Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:51:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of altcoins without Bitcoin  (Read 2316 times)
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:18:05 PM

I guess without bitcoin altcoin will die also,remember that bitcoin is the mother of all currency.Altcoins are dependent on bitcoin and relating to the market they are always affected when it goes down and goes up.
Nevzat

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:30:50 PM

It's a fact bitcoin is effecting alt coins heavily and it won't change any time soon. Reason behind this is people use bitcoin as a safe house. What i am trying to say is if bitcoin keeps on falling for a long time which is not very possible , it will stop effecting alt coins after some point.

TonyFat

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 02:59:25 PM

not all altcoins depend on bitcoin, some price depends on the success of the project, but bitcoin falls and grows, but at the bottom it does not remain

..WOWSECRET..
Innovative Content Platform
..WOWCOINTWITTERTELEGRAM..
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:29:21 AM

Good question! Nobody can predict the exact future. We are investing in BTC because we are confident that it has potential to grow and maintain good value. Who knows if war takes place and infra structures go broken? We can not imagine what the effect will be like.
Bitcoin is the mother of all crypto currencies. People trust this crypto coin more than any other and found it more potential as compare to all altcoins.

If it will come to an end, definitely, no body is going to trust any other crypto coin. The survival of altcoins depend upon bitcoin somehow because bitcoin is the foundation of digital market. But the point is, bitcoin will never die so there is no use of wasting time over such things.
This is my stance as well, if bitcoin were to fail I will quit cryptocurrencies for good, not only because most of my money is in bitcoin but because if bitcoin cannot succeed then I find very difficult to believe any other coin will be able to get bitcoin place and perform a better job, after all most of the coins are based on bitcoin technology so if something makes bitcoin disappear it is very likely it will make alts disappear as well.
If that would happen mate, I think the other top rising currency in digital currency might be able to withstand against the crypto exchanges. One example of that is ethereum, its now following the path of bitcoin and as I've seen it for the past two years being involved with crypto currency bitcoin and other alts the situations was promising. More eth contracts coins were now exchanging ethereum for good and possible if bitcoin fails this would be the next market of the future of cryptocurrency.
No, bitcoin cannot fail just because, there needs to be a reason and the most likely scenario is some vulnerability or exploit in the code, if this happened to bitcoin it is safe to assume most coins will be susceptible to the same attack and only a few coins will survive, if you think that the crash we saw recently was a blood bath what I describe will be many times worse.
atamism

Activity: 464
Merit: 11

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:13:37 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 05:24:09 AM by atamism

I don't know about this. Is that even possible? How will I convert my alts into money without converting it to bitcoin? For now, we don't have a way in our country. The only way is alts to btc and then converted into cash. That is why btc is so powerful, in order for alts to be converted into money, they need to be in btc first. IThere should be a way of converting altcoins into money without relying on bitcoin. Otherwise, the topic above will never be possible.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ B I O K R I P T ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Ultra-Fast Crypto Exchange on Solana Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kasbon

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 07:42:28 AM

without the bitcoin then altcoin will not rise so far. altcoin can continue to soar because it follows the price of their underlying bitcoin who also experienced a price increase is very tremendous.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:03:47 AM

Bitcoin did not need any altcoins to survive but cryptocurrencies need bitcoin to survive! I don't think altcoins will survive without bitcoin as bitcoin survive as a central bank to most of them if not all.  We are having some of the coins has a free ride now because of the way bitcoin has clear the part from beginning and most of the problem bitcoin has is what there are leverage on now.
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:43:16 AM

I believe in the future of the altcoins without bitcoin. If BTC now die, then the world of crypto-currency will lose its main hype and reputation. With time, the actual projects are integrate into the real economy and the altcoins will rise.
But in order not to have a long bottom, the BTC must still a long time to be the first.

semarmesem195

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:03:41 AM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.
Now BTC is rising again and so are the altcoins.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

Is my statement just nonsense or can it be correct?

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.

Bitcoin and altcoin are indeed part of cryptocurrency, but all coins in crypto have full control for their own development. Bitcoin itself is the same as the Dollar that is the benchmark of all currencies in the world (international currency) so that although bitcoin dies, i think that cryptocurrency especially altcoins will continue to live, only that the standard for the whole crypto, changes from bitcoin to other coins.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Jraf95

Activity: 170
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:44:09 AM

It can't happen we already have btc and the possible now is the authorization in all country like bitcoin is a currency that can call international digital money like international language "ENGLISH".and still even bitcoin will gone altcoin value is still there because it's like btc also the only difference in altcoin and bitcoin are the exchanger of btc to fiat and the transaction.
Well possibly the the altcoin would stand if there is one alt that can support for all like bitcoin did. But to think bitcoin is for the future come for the progress of all who had sacrifice to be more sourceful in future.  Bitcoin can stand for life as long as people would help. Even user to reach out the bitcoin in whole world so that it will make one of the digital currency who can make lot of people be successful
micheal wang

Activity: 212
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:03:12 AM

I believe in the future of the altcoins without bitcoin. If BTC now die, then the world of crypto-currency will lose its main hype and reputation. With time, the actual projects are integrate into the real economy and the altcoins will rise.
But in order not to have a long bottom, the BTC must still a long time to be the first.
I don't know why somebody thinking bitcoin will die, or it is not worth it. Bitcoin is the first virtual currency that is successfully accepted and used by humans. So I don't think out bitcoin and altcoin will die, I hope bitcoin and altcoin can be accepted by everyone, all countries and can be used as a tool of transaction.
SPINPIX

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:05:34 AM

The future of the alts without bitcoin is bright, bitcoin was the first crypto and created a new world it now there are some alts that are better than it and can take his place

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
Masziv

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:43:56 PM

I think that if bitcoin dies, that's because something better takes it's place. Coins will come and go, but the crypto technology will never die IMO. Yes alts follow bitcoin right now, and that's very logical considering bitcoin was first. It's logical to assume that bitcoin either gets updated and this trend continues or something else will take it's place in the future.
Rida Zafar

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:36:58 PM

anything  can happen in this world but bitcoin will never die. bitcoin has a bright future.
toxic0n

Activity: 413

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:33:51 PM

It can't occur we as of now have btc and the conceivable now is the approval in all nation like bitcoin is a cash that can call universal advanced cash like global dialect "ENGLISH".and still even bitcoin will gone altcoin esteem is still there in light of the fact that it resembles btc additionally the main contrast in altcoin and bitcoin are the exchanger of btc to fiat and the exchange.
ForeverFener

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:56:06 PM

subcoins are dependent to bitcoin or etherum. if bitcoin was not be all altcoins will be garbage. therefore all coins are dependent to bitcoin.
bestr17

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:30:24 PM

of course, we all see that all markets are red and there are some fears of getting down more and more in the following days. but on the other hand, no one can ignore that bitcoin is the leader of all the crypto market, so if it down the whole market will go down as well, so it is too hard to believe that it will die that easy
and the major investors of it will not allow this to happen.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:42:34 PM

This type of thinking about Bitcoin has been persisted since the inception of this emerging coin and so for the Altcoin now. But guys you note it that it has already gone 10 years that Bitcoin grows Millionth of time from a mere penny to highest $20,000. So, guys don't get panic and hold your asset till the end result. Because day by day whole world is going for complete digital.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:18:36 PM

At the moment altcoins are traded mostly against bitcoin and are completely depend on its movement. But I think that soon this dependence will weaken. Large altcoins will become more independent from BTC.

ilnick

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:50:03 PM

When the projects of altcoins will massively profitable, then only they will not be dependent on bitcoin. Only an effectively operating digital world with secured assets will be self-sufficient. But we have a bubble with expectations still.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: