Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:36:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of altcoins without Bitcoin  (Read 2315 times)
vanderveld

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:48:20 AM

I'm not an expert observer, so as an amateur observer I think altcoin can't survive without bitcoin. As we know so far, bitcoin fluctuations greatly affect the altcoin fluctuation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 04:49:42 AM

At this point in time, Bitcoin is still reign supreme in the market, the majority of the altcoins depends on the price of Bitcoin, until a new cryptocurrency emerges that could challenge bitcoin, everytime bitcoin crash so are the majority of the altcoins.

brylle34

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:18:34 AM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.
Now BTC is rising again and so are the altcoins.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

Is my statement just nonsense or can it be correct?

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.

what Actually happened if you will look at the value of bitcoin dec 2016 the price of it is $610. if you invest on that time, this what you called dropped is not what you think its like, its not gonna crush and it actually has a high value. it dropped because traders sell their btc because they hit their profit or target, and i think the cause of FUD is also the people who sold their btc when on its peak, and the people who are weak investors sold their btc on that time, for them(the top btc holdres) to buy lower btc.
followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:08:51 AM

It is very hard to expect anything with crypto markets. So dying of altcoins or even bitcoin is possible. But I think there are many altcoins that may survive without bitcoin, first one will be ethereum.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:15:31 AM

I am sure that one day one or more alts will replace Bitcoin as the king of cryptos. But that doesn't necessarily have to mean that the market cap of all alts will go down. If the new leading currencies come with a better technology and solution for problems (e.g. private payment, better exchange between FIAT and cryptos), it can make the whole market skyrocket while Bitcoin will decrease more and more in value. But this is of course a possible scenario of the future.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:28:12 PM

it will be a liberation.
without bitcoin the other alts will be much better
And based on what? Most altcoins are nothing without bitcoin and it is safe to assume most altcoins will never see the light of day if bitcoin was not around attracting new investors, most people begin their investment career in cryptocurrencies investing in bitcoin and then they switch to alts so in my opinion you are mistaken most alts will go to zero if bitcoin disappeared.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:41:47 PM

Bitcoin seems to be the foundation of all the crypto coins. It seems like the Gold bar in the fiat industry. Bank cant print without Gold reserve. It seems like that is Crypto world that bitcoin creates a way to be the base of the crypto world. Many Alts in my opinion can stand alone without bitcoin as they can survive as long as people is willing to use their platform. 

You're definitely correct, most altcoins relying the performance of bitcoin. Though, there are some will survived which will depend the demand of the users of the particular ICO projects. Regarding on that, I don't think its gonna be easy since the bitcoin is the dominant crypto which still increase and decreases as of this time.
the future of Altcoins cam be much harder to survive if bitcoin die suddenly in the future, however it will not an end for all Altcoins, they will only be effected when the price drop and surely Altcoins on the top will encrease their value in the future, the market will keep existing without bitcoin.
Keep in mind if you are someone who often see the development of bitcoin and altcoin prices have certainly you will not give an opinion like this. Because what happens if the bitcoin price goes down then with automatically altcoin prices will go down as well. This indicates that bitcoin has a strong power over in the world of cryptocurrency. And I think altcoin will not exist if the bitcoin dies, though to forecast dead bitcoin it will be difficult to happen.
devollito

Activity: 560
Merit: 217

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:29:20 AM

Altcoin without bitcoin have no futures since bitcoin is a gold in digital currencies and another altcoin is like stock and fiat money in country. Token is like stock in real live. So when gold have no value then fiat also has no value. If bitcoin death probably and i am pretty sure another altcoin will be death. People who is new to cryptocurrencies must know bitcoin first begore altcoin.
think3214

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:58:04 AM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.
I think if Bitcoin is in trouble then maybe all the altcoin will be in the same situation. The crypto market works together on the same platform. Actual time has seen, if the BTC discount, accompanied by the altcoin also fell. As prices rise, other altcoin prices also increase. But in 2018, the crypto market will explode.
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:14:33 PM

i believe altcoins will be surviving even though bitcoin will collapse, since the altcoins are those tokens who are really implying big businesses.  I know bitcoin has really a good stand when it comes to marketcap but who knows what will be happening in the market. all of a sudden a coin will rise and drop which is not rare when it comes to crypto. I believe those days will be coming but it may take a long time because bitcoin as of now has a very good foundation.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:20:14 PM

It is very hard to expect anything with crypto markets. So dying of altcoins or even bitcoin is possible. But I think there are many altcoins that may survive without bitcoin, first one will be ethereum.

Of course, altcoins can survive without bitcoin. Only if people or investors behave when bitcoin starts dying. If they start to withdraw money from the market, altcoins may not survive.

desfira

Activity: 392
Merit: 14

CLEVERBOUNTY

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:54:32 AM

Hello!

I am slightly different opinion with you, it is the first crypto bitcoin merupan born in the digital world.
and followed by other altcoins.
if the bitcoin dies then altcoin is not necessarily dead, because the bitcoin and altcoin stand alone.
but I'm sure bitcoin will always be an idol and always live

CLEVER BOUNTY
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:47:04 AM

Good question! Nobody can predict the exact future. We are investing in BTC because we are confident that it has potential to grow and maintain good value. Who knows if war takes place and infra structures go broken? We can not imagine what the effect will be like.
Bitcoin is the mother of all crypto currencies. People trust this crypto coin more than any other and found it more potential as compare to all altcoins.

If it will come to an end, definitely, no body is going to trust any other crypto coin. The survival of altcoins depend upon bitcoin somehow because bitcoin is the foundation of digital market. But the point is, bitcoin will never die so there is no use of wasting time over such things.
This is my stance as well, if bitcoin were to fail I will quit cryptocurrencies for good, not only because most of my money is in bitcoin but because if bitcoin cannot succeed then I find very difficult to believe any other coin will be able to get bitcoin place and perform a better job, after all most of the coins are based on bitcoin technology so if something makes bitcoin disappear it is very likely it will make alts disappear as well.
dyline

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:41:34 AM

Cryptocurrency launcher Bitcoin.Cryptomarket is calculated by Bitcoin.I think there is no cryptomarket without Bitcoin. If an altcoin destroy  there is another altcoin coming back.If Bitcoin is destroyed, the cryptomarket will slowly begin to erase.
wong tsu gieh

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:42:26 AM

without a bitcoin can be said to be altcoin will not reach such a value at this time. This is because bitcoin is a reference or benchmark prices of all altcoin, therefore the development of the altcoin will be slow without a bitcoin is always evolving the better.
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:10:08 AM

Without Bitcoin it is not possible to survive in the market, altcoin are so popular because if Bitcoin. We have to consider Bitcoin for another 20 years and altcoins will survive in the market.
Clavulanic

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:20:38 AM

Good question! Nobody can predict the exact future. We are investing in BTC because we are confident that it has potential to grow and maintain good value. Who knows if war takes place and infra structures go broken? We can not imagine what the effect will be like.
Bitcoin is the mother of all crypto currencies. People trust this crypto coin more than any other and found it more potential as compare to all altcoins.

If it will come to an end, definitely, no body is going to trust any other crypto coin. The survival of altcoins depend upon bitcoin somehow because bitcoin is the foundation of digital market. But the point is, bitcoin will never die so there is no use of wasting time over such things.
This is my stance as well, if bitcoin were to fail I will quit cryptocurrencies for good, not only because most of my money is in bitcoin but because if bitcoin cannot succeed then I find very difficult to believe any other coin will be able to get bitcoin place and perform a better job, after all most of the coins are based on bitcoin technology so if something makes bitcoin disappear it is very likely it will make alts disappear as well.
If that would happen mate, I think the other top rising currency in digital currency might be able to withstand against the crypto exchanges. One example of that is ethereum, its now following the path of bitcoin and as I've seen it for the past two years being involved with crypto currency bitcoin and other alts the situations was promising. More eth contracts coins were now exchanging ethereum for good and possible if bitcoin fails this would be the next market of the future of cryptocurrency.

██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Appreciate Coin
Send and receive tokens
in blogs and social
media communities
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▄████ ███ █████ ███ ████▄
▄█████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
██████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀██████
██████ ███ █████ ███ ██████
██████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄██████
▀█████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀█████▀
▀████ ███ █████ ███ ████▀
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NO
INFLATION

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀▀███████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀████▄
▄████  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄██▀     ▀██▄  █████
████  ████  ███  ████  ████
████▄  ▀██▄     ▄██▀  █████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TECHNICAL
INTEGRATIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀██████████▄
▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀████████▄
█████████▄▄█▌ ▐█▄▄█████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
▀███████████▌ ▐███████████▀
▀██████████▌ ▐██████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GROWING
USE CASES

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████▀   ▀████████▄
▄████▀     ▄▄▄     ▀████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄███████▀▀██▄  ▀████
████  ████  ▀▀  ▄████  ████
████▄  ▀███▄  ▄████▀  ▄████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████▄     ▀▀▀     ▄████▀
▀████████▄   ▄████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EASE OF
CRYPTO TRADING

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
BinManR

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:37:40 AM

without a bitcoin can be said to be altcoin will not reach such a value at this time. This is because bitcoin is a reference or benchmark prices of all altcoin, therefore the development of the altcoin will be slow without a bitcoin is always evolving the better.
Yes. I agree. Bitcoin has attracted a lot of investors over the years. Perhaps the stock market recession has dragged investors to dump resources into the cryptocurrency market. Especially bitcoin. No one can denied it. Bitcoin is very important in the development of cryptocurrency. The future may be another sky. ETH, NEO, LTC all have positive competition. May be the next version of bitcoin. We can expect that in the near future.
mix max

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:40:57 AM

the future of altcoin without bitcoin will nearly equal to the future of a child without a mother. bitcoin is a reference price for altcoin, so the possibility of small altcoin will have a bright future without bitcoin.
the_viper

Activity: 315
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:19:45 AM

The beginning of altcoin without bitcoin would be very hard. I believe it. It might crash for a long time that we can not predict.
When the time goes on, we will know that altcoin can survive without bitcoin. Bitcoin is not the only one choice of cryptocurrency.
But one question, where will bitcoin goes? Hell? I don't think bitcoin will die.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: