Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:06:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs shipping 300 units a day  (Read 28989 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 10:23:35 PM

I noticed some odd peculiarity with the ongoing diatribes here, and I have to say, if it weren't for all the free time waiting for my BFL box, I wouldn't have come to realize this.

• Copy the full text from any post from Phinnaeus or inaba
  • Run by SHA256

The resulting hash always includes the characters R-E-D-R-U-M in some position along the string.

Phinnaeus Gage IS inaba!

Wait one damn minute! All because I have an Honest Abe totem pole in my yard doesn't mean...

Oh, you want to see the totem pole?

Give me a sec.

BRB!

Here it is, with Honest Abe holding the first edition of Bitcoin Magazine, propped in place by a piece of barn wood I stole last night.

scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:29:00 AM

quote BFL_Jody:

"I did not hire Josh and I do not work for Josh. We are equals in he company even though he is way smarter than I am (in some things). Did you know he can speak Korean and can make BTC Miners light up like toys?"

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/255-thursday-july-25-2013-shipping-update.html

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:38:27 AM

We are no longer taking pre-orders. Since we have fully-tested products, we are taking ORDERS.

BWAHAHA. Orders for things not in stock, not built, and delivered at an unspecified date. That's what a pre-order is. Duh!

Buy & Hold
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:40:01 AM

From BFL_Jody
Little Singles: none shipped today (today I should be a coward and turn off comments, because although it's not my fault they haven't made Little Single boards, you will pummel me with your comments for it.) Little Singles are still ahead of Singles and MiniRigs, though.

Singles: It seems we have only 4 more orders left for June 23, but still no PSU's so I can't ship those orders yet. So we shipped orders from June 23 and June 24, 2012 which were able to accept units without PSU's. Thanks again for emailing your willingness to accept units without PSU's. It makes sending orders to production so much faster. I don't answer those emails--I archive them in a folder for reference as I'm sending the orders. If your order comes up and I don't see an email from you about the PSU's I will email you, so don't worry about whether I got it.

MiniRigs from June 23 shipped.

Response to Comments:

I did not hire Josh and I do not work for Josh. We are equals in he company even though he is way smarter than I am (in some things). Did you know he can speak Korean and can make BTC Miners light up like toys?

We are no longer taking pre-orders. Since we have fully-tested products, we are taking ORDERS.

I am asking about the BitSafe wallet myself. Thank God we don't have pre-orders for those.

The only product that has shipped more than 1 day's worth of orders is the Jalapeno and those still have a 10 month backlog.
BFL equipment will qualify as antiques when their investor's finally get them.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:48:03 AM

BFL_Jody
Thursday, July 25, 2013 Shipping Update
by
BFL_Jody
07-26-2013 at 10:51 AM

Jalapenos shipping through November 9 paydate

Little Singles: none shipped today (today I should be a coward and turn off comments, because although it's not my fault they haven't made Little Single boards, you will pummel me with your comments for it.) Little Singles are still ahead of Singles and MiniRigs, though.

Singles: It seems we have only 4 more orders left for June 23, but still no PSU's so I can't ship those orders yet. So we shipped orders from June 23 and June 24, 2012 which were able to accept units without PSU's. Thanks again for emailing your willingness to accept units without PSU's. It makes sending orders to production so much faster. I don't answer those emails--I archive them in a folder for reference as I'm sending the orders. If your order comes up and I don't see an email from you about the PSU's I will email you, so don't worry about whether I got it.

I don't have any singles on order yet, but if I did I would forgo the PSU for two reasons, firstly to get mining!, and secondly to get through customs easier.

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:46:10 AM

I noticed some odd peculiarity with the ongoing diatribes here, and I have to say, if it weren't for all the free time waiting for my BFL box, I wouldn't have come to realize this.

• Copy the full text from any post from Phinnaeus or inaba
  • Run by SHA256

The resulting hash always includes the characters R-E-D-R-U-M in some position along the string.

Phinnaeus Gage IS inaba!

Wait one damn minute! All because I have an Honest Abe totem pole in my yard doesn't mean...

Oh, you want to see the totem pole?

Give me a sec.

BRB!

Here it is, with Honest Abe holding the first edition of Bitcoin Magazine, propped in place by a piece of barn wood I stole last night.

Thats my frigen barn door................ you thief !!

I was saving that barn door for a rainy day... Now i am barn doorless ... Sad

I dont know how u got through all the security to steal my barn door wood pilings ...but know this I will not rest until my barn door wood is safe and @ home where it belongs

I am calling you out SIR as a BARNAPHILE  !!!

Please get help...I myself having been hanging around home steads trying to score a paling or just a nice piece of 4 by 2

Next thing you will be sleeping in sawdust and watching "AX MEN" on the discovery channel...

Listen to somebody whop has come back from the edge....BARNAPHILIA  is not a life worth living... lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:07:41 AM

BFL_Jody
by
BFL_Jody

I don't have any singles on order yet, but if I did I would forgo the PSU for two reasons, firstly to get mining!, and secondly to get through customs easier.

LMAO,I got my 30GH'er July 1st,I can't believe BFL hasn't got past the 23rd or 24th of June yet,3 freakin weeks later  Shocked

I am SOO happy to be off the preorder list,NEVER AGAIN BFL  Angry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 04:47:11 AM

BFL_Jody
by
BFL_Jody

LMAO,I got my 30GH'er July 1st,I can't believe BFL hasn't got past the 23rd or 24th of June yet,3 freakin weeks later  Shocked

I am SOO happy to be off the preorder list,NEVER AGAIN BFL  Angry

You say that now, but just wait till Q4/13 rolls around and BFL shows photoshopped flipped pics of the next gen minin' rigs on their website. You'll be singin' a different tune then while your fatass fingers rest on your keyboard readied to engage the the pre-order button hopin' to be in early queue position.

You'll be braggin' your ass off with, "Look at me! Look at me! Pre-order #1X." Then, all the naysayers will be signing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeQsZOQqO6I
erk

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 12:50:57 PM

Friday, July 26, 2013 Shipping Update
by
BFL_Jody
07-27-2013 at 01:19 PM (555 Views)

Jalapenos shipping through Nov. 14, 2012 paydate

Little Singles: None shipped (So maybe next week will be Little Singles Week)

Singles: Shipping June 23, 24, 25, 2012 without PSU's (only 2 orders on June 23 left!)

MiniRigs: None shipped today.

Singles without PSU starting to move.
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 03:22:01 PM

I feel like I got caught in the middle buying a LS! It would have been much easier if BFL just came out with 1 unit size.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 03:46:29 PM

Friday, July 26, 2013 Shipping Update
by
BFL_Jody
07-27-2013 at 01:19 PM (555 Views)

Jalapenos shipping through Nov. 14, 2012 paydate

Little Singles: None shipped (So maybe next week will be Little Singles Week)

Singles: Shipping June 23, 24, 25, 2012 without PSU's (only 2 orders on June 23 left!)

MiniRigs: None shipped today.

Singles without PSU starting to move.

Friday, July 27, 2013 Shipping Update
by
BFL_Jody
07-27-2013 at 01:19 AM (4 Views)

The warehouse just called and woke me up to say that they ran out of covers for the all the units. Since somebody on BT shown proof that the units perform better without covers, feel free to request your miners sans covers, thus allowing you to receive your money making machine more quickly.

Comments on!

Friday, July 27, 2013 Shipping Update
by
BFL_Jody
07-27-2013 at 09:17 AM (400 Views)

Due to the overwhelming response, all units will not be sent sans covers to expedite the shipping of units.

Josh has informed me that a nontransferable 10% voucher will be sent to all those receiving such units. The three-step redemption process will be pretty straightforward, with the normal expiration date of 30 days.

Now, if you excuse me, I have eggs to collect.

Comments off!

Singles without covers starting to move.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:10:38 PM

How on earth can you not realise you are running low on casing?!!

Do they not perform something as rudimentary as regular inventory stocktaking? Especially after the PSU issue.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 04:22:22 PM

Do they not perform something as rudimentary as regular inventory stocktaking? Especially after the PSU issue.

Note to self: They don't use sarcasm in the UK.  Grin
Mabsark
Legendary

Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:39:06 PM

That was obviously nonsense he was posting. Everything he posts related to BFL is utter nonsense, so why would you even consider believing anything he says?

solitude

Activity: 674

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 05:16:41 PM

You can still get refunds if you call paypal and explain the situation.

Beyond 45 days ain't no thang

Paypal may hate bitcoins, but they sure love making buyers happy  Cool

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
erk

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 05:28:41 PM

I feel like I got caught in the middle buying a LS! It would have been much easier if BFL just came out with 1 unit size.
Very true, if the had just released the 5GH/s units in volume, kept the other designs on standby for a midlife speed bump, the entire industry would be different, they would have still sold all their chips,  Avalon may have not released a thing, or it wouldn't have been 66GH/s. BFL drove up the net hash years before it needed to be, and cost themselves countless sales in the process. Well it's too late to do anything about it now, the arms race is up to 200GH/s per chip atm.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 06:04:37 PM

That was obviously nonsense he was posting. Everything he posts related to BFL is utter nonsense, so why would you even consider believing anything he says?

Not sure what planet you're from, but your statement is false, for not everything I post related to BFL is utter nonsense.

Take for instance the many times I've brought up the FCC certification issue of which Josh stated was forthcoming in about two weeks back in last November, 2013.

Would you be so kind as to state that that alone is utter nonsense?

I'll make it easy for you, thereby all you'll have to do is copy and paste for your next post: The issue that Bruno keeps bringing up pertaining to the FCC and BFL is utter nonsense.

I bolded it for you in case your eyes are bad.

The following is more utter nonsense from yours truly, a monumental-asshole-at-large:

I am really hoping this is real.  Grammar and spelling aside the jist of the post rings true for me.  The way all ASIC vendors so far have forced the community to shoulder ALL the risk basically is unbelievable for a newb like me!  Add to that the absolute trainwrek PR and customer service shown by the current players and I feel like this isn't the real world anymore but some wild west cowboy shoot out!

Hey man, I think you might have a viable lawsuit on your hands if you were forced to purchase something.  Did they use a gun or a knife or something?  Was your family being held hostage until you ordered?  If you were forced into ordering something, it's under duress and you aren't liable for any contract you signed.  You should definitely consult a lawyer, I think you have a case!

BTW - just out of curiosity, which vendor(s) forced you to order?

You sir are a real gem, one of a kind (I can only hope).

Are you often ignorant simply for the sake of being ignorant (I think yes!)

First of all LOL at lawsuits I am not even sure how you managed to get there from my post but ah OK cool!

Perhaps in its literal definition forced was not the perfect word.  I guess me assuming that someone reading the post could get the "jist" of it without translating every word literally we're just slightly optimistic?

Would you prefer if I said something like The current ASIC vendors have decided to only accept full payment pre-orders thus shifting the burden of risk from themselves to the customer?

If you don't want people to take your inflammatory, false/misleading statements at face value, then say what you mean.  You have never been forced to order from any ASIC vendor.  You have always had the option to wait until the products were available for purchase and shipped to you.  Your entire premise is flawed, in so far as the fact that if you pre-ordered, you chose to do so of your own free will.  If the risk that you would be bearing is too much, then do not pre-order. There is absolutely zero requirement for you to do so, thus your statements are false.  You may not like it, true, but you are free not to participate.  Those that are willing to shoulder the risk and those that don't mind the situation will take your place... but there is nothing forcing you to participate at any level.

Yes, of course, attacking you... pointing out that your entire statement is false in a semi-humorous way is attacking you.  You're the only troll here, sir.

Josh's statement above in 20pt bold red font is in reference to what I posted in the OP:

Pre-order funds are not held in escrow so if you aren't comfortable with our using your payment to prepare your product, you may order post production units at the standard price of $599 when they become available.

Thus, Josh lied below:

I wonder if there will still be people saying that Butterflylabs is not a Scam after they fail to ship by 2027. Undecided
I guess a year and a few months is not long enough for most folks.

I wonder why there are still idiots saying that BFL is a scam now that they've started shipping.

I wonder why people are to0 lazy to read the posts explaining why they're scammers.

BFL said every month since OCT 2012 that they were on the verge of delivering only to get pre-orders in. The ones that ask for a refund get their money back. Sounds innocent enough right?

Well that funds RnD and that is tax free loans at 0% interest.

Perpetual pre-order/refund setup while knowing that the products were never going to be delivered until a year+ later and still waiting.

Raise prices to scare people from cancelling and after they deliver only a few jalas to get more pre-orders.

Too bad you can't figure this shit out. Idiot

Just because you repeat the same lies over and over MooC Tals doesn't mean people are going to start believing your lies.  But by all means, continue to spam every thread with your fantasies.

Note, Josh is referencing the entire post he quoted as a lie, including the one I highlighted in yellow.

Further proof that BF Labs Inc. lied about not using any pre-order moneys for the development of their company.

Feel free to poke holes in the above, Josh!
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 07:24:02 PM

Very true, if the had just released the 5GH/s units in volume, kept the other designs on standby for a midlife speed bump, the entire industry would be different, they would have still sold all their chips,  Avalon may have not released a thing, or it wouldn't have been 66GH/s. BFL drove up the net hash years before it needed to be, and cost themselves countless sales in the process. Well it's too late to do anything about it now, the arms race is up to 200GH/s per chip atm.

No, you can blame that on Tom.  He's the one who posted complete nonsense as far as specs go.  There was nothing for BFL to do except match his specs.  You'll notice that after that speed bump, I posted that we'd match any SHIPPING device, which is what I should have done from the start, but we'd already raised the specs so it was too late.

Similar things are happening now with the new ASIC providers, but fortunately there are actually chips in the field this time around, so no matter what you announce as specs, a working chip today is vastly superior to a non-existent chip tomorrow. 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 07:51:17 PM

May I ask what is current bigest problem in delivery? Production, PCB and other components, manpower or what?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 07:57:01 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2013, 08:29:18 PM by Xian01

May I ask what is current bigest problem in delivery? Production, PCB and other components, manpower or what?

In my humble opinion, all of the above with a liberal sprinkling of Dunning-Kruger.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: