Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:44:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRL] Oyster Pearl predictions  (Read 11440 times)
Packers1985

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

CHEERS

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:59:03 PM

Hype alone will get 10x right now imo. Marketing is finally under way. Product delivered and successful? 100-200x in my opinion which is only $5-10. Do your own research though, just my opinion of course.
$5 max i dont see this going beyond....Still a life changing investment for early investors

Qrivium

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:09:51 PM

Okay, I just started looking into this project and find it interesting. 

I have a background in media and well aware of the problems Bruno is hoping to address here.  I have some questions

1) Most people are not tech savvy and cyber hacks and news of such hacks will only gain more media attention.  I think many consumers when asked to lease some CPU will be very nervous to do so.  Many will think it makes their data vulnerable.   Curious as to how the project will address this issue?

2). If consumers allow sites to use their CPU and then the consumers device gets hacked they will automatically think PRL is the cause.     Even if the cause of the hack is unrelated to PRL, it is not a big stretch to think the consumer will think PRL is to blame.  This will cause bad publicity and the legal ramifications for the content site involved could be enough to scare users and content providers away.  Does PRL address this concern?

3). What system does PRl have in place to sign up content providers?   

4). What stops others offering similar service to PRL.  In other words how high are the barriers to entry?

5). What happens to PRL if IOTA runs into technical roadblocks?

Thanks everyone.  Very interesting project. Smiley.  Smiley

Hey guys the questions I ask are open for anyone to answer.  I say that because on ANN page seemed people thought only Bruno would answer such questions

I assume those on here have done their research on PRL and love their feedback on the above as I think they are roadblocks.   cheers
flipperfin

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:11:11 PM

Can someone aware me how this is different from coinhive?
joshwaan

Activity: 148

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:05:05 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2017, 10:46:38 PM by joshwaan

Edit: changed to 30 Gas and it's moving.

rezius

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:31:40 PM

Up 30% today at 7.5 cents. Should go to 10 within the next day or two.
tomwalsh (OP)

Merit: 30

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:58:41 AM

Can someone aware me how this is different from coinhive?

Rather than just mining and validating transactions for a crytocurrency like coinhive does with monero, oyster protocol uses the IOTA tangle to allow decentralised file storage.

Basically it hits 2 birds one stone.

lapacho1992

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:10:45 AM

Wow bought a little bit last week and now we are breaking 20 cents  Smiley. Join telegram chat!  Very entertaining and dev is present
rezius

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:51:20 AM

18 cents, wow!!! This coin was 2 cents a week ago. Moonshot now that it's on Kucoin. If it ever goes to Bittrex it's $3-5 easily imo.
Lucacrebbe

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:03:01 AM

You  have to change the FEE ON ETHERDELTA   to 50 GAS  in order to make it  go trought

Making a purchase  on Etheredelta is  a  pain

Imagine   what  will happen when this  TANGLE-ETH    based   coin (PRL coin)  will  hit  Bittrex ...  

CryptoSpeck

Activity: 103

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:15:40 AM

You  have to change the FEE ON ETHERDELTA   to 50 GAS  in order to make it  go trought

Imagine   what  will happen when this  TANGLE-ETH    based   coin (PRL coin)  will  hit  Bittrex ...  

If it hits Bittrex or Binance we can call it a Plutoshot.
rezius

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:29:51 AM

Hahaha might break records at that point. Bittrex is what, 5k to get listed on plus a bunch of hassles? Grand daddy of volume though.. hopefully it gets on Bittrex at some point in the future. I'm just happy it get on Kucoin.
rhaegonz

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:44:06 AM

Congrats to all holders, we hit 0.22$
CryptoSpeck

Activity: 103

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:58:01 AM

Congrats to all holders, we hit 0.22$

Still not the peak.  Tongue
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:03:17 PM

You  have to change the FEE ON ETHERDELTA   to 50 GAS  in order to make it  go trought

It already hit Kucoin exchange yesterday.  It almost 0.3 now. PRL is moving so fast.

Packers1985

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

CHEERS

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:11:40 PM

Hoping for new exchanges before christmas....

tomwalsh (OP)

Merit: 30

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:21:43 PM

Okay, I just started looking into this project and find it interesting. 

I have a background in media and well aware of the problems Bruno is hoping to address here.  I have some questions

1) Most people are not tech savvy and cyber hacks and news of such hacks will only gain more media attention.  I think many consumers when asked to lease some CPU will be very nervous to do so.  Many will think it makes their data vulnerable.   Curious as to how the project will address this issue?

2). If consumers allow sites to use their CPU and then the consumers device gets hacked they will automatically think PRL is the cause.     Even if the cause of the hack is unrelated to PRL, it is not a big stretch to think the consumer will think PRL is to blame.  This will cause bad publicity and the legal ramifications for the content site involved could be enough to scare users and content providers away.  Does PRL address this concern?

3). What system does PRl have in place to sign up content providers?   

4). What stops others offering similar service to PRL.  In other words how high are the barriers to entry?

5). What happens to PRL if IOTA runs into technical roadblocks?

Thanks everyone.  Very interesting project. Smiley.  Smiley

Hey guys the questions I ask are open for anyone to answer.  I say that because on ANN page seemed people thought only Bruno would answer such questions

I assume those on here have done their research on PRL and love their feedback on the above as I think they are roadblocks.   cheers

1) and 2) This is a lack of understanding on the technology. It makes your data no less vulnerable than any type of crypto mining, which is not at all. Many websites, such as piratebay for one, have already implemented an in-website miner through coinhive. As for reassuring the public, that's up to the websites who implement the software.

3)Why do they need to sign up content providers? It is a line of code, which websites can implement at their discretion. Presumably, or at least hopefully, come of the dev funds just raised will be used in marketing the protocol. They do plan to build a small scale server farm to support file hosting until critical mass of the network is hit.

4)What stops anyone offering any copycat service? coinhive offered an in-website miner, however oyster takes it a step further by also integrating a decentralised file storage network. As far as others copying the idea, I suppose they can but they would have no reason to, oyster have first mover advantage. By the time someone starts developing and marketing their copycat oyster should be live.

5)This is a valid concern. However almost all Dapps share this concern nowadays, its the nature of the fledgling market. If it did become the case that IOTA couldn't sustain oyster, it could be moved over to another system. The original network was actually developed to be a centralised system but was redeveloped for IOTA, so presumably it could be done again.

joshwaan

Activity: 148

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:56:30 PM

Damn might hit $1 before end of year lol
masteraccountcreator

Activity: 234

I am poor but i am doing my best to be rich

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:58:01 PM

bought last night PRL in ED luckily and was able to claim back and transferred to my mEW...
price now is rising ro $0.3
stuffstuff

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:10:40 PM

Got in at 0.04$ luckily after reading up on two or three days ago. How much further can / will this go now in the short term do you think?
Any ideas if the money raised from selling dev's fund will go to a bigger one like Binance?
ramini

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

ICO Starting on 1st of April

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:21:18 PM

Since last 4 days until now I couldn't believe Oyster Pearl PRL is pumping really good. I earned Oyster Pearl back 4 weeks ago and I thought it is another shit coin that I received from signature bounty campaign but tried week proves me wrong.
I'm one of the guys who are lucky because I didn't dump my PRL after I receive the stake.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: