Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:11:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Miner's Official Coin LAUNCH - NUGGETS (NUGS) --  (Read 121474 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:58:52 AM

Yeah I noticed that (see "on edit") after posting.  However it looks like no block will get the lottery due to the order of the if statements.
Holy shit, you're right.

Big issue, the "VGB protocol" is completely broken not only in design, but also in implementation. No blocks will ever get the reward.

(Okay technically, blocks 249 and 250 alone have a small chance of getting the reward. But no other blocks!)

Come on lucky 249 & 250. Smiley

Before someone asks, changing/fixing it now would result in a hard fork between the updated and original nodes.  It also makes the owner's premine more like 3% (2.2 mil / (14726880 blocks * 49 ea + 2.2 mil).
AgentME

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:59:13 AM

Oh wow, I just realized there's no reward halving at all. After 7 years, rewards abruptly stop. Transaction fees will pay some rewards, but the sudden immediate drop-off would be chaos for the network as most miners go offline, and the remaining miners that stick it out will have extreme trouble meeting the high difficulty left in the wake. And then the network will be very vulnerable to 51% attacks.

Major issue.

Minor issue.  The coin won't be around in 7 weeks much less 7 years.
Oh, of course. I'm just pointing out the coin isn't even trying.
thef

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:01:44 AM

Yeah I noticed that (see "on edit") after posting.  However it looks like no block will get the lottery due to the order of the if statements.
Holy shit, you're right.

Big issue, the "VGB protocol" is completely broken not only in design, but also in implementation. No blocks will ever get the reward.

(Okay technically, blocks 249 and 250 alone have a small chance of getting the reward. But no other blocks!)

LOL! This is hilarious. How much did this guy pay a "programmer" to make this coin?
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:03:43 AM

int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees, uint256 prevHash)
{
      int64 nSubsidy = 0 * COIN;

std::string cseed_str = prevHash.ToString().substr(8,7);
      const char* cseed = cseed_str.c_str();
      long seed = hex2long(cseed);

int rand = generateMTRandom(seed, 100000);

if(rand > 50000 && rand < 50011)      
         nSubsidy = 10045 * COIN;  //The VGB Protocol Random 250x Block Award

if(nHeight == 1)  
         nSubsidy = 1100000 * COIN; //.5% Public Wallet Premine

else if(nHeight == 2)  
         nSubsidy = 1100000 * COIN; //.5% Coin Owner Premine

else if(nHeight < 249)
         nSubsidy = 0 * COIN;   //No  Coins awarded for the first 250 blocks (fair launch)

else if(nHeight > 250)
         nSubsidy = 49 * COIN;   //Standard 49 Coin Reward  

if(nHeight > 14726880) // no block reward after 7 years
                  nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

250 will be 0, but superblock will never happen it's ovewriten after to 0 or 49.   lol

Anyway not sure the random stuff could not be trick to say i'm the winner, not look at the random used is (can work if a dumb seeds pseudorandom formula that everyone has the same, but this is not random anymore):

int rand = generateMTRandom(seed, 100000);    by int rand=50002

better if use last byte of hash = 0  , 1/256 for sure
mercSuey

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:06:16 AM

I take it this guy's pseudo-Robin Hood, self-interest, self-employment coin flopped?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:08:07 AM

nyway not sure the random stuff could not be trick to say i'm the winner, not look at the random used is (can work if a dumb seeds pseudorandom formula that everyone has the same, but this is not random anymore):

int rand = generateMTRandom(seed, 100000);    by int rand=50002

The seed is the prior block hash.  So winning blocks will be known in advance (once the prior block is solved).  Despite OP grand claims this is not new.  I believe LuckyCoin was the first one to use "superblocks" and it launched 6? months ago.  The idea didn't have much merit even then.  Solo mining is already "gambling" and has high variance nobody really needs even higher variance due to random awards.  As any coins gets more mature and mining more difficult most miners move to pools.  A major pool is going to pick up so many blocks it will all average out in the long run (like buying $10,000 worth of lottery tickets a day, every day, luck doesn't really matter pretty quickly your cashflow is going to aproach [EV] * [amount wagered]) and a small miner will get a small cut and a large miner a large cut.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 05:10:35 AM

Yeah but rolling the dice then ignoring the result, instead over-writing the special reward with the normal by block height reward is a new twist, the lucky block that will never happen, cute. I guess he didn't get that second programmer to look at the code eh, or it was as skillful a programmer as he is economist.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
AgentME

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:15:35 AM

Yeah I noticed that (see "on edit") after posting.  However it looks like no block will get the lottery due to the order of the if statements.
Holy shit, you're right.

LOL! This is hilarious. How much did this guy pay a "programmer" to make this coin?
If it's any more than $5, then I think I see where the real easy profits are!
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 05:20:34 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 05:40:20 AM by markm

Before someone asks, changing/fixing it now would result in a hard fork between the updated and original nodes.  It also makes the owner's premine more like 3% (2.2 mil / (14726880 blocks * 49 ea + 2.2 mil).

Oh the programmer was just following orders maybe... "sneak in my 3% but make it look like a bug, okay?" ... "okay boss, that'll be another five hundred millirupees, please" ... "no problem, and look, I am feeling generous so I'll thrown in five hundred millidevcoins as a tip, just keep it on the Q.T., okay?"

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:37:25 AM

If the dev does not assume ownership of the premine, i have been elected as overseer to take over the coin and continue development. already cloned the source and am working on changes. contrary to popular belief, you can change block rewards without forking the chain. trust me, i've done it before.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:38:11 AM

Lol, I wouldn't exactly blame the programmers.  They did the entire thing on a rush.  Lets not forget less then 48 hours ago, launching a coin to cash in on a pile of people coming and jumping on any alt coin they could find was just a concept.  Somehow that went to worrying the programmers stold his idea less then 24 hours ago, to today, him rushing out the coin before his second programmer even had a chance to proof read it.   Lol, looks like it has been proof-read now.

Also anyone else notice quite a few PoW/PoS coins released yesterday with Superblocks?   Lol, he said it couldn't be done with his VGB protocol messing up the PoS part of it.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
AgentME

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:50:07 AM

If the dev does not assume ownership of the premine, i have been elected as overseer to take over the coin and continue development. already cloned the source and am working on changes. contrary to popular belief, you can change block rewards without forking the chain. trust me, i've done it before.
Changing the block rewards will lead to a fork as soon as transactions that depend on the changes happen.

Also, we're allowed to elect ourselves to be in charge of the free premine money? Sweet, elect me in for part of it. I'm sure it'll be enough to buy me a new pair of oxygen molecules to breathe.
r3wt

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:59:04 AM

Changing the block rewards will lead to a fork as soon as transactions that depend on the changes happen.

Also, we're allowed to elect ourselves to be in charge of the free premine money? Sweet, elect me in for part of it. I'm sure it'll be enough to buy me a new pair of oxygen molecules to breathe.

no, lol the guy who dev'd the coin sent it to me for proofreading. then i sent it back to him and he informed me of what happened, and Vlad is bailing. he has no interest in maintaining this coin, and i agreed to take over it if necessary. we've decided to give Vlad 24 hours to reconsider, at which time 1/2 the premine, the portion alloted for giveaways as Vlad described will be divided amongst a group of individuals selected. we will be running giveaways on btctalk, cryptocointalk and altcointalk, as well as the cryptsy chatbox, so a total of 4 individuals will probably be selected. other than that i'll be looking into the source this week and i'll determine what to do with it, whether that be making necessary changes(possibly a hardfork at a blockheight of 12,000 to give everyone enough time to get the new client) then, bounties will be set, and i'll probably elect people to handle portions of the remaining premine to keep it decentralized. if you really want to help, i'll be glad to have you on board. when i do coins, i like to form comittees to keep everyone in check. just let me know.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:12:08 AM

Cool, some of my faith in this coin is restored.  Now for the love of god.  After the programming is changed up, can we get a better coin pic.  I named the coin after gold nuggets.  Only to see a joke coin pic???  with Chicken McNuggets on it being used.  Lol, just glad things are being cleaned up. 

I wish Vlad the best.  But hope he takes the time to spend some time thinking about all the things he did wrong this time around before he launches his next coin.  And when he does it next time, I hope he does it under the influence of alcohol.  He was way to stressed out, fighting a battle we told him he would be against and that he would never win.  (IE getting everyone's praise on here for premine's)  A 2% pool and a Developers Donation Fund, and he could have gotten a lot more Nuggets with no headaches (well aside from the rushing out with a coding error)

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
ohiwastedmylif

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:13:20 AM

Cool, some of my faith in this coin is restored.  Now for the love of god.  After the programming is changed up, can we get a better coin pic.  I named the coin after gold nuggets.  Only to see a joke coin pic???  with Chicken McNuggets on it being used.  Lol, just glad things are being cleaned up. 

I wish Vlad the best.  But hope he takes the time to spend some time thinking about all the things he did wrong this time around before he launches his next coin.  And when he does it next time, I hope he does it under the influence of alcohol.  He was way to stressed out, fighting a battle we told him he would be against and that he would never win.  (IE getting everyone's praise on here for premine's)  A 2% pool and a Developers Donation Fund, and he could have gotten a lot more Nuggets with no headaches (well aside from the rushing out with a coding error)

With new management on-board, I would gladly make a new real coin logo.

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:13:56 AM

no, lol the guy who dev'd the coin sent it to me for proofreading. then i sent it back to him and he informed me of what happened, and Vlad is bailing. he has no interest in maintaining this coin, and i agreed to take over it if necessary. we've decided to give Vlad 24 hours to reconsider, at which time 1/2 the premine, the portion alloted for giveaways as Vlad described will be divided amongst a group of individuals selected. we will be running giveaways on btctalk, cryptocointalk and altcointalk, as well as the cryptsy chatbox, so a total of 4 individuals will probably be selected. other than that i'll be looking into the source this week and i'll determine what to do with it, whether that be making necessary changes(possibly a hardfork at a blockheight of 12,000 to give everyone enough time to get the new client) then, bounties will be set, and i'll probably elect people to handle portions of the remaining premine to keep it decentralized. if you really want to help, i'll be glad to have you on board. when i do coins, i like to form comittees to keep everyone in check. just let me know.

Thank goodness because what we really reallly need is for another botched scamcoin with no purpose to be saved.  Thank you for your hard work.
AgentME

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:18:57 AM

What is there to save in this? It's hilarious that a clonecoin was broken, but does it even warrant fixing? How many clonecoins are needed?
gica_contra

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:22:42 AM

To all wanna-be programmers, the condition that is most likely to be true goes first. Also nest those damn "if"s for god's sake. That's just sloppy coding. Embarrassed
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 06:23:34 AM

Told you guys he would have a bitch fit and abandon it. I guessed a week, but I guess he made it about 42 minutes lol what a piece of shit

r3wt

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:28:52 AM

What is there to save in this? It's hilarious that a clonecoin was broken, but does it even warrant fixing? How many clonecoins are needed?

eh, i can fix this. its a cool name, i'll fix it'll be fine. since posting in this thread and announcing i was taking over the coin, hash rate has risin from 300 k/h to 9 M/H. nuff said. besides, it has a very stable diff retarget which is necessary in this day and age of instamining and coinhopping. it'll be fine.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: