Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:06:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRL] Oyster Pearl predictions  (Read 11440 times)
rupesh2

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:38:54 AM

unique kind of concept it is , still i am confused why it is not in top 50 coins with such a great project .
may be btc is reason , or people waiting for main net .
aundroid
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:41:46 AM

I have been reading that Bruno and the Oyster team are going to peg the price to an amount of storage. I'm not sure how this works but if there's someone that can explain this to me that'd be helpful. I'm heavily invested in this coin and I'm not sure what this price peg is going to do for my investment. Any insight would be helpful! As well as if anybody has an idea of the value they might peg the price at because I've read anywhere from $.45 to $15 per 64 GB of storage. Thanks

Did you already read the medium article about the PRL Pricing?
https://medium.com/oysterprotocol/how-prl-pricing-will-work-in-the-future-d67c4f231386

so at some point the pearl price will be almost locked lol sucks

No, because the increase of the peg over time will influence the price long-term.
The peg is just set to 64GB first.

Quote from the telegram group:

Prl will be pegged to certain amount of storage at an increasing rate over time. If price gets too high there will be nobody buying storage for such price.
If it gets too low people will swoop in for some cheap storage. This is one of the few coins that is actually planned to be tied to something real and not be based on pure speculation.

►►►     MY TOPICS     ◄◄◄
➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
Xxxurrrad

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:28:53 AM

PRL is dirty cheap at the moment ($1.16), time to accumulate!

Bought 2000 more  Grin Grin Grin Grin
I also think that the price is very good now. I will buy more in the coming days. I hope that the price will fall a little more.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
alts.inspector

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:18:32 PM

Maybe this will help:
https://altsinspector.wordpress.com/2018/03/03/oyster-prl-analysis/
RobeLee

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:19:52 PM

I don't think the peg will be 64 GB. Bruno tweeted that ideally they want the peg to be 512 GB and I think he meant the team wanted that amount to start out with. And the peg will increase over time so eventually the peg may be 1 TB. But  I still have not been able to get a solid idea of how much the price would be, but I think a safe bet would be $3-$4 per 64 GB. Meaning that 1 PRL pegged at 512 GB would be worth $32. What are your guys' thoughts?
I read this price speculation on another thread on BCtalk and it seemed too good to be true when I read it but the numbers everyone was giving out was anywhere from $3 per 64 GB to $15 per 64 GB...
cryptocommoner

Activity: 112
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:51:03 PM

I have been reading that Bruno and the Oyster team are going to peg the price to an amount of storage. I'm not sure how this works but if there's someone that can explain this to me that'd be helpful. I'm heavily invested in this coin and I'm not sure what this price peg is going to do for my investment. Any insight would be helpful! As well as if anybody has an idea of the value they might peg the price at because I've read anywhere from $.45 to $15 per 64 GB of storage. Thanks

Did you already read the medium article about the PRL Pricing?
https://medium.com/oysterprotocol/how-prl-pricing-will-work-in-the-future-d67c4f231386

so at some point the pearl price will be almost locked lol sucks

No, because the increase of the peg over time will influence the price long-term.
The peg is just set to 64GB first.

Quote from the telegram group:

Prl will be pegged to certain amount of storage at an increasing rate over time. If price gets too high there will be nobody buying storage for such price.
If it gets too low people will swoop in for some cheap storage. This is one of the few coins that is actually planned to be tied to something real and not be based on pure speculation.

There will always be a sense of supply and demand for this coin.  The price will fluctuate like others and likely with time, the price will decrease if the storage remains pegged at the same amount.  The competitive nature of the storage market will dictate price.  The devs will I'm sure be extra vigilant in anticipating these changes and increase the storage allowance per PRL accordingly.
geitrin

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:51:20 PM

Well Bruno has also told us that it's a CMC top 10 project and i really think he will not stop before and well we can do the math ourselves + take into calculation that the top marketcaps will only grow as well.
RobeLee

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:07:35 PM

Any other theories on what the price may be after the storage peg?
JetSet11

Activity: 112
Merit: 23

"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:48:37 PM

I see that PRL's price has fallen again...I'm glad that I sold when I had the chance. However, this is a good project and anyone looking to make good profit should consider investing in it. I believe that PRL's price will rise again when we get closer to the April 6th snapshot date for their airdrop.

staz2030

Activity: 280
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:35:46 PM

I see that PRL's price has fallen again...I'm glad that I sold when I had the chance. However, this is a good project and anyone looking to make good profit should consider investing in it. I believe that PRL's price will rise again when we get closer to the April 6th snapshot date for their airdrop.

Tell me if you've found information on the upcoming airdrop? Where should the coins be-in MEW or can they stay on Kucoin? I just transferred them to MEW because I read this information on AirdropAlert:

Snapshot will be on April 6, 2018. Currently, the only exchange that may be participating in the Airdrop is KuCoin. However Oyster is still awaiting final confirmation. Oyster recommends for the time being that PRL holders who want to receive SHL tokens during the Airdrop should store their PRLs in a personal wallet not an exchange wallet.

Am I right that has do it? )
aundroid
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:32:24 AM

MEW is perfect!

The medium Article about SHL: https://medium.com/oysterprotocol/shell-shl-update-and-new-hires-87978ad687a9

We recommend, for the time being, that PRL holders who want to receive SHL tokens during the Airdrop should store their PRLs in a personal wallet, not an exchange wallet.

Here a nice storage comparison

➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
moofie

Activity: 66
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:13:42 AM

Does anyone know if kucoin will be part of the airdrop? And if not, where do I need to store my PRL to get the shells?
Tribunus80

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:21:28 AM

Does anyone know if kucoin will be part of the airdrop? And if not, where do I need to store my PRL to get the shells?

MyEtherWallet will do fine
aundroid
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:58:25 AM

You are kidding me, right  Grin

Do you ever read any other posts?
Just read the article I posted directly above your question  Roll Eyes

mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:53:37 PM

Hopefully this airdrop won't be the same history as with NXT and ARDR. Otherwise will be better to gain more while keeping money on exchange and selling quickly after the snapshot.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
moofie

Activity: 66
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:39:49 PM

You are kidding me, right  Grin

Do you ever read any other posts?
Just read the article I posted directly above your question  Roll Eyes

I have....i already read that article a month ago and as the article states, we are waiting for a confirmation. So I guess my question is pretty legit after a month.
patrickrn32

Activity: 770
Merit: 252

https://twitter.com/iambitboy

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 04:24:28 PM

https://hackernoon.com/moonshot-finding-a-pearl-oyster-protocol-prl-a2064dc86890

nice article Smiley you should check it out

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
simp47

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:54:30 AM

They seem to be having technical problems (on telegram).  I vote this goes down when they push back the release date. 
aundroid
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:54:28 AM

Another nice article:
https://www.investinblockchain.com/oyster-protocol/

worth reading!

ONION_NL

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:39:20 PM

Nice articles! Wondering what good things shl will bring us:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: