replace them on the exchange of their choice. Or just do a direct transfer. It would provide a valuable service as well as close the price gap between exchanges.

I'm not a coder, though I know some basics and understand limitations. If anyone is interested in this get in touch. I have it fairly well fleshed-out, and I have some ideas for how to make it profitable.

I'm glad I brought up this topic. Sounds good navitatl, keep us updated.
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:02:17 AM

An exchange makes money by charging a percentage fee for each trade.
The only reason to be able to transfer stock shares from one exchange to another is to take advantage of arbitrage, that is differences in price between one exchange and another.
The price of a stock or even of bitcoin on one exchange varies from the price on another for a variety of reason including differences in volume between exchanges, the cost of getting FIAT into that exchange and the cost of getting FIAT out of that exchange.
If an exchange charges or passes along a fee to transfer USD, for instance, the price of bitcoin on that exchange will be higher.
It really does not serve the interests of a bitcoin exchange to have free transfers of stock shares out of that exchange.
It involves more work in programming, a greater need for security, and greater risk to them.
It would only make sense if a fee was charged, by the exchange for such transfers.
If something like that were implemented, it should, theoretically, lead to less price difference for a stock which is traded on several exchanges, between the price on those various exchanges. The problem is that eventually, there would be a flow of those shares from the exchange with less volume to the exchange with greater volume, and the smaller exchange would lose out.

It might deal with that problem by offering lower transaction and exchange fees. That would cut into the profits of the smaller exchange. People might buy the stock on the small exchange and sell on the larger exchange. But that would result in less supply on the smaller exchange, which would to higher prices on the small exchange, which might lead to people selling on that exchange. But, having such a flow through without a fee would lead to the death of the smaller exchange.

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 04:53:01 AM

Some hash power expected in Aug/Sept was from the Avalon Chip Shipping, right? so where do we stand in that respect?

The Avalon chips are increasingly likely to be nearly worthless by the time the first few get to steamboat, much less when the other 20k get to ACTM.

steamboat puts on a brave face and claims to "remain optimistic" in the face of zero tangible information from, and being continuously blown off by, Avalon.  But his actions (cancelling/refunding order #7) speak louder than his words.

just as Icoin has "written off" the Glari Mining Project's FPGAs shipped to and ignored by Avalon for upgrades, it may be time to begin considering ACTM's undelivered Avalon chip investments a near or total loss.

Brother Vbs says the Avalon shipment/assembly dates "don't matter" because his pristine "math" is so unquestionably flawless, but the reality is that most, if not all, of our future Avalon icing went rancid on a slow boat to China, and will never grace our cake.

Despite all this, ACTM's exchange asset profiles still reflect a "middle August" date for those assets to begin hashing and paying dividends.   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 05:03:12 AM

Some hash power expected in Aug/Sept was from the Avalon Chip Shipping, right? so where do we stand in that respect?

Brother Vbs says the Avalon shipment/assembly dates "don't matter" because his pristine "math" is so unquestionably flawless...

I dont see you bringing your math in to refute his? Im far more inclined to believe Vbs - who has time and time again shown that he has the ability to compute these things - over someone who has continuously tried to create tension and drama, and who - by your own admission - has previously spread FUD to create a panic sell.

*Time for iCEBREKER's signature ad-hominem attack without refuting the actual point made*

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
navitatl

Activity: 119

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 05:07:21 AM

This is all true, which is why I would try not to depend on the exchanges to play ball. Ultimately this service would force the exchanges to provide better service and easier money transfers, making my theoretical service gradually lose relevance. Until then, it would bit off a free corner of the meaty cashflow of the securities market.
An exchange makes money by charging a percentage fee for each trade.
The only reason to be able to transfer stock shares from one exchange to another is to take advantage of arbitrage, that is differences in price between one exchange and another.
The price of a stock or even of bitcoin on one exchange varies from the price on another for a variety of reason including differences in volume between exchanges, the cost of getting FIAT into that exchange and the cost of getting FIAT out of that exchange.
If an exchange charges or passes along a fee to transfer USD, for instance, the price of bitcoin on that exchange will be higher.
It really does not serve the interests of a bitcoin exchange to have free transfers of stock shares out of that exchange.
It involves more work in programming, a greater need for security, and greater risk to them.
It would only make sense if a fee was charged, by the exchange for such transfers.
If something like that were implemented, it should, theoretically, lead to less price difference for a stock which is traded on several exchanges, between the price on those various exchanges. The problem is that eventually, there would be a flow of those shares from the exchange with less volume to the exchange with greater volume, and the smaller exchange would lose out.

It might deal with that problem by offering lower transaction and exchange fees. That would cut into the profits of the smaller exchange. People might buy the stock on the small exchange and sell on the larger exchange. But that would result in less supply on the smaller exchange, which would to higher prices on the small exchange, which might lead to people selling on that exchange. But, having such a flow through without a fee would lead to the death of the smaller exchange.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 05:15:24 AM

Brother Vbs says the Avalon shipment/assembly dates "don't matter" because his pristine "math" is so unquestionably flawless...

I dont see you bringing your math in to refute his? Im far more inclined to believe Vbs - who has time and time again shown that he has the ability to compute these things - over someone who has continuously tried to create tension and drama, and who - by your own admission - has previously spread FUD to create a panic sell.

I've never questioned Brother Vbs's impeccable math WRT difficulty.  If you could stop beating that strawman, I'd appreciate it.

My actual points of friendly contention are 1) the assumption of facts not in evidence WRT Avalon shipping In Soon WeeksTM and 2) the blatantly false statements posted on ACTM's Bitfunder/BTCT asset profiles WRT the hashing power to be deployed by the "middle of August."

If you would address these actual concerns, instead of defending Vbs's uncontested difficulty projections, it would be to the benefit of all current and potential ACTM investors.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
yuansuyi

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 05:19:02 AM

Even the ASICME(very bad reputation in China, want to do IPO on BTCT) has 9T hashrate online mining.

What is the current hashrate of ACTM?   With ordered avalon chips get online, what the hashrate will be ?
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 05:25:16 AM

I've never questioned Brother Vbs's impeccable math WRT difficulty.  If you could stop beating that strawman, I'd appreciate it.

My actual points of friendly contention are 1) the assumption of facts not in evidence WRT Avalon shipping In Soon WeeksTM and 2) the blatantly false statements posted on ACTM's Bitfunder/BTCT asset profiles WRT the hashing power to be deployed by the "middle of August."

If you would address these actual concerns, instead of defending Vbs's uncontested difficulty projections, it would be to the benefit of all current and potential ACTM investors.

Your statement dripped with sarcasm, you never questioned the math directly, however it was heavily implied. You accuse me of using a strawman, as a form of attacking me ad-hominem. Stop doing that. Stick to the subject matter.

as to 1)
Quote from: avalon-asics.com
(you can take this as chips will resume shipping by end of next week for now.)

As to point 2) Those listings were made when those predictions were thought to be accurate. Once the listing has been created, it is impossible to modify it.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:13:35 AM

I've never questioned Brother Vbs's impeccable math WRT difficulty.  If you could stop beating that strawman, I'd appreciate it.

The month is irrelevant. You can replace the column "August" with "Month X" as long as the global network hashrate is no more than 478.8TH at point X for the spreadsheet to still be accurate.

Break free of your monthly chains! Grin
adub

Activity: 171

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 11:17:59 AM

Even the ASICME(very bad reputation in China, want to do IPO on BTCT) has 9T hashrate online mining.

What is the current hashrate of ACTM?   With ordered avalon chips get online, what the hashrate will be ?

That and many more questions answered here. Also check the first post of the main thread.

http://www.activeminingbtc.com/

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
Stuartuk

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:10:21 PM

Anytime MiceBreaker comes on here he's in ORANGE on this scale and on a good day he's straight to PINK then trots off to leave us in peace.
Has he brought ANYTHING productive to this thread in his entire time here?Huh?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 01:50:34 PM

There you go again Goody Stuart, spreading untruths.   

I'm sure you were just joking, like on the other thread where you posted lies because that's funny to you.   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Stuartuk

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 01:54:18 PM

There you go again Goody Stuart, spreading untruths.  

I'm sure you were just joking, like on the other thread where you posted lies because that's funny to you.   Roll Eyes

mmm

ORANGE

with a bit of PINK
adub

Activity: 171

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 01:54:54 PM

Nice! Here is a similar graphic of rhetological fallacies.
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/rhetological-fallacies/

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:15:29 PM

Oh good! We're discussing debate logic!!

Just what this thread is for.

ಠ_ಠ

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ninshatamoto

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:43:54 PM

Oh good! We're discussing debate logic!!

Just what this thread is for.

ಠ_ಠ

And now we're discussing the discussion of debate logic!

Awwww yea.  Time to BUY BUY BUY!
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: