Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:24:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079977 times)
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:16:09 AM

I for one am happy with the starting of the hashes, Even thoe its 110nm it doesn't really matter right now, better to get some out and about now and get better tech later,

ActM is getting better tech, but the question for them is when?

I really don't get the decision to solo mine.  Could someone from Labcoin please explain the rationale behind that decision?
No one from Labcoin is going to explain anything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wickedgoodtrader

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:18:40 AM

IceDrill shareholders may have helped pay for HashFast's NRE costs.  But that doesn't mean they get any additional profit. You still seem really confused.  What does the Sierra have to do with IceDrill?    Nothing.  HashFast might sell a million of them, IceDrill shareholders won't get a dime of that money.

The more hardware HashFast sells, the more $$$ they have for their next gen chip's R&D.

IceDrill has first dibs on bulk orders of that chip, which will be a game changer.

ALWAYS  BET  ON  iCE...

Ice scam,please leave this thread. It's not for advertising your tripe

This is the "Securities" subforum, which is the appropriate place to compare a security like LagCoin to a security like IceDrill.

I'm sorry you have so little confidence in your LagCoin investment that you feel the need to avoid actual discussion, and prefer a cowardly retreat into a warm wet circlejerk of groupthink.   Tongue

LabCoin is up and running hashing, while IceDrill is the only one circle jerking waiting magically for November haha. You fanboys are very amusing lol.

My mining company has better value then LC. We just started hashing today too. We are running at 5 TH though and will ramp it up to 600-800 TH by 2014. Just take my word for it and invest. I mean.. I can't put any pictures up or anything because doing so is just so difficult. The pictures will be coming soon. We know everyone wants pictures but it would require someone to push a couple buttons. This is just waaaayyyyy too much work for something for our shareholders who we appreciate so much. I was online for hours but I still just can't find the time to have pictures put up. Those will take time and hard work to produce. I will however go out of my way and start working day and night and hopefully I can get the pictures available soon.
wickedgoodtrader

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:20:31 AM

I for one am happy with the starting of the hashes, Even thoe its 110nm it doesn't really matter right now, better to get some out and about now and get better tech later,

I really don't get the decision to solo mine.  Could someone from Labcoin please explain the rationale behind that decision?

Obv it's because if they mined in a pool it could be verified. And since they aren't mining they can't do that. End of story

And no no one from labcoin will explain this.. or they will come up with some stupid explanation if they even bother to.
redmetal

Activity: 160

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:21:44 AM

I'd say its because solo mining they don't pay Pool fees, strange since they are only starting out small, but once they get alot of TH on board it will work in their favour

Receive $5 free of bitcoin in Australia by becoming verified on CoinJar.com, https://filler.coinjar.com/r/034375f5
TheSwede75 (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:23:15 AM

I have gotten a few PM's and just wanted to show up and ensure people that I have not disappeared. I talked to Sam and there will be an update in the next 48 hours.

I am traving but will coordinate with Sam and update the forum, blogs and other news sources as we have info.

TLDR: not dead, info coming. I meant to update earlier but have been somewhat out of Internet due to travel.
TheSwede75 (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:25:33 AM

I'd say its because solo mining they don't pay Pool fees, strange since they are only starting out small, but once they get alot of TH on board it will work in their favour

Solo mining becomes a winning proposition at a certain hash rate since pool fees can be avoided and possible pol down time/DDOS becomes a non issue.

Labcoin will also report hash rate so transparency will not be an issue if that is a concern.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 02:26:01 AM

It would be nice to see some proof of hashing though.  Not because I don't believe them, just as a big FU to the haters.

I love how the lack of pics is supposed to be "proof" that it's a scam, as if scammers couldn't just make a fake pic or two.  How hard do you think would be for some scammers to make their own circuit boards?  They raised seven hundred thousand dollars.

If this was somehow a scam, they could have simply bought some Bitforce chips, relabeled them, put them on a custom designed circuit board and taken pictures.  They could even have sent out sample hashing boards to people, then taken tons of order money to double up on their scam and reap huge scam-profits.

In fact, if it's a scam, why no slick website with pre-ording options? Why not pre-order ads on the site? Why aren't they constantly trying to work the site and raise as much money as possible - I mean, look at how much effort HashFast puts in to advertising and promotion in threads? (IMO they are something of a scam, their products are unlikely to ROI very quickly, if ever)

If these guys are scammers, then they are the laziest scammers ever. They could have raised way more money in the IPO.  They could have raised a ton of money doing pre-orders using the IPO money as proof of their abilities.  They could have made tons of fake pics, made fake boards, etc.

The're likely just busy doing the stuff you need to do to setup a mining operation.

redmetal

Activity: 160

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:26:37 AM

I have gotten a few PM's and just wanted to show up and ensure people that I have not disappeared. I talked to Sam and there will be an update in the next 48 hours.

I am traving but will coordinate with Sam and update the forum, blogs and other news sources as we have info.

TLDR: not dead, info coming. I meant to update earlier but have been somewhat out of Internet due to travel.

Thanks for the update, always nice to hear news good or bad Smiley

Receive $5 free of bitcoin in Australia by becoming verified on CoinJar.com, https://filler.coinjar.com/r/034375f5
szmarco

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:30:37 AM

Solo mining becomes a winning proposition at a certain hash rate since pool fees can be avoided and possible pol down time/DDOS becomes a non issue.

Labcoin will also report hash rate so transparency will not be an issue if that is a concern.

Could you publish the mining address plz?
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:32:57 AM

+1
BitCsByBit

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:33:12 AM

TY for the update.

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
wickedgoodtrader

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:33:35 AM

It would be nice to see some proof of hashing though.  Not because I don't believe them, just as a big FU to the haters.

I love how the lack of pics is supposed to be "proof" that it's a scam, as if scammers couldn't just make a fake pic or two.  How hard do you think would be for some scammers to make their own circuit boards?  They raised seven hundred thousand dollars.

If this was somehow a scam, they could have simply bought some Bitforce chips, relabeled them, put them on a custom designed circuit board and taken pictures.  They could even have sent out sample hashing boards to people, then taken tons of order money to double up on their scam and reap huge scam-profits.

In fact, if it's a scam, why no slick website with pre-ording options? Why not pre-order ads on the site? Why aren't they constantly trying to work the site and raise as much money as possible - I mean, look at how much effort HashFast puts in to advertising and promotion in threads? (IMO they are something of a scam, their products are unlikely to ROI very quickly, if ever)

If these guys are scammers, then they are the laziest scammers ever. They could have raised way more money in the IPO.  They could have raised a ton of money doing pre-orders using the IPO money as proof of their abilities.  They could have made tons of fake pics, made fake boards, etc.

The're likely just busy doing the stuff you need to do to setup a mining operation.

The fact that they are even bad at scamming makes for a good reason to invest.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 02:37:06 AM

That threshold isn't 2Th, given the variance. You could find a ton of blocks right away, but it's entirely possible you might skip an entire difficulty period sitting around waiting to find a block if that happens, you actually permanently lose out on potential blocks. It's not necessarily a thing where it all evens out in the long run.

I'd rather not have random luck determine the value of the shares at this point in time.  When you guys get up to 20-30Th/s it might be more reasonable.

I think BTCGuild's PPLNS is a pretty good deal.  You guys could setup labcoin 'team' on there, making it easy for people to verify your hashrate.

wickedgoodtrader

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:41:40 AM

In the law of large numbers solo mining is always the most profitable. There isn't a certain hash rate at which solo mining is more profitable. Quit rambling. For the sake of the shareholders it would have been more beneficial to pay your pool % for a day or 2 to prove you were actually hashing.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:43:41 AM

Hi TheSwede75, earlier labcoin said this:

The team is scattered on various countries, thus we have to coordinate to release anything. I'll see if i can get a screenshot of the hashing rate or something, but more pictures will be posted in the next few days, we will deploy the same mechanism ASICMINER uses for signing found blocks and publish them on our website.

While I recognize that this was stated very recently, is there a time frame set for the implementation of this mechanism? Given that labcoin has chosen to solo mine, this more than anything else would, IMO, remove any lingering doubt as to the authenticity of your company's claims.

eb3full
VIP

Activity: 198
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:46:12 AM

As an outsider looking in, solo mining is just throwing away money. At the speed at which you expect to deploy your hardware, and the speed the network is growing, you need to get as much of a cut as you can for your shareholders before it's too late. The variance could mean negligible profit before the next difficulty change. Once you have enough hashrate that solo mining is practical, it's a different question, but in a month what do you think the difficulty is going to be?

This is not in the best interests of your shareholders.

Not saying this is a scam (doesn't seem like it yet) but just because they didn't run off with the IPO money doesn't mean it's legit. If this were a scam, a pretty clever approach would be to payout dividends until the share price skyrockets, and sell x% of the shares to cover the dividend payouts and then some. You could make bank just on speculation alone. Then vanish with your riches and maximal proceeds not having spent a dime on actual manufacturing. At least someone is going to try this eventually.

At this point I would buy LC even if it's a scam, because these guys are smart enough to take it all the way.

"With four parameters I can fit an elephant, and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk." John von Neumann
buy me beer: 1HG9cBBYME4HUVhfAqQvW9Vqwh3PLioHcU
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:51:12 AM

Damm where are all the trolls @? I want cheap shares...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
wickedgoodtrader

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:53:00 AM

As an outsider looking in, solo mining is just throwing away money. At the speed at which you expect to deploy your hardware, and the speed the network is growing, you need to get as much of a cut as you can for your shareholders before it's too late. The variance could mean negligible profit before the next difficulty change. Once you have enough hashrate that solo mining is practical, it's a different question, but in a month what do you think the difficulty is going to be?

This is not in the best interests of your shareholders.

Not saying this is a scam (doesn't seem like it yet) but just because they didn't run off with the IPO money doesn't mean it's legit. If this were a scam, a pretty clever approach would be to payout dividends until the share price skyrockets, and sell x% of the shares to cover the dividend payouts and then some. You could make bank just on speculation alone. Then vanish with your riches and maximal proceeds not having spent a dime on actual manufacturing. At least someone is going to try this eventually.

At this point I would buy LC even if it's a scam, because these guys are smart enough to take it all the way.

This is exactly what they are going to do. They already have a dividend date on the 17th iirc. They have a dividend date but they couldn't put up a picture. Give me a fucking break. They will pay the dividend without yet even proving they are hashing their own chips. All the idiots will invest on the div and they cash out.
jmutch

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:56:18 AM

This is really interesting....

how hard is it to take a photo and post it?

how hard is it to make public the address which the mining ops are aimed at?

why solo mine with 2 th?

I'd be happy if they put down their soldering irons for 30 seconds to address any one of these question...

jmutch

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:58:08 AM

actually a block every 2-3 days kind of half makes sense....especially if they have more coming online...
Pages: « 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: