Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:01:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRL] Oyster Pearl predictions  (Read 11440 times)
tomwalsh (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 30

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:28:49 AM

Cryptopia is a good mid level exchange just like Kucoin. They should try for Bittrex and Binance but if they can't get those then Cryptopia is fine for now.

This is great news, being approached by a mid level exchange like cryptopia shows potential.

It also helps to prove the token and strengthen its chances of getting on bittrex or binance.

tomwalsh (OP)

Merit: 30

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:31:01 AM

As a matter of interest what have early investors been doing with their tokens? I was tempted to sell a small portion when the price peaked a couple of days ago but decided to hodl for longer term, I feel like this token is still highly undervalued and is a steal even at the current price.

rezius

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:22:57 AM

As a matter of interest what have early investors been doing with their tokens? I was tempted to sell a small portion when the price peaked a couple of days ago but decided to hodl for longer term, I feel like this token is still highly undervalued and is a steal even at the current price.

I hold 14k tokens and havent sold a single one. Won't sell until $10 or close to $10.
EckhartJV

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:58:36 AM

I just bought a few PRLs for the upcoming news announcement. Strapping in.
MozesCsaba

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:04:26 PM

This is not a pearl but a GEM. x100 in 3 weeks.
rezius

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:32:49 PM

I feel the coin is reaching it's max on Kucoin. Needs new exchanges. Bittrex/Binance = $3 easily.
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 04:36:46 PM

I feel the coin is reaching it's max on Kucoin. Needs new exchanges. Bittrex/Binance = $3 easily.
It's a good time for us to invest some more while it's still at a decent price. I've made my first buy today of 1.000 PRL, but i'm thinking to add some more in the coming days.

ChrisCross86

Activity: 236

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:44:14 PM

I'm also in since yesterday. I'm not so experienced yet. But with my limited knowledge this coin seems to have huge potential.
nopedope89
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1059

FROSTING

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:53:36 PM

Last week saw a record high. I think this rise will continue. If there is not a very negative situation in the market.

.next-generation social media service.
██   based on blockchain technology ██
                      ▄▄█▄ ▀▄▄
                   ▄███████  ███▄▄
               ▄█████▀▀ ████  ▀█████▄▄
           ▄▄█████▀    ▄ ▀███▄   ▀▀█████▄
       ▄▄█████▀       ██▄ ▀███▄      ▀▀█████▄
      ▐███▀▀        ▄█████  ████         ▀███▌
      ▐███         ████▀███▄ ▀███         ███▌
      ▐███        ████  ▀███▄ ▀███▄       ███▌
      ▐███      ▄███▀ ▄█  ███▌ ▐███▌      ███▌
      ▐███     ▄███▀ ████  ▀██▓  ████     ███▌
      ▐███    ████  ███▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄   ███▌
      ▐███   ████ ▄███▀ ▄██████████████▄  ███▌
      ▐██▀ ▄███▀ ▄███▒                    ███▌
      ▐█▀ ▄███▀ █████████████████████████████▌
         ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
           ▀▀█████▄▄             ▄█████▀▀
               ▀▀█████▄▄     ▄▄████▀▀
                   ▀▀█████▄█████▀
                       ▀████▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀ ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀███▀ ████▄ ███ ███▀▀▀▀▀
     ███▄▄▄▄ ███   ▐██▌▐██▄  ▐██ ▐██████  ███▄▄▄▄▄   ██▌    ▓██  █████▄███ ██▌ ▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀  ███   ▐██▌▐███▀███▀ ▐██        ▀▀▀▀██▌  ██▌    ▓██  ███ █████ ██▌   ███
     ██▌     ▀████████ ▐██   ██▌ ▐███████░████████   ██▌   █████ ███  ▀███ ▀████████
Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Telegram [EN]
Telegram [KOR]
Medium
Qrivium

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:14:11 PM

Okay, I just started looking into this project and find it interesting. 

I have a background in media and well aware of the problems Bruno is hoping to address here.  I have some questions

1) Most people are not tech savvy and cyber hacks and news of such hacks will only gain more media attention.  I think many consumers when asked to lease some CPU will be very nervous to do so.  Many will think it makes their data vulnerable.   Curious as to how the project will address this issue?

2). If consumers allow sites to use their CPU and then the consumers device gets hacked they will automatically think PRL is the cause.     Even if the cause of the hack is unrelated to PRL, it is not a big stretch to think the consumer will think PRL is to blame.  This will cause bad publicity and the legal ramifications for the content site involved could be enough to scare users and content providers away.  Does PRL address this concern?

3). What system does PRl have in place to sign up content providers?   

4). What stops others offering similar service to PRL.  In other words how high are the barriers to entry?

5). What happens to PRL if IOTA runs into technical roadblocks?

Thanks everyone.  Very interesting project. Smiley.  Smiley

Hey guys the questions I ask are open for anyone to answer.  I say that because on ANN page seemed people thought only Bruno would answer such questions

I assume those on here have done their research on PRL and love their feedback on the above as I think they are roadblocks.   cheers

1) and 2) This is a lack of understanding on the technology. It makes your data no less vulnerable than any type of crypto mining, which is not at all. Many websites, such as piratebay for one, have already implemented an in-website miner through coinhive. As for reassuring the public, that's up to the websites who implement the software.

3)Why do they need to sign up content providers? It is a line of code, which websites can implement at their discretion. Presumably, or at least hopefully, come of the dev funds just raised will be used in marketing the protocol. They do plan to build a small scale server farm to support file hosting until critical mass of the network is hit.

4)What stops anyone offering any copycat service? coinhive offered an in-website miner, however oyster takes it a step further by also integrating a decentralised file storage network. As far as others copying the idea, I suppose they can but they would have no reason to, oyster have first mover advantage. By the time someone starts developing and marketing their copycat oyster should be live.

5)This is a valid concern. However almost all Dapps share this concern nowadays, its the nature of the fledgling market. If it did become the case that IOTA couldn't sustain oyster, it could be moved over to another system. The original network was actually developed to be a centralised system but was redeveloped for IOTA, so presumably it could be done again.

Thank you for taking the time to respond very informative.   I still think # 1 can be a problem if, out of the gate , PRL fails to communicate clearly and often how it will not impact personal data, etc.

I work in branding/communications,  and based on my experience, time spent NOW defining how to communicate what PRL does and how it works without using words such as 'leasing, etc, will reap huge dividends going forward. 
chefbauer

Activity: 171

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:38:49 PM

It is only on Etherdelta, this coin is a garbage, most users who replied in here are just bots or people paid in order to talk amazing things about this project, it has only been increasing because of hype, nothing more than that.
Just avoid this coin

rezius

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:46:13 PM

It is only on Etherdelta, this coin is a garbage, most users who replied in here are just bots or people paid in order to talk amazing things about this project, it has only been increasing because of hype, nothing more than that.
Just avoid this coin

I'm not a bot and have nothing to do with the team. Only about 10% of my posts are about Oyster. I found out about this project three weeks ago and was absolutely fascinated by:

1) The technology
2) Very active devs
3) Coin supply only 108M with a 10M Marketcap and under 40 cents. Those are absolute gold mine combinations if this project ever takes off.

IOTAs team has also said they are a big fan of this project and do support it.

You sound like someone who is either A) Trying to make the price dip so you can buy Oyster or B) Don't understand the project and  have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

If that isn't proof I'm not some bot to you, here a video I made on youtube:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa4L4dlLQlg

Due to you watching it, it will probably have one dislike now. Which is fine.
caisa88

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 05:48:03 PM

Just avoid this coin
No, it's not only on Etherdelta . Check this link: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/oyster-pearl/#markets , you can see it's also on Kucoin, which is a pretty decent exchange.

Packers1985

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

CHEERS

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:16:53 PM

Just avoid this coin

I'm not a bot and have nothing to do with the team. Only about 10% of my posts are about Oyster. I found out about this project three weeks ago and was absolutely fascinated by:

1) The technology
2) Very active devs
3) Coin supply only 108M with a 10M Marketcap and under 40 cents. Those are absolute gold mine combinations if this project ever takes off.

IOTAs team has also said they are a big fan of this project and do support it.

You sound like someone who is either A) Trying to make the price dip so you can buy Oyster or B) Don't understand the project and  have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

If that isn't proof I'm not some bot to you, here a video I made on youtube:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa4L4dlLQlg

Due to you watching it, it will probably have one dislike now. Which is fine.

I think he missed it when it was cheap

sandy14350

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:58:33 PM

lots of hunters already dispose much of their tokens because movement in etherdelta is not fast like on the first few days after it listed there and bounties are given. I like it when hunters are dumping their tokens after distribution specially if ICO is success and project is realistic and with high potential, those time are always good time to buy coins in bargain price.
cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 599

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 07:06:35 PM

lots of hunters already dispose much of their tokens because movement in etherdelta is not fast like on the first few days after it listed there and bounties are given. I like it when hunters are dumping their tokens after distribution specially if ICO is success and project is realistic and with high potential, those time are always good time to buy coins in bargain price.

Do you think a lot of them already dumped their tokens?

Some of the hunters actually are clever enough to hoard and even accumulate more tokens when they trade, but of course we are not sure whether they will dump later but sure enough these guys are up to profit more. They believe in this project which is actually a lot better than those funded ones.

kim-yon

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:27:29 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2017, 01:07:59 PM by kim-yon

The Kucon stock market is very effective now. Oyster Pearl worked because it was user friendly like Binance.
nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:40:32 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 09:50:37 PM by nexus2k14

The Kucinin stock market is very effective now. Oyster Pearl worked because it was user friendly like Binance.

STORJ - Decentralised Cloud Storage peak at 1.7$ with Total Supply 424,999,998 mil.
OYSTER PEARL is 108 mil. Total Supply should reach 5$ around May 2018 (April/May protocol launch) and one year later above 12$.

cabron I have my stack of Bounty Hunters dumps. I can say exactly how many Tokens was dumped on an exchange
but there was christmas shopping time for approx. 2-3 weeks for anyone that was interested.
rezius

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:42:49 PM

The Kucinin stock market is very effective now. Oyster Pearl worked because it was user friendly like Binance.

STORJ - Decentralised Cloud Storage peak at 1.7$ with Total Supply 424,999,998 mil.
OYSTER PEARL is 108 mil. Total Supply should reach 5$ around May 2018 (April/May protocol launch) and one year later above 12$.

cabron I have my stack of Bounty Hunters dumps. I can say exactly how many Tokens was dumped on an exchange
but there was christmas shopping time for approx. 2-3 weeks for anyone that was interested.

If there was a like button, this research would get a like from me  Wink
StGermain

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:01:31 PM

Opening this discussion on Oyster Pearl.

An alternative revenue stream for websites and a decentralised data storage network.

The network is built on IOTA using smart contracts on Ether. Is this the best of both worlds?

Still very new and only on EtherDelta, predictions for 2018?

While this may be the best of both worlds it could also be the worst of both worlds. IMO the use cases for cross-chain projects are not that many,  but yeah... in the future this may be good.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: