Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:01:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of altcoins without Bitcoin  (Read 2316 times)
garybyerz

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:36:30 PM

Don't think because altcoins are being traded or compared with bitcoin then it mean if bitcoin dies altcoins too will die, i don't see this happen, assuming dollars dies does it mean that other fiat currencies that are been compared to dollar will die also? there will always be an alternative. Surety bitcoin will not die same as altcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sarul
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:47:20 PM

I don't think what happen in altcoin without bitcoin,because bitcoin is the king of crypto currency and as far as I know we need bitcoin everytime we change our altcoin into local currency ( correct me if I'm wrong).
I think, if just for changing an altcoins it could be replaced by ethereum as 2nd preferensi. Because it looks like ethereum has potential for that. Not all local exchange that need to change an altcoins to btc first before become local currency, My local exchange vip.bitcoin.co.id has it, but certainly not for all altcoins.
jawatulen

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:01:06 PM

if this happend, Altcoins will have no value anymore
because most of altcoin value in USD is depends on Altcoins value in BTC
and i hope this will never happend mate  Wink
dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 11:18:20 PM

this is only temporary bro ,, i say that your statement is nonsense. I still believe that the bitcoin and other altcoins will grow and develop well again. I have analyzed and studied the development of bitcoin.
I know this is only temporary.
And I really believe that Bitcoin will reach $ 20000 again soon and will rise even higher in the future.

But when it crashes in 2, 5 or 15? years, then maybe the altcoins will die too.
Because they seem to move together with the way BTC goes up and down.

Can you tell me how you analized and studied the development Bitcoin? What's your conclusion?

Thanks!

I do not think so, Bitcoin and altcoins are different not every moment Bitcoin drops altcoins drop too. What some might do was when Bitcoin drops some altcoin holder sell there coin and buy Bitcoin because they think a good moment to invest Bitcoin while it is low value.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:33:51 PM

Bitcoin hold a very important rules for the alt coin, bitcoin is the one that glued all the alt coin, if bitcoin fall to a crash, there will be an impact to the alt coin, but alt coin and bitcoin could walk in different path, if let say bitcoin keep on crashing, people still can find other coin to invest and that can caused certain alt coin to rise and possibility to replace bitcoin place, so as long as people still interested in crypto, crypto will never die
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:39:07 PM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.
Now BTC is rising again and so are the altcoins.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

Is my statement just nonsense or can it be correct?

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.

For my opinion without Bitcoin altcoins are useless the reason why is because before you can use altcoins convert into Bitcoin and convert Bitcoin into the fiat money.
This scenario showing bitcoin are most important coin in the world of cryptocurrency using volatile internet connection.

mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:06:00 AM

Bitcoin hold a very important rules for the alt coin, bitcoin is the one that glued all the alt coin, if bitcoin fall to a crash, there will be an impact to the alt coin, but alt coin and bitcoin could walk in different path, if let say bitcoin keep on crashing, people still can find other coin to invest and that can caused certain alt coin to rise and possibility to replace bitcoin place, so as long as people still interested in crypto, crypto will never die. For my opinion without Bitcoin altcoins are useless the reason why is because before you can use altcoins convert into Bitcoin and convert Bitcoin into the fiat money. This scenario showing bitcoin are most important coin in the world of cryptocurrency using volatile internet connection.
What ? Damn, bro. I cannot imagine what will happen with Altcoins if Bitcoin disappear. As far as I know, all Altcoin's price is influenced by the price of Bitcoin. If the price of Bitcoin goes down, I think the price of most Altcoin will also go down. If Bitcoin goes up, I think the price of most Altcoin will go up as well. But the rise and fall in the price of Bitcoin-affected Altcoin is erratic and not always the same. It could be the decline and the price increase many times over. In accordance with market conditions and news. There are cases where the Bitcoin price rises, but the price of a cryptocurrency drops dramatically. It all depends on ICO people and managers.
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:11:33 AM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.

Go up and down is normal scen so why it can make crypto currency die? I am not sure about that.
I know the correction of bitcoin this time is very dip but it will recover soon for sure.
Soke

Activity: 101
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:13:48 AM

Altcoins are traded in pair with bitcoin so if bitcoin decreases in value, it is natural to see the value of the altcoin drop also. 
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:23:30 AM

this is only temporary bro ,, i say that your statement is nonsense. I still believe that the bitcoin and other altcoins will grow and develop well again. I have analyzed and studied the development of bitcoin.

Yes, this is temporary and it will be growing up soon.
Regarding the the altcoin without bitcoin, i think etherium will take over to replace bitcoin and other altcoin which is remain good will stay alive
topkhai

Activity: 351
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:54:32 AM

anything can happen in the world of cryptocurrency. my opinion, not all affected altcoins are still there that survive.
you need to know the increase or decrease bitcoin that is affected by market demand so you don't have to worry the world of cryptocurrency will not die because there are still many requests for it.
Sidiq SP

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:28:59 AM

I think your opinion is true, if btc goes down and then strikes not back up, can be sure if altcoin will also experience the same thing, strike and will not go up, but you need to know that every beginning of new year, btc and altcoin other must have decreased drastically, then do not worry if you've monitored the price of the year before
xiaoyum

Activity: 266

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:31:08 AM

We still need bitcoin to force markets grow in current situation. Yeah its bit lame that there are 1000s other fruits in the basket but bitcoin is different than other 99 as their father.
I don't think markets die after btc crash anyways.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Vukimenguns

Activity: 44
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:00:12 AM

Hello!

But they will remain so people will start investing more in alts, which means that the price will go up and everything will stabilize again, and maybe even better.
nastaverba

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:31:22 AM

It is very possible that in case bitcoin falls, a new alt as ETH takes its place.(Only if Bitcoin falls and not cryptocurrencies in general)  Wink
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:21:07 AM

As what U have observed in the market, Altcoins usually goes up when the Bitcoin goes down. Therefore, the future of Altcoins without Bitcoin is something bigger but there are a lot of Altcoins available so the price would might not be bigger than Bitcoin.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:10:28 AM

I think there will be not too much demand on alternative coins if there is no bitcoin. The whole cryptocurrency is being known by the public because of the excellence of bitcoin in the world trade market.
Therefore there is no altcoin if the bitcoin was not created.
Manuj

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:01:04 AM
Merited by jashley (1)

Hello!

There will be a 50:50 possibility that the altcoin world will be crashing if Bitcoin will die. This far, cryptocurrency is still represented by Bitcoin to a significant extent. The face of Bitcoin is still the face of cryptocurrency. If Bitcoin will die, the altcoins might also go with it. However, in the possibility that other cryptos will be able to survive, they will definitely have to start from zero and start to gain back their damaged reputation.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:22:27 AM

I know this is only temporary.
And I really believe that Bitcoin will reach $ 20000 again soon and will rise even higher in the future.

But when it crashes in 2, 5 or 15? years, then maybe the altcoins will die too.
Because they seem to move together with the way BTC goes up and down.

Can you tell me how you analized and studied the development Bitcoin? What's your conclusion?

Thanks!
before that time comes.i believe that more altcoins are stablished already and have enough power to stand even without bitcoin..because all coins are created differently,with their own specialization..every project is different from another(though theres some copycat also but not considereds one of)by than i see future of alts are not the future of bitcoin and vice versa.. better be ready and together with all your altcoin .we cant predict what will happen for the next 5 years or so
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 07:54:49 AM

LONG AGO many alts pegged their values to BTC as only BTC can be converted into fiats, but the market has definitely changed now, the downfall of BTC to 0 would only happen when another coin had successfully took over its position to lets say BCC or ETH, and your alts would adjust accordingly cause i believe cryptocurrency never dies, the strong would always survive.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: