Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:33:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of altcoins without Bitcoin  (Read 2315 times)
Glorious04

Activity: 392
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:33:25 AM

If Bitcoin ever collpases completely I would imagine there will be a period of confusion and panic within the altcoins before a new leader rises to the top of the pile.
I believe it too. Usually when bitcoin price rises we can see most of leading altcoin prices are also going up. So i thing they go hand in hand or may not be hand in hand but altcoin prices go along with bitcoin. So if bitcoin plucks down i dont think some altcoins are going to be better in price than bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MattCrypto43

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:34:24 AM

Nothing is impossible Huh but without bitcoin alt coin market will be crash .. but the % is really low

GloriousDonkey52

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:38:33 AM

Can't you see when bitcoins price in the market moves, so does the prices of other Altcoins? If somewhat bitcoin will subside to zero, then I think altcoins will not survive.
StayFly

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:06:06 AM

You are right, nothing wrong with your statement. for sure must people depend on bitcoin, they buy when the price is going up and sell when it is going down. and so, people normally do the same for altcoins. they buy when bitcoin is up and dump when it is going down. Maybe in the future altcoins will be strong enough to stand on their own even when bitcoin is going down.
GloriousDonkey52

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:14:38 AM

You are right, nothing wrong with your statement. for sure must people depend on bitcoin, they buy when the price is going up and sell when it is going down. and so, people normally do the same for altcoins. they buy when bitcoin is up and dump when it is going down. Maybe in the future altcoins will be strong enough to stand on their own even when bitcoin is going down.

I don't think it will happen in the near future. No other altcoins will have the opportunity to do that. Its simply without the head the body will be useless.
Halcyon Days

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:16:54 AM

Currently, the price of all Altcoins are highly dependent on the BTC price, meaning if BTC drops significantly, all Altcoins will drop, too.
However, the BTC domination is as low as ever. Thus, a lot of money is flowing from BTC to Altcoins and the significance of altcoins is increasing.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
GloriousDonkey52

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:26:56 AM

Currently, the price of all Altcoins are highly dependent on the BTC price, meaning if BTC drops significantly, all Altcoins will drop, too.
However, the BTC domination is as low as ever. Thus, a lot of money is flowing from BTC to Altcoins and the significance of altcoins is increasing.

Yeah, correct. It is because BTC is not suitable for small transactions. BTC has been encountering problems right now, like high fees and slow transaction process.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:29:58 AM

I think altcoins will never known without bitcoin because its all started with bitcoin it is all mother of all altcoin ehich this is the way to buy them you can buy altcoin now with money insttantly however you will be the best thing of that earning them thru campaign too mostly they’re advetising the altcoins now in social medias.
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:30:56 AM

In my opinion till now bitcoin is the base currency for all altcoins I agree somehow with your statement if bitcoin crashes so it would affect most of the altcoins as well. But I see no reason of bitcoin crashing, if bitcoin stable I noticed altcoin rises most of the time in that period. I think without bitcoin altcoin will have no future too as I analyse.
As of now we  can say  Bitcoin has a direct effect to altcoins because  alt coins value will be converted first to Bitcoin before we change it to fiat money, but time will come that crypto currency will be independent to bitcoin and be reconized the same as bitcoin because investors will try to look for a new coins to compete with bitcoin.

Gens09

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:33:13 AM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.
Now BTC is rising again and so are the altcoins.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

Is my statement just nonsense or can it be correct?

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.
Ofcourse we already see the future of bitcoin we can see the incresing price of bitcoin in the market means that the bitcoin really have a great potential and can be a main currency in the whole globe.Bitcoin is already around since 2009 so i guess bitcoin will continue its journey up to 100000$ but still we cant risk all of our money in a investment like this because it is just like a stock market because every day the price of bitcoin could go down to zero.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:39:48 AM

If bitcoin will ever disappear other coin will take it's place, the place of the most expansive coin which will be an orient for the price of others.
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:42:27 AM

I think if bitcoin crashes most of the altcoins crashes too but there would be some altcoins that would probably stay but of course the price would most likely drop down.
terzy

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:49:07 AM

Some of altcoin will survive for sure because they have potential to grow in future! But I doubt that bitcoin can ever crash and I really believe that Bitcoin will reach $20k again soon and will rise even higher in the future!
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:58:27 AM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.

The price movement of Bitcoin has been of great concern to those who actually joined in recently. The altcoins do have a relative association in Bitcoin price movement and also with ethereum in some cases on exchanges. It will definitely not have effect on some altcoins which will have their own drive from developers or marketing/advertising strength. So, growth of altcoin is also dependent on individual prowess. In all, I do anticipate growth of some of the major altcoins especially the new ones.
GloriousDonkey52

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:59:14 AM

Some of altcoin will survive for sure because they have potential to grow in future! But I doubt that bitcoin can ever crash and I really believe that Bitcoin will reach $20k again soon and will rise even higher in the future!

Do think they could possible survive? No matter how many potentials they have. When bitcoins crashes, it will lead altcoins to crash too.
konfuci

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:12:26 PM

In Cryptocurrency market everything is unpredictable. Bitcoin can crash but it will never go to zero.
Altcoin is maintaining it's strong place so, if bitcoin will never zero then altcoin will never go low but our focus should be we should support  Altcoin and other cryptocurrencies
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:23:15 PM

There's no life without air, such a way there's no cryptocurrency without Bitcoin. However, Bitcoin never and ever drop below the margin. If it falls it would bounce back to where it was or more than that. As stated bitcoin would exists until cryptocurrency is there and in a similar way altcoins as well. Bitcoin is the mother of all altcoins and it would never stop or vanish at any point of time until for another 100 years. Somewhere bitcoin may fall like last week's drop but that is due to correction happened, need not panic on that.
zais

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:09:44 PM

Hello!

altcoin runs on its own rails .. i'm sure altcoin is not totally dependent on bitcoin if altcoin depends on bitcoin ... and if bitcoin die then all will die
HarleyQuinn9876

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:18:14 PM

Hello!

Bitcoins have a huge impact on altcoins. The price of bitcoin decreases, leading to lower prices for altcoins. But I still believe that the bitcoin and other altcoins will grow and develop well again. If bitcoin is dead, maybe another currency will replace it

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Dexion

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:22:04 PM

I think if bitcoin does not exist, then the crypto world will not die. the crypto world is not just bitcoin. I think if the supplies of bitcoin run out, then everyone will move to another altcoin, ETH, BCH, DASH, and others.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: