Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:57:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs shipping 300 units a day  (Read 28986 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 07:03:50 PM

Lets say BFL can ship 300 units per day. For the sake of argument, lets say those units are little singles.
300 x 30GH/s = 9000 GH/s per day shipped.
That means in the last 10 working days, BFL claims to have shipped 90 TH/s.
I see Avalon's batch 2 arriving and the ASICMiner increase in hash rate. I don't see the extra 90TH/s BFL claims to have shipped.

Fuck that! What about 300 units a day for the past month and they are all Jellys?

300 X 30 = 9,000 X 4.5 = 40,500

That equates to 405 TH/s shipped.

And we know Goddamn well that they ordered units themselves to be hosted at the Josh's and Joe's data centers under the guise of foreign miners not wanting to pay the shipping fees or the hassle, both of which is a mute issue since these people don't really exist.

Fuck, they probably placed names in the queue for those mega-miners for the purpose of not only mining with them, but to sell them on the open market, i.e. eBay.

Math. 

This is why I love Bitcoin.  The provability of the blockchain.  If BFL shipped 90TH/s or 400TH/s we would see it in difficulty.  Actually if anyone was mining with that gear (BFL or owner) we would see it in the difficulty.

So the bad news is that even if BFL is self-mining they are doing so with such a small amount of hashing power as to not be meaningful in context of the amount of orders they have promised.

The numbers posted above are wrong, the actual value is not 405 Th/s but 40.5 Th/s. Has the network increased by 40.5 TH/s since BFL started shipped? Definitely.

If 9000 GH/s = 90 TH/s, how does 40,500 GH/s = 40.5 TH/s? I did the same math, removing two 0's.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:28:46 PM

Lets say BFL can ship 300 units per day. For the sake of argument, lets say those units are little singles.
300 x 30GH/s = 9000 GH/s per day shipped.
I see Avalon's batch 2 arriving and the ASICMiner increase in hash rate. I don't see the extra 90TH/s BFL claims to have shipped.

Fuck that! What about 300 units a day for the past month and they are all Jellys?

300 X 30 = 9,000 X 4.5 = 40,500

That equates to 405 TH/s shipped.

And we know Goddamn well that they ordered units themselves to be hosted at the Josh's and Joe's data centers under the guise of foreign miners not wanting to pay the shipping fees or the hassle, both of which is a mute issue since these people don't really exist.

Fuck, they probably placed names in the queue for those mega-miners for the purpose of not only mining with them, but to sell them on the open market, i.e. eBay.

Math.  

This is why I love Bitcoin.  The provability of the blockchain.  If BFL shipped 90TH/s or 400TH/s we would see it in difficulty.  Actually if anyone was mining with that gear (BFL or owner) we would see it in the difficulty.

So the bad news is that even if BFL is self-mining they are doing so with such a small amount of hashing power as to not be meaningful in context of the amount of orders they have promised.

The numbers posted above are wrong, the actual value is not 405 Th/s but 40.5 Th/s. Has the network increased by 40.5 TH/s since BFL started shipped? Definitely.

If 9000 GH/s = 90 TH/s, how does 40,500 GH/s = 40.5 TH/s? I did the same math, removing two 0's.

That value of 9,000 is the number of unit's shipped in 30 days, not a hash rate.

300 units per day * 30 days = 9,000 units.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 09:18:20 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. You are supposed to remove THREE zeros dude.  40,500 billion = 40.5 trillion.

Math. 

This is why I love Bitcoin.

Yes, math is nice.  Unfortunately most people can't do it right.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 09:26:51 PM

Your level of stupid never ceases to amaze me.  I don't even know how you maintain respiration.  It seems your autonomic nervous system would have decided to pack up and head to more lush pastures, like a desert somewhere, so that it can die quietly and finally be free of you.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
jordaninthesky

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:46:20 PM

Your level of stupid never ceases to amaze me.  I don't even know how you maintain respiration.  It seems your autonomic nervous system would have decided to pack up and head to more lush pastures, like a desert somewhere, so that it can die quietly and finally be free of you.

It seems this guy has father issues.  The father can tell him that he is stupid, but he cannot say what "it" is.  If stupid is as stupid does, this is it.

For the observers, we can tell that the math has been off by a decimal, but that's not actually stupid considering it is still applied math, and yet a common mistake.

You are desperately trying to make yourself feel better in compensation for your lack of ability to do anything but talk shit.   Logistics?  From you?  Not really.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 09:47:40 PM

If you paid me a quarter to suck you dick, would you brag about it on the internet? I autonomic nervously await your reply.

Now, what about that lawsuit. Is BFL going to sue me or not?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 09:52:29 PM

You guys also dissing Josh better watch it! Soon, all those who had BFL ads in their sigs, will be here to ream you all a new one. Especially the ones that won the contests and are waiting for their prizes. And waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

Can you imagine sucking dick and not getting paid? (those living alternative lifestyles are not included in that statement, nor am I being judgemental)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:21:55 PM

Let me revisit the math with better labels.

Say BFL can ship 300 units per day. For the sake of argument, lets say those units are little singles.
Assume that each little single can do 30GH/s.
300 singles x 30GH/s per single = 9000 GH/s per day shipped. That is 9 TH/s per day claimed to be shipped by BFL.
20 working days per month would yield 180TH/s.

Avalon's batch 2 arriving and being switched on is visible.
The ASICMiner increase in hash rate from their website is visible.
I don't see the extra 90TH/s BFL claims to have shipped in the network hash rate.
An extra 90 TH/s every 10 days should be very visible considering the overall network hash rate is ~220 TH/s.

Edit: notice how Inaba shows up in the thread but never actually defends their claim that they could ship 300 units a day.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 10:22:35 PM

Your level of stupid never ceases to amaze me.  I don't even know how you maintain respiration.  It seems your autonomic nervous system would have decided to pack up and head to more lush pastures, like a desert somewhere, so that it can die quietly and finally be free of you.

If you paid me a quarter to suck you dick, would you brag about it on the internet? I autonomic nervously await your reply.

We'll just add poor grammar, spelling and homophobia to the list of things that make you a worthless piece of shit and a pathetic human being.  Like the list wasn't already long enough.

So not only are you a confirmed liar, you're also a homophobe, excellent.  You are a real piece of work.

Now, why don't you go back to grade school and learn basic math before talking shit on the internet?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 10:25:32 PM

This thread delivers!

Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:30:05 PM

+1

BTW, you guys (BFL) sent me four (4) jalepenos when I only ordered two (2).  Thanks!

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Mabsark
Legendary

Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:48:29 PM

Let me revisit the math with better labels.

Say BFL can ship 300 units per day. For the sake of argument, lets say those units are little singles.
Assume that each little single can do 30GH/s.
300 singles x 30GH/s per single = 9000 GH/s per day shipped. That is 9 TH/s per day claimed to be shipped by BFL.
20 working days per month would yield 180TH/s.

Avalon's batch 2 arriving and being switched on is visible.
The ASICMiner increase in hash rate from their website is visible.
I don't see the extra 90TH/s BFL claims to have shipped in the network hash rate.
An extra 90 TH/s every 10 days should be very visible considering the overall network hash rate is ~220 TH/s.

Edit: notice how Inaba shows up in the thread but never actually defends their claim that they could ship 300 units a day.

BFL are not claiming they have shipped 90 Th/s in the past 10 working days. You are the one making that claim. BFL claimed they could ship 400+ units per day (400 Jalapenos + whatever else they could build). I haven't seen any claim that they are actually shipping that amount at the moment. Those numbers are not unrealistic, so if they're not hitting them (which certainly seems to be the case), that suggests that they have a problem with supply of components or are too stingy to hire the necessary labour force.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:52:51 PM

BFL are not claiming they have shipped 90 Th/s in the past 10 working days. You are the one making that claim. BFL claimed they could ship 400+ units per day (400 Jalapenos + whatever else they could build). I haven't seen any claim that they are actually shipping that amount at the moment. Those numbers are not unrealistic, so if they're not hitting them (which certainly seems to be the case), that suggests that they have a problem with supply of components or are too stingy to hire the necessary labour force.

So, did you actually read the article linked in the OP?  Is the author lying?

“We’re shipping about 300 units a day, but we’d like to be doing more”, Butterfly Labs Chief Operating Officer Josh Zerlan tells me.

http://www.coindesk.com/inside-butterfly-labs-the-challenges-of-producing-bitcoin-mining-hardware/
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:01:42 PM

We'll just add poor grammar, spelling and homophobia to the list of things that make you a worthless piece of shit and a pathetic human being.  Like the list wasn't already long enough.

So not only are you a confirmed liar, you're also a homophobe, excellent.  You are a real piece of work.

Now, why don't you go back to grade school and learn basic math before talking shit on the internet?

Best. Company. Ever.

I've got a paypal order that is less than 45 days old and can be disputed successfully on a whim for various paypal guidelines. right now it looks like that will be the case... what a special type of idiot Inaba/BFL_josh is to make his company look like a pile of incompetent fools who are in past their heads

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 11:29:11 PM

For the observers, we can tell that the math has been off by a decimal, but that's not actually stupid considering it is still applied math, and yet a common mistake.

You don't have to be a BFL fan to be shocked and amazed that someone doesn't know how many billions make a trillion, and then ask how his math is wrong when he "removed two zeros".

erk

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:36:27 PM

You don't have to be a BFL fan to be shocked and amazed that someone doesn't know how many billions make a trillion, and then ask how his math is wrong when he "removed two zeros".
The math isn't the issue, it's the persistent trolling from the person that attracts critical responses from others. If he didn't troll, the math would be corrected and glossed over, the thread would move on.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:43:08 PM

BFL are not claiming they have shipped 90 Th/s in the past 10 working days. You are the one making that claim.

So, did you actually read the article linked in the OP?  Is the author lying?

“We’re shipping about 300 units a day, but we’d like to be doing more”, Butterfly Labs Chief Operating Officer Josh Zerlan tells me.

http://www.coindesk.com/inside-butterfly-labs-the-challenges-of-producing-bitcoin-mining-hardware/

That author visited BFL during the time when BFL "stopped the Jalapeno line to let the Singles and Mini-rigs catch up".
So yeah, BFL is claiming to have shipped 90TH/s by virtue of claiming to be shipping 300 little singles (or better) a day.

Let me provide the entire quote from the article from the OP:
"The Butterfly Labs HQ is bustling with employees, over 35 of them I’m told. Customer service, assembly and logistics are all run from the facility.
We’re shipping about 300 units a day, but we’d like to be doing more”, Butterfly Labs Chief Operating Officer Josh Zerlan tells me. We’re standing in the back of their facility in a suburb south of Kansas City. This is the warehouse portion of their headquarters, and it is chock full of boxes from floor to ceiling. A forklift is parked off to the side."

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:44:49 PM

The math isn't the issue, it's the persistent trolling from the person that attracts critical responses from others. If he didn't troll, the math would be corrected and glossed over, the thread would move on.

BFL never corrects the math. That is the point. Inaba only shows up, throws some LiarDouche Powder (TM) on the thread, says "Two more weeks" and then rides off without having shed any light at all on BFL's failure to meet their obligations to their investors.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:03:09 AM

Your level of stupid never ceases to amaze me.  I don't even know how you maintain respiration.  It seems your autonomic nervous system would have decided to pack up and head to more lush pastures, like a desert somewhere, so that it can die quietly and finally be free of you.

How is the shipping going?

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:59:41 AM

How is the shipping going?

Hows chapter 11 going ...lolz 

Sorry I may be jumping the gun by a few weeks

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: