Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:43:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42155 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JamesMangan

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:23:33 PM

I made my account because frankly most of the stuff on this site is repetitive and drab, exciting concepts will get people out of the woodwork to create new accounts.
Showlow

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:33:04 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 10:46:54 PM by Showlow

Another newbie.. activity 1

So posting shit 1000 times like your last post is more valuable you say? ;-)
rumpel_tusk

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:10:33 PM

I think I'm going to unfollow this thread. This feels very strange too me and I don't want to witness the scam unfold.
PerfectCoinSeeker

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:25:48 PM

I respectfully agree with many of the opinions here that an initial distribution method focused on a more equal distribution to the many rather than a few would provide far greater utility to the world. Hopefully Felix can provide greater clarity on this and many other aspects of the project soon.
hoolio

Activity: 273
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:51:02 PM

I think I'm going to unfollow this thread. This feels very strange too me and I don't want to witness the scam unfold.

I think that everyone who is donating understands the risks here. If it was an ICO with a nice website and a lot of promises in the whitepaper the risks would be the same.

But I still agree that an escrow would be much better.
iVajra

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:08:01 AM

raiblocks 2.0 ? are you one of raiblocks core team ? or this thread is just to gain more exposure / new money comes into raiblocks  Huh

btw DAG with privacy features will be very interesting
this project will be hype as what raiblocks gained till today

felixando (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 07:00:44 AM

Hi community, just checking in to say ill be replying to the next wave of PM's and posts over the next couple of hours, apologies for the lack of responses, but as everybody knows its quite busy over the new years period.

Thanks to all those who are supporting and waiting patiently.

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:14:16 AM

When faucet ready?
murgut

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:22:26 AM

dag is the next blockchain revolution. is blockchain 3.0. i am acctually very bullish on all early dag projects

dodvip123

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:12:17 AM

Possible to reserve Dutch translation?
DeluxeFont

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:14:57 AM

I can help with the Russian translation. I am very excited about this.
fracas

Activity: 392

Multiversum

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:24:49 AM

raiblocks 2.0 ? are you one of raiblocks core team ? or this thread is just to gain more exposure / new money comes into raiblocks  Huh

I bet this to be much better than RaiBlocks, avoiding their mistakes (very bad exchange, pump based on low volume and exchange bug) and possible price manipulation too.

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 11:23:55 AM

dag is the next blockchain revolution. is blockchain 3.0. i am acctually very bullish on all early dag projects

I concur!

When faucet ready?

I'm sorry but as discussed in a previous post, faucets place too much stress on the community, for that reason i have decided against it.

Now I suddenly understand the reason of the huuuuge rise in price of RAIBLOCKS recently - people want to catch 2 coins with one buy.

Hi there, we have not yet finalized the method of distribution, whether it will be a bitcoin snapshot, raiblocks snapshot, airdrop or some other method, i'm aiming towards even and fair distribution, if you have suggestions you are welcome to post your idea! i noted that another user mentioned it would be a good idea to do a similar process to what the ZClassic team are doing, which is merging ZCL and bitcoin snapshot together, there is a possibility i could do this combined with the donators fund, although it leaves the question of, is it fair? still very open to discussion.

I have a great idea for distribution, leave 30% to donators, then the other 70% do a bitcoin airdrop/merge, the same thing which zclassic is doing right now.

Please get back to me with your thoughts, i'm sure the rest of the community would support this.

From here on, Its all about what kind of "coin" you want to "be" in this world.  

If what fuels the developer passion for the project is quick personal economic growth, then yes distribute it using methods that already favor the able, rich and wealthy.

In that case, the only semblance to raiblocks its the fact it was forked from it.    

He has one chance to fairly decentralize a coin. What he will choose will steer the project.

I appreciate your words of support, and your spot on with what fuels my passion, which is represented in the OP.

Possible to reserve Dutch translation?

I'm sorry i wont be needing translations as of yet - we are still in PRE-ANN stage, perhaps when the first wallet is released and distribution has commenced.

I bet this to be much better than RaiBlocks, avoiding their mistakes (very bad exchange, pump based on low volume and exchange bug) and possible price manipulation too.

RaiBlocks is a work of art, i pay alot of respect to Colin and the team for the beautiful piece of code they have presented. The exchange issues were out of Colin's hands. I dont plan to be better than RaiBlock, i just plan and adding to the already existing tech, something different.

In other news - development is going to plan, i have been playing with in-line transactions with great results with the added weight of zk-SNARK's, currently receiving 7s round trip response times for anonymous transactions, but with a alot of tuning i should be able to bring that right down to at least 3s - 600ms. I will also be creating a github in the very near future, id advise not to donate until then, if your slightly worried about the legitimacy of my project.

Thank you to the supporters so far.

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 11:44:58 AM

Another note: all the latest donators have now been entered into the official donators list in the OP - my apologies for not being able to confirm and reply back to you one by one, bitcointalk has its limitations!

For those who are asking when will donations finish? When you don't see the donation addresses in the OP anymore   Smiley

btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:57:48 AM

..i noted that another user mentioned it would be a good idea to do a similar process to what the ZClassic team are doing, which is merging ZCL and bitcoin snapshot together, there is a possibility i could do this combined with the donators fund, although it leaves the question of, is it fair? still very open to discussion.

I would love to see this distribution model come to play. This will be an honourable gesture towards the RaiBlocks community and it's developers who worked so passionately on creating this beautiful code.
Distribution to Bitcoin holders as well will allow for additional exposure and overall fairness to a wider user base.

fracas

Multiversum

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:00:56 PM

..i noted that another user mentioned it would be a good idea to do a similar process to what the ZClassic team are doing, which is merging ZCL and bitcoin snapshot together, there is a possibility i could do this combined with the donators fund, although it leaves the question of, is it fair? still very open to discussion.

I would love to see this distribution model come to play. This will be an honourable gesture towards the RaiBlocks community and it's developers who worked so passionately on creating this beautiful code.
Distribution to Bitcoin holders as well will allow for additional exposure and overall fairness to a wider user base.

No way, why make rich people richer?

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:18:07 PM

As I said, paying respect to the originators of this code by choosing a friendly fork.  I can understand the wish for a free-for-all airdrop and perhaps that can be incorporated as well. However, this is not just another ERC20 token on the Ethereum network that requires almost no development resources.
fracas

Multiversum

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:22:09 PM

As I said, paying respect to the originators of this code by choosing a friendly fork.  I can understand the wish for a free-for-all airdrop and perhaps that can be incorporated as well. However, this is not just another ERC20 token on the Ethereum network that requires almost no development resources.

XRB distribution has been flawed by BOTs and that's the reason they stopped faucets:
- https://www.google.it/search?q=youtube+railblock+software&oq=youtube+railblock+software

Do you think distribution like that would be fair? Please let's Stone have it's own life. Projects are open source so anyone can use them and improve.

Nobody is asking for a free for all airdrop. But for a fair distribution. Give them to already XRB holders is not. Moreover most of them will go to XRB representatives (https://raiblocks.net/page/frontiers.php). Is this fair?

Verethraghna

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:49:54 PM

As I said, paying respect to the originators of this code by choosing a friendly fork.  I can understand the wish for a free-for-all airdrop and perhaps that can be incorporated as well. However, this is not just another ERC20 token on the Ethereum network that requires almost no development resources.

XRB distribution has been flawed by BOTs and that's the reason they stopped faucets:
- https://www.google.it/search?q=youtube+railblock+software&oq=youtube+railblock+software

Do you think distribution like that would be fair? Please let's Stone have it's own life. Projects are open source so anyone can use them and improve.

Nobody is asking for a free for all airdrop. But for a fair distribution. Give them to already XRB holders is not. Moreover most of them will go to XRB representatives (https://raiblocks.net/page/frontiers.php). Is this fair?

agreed, since we want wider and fairer distribution we should think of another way to do it
Watsuji

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:22:05 PM

In Raiblocks, when there is a fork,  balance-weighted vote is used to determine the outcome through use of representatives.

How would balance-weighted vote work in Stone? cos certain amount of balances will be shielded if zsnarks are used

Finally, I think that raiblocks snapshot should be used for distribution as the majority of code will be from Raiblocks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: