Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:40:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs shipping 300 units a day  (Read 28986 times)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 01:21:48 AM

BFL is shipping 300 units a day  Huh

Whoda thunk it  Huh

I'm impressed  Cheesy

Hell,BFL will have ALL preorders filled by....Sept  Shocked

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 01:27:17 AM

(Meanwhile... difficulty reached 31,256,961)
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 01:46:58 AM

BFL are not claiming they have shipped 90 Th/s in the past 10 working days. You are the one making that claim.

BFL are not claiming they have shipped 90 Th/s in the past 10 working days. You are the one making that claim. BFL claimed they could ship 400+ units per day (400 Jalapenos + whatever else they could build). I haven't seen any claim that they are actually shipping that amount at the moment. Those numbers are not unrealistic, so if they're not hitting them (which certainly seems to be the case), that suggests that they have a problem with supply of components or are too stingy to hire the necessary labour force.

So, did you actually read the article linked in the OP?  Is the author lying?

“We’re shipping about 300 units a day, but we’d like to be doing more”, Butterfly Labs Chief Operating Officer Josh Zerlan tells me.

http://www.coindesk.com/inside-butterfly-labs-the-challenges-of-producing-bitcoin-mining-hardware/

That author visited BFL during the time when BFL "stopped the Jalapeno line to let the Singles and Mini-rigs catch up".
So yeah, BFL is claiming to have shipped 90TH/s by virtue of claiming to be shipping 300 little singles (or better) a day.

Let me provide the entire quote from the article from the OP:
"The Butterfly Labs HQ is bustling with employees, over 35 of them I’m told. Customer service, assembly and logistics are all run from the facility.
We’re shipping about 300 units a day, but we’d like to be doing more”, Butterfly Labs Chief Operating Officer Josh Zerlan tells me. We’re standing in the back of their facility in a suburb south of Kansas City. This is the warehouse portion of their headquarters, and it is chock full of boxes from floor to ceiling. A forklift is parked off to the side."

Like I said, and as you have just shown, BFL never claimed to have shipped 90 TH/s in 10 days.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:44:08 AM

BFL are not claiming they have shipped 90 Th/s in the past 10 working days. You are the one making that claim.

BFL are not claiming they have shipped 90 Th/s in the past 10 working days. You are the one making that claim. BFL claimed they could ship 400+ units per day (400 Jalapenos + whatever else they could build). I haven't seen any claim that they are actually shipping that amount at the moment. Those numbers are not unrealistic, so if they're not hitting them (which certainly seems to be the case), that suggests that they have a problem with supply of components or are too stingy to hire the necessary labour force.

“We’re shipping about 300 units a day, but we’d like to be doing more”, Butterfly Labs Chief Operating Officer Josh Zerlan tells me.

http://www.coindesk.com/inside-butterfly-labs-the-challenges-of-producing-bitcoin-mining-hardware/

That author visited BFL during the time when BFL "stopped the Jalapeno line to let the Singles and Mini-rigs catch up".
So yeah, BFL is claiming to have shipped 90TH/s by virtue of claiming to be shipping 300 little singles (or better) a day.

"The Butterfly Labs HQ is bustling with employees, over 35 of them I’m told. Customer service, assembly and logistics are all run from the facility.
We’re shipping about 300 units a day, but we’d like to be doing more”, Butterfly Labs Chief Operating Officer Josh Zerlan tells me. We’re standing in the back of their facility in a suburb south of Kansas City. This is the warehouse portion of their headquarters, and it is chock full of boxes from floor to ceiling. A forklift is parked off to the side."

Like I said, and as you have just shown, BFL never claimed to have shipped 90 TH/s in 10 days.

Actually, it shows the opposite of what you are claiming.
If they were shipping 300 units a day, after 10 days they would have shipped 90TH/s.  I am not saying BFL shipped 90TH/s in 10 days. I am saying they did not, because that 90TH/s is not visible in the network hashrate. Thus, BFL have not been shipping 300 units a day while they stopped their Jalapeno production to focus on Singles and Mini-rig orders. No Jalapeno's produced + claim of 300 units per day shipping = false claim by BFL. The two claims together are incompatible.

We are not talking about BFL claiming 400+ or any other claims you have raised. We are talking about Josh's claim of 300 a day, in the article, in the present tense, in the OP of this thread.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
jordaninthesky

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:43:03 AM

If 9000 GH/s = 90 TH/s, how does 40,500 GH/s = 40.5 TH/s? I did the same math, removing two 0's.

Your level of stupid never ceases to amaze me.  I don't even know how you maintain respiration.  It seems your autonomic nervous system would have decided to pack up and head to more lush pastures, like a desert somewhere, so that it can die quietly and finally be free of you.

If you paid me a quarter to suck you dick, would you brag about it on the internet? I autonomic nervously await your reply.

Now, what about that lawsuit. Is BFL going to sue me or not?

We'll just add poor grammar, spelling and homophobia to the list of things that make you a worthless piece of shit and a pathetic human being.  Like the list wasn't already long enough.

So not only are you a confirmed liar, you're also a homophobe, excellent.  You are a real piece of work.

Now, why don't you go back to grade school and learn basic math before talking shit on the internet?

I love the fact that because he doesn't want to suck your dick, he's a homophobe.  This is gold for me.  Thanks for making my participation in the stupidity experiment not entirely in vain.  You are a "True Fag", Josh. (Ask your plastic wife)

Inaba = BFL_Josh posting with hopes of not having accounts linked, yet trying to entice hype for BFL's presence before BTC.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 04:10:25 AM

If 9000 GH/s = 90 TH/s, how does 40,500 GH/s = 40.5 TH/s? I did the same math, removing two 0's.

Your level of stupid never ceases to amaze me.  I don't even know how you maintain respiration.  It seems your autonomic nervous system would have decided to pack up and head to more lush pastures, like a desert somewhere, so that it can die quietly and finally be free of you.

If you paid me a quarter to suck you dick, would you brag about it on the internet? I autonomic nervously await your reply.

Now, what about that lawsuit. Is BFL going to sue me or not?

We'll just add poor grammar, spelling and homophobia to the list of things that make you a worthless piece of shit and a pathetic human being.  Like the list wasn't already long enough.

So not only are you a confirmed liar, you're also a homophobe, excellent.  You are a real piece of work.

Now, why don't you go back to grade school and learn basic math before talking shit on the internet?

I don't think you meant to add grammar and spelling to the list that supposedly makes me a worthless piece of shit because I can provide links of your posts and sites scattered across the internet showing common errors that somebody of your intellect should not have done.

Putting grammar aside, let's do some simple math and revisit the calendar, for obviously you failed them two courses.

When is the Jalapeno getting FCC approval?

Maybe two weeks? We are waiting for the test lab to issue the test report.

With the bump in power requirements on the MR and the new screen, we had to make changes, although the new screen is already certified.  We are doing all the devices at once, since they all share the same board.

Note the date of your post. Add two weeks. Then add two more. Keep doing that until you reach the current week. Notice anything? We are still waiting for the FCC certs you promised. And your promises are as good as gold because, unlike all of us, you don't lie.

Am I beating a dead horse? YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I AM!

You, Josh, have yet to re-address the FCC issue since you have first mentioned it, in spite of even your loyal customers kindly asking for further development.

I await your reply to this post, pointing out some grammatical error on my part, for that'll be more FUCKIN' important than addressing the FCC issue.

And I'm the piece of shit! Remember, I'm not the guy currently on probation waiting for my probation period to end, all the time hanging onto to as much of the pre-order money as possible.

300 units a day my ass!
Mabsark
Legendary

Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:44:48 AM

Actually, it shows the opposite of what you are claiming.
If they were shipping 300 units a day, after 10 days they would have shipped 90TH/s.  I am not saying BFL shipped 90TH/s in 10 days. I am saying they did not, because that 90TH/s is not visible in the network hashrate. Thus, BFL have not been shipping 300 units a day while they stopped their Jalapeno production to focus on Singles and Mini-rig orders. No Jalapeno's produced + claim of 300 units per day shipping = false claim by BFL. The two claims together are incompatible.

We are not talking about BFL claiming 400+ or any other claims you have raised. We are talking about Josh's claim of 300 a day, in the article, in the present tense, in the OP of this thread.

The claim of 90 Th/s in 10 days is entirely yours based on the maths of shipping 300 Little Singles per day. BFL never claimed to be shipping 300 Little Singles per day, they claimed to be shipping "about 300 units a day" as shown in the quote you provided. Provide the quote of a BFL employee claiming to have shipped either 90 Th/s in 10 days or 300 Little Singles (as opposed to 300 units) per day. If you can't do that then stop talking out of your arse.

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:53:25 AM

Yeah, and I'm shipping 600 - 10GH miners a day. Anyone wanna pre-order with me?

I'm grumpy!!
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:59:38 AM

Complete BS, they MAY have shipped 300 one day, but they are definitely not shipping that much every day.

Yes, they saved up all-year Smiley

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:27:33 AM

Complete BS, they MAY have shipped 300 one day, but they are definitely not shipping that much every day.

Yes, they saved up all-year Smiley

What  Shocked   Huh

BFL is NOT shipping 300 units every day  Huh

I wish you guys would get the freakin story straight...............................   Roll Eyes

BFL_Josh...PLEASE tell me its true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You wouldn't lie to me would you  Huh

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 06:15:11 AM

And I'm the piece of shit! Remember, I'm not the guy currently on probation waiting for my probation period to end, all the time hanging onto to as much of the pre-order money as possible.

300 units a day my ass!

No, you're not, Bruno.  You're just a confirmed thief who embezzles fund from charities and steal wood from local properties that you resell on Cragislist.  Yeah, definitely a stand up citizen, you are.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:44:31 AM

300 units a day my ass!

No, you're not, Bruno.  You're just a confirmed thief who embezzles fund from charities and steal wood from local properties that you resell on Cragislist.  Yeah, definitely a stand up citizen, you are.

Is this what you have time for addressing the great missing wood debate !!

Are you shipping or have shipped 300 units and day ?

You have ~ 35 days left of your 90 days and all backorders will be filled ...hows that going oh wait you are going to insult somebody about grammar or missing wood or the lid left off toothpaste ...class act of somebody that is morally bankrupt...

good luck with your future employment prospects which are NONE !!!!

lolz ...loser 

OBJECT NOT FOUND
jordaninthesky

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:51:51 AM

300 units a day my ass!

No, you're not, Bruno.  You're just a confirmed thief who embezzles fund from charities and steal wood from local properties that you resell on Cragislist.  Yeah, definitely a stand up citizen, you are.

So my singles were stolen by Bruno, and resold as firewood!?

How do I know this is true and you aren't just using smoke and mirrors Josh?
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 07:02:22 AM

Here's what I don't get:  They obviously have tons of money, why don't they just hire some temp staffers to assemble and ship the units? They could even use a temp agency - with the unemployment rate being what it is, how could it be difficult to find people capable of stuffing circuit boards in boxes and running some tests?  The 500Ghash rigs might be more difficult since they are so ridiculous inside.

Oh well, more blocks for Avalon uses I guess Smiley

erk

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:05:11 AM

Here's what I don't get:  They obviously have tons of money, why don't they just hire some temp staffers to assemble and ship the units? They could even use a temp agency - with the unemployment rate being what it is, how could it be difficult to find people capable of stuffing circuit boards in boxes and running some tests?  The 500Ghash rigs might be more difficult since they are so ridiculous inside.

Oh well, more blocks for Avalon uses I guess Smiley

It sounds like more or a parts organizing issue rather then just assembly force, they are always out of PSU's for Singles.

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 07:08:12 AM

It sounds like more or a parts organizing issue rather then just assembly force, they are always out of PSU's for Singles.

I don't understand why they don't just send raw circuit boards to customers.  If I'd ordered from BFL, I'd rather get a board and figure out power and cooling myself then sit around and wait for months and months as the difficulty goes up to get my stuff.

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:09:05 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2013, 08:01:34 AM by Unacceptable

300 units a day my ass!

No, you're not, Bruno.  You're just a confirmed thief who embezzles fund from charities and steal wood from local properties that you resell on Cragislist.  Yeah, definitely a stand up citizen, you are.

Is this what you have time for addressing the great missing wood debate !!

Are you shipping or have shipped 300 units and day ?

You have ~ 35 days left of your 90 days and all backorders will be filled ...hows that going oh wait you are going to insult somebody about grammar or missing wood or the lid left off toothpaste ...class act of somebody that is morally bankrupt...

good luck with your future employment prospects which are NONE !!!!

lolz ...loser  

Wait,Josh extended the 90 days from Aug till Sept......so its a "SLIDING 90 days™"......meaning,you get to add another 30 days anytime you need to Cheesy Roll Eyes

mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:22:49 AM

You have ~ 35 days left of your 90 days and all backorders will be filled

Compare this information with the status: Still shipping single orders from June 23 2012! A liar will always keep lying.
erk

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:23:15 AM

I don't understand why they don't just send raw circuit boards to customers.  If I'd ordered from BFL, I'd rather get a board and figure out power and cooling myself then sit around and wait for months and months as the difficulty goes up to get my stuff.

If they had tested boards to spare, I am sure it could be a viable option for those that like to tinker with hardware.

mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 08:05:23 AM

Do you have enough trust in BFL, so they will not send you boards with defect chips and blame you for destroying the board/ASICs?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: