Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:03:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42140 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 10:49:31 AM

Anonymous DAG-based decentralized value is a great step. Watching.

twitter.com/notsofast

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pinball_wizard

Activity: 702
Merit: 102

I am the Kung Fury...

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:54:20 AM

Keep an eye on this, any idea of a drafted roadmap?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
vsh

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:31:36 PM

Whilst we are on the subject, would anyone like to suggest a fair method of distribution? I'm not interested in large holders gaining most of the supply, i don't approve of these pump schemes. I've been pondering around a multi-method distribution, similar to a bitcoin airdrop, but with using multi currency snapshot 70% to XRB/BTC, and with the remaining 30% to donators. This is just a thought, please don't be afraid to suggest idea's.
You can use not only crypto assets for airdrop but some online services: e.g. airdrop based on number github commits in top repos, or geolocation, or similar real-life metrics.

I heard there is a thing called ZStarks (or something like that) that does not require the trusted setup.
zk-starks are pretty much very experimental right now, there's not enough info on them to implement and they are not time-tested at all yet.
dayja

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:34:05 PM

How will i do if i want to get this token?
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 12:43:25 PM

Now this sounds like a good idea.

No wasting time, no marketing smoke and mirrors, just a focus on development.

How long do you think this will take?

Will you need a trusted setup with key signing like for ZCash?

I heard there is a thing called ZStarks (or something like that) that does not require the trusted setup.

Exactly, there should be no need for smoke and mirrors with any cryptocurrency related project, i'm not interested in selling a fluff project, i'm interested in presenting the code upon completion, and that will be the decider.

I have done a small amount of research on STARK's, and from what i can see there proofs are too large for a DAG/blockchain, perhaps in the future this may be a possibility.

From what i read, STARK's require ~1.2MB proof, whereas zk-SNARK only require~300bytes proof, also STARK's require around 140gb memory for proving. For now i am experimenting, researching and brainstorming the best methodology, i have a few possible scenario's/ ideas, which require testing.

The whole project to a beta release should only take ~1-2 months in an ideal world.

Anonymous DAG-based decentralized value is a great step. Watching.

Thankyou for supporting.

Keep an eye on this, any idea of a drafted roadmap?

No sorry not at this stage, i have my personal scrap drafts but they are no where near presentable.

How will i do if i want to get this token?

Hi, sorry it is not available at this stage.

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
arikassuja

Activity: 535
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:44:30 PM

So where i can see link to your website and link to whitepaper, not only what will you do and what will you can't do, more info are needed to atratch investor
lda1000

Activity: 581
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:39:02 PM

Looks very interesting.

Questions:

a) Is the code you're forking already in a working state (allows a network to function and normal sending works)?
b) Your addition is to implement privacy features on top of RaiBlocks right?
c) Can you point me (us) to a good resource about DAG in the context of a crypto currency (I'd like to learn how does the consensus work in DAG) ?

Thanks

CYPHERPUNKDNB

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:28:49 PM

I love this idea! I have sent you a message. I'd love to collaborate with you if you need any assistance with anything. Smiley
GTTIGER

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:59:09 AM

It would be cool to have a unique distribution method. Let's throw some ideas:
Airdrops are essentially marketing, as too are price increases. Encouraging hoarding increase the price. Byteball did airdrops in a way that took advantage of some of these dynamic. However, byteball now has only a small community, Why? Maybe because focusing on this over building a community does not promote long-term growth.

Another example is Deep Onion, instead of a normal airdrop they did an airdrop based on the number of posts for individuals and rewarded based on rank. This made people invested into the project with their time. A time investment can be made by anyone. Additionally, they prevented the dumping of x % of the free coins you receive - you would be excluded from other drops. In a way, this made people financially invested into the project. Why? Because coins were trading on the market, if you hold then you not only expected the coin to rise, but you felt it was worth the continued time use.

This method has flaws too, I don't believe it improves the coin in anyway. It only improves marketing and price. So maybe if a method like that was added with some type of different participation credit. Sort of a bounty for certain tasks. I like the self governance that certain coins have, maybe allocating a large portion of coins towards that too can assist with development/marketing/price.

Not sure if I am making things too complex. A simple airdrop works too, just thought it would be cool if we all discuss different methods. I'm sure an interesting one is bound to pop up.

xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:27:35 AM

What is incentive for running a peer?  Does the peer do PoW or PoS?  If there are no fees what incentivizes higher end peers with dedicated IPs, etc to run?

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
always2late

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:18:44 AM

I love this idea! I have sent you a message. I'd love to collaborate with you if you need any assistance with anything. Smiley

lulz is this your first ANN post

If so you have officially shilled me into this one
Afkbio

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:11:46 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 03:38:58 PM by Afkbio

Hello, I'm really interested, I love raiblocks but the privacy is really missing. Wish you the best of luck.
Reach out if you need anything. I probably won't be able to help with the core code, but anything web related, or server/node related no problem. I also can do french translations.

Do you plan to get a Slack or Discord ?
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:14:07 PM

Best of luck with the project. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for this. You can reach out if you need help with anything and I will contribute in any way I can.
EternalPropagation

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:25:42 PM

Hi I asked the raiblocks dev about privacy and he said maybe in the future if a perferct solution is found that doesn't interfere with the goal of raiblocks (instant free scalable and sustainable). Will your privacy mechanism interfere with any of those primary goals? Plus, mixers already exist that offer some privacy for a fee so what you're trying to do (instant free scalable sustainable and PRIVATE) is different. He said the same thing about quantum resistance (IOTA's solution is not human-friendly).

I see the potential in your project to end all other currencies but you'd need to build it to last 100 years that means quantum resistance.

My other issue with raiblocks is that there's no way to send messages other than ~8-byte stenography (1XRB = 2^100raw) so my question is if it would be possible for your coin to be 1stone = 2^1000raw to allow for communication as well? Or will that be too big for the UDP packets? Fitting in a transaction inside a single UDP packet is paramount of course.

Compliments: I love the name "STONE" it's a callback to raiblocks (rai means stone coin) yet better; well done. Logo is awesome as well (high def version for download for desktop background?) I also love that you're taking the marketing-at-the-end approach since it shows you have faith in your project to speak for itself.

I look forward to investing no matter what!
Malek17

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:10:43 AM

Interesting, need some more info from you dev and the project, I will donate some BTC to $STONE as I did for $XEL. Hope to hear some more news on this project soon. Cheers. Grin

Thank you, appreciate that.

you say "Stone will be forked from the RaiBlocks codebase"
so Stone will have the same supply like Raiblocks $XRB? around 133M (after burn) or around 300M (before burn)?

These details are yet to be determined, but i'm leaning towards a 100M supply cap.

Whilst we are on the subject, would anyone like to suggest a fair method of distribution? I'm not interested in large holders gaining most of the supply, i don't approve of these pump schemes. I've been pondering around a multi-method distribution, similar to a bitcoin airdrop, but with using multi currency snapshot 70% to XRB/BTC, and with the remaining 30% to donators. This is just a thought, please don't be afraid to suggest idea's.

Just want to say good Luck with the new Project Dev,100M supply cap is a good number as for the distribution it's probably better to do it in few times 3 or 4 times than in a single airdrop that will allow more people to get in,for the distribution method probably you can use few methods like dropping 50% to bitcoin/altcoins holders and use proof of individuality to airdrop the rest like use telephone confirmation as it's harder for someone to use multiple phone numbers to claim the airdrop then using a facebook or twitter account as anyone really can get multiple facebook/twitter accounts
JHB3

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

ELIXIR TOKEN

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:39:04 AM

wow, looks pretty amazing!

I'm really glad i found this thread, will watch this one closely! Like to join a community right from the beginning.

Good luck with the project, and keep us updated Smiley
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 03:02:43 AM

I'm really glad i found this thread, will watch this one closely! Like to join a community right from the beginning.

Thank you, i appreciate your support. Also thank you to the donators so far  Smiley great effort, coding has commenced.

I will be back shortly to answer a few more questions and answer a few more PM's.

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
mohunr

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:50:36 AM

Interesting, need some more info from you dev and the project, I will donate some BTC to $STONE as I did for $XEL. Hope to hear some more news on this project soon. Cheers. Grin

Thank you, appreciate that.

you say "Stone will be forked from the RaiBlocks codebase"
so Stone will have the same supply like Raiblocks $XRB? around 133M (after burn) or around 300M (before burn)?

These details are yet to be determined, but i'm leaning towards a 100M supply cap.

Just want to say good Luck with the new Project Dev,100M supply cap is a good number as for the distribution it's probably better to do it in few times 3 or 4 times than in a single airdrop that will allow more people to get in,for the distribution method probably you can use few methods like dropping 50% to bitcoin/altcoins holders and use proof of individuality to airdrop the rest like use telephone confirmation as it's harder for someone to use multiple phone numbers to claim the airdrop then using a facebook or twitter account as anyone really can get multiple facebook/twitter accounts

I think it is only fair that all holders of Raiblocks as on the date of launch of this project should get the token proportionate to their holding after reducing the developer fund. After all it is a fork of Raiblocks code. And the early adopters of the platform should get rewarded.
szafek

Activity: 448
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 06:56:39 AM

How to get some stone?

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
loremipsum

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:08:02 AM

Thank you, i appreciate your support. Also thank you to the donators so far  Smiley great effort, coding has commenced.

I will be back shortly to answer a few more questions and answer a few more PM's.

DAG with zk-SNARKs looks very promising. But can you rely only on donations to fund development? Are you planning to work on this on your own?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: