Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:08:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Miner's Official Coin LAUNCH - NUGGETS (NUGS) --  (Read 121466 times)
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 02:07:33 PM

I like how he gave 500,000 of the Miner's Coins away to random people... not the miners who he supposedly made paid someone $20 to make the coin for...
Interesting fact indeed

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 02:54:53 PM

Again, wrong. Any attacker who controls the majority of the network hashrate can dictate their protocol changes, effectively causing a hard fork. Without touching any existing programs at all. Please everybody at least get a basic understanding of the system before you engange in conspiracy theories from either stand Grin

False.  100% false.  Say today 51% of miners decided they wanted to have 10,000 BTC block reward.  That would produce a hard fork there would in fact be two "Bitcoins".  Miners can fork the network HOWEVER the existing fork will still exist.

So given a choice between
a) a new imcompatible fork where miners get 10,000 new BTC per block
and
b) the current Bitcoin protocol

which would you choose.  Note that choosing a would require you to download a new incompatible client.  The default choice would be "b".  Users that did nothing would simply see these new blocks as invalid and reject them.

Please understand the protocol before "correcting" others.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 02:58:53 PM

I wouldn't say lazy devs.  I can't fault the programmer at all.  He was paid about $20 to throw something together in about an hour or so.  Then when it was supposed to be read over, Vlad got antsy, because he wanted his coin now, and he launched it.  Even with a team of programming devs, you can't reasonably create a coin with any innovation in a few hours.  The entire thing went from concept to launch in around 48 hours.  And 40 hours of that were due to him having a hard time contacting a programmer to make it for him.

If Vlad would have given the project even a month, possibly some innovation might have come out, at the very least the code would have been proofread.  But then again, his ideas are based on what he semi knows about 2 coins.  So I have a feeling any of his other ground breaking ideas have probably already been implemented as well.  The funniest thing is he wanted to do this without a programmer.  Now he wants to pay someone another $20 to create a pool for his coin, with the statement he gets 50% of all the pool funds.  LOL.  He thinks we are against him wanting to become rich, but it's funny how he steps all over those that help him, in order to make sure the money is flowing in only his direction.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:07:51 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 03:43:17 PM by DeathAndTaxes

I wouldn't say lazy devs.  I can't fault the programmer at all.  He was paid about $20 to throw something together in about an hour or so.  Then when it was supposed to be read over, Vlad got antsy, because he wanted his coin now, and he launched it.  Even with a team of programming devs, you can't reasonably create a coin with any innovation in a few hours.  The entire thing went from concept to launch in around 48 hours.  And 40 hours of that were due to him having a hard time contacting a programmer to make it for him.

This.  To Vlad, $20 and a rushed couple of hours developing a cloneCoin with no testing is a "long term investment".  I just have to say this thread is pure comedy gold.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 03:21:26 PM

I wouldn't say lazy devs.  I can't fault the programmer at all.  He was paid about $20 to throw something together in about an hour or so.  Then when it was supposed to be read over, Vlad got antsy, because he wanted his coin now, and he launched it.  Even with a team of programming devs, you can't reasonably create a coin with any innovation in a few hours.  The entire thing went from concept to launch in around 48 hours.  And 40 hours of that were due to him having a hard time contacting a programmer to make it for him.

This.  to Vlad $20 and a rushed couple hour long cloneCoin development with no testing is a long term investment.  I just have to say this thread is pure comedy gold.

We need a new word to describe Vlad. I would keep calling him stupid, but that's an insult to all the stupid people of the world

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:23:41 PM

This.  to Vlad $20 and a rushed couple hour long cloneCoin development with no testing is a long term investment.  I just have to say this thread is pure comedy gold.

I'm starting to worry a bit about the guy. He is in his 40s, jobless, he has kids and a wife, they are having a tough t¡me, and if you have read his kilometric posts he has thrown away thousands of k's he couldn't afford to lose in BFL miners (among other things) he will probably never receive, or that will generate nothing when they arrive... And he is thinking about selling his truck to gamble his last $5k in something that he hopes will make him rich quick (sorry, not quick, "long term", meaning 2-3 years).

Seriously Vlad, you are not missing any train, you do not need to rush to do anything (just to go and look for a JOB and stop gambling with crypto), if you weren't so antsy you would have made some due dilingence on BFL and you would have known that you were throwing money to the trashbin... And this is just an example, the laughable failure of "Nuggets" is another example...

Yes, this is "comedy gold", but some kind of "dark comedy" with very black humor...

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 03:25:02 PM

This.  to Vlad $20 and a rushed couple hour long cloneCoin development with no testing is a long term investment.  I just have to say this thread is pure comedy gold.

I'm starting to worry a bit about the guy. He is in his 40s, jobless, he has kids and a wife, they are having a tough t¡me, and if you have read his kilometric posts he has thrown away thousands of k's he couldn't afford to lose in BFL miners (among other things) he will probably never receive, or that will generate nothing when they arrive... And he is thinking about selling his truck to gamble his last $5k in something that he hopes will make him rich quick (sorry, not quick, "long term", meaning 2-3 years).

Seriously Vlad, you are not missing any train, you do not need to rush to do anything (just to go and look for a JOB and stop gambling with crypto), if you weren't so antsy you would have made some due dilingence on BFL and you would have known that you were throwing money to the trashbin... And this is just an example, the laughable failure of "Nuggets" is another example...

Yes, this is "comedy gold", but some kind of "dark comedy" with very black humor...

Don't feel sorry for someone who made bad choices. We all have choices to make. He's praying and a huge bible thumper, god will take care of him, we don't need to

Zas

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:34:07 PM

If Vlad would have given the project even a month, possibly some innovation might have come out, at the very least the code would have been proofread.  But then again, his ideas are based on what he semi knows about 2 coins.  So I have a feeling any of his other ground breaking ideas have probably already been implemented as well.  The funniest thing is he wanted to do this without a programmer.  Now he wants to pay someone another $20 to create a pool for his coin, with the statement he gets 50% of all the pool funds.  LOL.  He thinks we are against him wanting to become rich, but it's funny how he steps all over those that help him, in order to make sure the money is flowing in only his direction.

I completely agree with this. Although it's kind of sad that developers need to be 'paid'...anyone launched a not-for-profit coin yet?
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:56:22 PM

What I can't figure out.  Is how he managed to spend $1400 on buying a bunch of domain names, every time a name came up in his "give my coin a catchy name" thread.  Did he figure everyone was going to rush out and steal his names??

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 04:10:14 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 04:25:29 PM by Vlad2Vlad

Alright, get this:  I followed the protocol that you "pros" created.  Pay a dev and launch it.  Nobody ever said proof read it and I actually tried but couldn't find anyone and when a dev said, I'm running it and it looks good, that's a test run so why would I doubt him?

For crying outloud, its 98% copy and paste, I wanted a few few features but it was "too ambitious, so I settled for the golden blocks. I thought in was dealing with a pro, why would I proof read it?

So here's my question, who here is a rea full blown programmer?  All jokes aside, I've rather enjoyed, in a weird self punishing fashion all the laughs at my expense, but i thought you were all programmers, call me naivé or stupidé.

So can I have a few honest guys please stand up and say, ok, I can program anything and this is my fee? I don't mind paying more if what I get is real programming and not a hack job that is then my fault cause the programmer tested it and stupid me, an economist that can't code 2 lines didn't proof read it.

I wanna see how many can seriously program.  I think MarKM is a real deal, I think maybe twoBits is the real deal but I'm not sure and there's gonna be a few more.  If I get a set of real features together and they're new, then you guys make anything happen?  Can this coin be salvaged if I add a few features to it that originally were "too ambitious"?  

I'm asking a serious question - this is part what thisnforumnis about so let's get some honest answers.  I got fooled once I don't want to make the same mistake again.    If none exist then my only option is to go to the student lab where I went to school and talk to some grad students but who knows if they'll just steal my ideas.  Hard to say.

Let's stop the laughter for 5 minutes and get an honest head count please of the real, the very real deals.  Doesn't anyone have a bachelor's of science in programming here?  Not that it's necessary but it would mean you can program just about anything.   Thanks in advance.

And maybe real proven programmers can have a special star put next to their names so newbies know who's who when looking for a proven programmer, it would save people and the community a lot of trouble and in necessary laughter.

Well, let's have it, all real REAL PROGRAMMERS OUT OF THE CLOSET PLEASE!  TIA

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 04:13:02 PM

Aright, get this:  I followed the protocol that you "pros" created.  Pay a dev and launch it.  Nobody ever said proof read it and I actually tried but couldn't find anyone and when a dev said, I'm running it and it looks good, that's a test run so why would I doubt him?

For crying outloud, its 98% copy and paste, I wanted a few few features but it was "too ambitious, so I settled for the golden blocks. No thought in was dealing with a pro, why would I proof read it?

So here's my question, who here is a rea full blown programmer?  All jokes aside, I've farther enjoyed, in a win peering fashion all the laughs at my expense, but i thought you were all programmers, cll me naivé or stupidé.

So can I have a few honest guys please stand up and say, ok, I can program anything and this is my fee? I don't mind paying more if what I get is real programming and not a hack job that is then my fault cause the programmer tested it and stupid me, an economist that can't code 2 lines didn't proof read it.

I wanna see how many can seriously program.  I think MarKM is a real deal, I think maybe twoBits is the real deal but I'm not sure and there's gonna be a few more.  If I get a set of fear rides together and they're new, vs you guys make anything happen?  Can this coin be salvaged if I add a few features to it that originally were "too ambitious"?  

I'm asking a serious question - this is part what thisnforumnis about so let's get some honest answers.  I got fold once I don't want to make the same mistake again.    If none exist then my only option is to go to the student lab where I went to school and talk to some grad students but who knows if they'll just steal my ides.  Hard to say.

Let's stop the laughter for 5 minutes and get an honest head count please of the real, the real deals.  Doesn't anyone have a bachelor's of science in programming here?  Not that it's necessary but it would mean you can program just about anything.   Thanks in advance.

And maybe real proven programmers can have a special start put next to their names so newbies know who's who when looking for a proven programmer, it would save people and the community a lot of trouble and in necessary laughter.

Well, let's have it, all real REAL PROGRAMMERS OUT OF THE COSET PLEASE!  TIA

You really need to just make a new account and start over here, dude. You're like a...I don't know, actually.  I don't even have anything to compare you to at this point...

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 04:22:07 PM

You really need to just make a new account and start over here, dude. You're like a...I don't know, actually.  I don't even have anything to compare you to at this point...

That's your advice?  Very cowardly, senseless advice.  A lot of newer guys looking to make a coin and maybe have some great features can have the same thing happen - this is a learning experience and its on my skin so I don't mind.  I'm not you. I don't run and cower away when I screw up.  I do what I can to fix it and if it can't be fixed then I start over but to start over I need to know who's who Cause I was obviously naivé to think everyone was a real programmer.

When I heard "your coin is too ambitious" I shouldn't have gone any further but when asking around that was the best I could find.  Maybe there are no real programmers here just self learned guys who can change a few lines of code.  That's not possible in my mind but then again I'm pretty gullible.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:25:03 PM

Aright, get this:  I followed the protocol that you "pros" created.  Pay a dev and launch it.  Nobody ever said proof read it and I actually tried but couldn't find anyone and when a dev said, I'm running it and it looks good, that's a test run so why would I doubt him?

For crying outloud, its 98% copy and paste, I wanted a few few features but it was "too ambitious, so I settled for the golden blocks. I thought in was dealing with a pro, why would I proof read it?

So here's my question, who here is a rea full blown programmer?  All jokes aside, I've rather enjoyed, in a weird self punishing fashion all the laughs at my expense, but i thought you were all programmers, call me naivé or stupidé.

I wanna see how many can seriously program.  I think MarKM is a real deal, I think maybe twoBits is the real deal but I'm not sure and there's gonna be a few more.  If I get a set of real features together and they're new, then you guys make anything happen?  Can this coin be salvaged if I add a few features to it that originally were "too ambitious"?  

I'm asking a serious question - this is part what thisnforumnis about so let's get some honest answers.  I got fooled once I don't want to make the same mistake again.    If none exist then my only option is to go to the student lab where I went to school and talk to some grad students but who knows if they'll just steal my ideas.  Hard to say.

Let's stop the laughter for 5 minutes and get an honest head count please of the real, the very real deals.  Doesn't anyone have a bachelor's of science in programming here?  Not that it's necessary but it would mean you can program just about anything.   Thanks in advance.

And maybe real proven programmers can have a special star put next to their names so newbies know who's who when looking for a proven programmer, it would save people and the community a lot of trouble and in necessary laughter.

Man, please - stop being ridiculous. If you are serious just go to github and see what kind of contributions are doing the different programmers to the different coins, then get in touch with them seriously if you have a really good idea - but be careful, because you are making a fool of yourself, they will probably laugh at your "unique features" proposals, because so far your "unique features" are beyond lame (like the "Vlad Golden Blocks", the "SantaCoin", the "CatholicCoin", the "SoccerCoin"... - come on man!!)

A place for you to start to see "who is who", without the need of stupid stars on forums: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commits/master

And BTW: I'm no programmer AT ALL, and its not so difficult to understand the basics of how crypto works, and how to make a Scrypt clone... It just takes a little bit of reading, the code is not so difficult to understand even if you are a profane - just stop writing nonsense AND READ. Can you make that exercise? Stop posting for a week, slap your hand when you have the temptation of writing a post, AND JUST READ AND LEARN.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 04:27:33 PM

I completely agree with this. Although it's kind of sad that developers need to be 'paid'...anyone launched a not-for-profit coin yet?

If you have a talent or skill you should be paid for it and if tis a really good talent you hold be paid well.  I would have paid more if the coin would have included all my "too ambitious" features.  And i would have gladly done it.

Zas

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:30:50 PM

A good 99% of the developers here might know their way around the bitcoin software...but frankly that's just about it. If you want a developer you're going to have to stump up something like $8000 for a few months of work. If you're going to pay $20... that's like handing $100 over to a car salesman and saying, "Get me the best car you can give me for that"...it's not his fault that you're going home in a rust bucket.

First and foremost you should always set out your aims and objectives. You need to know exactly what it is you are aiming for and then you need set objectives of how to get there. If you have an idea about what protocol you want to implement or how it works it is not their job to say, "It's too ambitious". It's your job to say, "Well I'll take my money elsewhere, thanks for the tip." Patience is a virtue. The point here about proof reading, is not that you've proof read, but does it do what you wanted it to do? If not, your programmer has wasted their time and your time. It's not his fault that you paid up front in full, it's your fault.

This coin can't be salvaged in the state that it's in. Why? Because it doesn't meet any of the aims that the coin was supposed to meet. It's not really fair to all miners, just the miners who happen to be either very lucky or very early, that's it.

If you have a vision for this coin, you will accept nothing less than the best, but of course, that will have to be either paid for, or you're going to have to get to grips with the programming and testing so that it does exactly what you want it to do.
Kyune

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:31:25 PM

I have been away from the academy for a while, but it is my sincere hope that all self-respecting economics departments have by now incorporated some basic computer science instruction into the curriculum, particular when delving into econometrics and other quantitative topics.

BTC:  1K4VpdQXQhgmTmq68rbWhybvoRcyNHKyVP
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 04:44:16 PM

I have been away from the academy for a while, but it is my sincere hope that all self-respecting economics departments have by now incorporated some basic computer science instruction into the curriculum, particular when delving into econometrics and other quantitative topics.

The was intro to computers where they teach you this is a keyboard and this is a mouse.  What a waste of menu so I skipped that even though it was an easy A.

I said eff this and jumped way ahead and took a computer science programming class level 160 I believe but it was for computer science majors. It was a C++ class but what do you recall many years later.  And I got a B+ which is ok, aced all the tests but lost 10 points in every assignment cause they were always late cause I didn't buy any of the 3 required books.  I didn't buy textbooks since my freshman year so sometimes that caused problems.  These 10 lost points on some 5 major assignments dropped me to a B+.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 04:58:03 PM

I'm not outing anyone since this guy did his best and he refused to take more money when i offered cause I felt  it was a more complex coin, so that says a lot about his integrity but to show you that I tried my best to make a better, decent coin and I simply couldn't find anyone.   Here was his response and there was another one where he was testing it for a couple hours and said it was running great so why would I then test it again when I don't know jack about programming and no other programmer was answering my PM's while all of a sudden a bunch of douche copy cats started dumping super block coins on the market after reading my threads for the past week, so I was In an urgent mood.

Also note, I was clear from the beginning I wanted no premine but he wasn't able to do a gradual slow payout which my polls showed people were ok with.
--------------------------------------------------------

Next, I haven't even ever considered how to make a coin (ala DVC) that keeps back a bit for a single (or public) wallet. I believe there was a scrypt coin that was going to do exactly this, but I don't recall if it ever worked or got off the ground. Using the PoW coins Its MUCH easier to do this via premine or set blocks worth xx% of coins right up front, but I hear you with the whole "no premining" thing.

Last, I don't want any rewards, as I've already done the rounds on multiple coin releases and I am not interested in being a part of another one (no offense to you or your coin at all, its just not my thing, I'm somewhat anti-social like that) Also, I don't want to promise anything more than I can deliver. I'm sure you understand, this is a hobby for me and while I am certainly not a novice, I don't profess to be a c++ master.

Your ideas are very ambitious and will certainly make for a great coin should they come to fruition. Alas, they are out of the scope of my creation services and price point for the time being as you've specified. I'm certain someone out there can get what you want done, but note that *most of the other "devs" are simply readers of my alt-coin guide who can compile and google. Be careful sending any $ to them unless they can deliver some kind of reassurance that your NEW ideas can be done.

REALLY FINALLY: The specs you sent me in your first message are fully do-able. The superblock idea and holdback ideas are also do-able if you use a premine strategy. The whole thing together however is out of the scope/price range of my ability. If you want to do something like I've mentioned, let me know, otherwise I wish you the best finding another developer!!

--------------------------------------------

Again, no names there, i don't want to embarrass anyone, I never once mentioned this programmers name and you'll never guess it cause i bounced Around to a number of guys before i finally chose one.  just to show you how hard it was to find a programmer to do the features I wanted.  I tried my best.  It was just IMPOSSIBLE.  Real programmers should have a programmer STAR by their names so guys in the future who may have a great coin in mind can easily find qualified programmers.

Remember this is one of the best guys on here.  Everyone I talked to said basically:  he can do things I can't do, he's your guy, if anyone can do it he can so that's why I went with him.  I take half the blame but you people need a system on place to show the level of ability reach programmer has.    This guy is good but what I needed for my features was a real full blown programmer.0, and frankly I have no idea where to find such a man.  

PerfectAgent

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:01:30 PM

Umm... Superblock coins are old news...

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
Zas

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:04:26 PM

Which brings me back to my point. If you want a decent programmer... you're going to have to go and find a software company and hire one. >.>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: