Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:44:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRL] Oyster Pearl predictions  (Read 11440 times)
JetSet11

Activity: 112
Merit: 23

"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:00:58 PM

I'll check out the testnet when it comes out. Seems interesting. I don't think that it will significantly affect market price at the moment, but you never know...

kz103

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:54:45 PM

I dont understand exactly, is the price going to be fixed as usdt is?

It won't be fixed but 1PRL will be pegged to amount of storage. The announcement says at a minimum 1PRL=64gb/year. Comparing that to the cost of other data storage services with PRL at $1 it is definitely undervalued. This number is also not fixed it will increase over time.
guneytasyurek

Activity: 178

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:00:52 PM

It won't be fixed but 1PRL will be pegged to amount of storage. The announcement says at a minimum 1PRL=64gb/year. Comparing that to the cost of other data storage services with PRL at $1 it is definitely undervalued. This number is also not fixed it will increase over time.
Oh good to hear that , i was afraid it is going to be fixed price as well as usdt
kz103

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:12:48 PM

Oh good to hear that , i was afraid it is going to be fixed price as well as usdt

Yeah and Bruno has said he believes 1PRL=512gb/year is achievable. If this happens the value is huge.
guneytasyurek

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:22:20 PM

Yeah and Bruno has said he believes 1PRL=512gb/year is achievable. If this happens the value is huge.
1prl =512gb means what price could be , would you please enlighten me as i dont have good tech knowledge about
dbrouwer

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:40:26 PM

1prl =512gb means what price could be , would you please enlighten me as i dont have good tech knowledge about

It means its time to fill up your bags right now  Grin

PRL is super cheap right now - just bought another stack of 3000
guneytasyurek

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:43:30 PM

It means its time to fill up your bags right now  Grin

PRL is super cheap right now - just bought another stack of 3000
Dont have much funds to buy , i.already have 3000 prl Smiley
dwarfik

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:54:48 PM

The best way to determine the potential PRL value is to compare it to current solutions. Let's compare it to Dropbox (traditional provider) and storj (decentralized storage).

Dropbox (source - https://www.dropbox.com/plans?trigger=nr)
1 TB for individuals = ~100 USD per year.
Thus, 512GB (Oyster) is equivalent to ~ 50 USD per year

Storj (source - https://storj.io/pricing.html)
0.015 USD per month per GB => 512GB = ~ 90 USD per year

Please note that I did not include the bandwidth costs. Based on your activity, the calculated price for full service is going to be bigger.

Even with 64GB/1year/1PRL, we get a surprisingly good expected token price at 6 USD if compared directly to Dropbox or 11 USD if compared to storj.

Feel free to fix my calculations if I made a mistake.
kz103

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:55:39 PM

There are several data storage services that could be used for comparison but I will give you an example using Google Drive:

Google Drive:
1TB = $9.99/month
1TB = $119.88/year ($9.99x12mn)
1GB = $.11988/year ($119.88/1000)

1PRL pegged @ 64gb/year = $7.67  
1PRL pegged @ 512gb/year = $61.37  

Make sense?
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:01:23 PM

The best way to determine the potential PRL value is to compare it to current solutions. Let's compare it to Dropbox (traditional provider) and storj (decentralized storage).

Please note that I did not include the bandwidth costs. Based on your activity, the calculated price for full service is going to be bigger.

Even with 64GB/1year/1PRL, we get a surprisingly good expected token price at 6 USD if compared directly to Dropbox or 11 USD if compared to storj.

Very nice calculations and comparison. I was actually hoping someone was going to explain how the pricing will work there:D. So you can see what value Oyster can come to. But i think even if the price rises, they will think of something, and lower 64GB/1PRL to something like (you said?) 512GB/PRL (if the PRL price is high).
dwarfik

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:07:13 PM

Very nice calculations and comparison. I was actually hoping someone was going to explain how the pricing will work there:D. So you can see what value Oyster can come to. But i think even if the price rises, they will think of something, and lower 64GB/1PRL to something like (you said?) 512GB/PRL (if the PRL price is high).

Actually when the price of other providers will go up, Oyster value is likely to go up too. And yes, GB/PRL will rise as the project grows (perhaps 64GB -> 128GB ... moon :-) ).
guneytasyurek

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:38:10 PM

There are several data storage services that could be used for comparison but I will give you an example using Google Drive:

Google Drive:
1TB = $9.99/month
1TB = $119.88/year ($9.99x12mn)
1GB = $.11988/year ($119.88/1000)

1PRL pegged @ 64gb/year = $7.67  
1PRL pegged @ 512gb/year = $61.37  

Make sense?

Thank you , very useful info , i m sure you enlighten many of us like me Smiley
tdot

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:38:23 PM

Actually when the price of other providers will go up, Oyster value is likely to go up too. And yes, GB/PRL will rise as the project grows (perhaps 64GB -> 128GB ... moon :-) ).

Hopefeully but the idea of this is to reduce PRL volatility.

I.e. 75% value generated from ability to store, 25% speculative on PRL

Compared to 100% speculative
paschcua

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:07:23 PM

Nice thanks for clarification, i will buy some more PRL now Wink
dwarfik

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:09:14 PM

Hopefeully but the idea of this is to reduce PRL volatility.

I.e. 75% value generated from ability to store, 25% speculative on PRL

Compared to 100% speculative

Yes, I like the PRL idea and technology. Even if it stayed at 64GB/1PRL, it will be at least x10 from current price (and x100+ from ICO as far as I remember .. 0.06USD/PRL at ICO?).
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:21:19 PM

As I heard the initial storage peg will be at least 64 GB per PRL per year. Is it right?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
kz103

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:29:25 PM

As I heard the initial storage peg will be at least 64 GB per PRL per year. Is it right?

That's correct
Packers1985

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

CHEERS

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:38:03 PM

The calculations you guys were doing is just one usecase of PRL. When we add the monetization and anonymous parts to this then definitely the value would be alot more than what you guys've  calculated above.

smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:03:41 PM

I see PRL going to great heights when the market stabilizes again. Levels much higher up than 4 USD... Wink

turbospeedens

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:15:59 PM

If this correct it should be great, rigth now i own a small quantity of PRL but even like that having 64GB for each of my PRL sounds great, even thinking of not sellling them, even if the price is a lot higher, got in @1.86 so even if it goes to $5, it may not be worth it to sell them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: