Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:27:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do if Bitcoin Price Crashes  (Read 2318 times)
colonel_koval

Activity: 62
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:36:49 AM

Bitcoin price can't crash like that in one day, even Trump is unable to do that.
Even in the worst cases where all governments start banning Bitcoin, people will keep trading, the price will decrease for sure
but will never fall down to 0.89$.
or even better What would you do if Bitcoin Skyrockets too 2,5 million USD per Bitcoin
You are very optimistic, thta's good but if you are going to invest you have to be more realistic.

dude, the moment the price goes down significantly and people start panic selling it will be like a snowball. Nobody will be able to get a confirmation on their transactions, they WILL panic even more and the price WILL go down very low, maybe even to 89 cents.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zebra.Guy

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:40:05 AM

Bitcoin price can't crash like that in one day, even Trump is unable to do that.
Even in the worst cases where all governments start banning Bitcoin, people will keep trading, the price will decrease for sure
or even better What would you do if Bitcoin Skyrockets too 2,5 million USD per Bitcoin
You are very optimistic, thta's good but if you are going to invest you have to be more realistic.

dude, the moment the price goes down significantly and people start panic selling it will be like a snowball. Nobody will be able to get a confirmation on their transactions, they WILL panic even more and the price WILL go down very low, maybe even to 89 cents.

and it will all happen in days, whereas people will be stuck with their transactions in limbo for months (imagine millions of txs in a backlog). You may be right with that scenario, I don't like it but it certainly sounds reasonable
doycku

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:40:50 AM

Even if on Saturday morning I wake up and find out that the price of bitcoin has dropped below one cent, I will not do anything, the main thing is not to panic, look at 2015 how much bitcoin cost and at what altitude is it now compared to those years. So do not panic , you just need to wait a bit.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:25:54 PM

We do not see post like this one so often...

If I wake up and the bitcoin is worth less than 1 dollar, I sure quickly buy some. In the worst situation, I lose 20 dollars for my 20 bitcoins, in the best.. Well, the price skyrocket and I am definitely rich.

If I wake up and the price is crazy up.. Then, it is harder. Should I sell or is it still too soon? Hard to say!

Last, I hope your wife will never see your post. Poor her..

NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:31:04 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 01:47:45 PM by NavI_027

If btc's price dropped very big up to extent that it is now only equivalent to cents, I'm sure that I'll be sad at first but I will remain to hold my bitcoins and never sell it then I will panic buy as much as I can. That's how much I'm confident with bitcoins. Cheesy (But I think this won't happen)

On the other hand, if btc suddenly rise hugely, I will use its half to buy whatever I want while I use a quarter for investing and hold the remaining quarter for emergency expenses.
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:40:32 PM

I will definitely withdraw my money from bank and i will buy bitcoin as much as i can.
I am sure bitcoin will finish and will grow again. But it will not happen.
scottykarate

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:48:52 PM

There's too many people who will step in and buy the dip. Too many people with money that know what Bitcoin can still do and will do will snatch it up and the price will rebound.

Remember what happened when Bitcoin Cash made it's run in November with Ver and his clan's big push for the flippening? 
People like Mike Novogratz and others will step in pronto.
mevmike

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 01:54:25 PM

first of all i think the situation that you have give is really far from happening.
bitcoin's price may indeed fall dramatically anytime.
but i do not think it will reach $0.89 mark.
and even if it does happen i think i will accumulate as much as i could.
Cheesy

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:16:24 PM

Disregarding the seemingly impossible scenario, I would probably buy a lot then but just enough money I'm comfortable spending. I also assume most people will do so as this is a perfect opportunity to accumulate and hodl for the long term.
djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:27:45 PM

and it will all happen in days, whereas people will be stuck with their transactions in limbo for months (imagine millions of txs in a backlog). You may be right with that scenario, I don't like it but it certainly sounds reasonable

if this nightmare scenario happens it will be bye bye bitcoin. If people start to panic sell and the price plunges to 1$ the exchanges will likely loose tons of money and go bankrupt or stop tradeing, miners will stop processing tranactions because it will not be worth it and the whole network will freeze. You will simply not be able to do any kind of transaction. Stop day dreaming about buying low because it will never happen.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:27:53 PM

What would you do if Saturday Morning you wake up  and Bitcoin Price Drops to 0.89 cents?
Also I would love too hear opinions on what would it take for something like that to happen.
I imagine President Trump would have to outlaw bitcoin or something of that magnitude at this
point right  Huh Huh Huh Huh
or even better What would you do if Bitcoin Skyrockets too 2,5 million USD per Bitcoin  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
HOLY CHIP!!! I would Buy my own Island and make myself The king and have hundreds of children with my hundreds of wives
because I would immediately divorce This one definitely trade her in  for someone who doesn't talk so much blah blah blah .....
and is always moving my damm shoes Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
IF I PUT MY SHOES SOMEWHERE I WANT TO FIND THEM THERE IF I WANTED THEM IN THE CLOSET I WOULD PUT THEM THERE

It's really impossible for bitcoin to drop .89 cents, I can't think of a scenario that will make the market crash to unbelievable proportions that you have describe.

Even if Trump, will ban bitcoin to that effect if won't go down that fast. And you need to understand that there are buyers who are waiting in line, willing to buy for every price correction. Who wouldn't love to buy it if the price go down by at least 50%? EVERYONE

As far as bitcoin going to $2.5m, then all of us will be rich, sky's the limit. Anything you want to buy, you can get it. I will probably just re-invest it in real state property. Would love to buy several apartments and have it rented. Easy to maintain, no stress. You are just waiting like monthly to get paid. Simple as that.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
shellsshells

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:34:39 PM

If the price goes down, do not worry, best choice is to buy more bitcoins or hold on to the ones you own. The price is bound to fluctuate but goes up eventually. That's why it is at the 7k mark.
DragonCoinZ

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:39:29 PM

DOnt believe the people who speak about crash and the bitcoin bubble. Bitcoin community is to strong. So what do you think what would happen when bitcoins crashes 50%? Before this happend, bitcoin will rise, because so many people are just waiting for a dump like this to rebuy!
Sophia29

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:41:46 PM

Probably still hold it untill the market price will recover but seriously "a sudden drop" i know bitcoin is not central institution but with evry drop is a good opportunity to enter trade for some big and small investor so the price will recover after just a week if not days
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:49:51 PM

This was already in the history of bitcoin. In 2012 and 2014. This was triggered by speculators. When they sell their savings to a critical level, they can repeat the trick. They will dramatically reduce the prices of bitcoin and will hold them down for about a year. During this time, all who owned the coins sell them during panic or afterwards to cover their expenses. Then the story of the growth of prices will happen again.
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:02:53 PM

if the price crashes i would probably invest some bitcoins and hoping the price to slowly increase again alot of people would do the same and would result the price to increase some other people would probably decide never to touch crypto again. i believe if bitcoin price crashes it would recover slowly and reach thousands price again.
sinta23

Activity: 668

DogData

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:12:33 PM

This was already in the history of bitcoin. In 2012 and 2014. This was triggered by speculators. When they sell their savings to a critical level, they can repeat the trick. They will dramatically reduce the prices of bitcoin and will hold them down for about a year. During this time, all who owned the coins sell them during panic or afterwards to cover their expenses. Then the story of the growth of prices will happen again.

yes that is, if the need is very urgent, then the money or whatever we have it become the victim.
because the need for the longer is increasing until we do not know what we should do to meet those needs.

imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:22:48 PM

all you gotta do is pray and hold still if bitcoins crash becuase itll surely recover overtime just like happened on the past. howover you need a lot of patience here because some crashes can happen in a longer time and also you need to control your emotions because if not then you might end up selling all of your coins just to cut your losses because youll think that bitcoin wont rise anymore.  overall bitcoin is not expected to crash these days or by before end of the year because there were still upcoming forks that said will happen this december.
lusiaga

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:22:51 PM

Alot things to do if bitcoin go crashes. but if you ask me i will buy more bitcoin.
many peoples or event companies are waiting this moment to buy more cheaps bitcoin.
i think many negative issues outhere was created for this purpose.
antuankek

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:25:37 PM

I will go and buy more bitcoin because after he crashes, he will go up
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: