Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:37:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NANO formerly known as RaiBlocks (XRB) is going to be a top 10 coin  (Read 31431 times)
Rajip

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:18:47 PM

So who actually uses XRB in real life? Where can you pay with it?

I've only made transfers between wallet and exchange sites, but with that little experience you realize the huge potential this project has. It's the only time I've experienced almost instant transaction with zero fees. Getting into Binance should give it another push, since Bitgrail is relatively small (good experience so far with it, I don't know why there are people complaining about this exchange site. Maybe a little buggy, but nothing terrible), and I hate Mercatox. Until it gets to Binance, Kucoin is the way to go. Being on Binance and Kucoin should make its trading volume rise a lot. If I had funds and wanted to invest on this project, I would do it now.

Sure, XRB is great. Its technology also. But where does that get it if no one uses it? At the end everybody might hold XRB and then realize that no one uses it for anything. It's missing real life adoption.

That's kinda an egg and chicken case. If the coin doesn't have large volume, nobody will bother to accept it as a payment, or create applications that use it. but, in order to increase it's popularity and volume, there needs to be partnerships with other companies to make this token usable. so, it takes time, but eventually if the technology is good, it will grow, and you will find ways to use it, but if you wait for it to happen, the price of the token might be very high, and you'll lose the potential profit you could have made if you buy it now.
kumara

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:31:30 PM

Related to security they did start a bug bounty program. White hats will get up to 10000 XRP if they find vulnarabilities.

https://medium.com/@clemahieu/announcing-the-raiblocks-bug-bounty-program-b7185711bd52

Why are they paying out bug bounties in XRP instead of XRB. Seems like a missed opportunity unless it bespeaks of their lack of confidence in their own product.
raulo1985

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:34:37 PM

I've only made transfers between wallet and exchange sites, but with that little experience you realize the huge potential this project has. It's the only time I've experienced almost instant transaction with zero fees. Getting into Binance should give it another push, since Bitgrail is relatively small (good experience so far with it, I don't know why there are people complaining about this exchange site. Maybe a little buggy, but nothing terrible), and I hate Mercatox. Until it gets to Binance, Kucoin is the way to go. Being on Binance and Kucoin should make its trading volume rise a lot. If I had funds and wanted to invest on this project, I would do it now.

Sure, XRB is great. Its technology also. But where does that get it if no one uses it? At the end everybody might hold XRB and then realize that no one uses it for anything. It's missing real life adoption.

That's kinda an egg and chicken case. If the coin doesn't have large volume, nobody will bother to accept it as a payment, or create applications that use it. but, in order to increase it's popularity and volume, there needs to be partnerships with other companies to make this token usable. so, it takes time, but eventually if the technology is good, it will grow, and you will find ways to use it, but if you wait for it to happen, the price of the token might be very high, and you'll lose the potential profit you could have made if you buy it now.

Exactly my opinion, put together with better words  Grin. I agree that we can't wait forever for this project to rise again, but at least we should hodl to see what happens when it's tradable at Binance. If that triggers a sky rocket, it might be too late to get onboard later.
Thalandor

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:35:13 PM

Related to security they did start a bug bounty program. White hats will get up to 10000 XRP if they find vulnarabilities.

https://medium.com/@clemahieu/announcing-the-raiblocks-bug-bounty-program-b7185711bd52

Why are they paying out bug bounties in XRP instead of XRB. Seems like a missed opportunity unless it bespeaks of their lack of confidence in their own product.

They're paying in XRB Smiley
shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:53:32 PM

It will get recorded on Binance soon, that may be a better than average push for this task. In this manner my inquiry, since that could occur in the next days. I was considering offering some XRB to utilize those assets on different coins, yet it would appear that this is the ideal opportunity to hold or even get some more.
raulo1985

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:57:20 PM

It will get recorded on Binance soon, that may be a better than average push for this task. In this manner my inquiry, since that could occur in the next days. I was considering offering some XRB to utilize those assets on different coins, yet it would appear that this is the ideal opportunity to hold or even get some more.

I had some XRB, but decided to sold them to be able to buy as much ACT before the fork as I could. After the fork is done, I'll diversify my portfolio again, and if by then XRB it's still not tradable at Binance, this is one of my first buying options. Don't want to miss that probable push.
langdong

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:59:22 PM

Absolutely true. I still think XRB sitting at about 3B market cap is already pretty good. Time for some partnerships and real life adoption now, especially when comparing it to any other top20 coin. The volume should be more than enough for that.
SeaDigital

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:20:44 PM

Since Rai is comparable to IOTA in tech, I don't see why the investors who put a 12B market cap on IOTA wouldn't see Rai as being undervalued sitting at 3B.

At best Rai surpasses IOTA. At worst Rai matches IOTA market cap, but who thinks it should be sitting at 3B when IOTA's at 12B?!

It doesn't make sense. This is an undervalued asset as long as market exposure is there. Binance is a start.
djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:52:33 PM

Since Rai is comparable to IOTA in tech, I don't see why the investors who put a 12B market cap on IOTA wouldn't see Rai as being undervalued sitting at 3B.

At best Rai surpasses IOTA. At worst Rai matches IOTA market cap, but who thinks it should be sitting at 3B when IOTA's at 12B?!

It doesn't make sense. This is an undervalued asset as long as market exposure is there. Binance is a start.

Rai is fundamentally flawed since it's inception. Unlike the other two DAg cloins (iota and byteball), Rai is essentialy BTC without the blockchain. What it looses by doing this is the double spend protection. Essentialy Rai is vulnerable to man in the middle attacks that could double spend like crazy, which is probably why cryptopia dropped it a few days after listing.

You can read further about these problems here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219264

The dev of course is sticking his head in the sand and denies everything. Read the whitepaper, compare it to bitcoin and you will understand.
langdong

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:08:31 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 12:16:24 AM by langdong

Sorry but this is just the wrong thinking. First: IOTA and RaiBlocks are basically completely different in their purposes. I would not even compare them.
Second: Have you had a look at IOTA's Foundation and the team? The partnerships it has? Its real life adoption (which also is still at the beginning of course)?

Then have a look at XRB and compare it to that above.
Canbow1

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:40:49 PM

A coin rocketing with 0 marketing effort but 100% organic growth. Promising coin with great potential and hardworking community.
Alanin

Activity: 287
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:41:58 PM

OP's logic has been driving away...
SeaDigital

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:17:57 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 03:41:19 AM by SeaDigital

Rai is fundamentally flawed since it's inception. Unlike the other two DAg cloins (iota and byteball), Rai is essentialy BTC without the blockchain. What it looses by doing this is the double spend protection. Essentialy Rai is vulnerable to man in the middle attacks that could double spend like crazy, which is probably why cryptopia dropped it a few days after listing.

You can read further about these problems here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219264

The dev of course is sticking his head in the sand and denies everything. Read the whitepaper, compare it to bitcoin and you will understand.

It said:

"Cryptopia's reason for delisting was mainly due to several different factors, but here are the main ones:

1) new users deposited very little XRB, lower than the required amount that was required for deposit. people were confused where their deposits went, this resulted with a ridiculous number of support tickets

2) angry captcha miners decided to give death threats to staff members when their $.02 of XRB didn't get deposited"

**I bet Cryptopia wouldn't mind that volume XRB has been generating lately when the exchanges are up!

RaiBlocks is a Top 20 coin without a working exchange (unheard of). The more transactions happening on the network the faster they become. There are no fees and no limits to how much you can transfer. Completely Decentralized with own blockchain so nobody can ''freeze'' or touch our assets. The Dev's and community are always active answering each others questions and this is what bitcoin was when it was starting. Rai did not market anywhere except word of mouth. December 13, 2017 exactly one month ago the coin cost $3, it is $27 USD today; and it's about to hit every major exchange. Once this hits the Asian market expect a price increase. BTC takes 60 minutes to move. I buy LTC, transfer and buy BTC if that's what I want. I think Rai could be the transfer currency of the future. Who doesn't like fast & free?
Jinbe Vivaldi

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:32:18 AM

well, i think XRB will need time to go to top 10

It said:

"Cryptopia's reason for delisting was mainly due to several different factors, but here are the main ones:

1) new users deposited very little XRB, lower than the required amount that was required for deposit. people were confused where their deposits went, this resulted with a ridiculous number of support tickets

2) angry captcha miners decided to give death threats to staff members when their $.02 of XRB didn't get deposited"

**I bet Cryptopia wouldn't mind that volume XRB has been generating lately when the exchanges are up!

RaiBlocks is a Top 20 coin without a working exchange (unheard of). The more transactions happening on the network the faster they become. There are no fees and no limits to how much you can transfer. Completely Decentralized with own blockchain so nobody can ''freeze'' or touch our assets. The Dev's and community are always active answering each others questions and this is what bitcoin was when it was starting. Rai did not market anywhere except word of mouth. December 13, 2017 exactly one month ago the coin cost $3, it is $27 USD today; and it's about to hit every major exchange. Once this hits the Asian market expect a price increase. BTC takes 60 minutes to move. I buy LTC, transfer and buy BTC if that's what I want. I think Rai could be the transfer currency of the future. Who doesn't like fast & free?
everyone like this, who doesn't anyway
but to do as your example need more time to go because not so much exchange accept XRB yet
at least in my country
top 10 is big fight within idea and capability to attract big whales

serian

Activity: 195

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:23:18 AM

As I know Raiexchange is coming and close to launch https://rai.exchange/. After Binance lists XRB it will go to another bull run. If you have technical question better to ask on their subreddit.

smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:33:43 AM

I used to follow it and also done captcha job for railblocks but to many issues hound railblocks then I left it, I knew it's going to be a popular coin in the future and surprise that they are gaining so much support this early I'm still looking for my railblocks old keys I have a few railblocks left
SheepSuit

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:52:39 AM

As I know Raiexchange is coming and close to launch https://rai.exchange/. After Binance lists XRB it will go to another bull run. If you have technical question better to ask on their subreddit.

Binance was supposed to list it, but why is it being delayed so much?

Canbow1

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:50:52 PM

Binance was supposed to list it, but why is it being delayed so much?

I think we should wait as much as needed for the devs to sort out issues with exchanges in order to have a smooth re-bulling. Let's wait rather than being in a hurry to be listed on a big exchange and have everything crashed. Cheers!
mainstreamcoin

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:13:04 PM

RAIBLOCKS  (XRB) is amazing.  It is what a crypto currency should be.  Once you use it, you are in awe and want to buy as much as you can when you see it at under $5.  It seems that is what everyone does because it like $0.10 a few weeks ago.

It was designed for one thing and one thing only: to be currency that allows the transfer of value.  It does that better and faster than anything else.  Yes, even faster than a centralized bank coin like Ripple (XRP) with it's validators or IOTA with it's centralized coordinator.  It's amazing to have multiple monitors and watch yourself send it from and exchange and get it in in your wallet at the blink of an eye.  

I only hold a few coins long term (BTC, XMR, ETH) but this got me hooked right away.  How is this not a top 5 coin right now?  It's already doing what Lighenting Network promises right now!  Imagine once the major exchanges have it, it'll be the standard way to transfer value from one exchange to another, instantaneously and without fees.   I think this gives it the greatest potential for real world adoption in crypto once there is a mobile wallet that connects to a remote node.  

It has some issues like the desktop wallet has trouble syncing and you have work around that.  There are also open questions about how it would handle spam transactions.  But it's amazing that RaiBlocks has jumped into the top 50 without shilling and hype and only available in 2 tiny exchanges.  When this hits a major exchange or two this will be a top 10 crypto.  With further development and better UI clients/mobile client and some marketing, Raiblocks could be a challenger to the throne.  

Also one of the great things about XRB is that it was fairly distributed.  A lot of people earned their Rai solving captcha.  It seems there were Venezuelans doing this and it's great that the meteoric rise in value is going to some who acquired them.  

I usually don't get excited about alts because almost every single alt is hype, a scam or not a working product.  But having a crytpo provides utility and does a single thing like magic has gotten me excited.  
I have read all of you write.
In the post, you rarely mention how many people have used this altcoin.
From technology aspect, it is not really that hard to conquered the technology problem. And most important part is how many people have used it will defined its final price.
serian

Activity: 195

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:05:57 AM

There have been some issues with setting up nodes on exchanges. Hopefully Binance will list XRB probably this week. KuCoin is good place to start trading XRB. But there is still issues with withdrawal.
https://twitter.com/_XRB_/status/952855350100848641

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: