Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:17:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of altcoins without Bitcoin  (Read 2316 times)
Sobol101

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:27:28 PM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.
Now BTC is rising again and so are the altcoins.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

Is my statement just nonsense or can it be correct?

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.
these are two things is either, altcoin supersedes bitcoin or bitcoin supersedes altcoins. whatever an individual will say now is bascially speculation based on the previous trend in the crypto world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:31:19 PM

Almost all altcoins rely on bitcoin when it comes to the price so I think its very important that bitcoin should always be on the game. As we can see whenever bitcoin goes up or down the altcoins gets affected so it means that without bitcoin altcoins wont survive because people will think that crypto will end if bitcoin wont be that valauble tonpeople anymore.

Many people would love to see the day that altcoins aren't so reliant on bitcoin's success or failure. I know I would. I hope that will happen in the future because there are so many promising projects out there that get slammed hard when bitcoin dips.
xlm19877

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:03:45 PM

I figure NEO and ETH will beat BTC later on. Two potential coin and numerous individuals engaged with contributing. They have exceptional Blockchain innovation. Low exchange costs, quick exchange time. Those are their essential focal points over BTC.
Job7work

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:13:30 PM

I think bitcoin or altcoin will continue to grow and there is no death, the more advanced digital technology then the crypto currency will continue to exist, because bitcoin and altcoin is the first digital currency that simplify the transaction
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:16:38 PM

to my opinion, in the future a world without bitcoin will be nothing different, i know that BTC is the first cryptocurrency was born on this world and it has taken the lead for many years, but in the future, when we need more advanced cryptos that can be more useful to lead the market, so BTC will have to give in other new altcoins, it may be little chaos if btc dropped but i think the market will soon recover.
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:20:47 PM

There is no future if we omit Bitcoin since Bitcoin is the king or mother of crypto currency market, the concept of blockchain technology and the decentralization has been introduced by Bitcoin and all the altcoins follow the same concept. No one can imagine a world of cryto currency without Bitcoin, it is one of the trend setter for all altcoins in terms of price and market cap with other things included.
crypto1nvest

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:19:08 PM

There is no future if we omit Bitcoin since Bitcoin is the king or mother of cryptocurrency market, the concept of blockchain technology and the decentralization has been introduced by Bitcoin and all the altcoins follow the same concept. No one can imagine a world of crypto currency without Bitcoin, it is one of the trend setter for all altcoins in terms of price and market cap with other things included.
I agree with you. There is no future for alts without bitcoin, bitcoin work like the measure of trust and value into the industry of cryptocurrency. If bitcoin will collapse the whole market will go down.
NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:26:26 PM

As for me, alts with every year become more and more independent and mature. Just check the BTC dominance % - it's gradually decreasing with time.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
CoinSlayer

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:09:28 PM

I don't know about you guys but i really think that altcoins can't survive without bitcoin, I think (which i can be wrong) that the Bitcoin is the foundation of all cryptocurrency, after all its where it all started and if you remove it, you will shake down the cryptocurrency world to its core and all will fall.
cakmabokgot

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:21:44 PM

altcoins don't have any future at least for the next couple of years if bitcoin doesnt survive. The only thing that will change the game can be another coin having the same market cap with bitcoin. Or an alternative bitcoin to grow and pass it.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:54:11 PM

Almost all altcoins rely on bitcoin when it comes to the price so I think its very important that bitcoin should always be on the game. As we can see whenever bitcoin goes up or down the altcoins gets affected so it means that without bitcoin altcoins wont survive because people will think that crypto will end if bitcoin wont be that valauble tonpeople anymore.

Man, probably the day when Bitcoin will be out of the game will come, and Ethereum will replace it on the market. I suppose the other alts will survive then.
stromae

Activity: 309

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:56:57 PM

Man, probably the day when Bitcoin will be out of the game will come, and Ethereum will replace it on the market. I suppose the other alts will survive then.

Bitcoin importantly dominates the market and it's hard to imagine a future without bitcoin for altcoins.

Altcoins need bitcoin, bitcoin needs altcoins, this is a mutual relationship honestly. One is good for the other, always.
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:59:57 AM

you are right and maybe if bitcoin does not exist, there will be other coins that will replace bitcoin as the leader but this is too difficult because that coins need to have a function like bitcoin because that coins will be like an adjusting for the other coins. and the bad scenarios, if bitcoin does not exist, is the cryptocurrency will disappear and I think it will replace with other technologies because I am sure that the new technologies will come out among us.
Generally, there is no direct relationship in between bitcoin and the altcoins because the nature of both crypto coins is entirely different and that there is nothing common in between both the coins. Even then, if there comes a situation when there will be no bitcoin in this world, then this will create a lot of difficulties for the ones who are investing in different altcoins as the market will fall significantly.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:22:12 AM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.
Now BTC is rising again and so are the altcoins.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

Is my statement just nonsense or can it be correct?

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.
Can not imagine what if altcoin without Bitcoin, like a chicken without a mother. But in my opinion all will be back setabil, altcoin and Bitcoin will always coexist until later in the future.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:29:33 AM

the future of altcoin will still be bright without bitcoin , why ? Because altcoin is somehow different from bitcoin due to the fact that alts do also have their own blockchain and market. infact altcoins are more indemand than bitcoin alone because alts were too cheap and verry light weight which means that it can be the best suitable coins for the traders , in the meanwhile bitcoin is also good when it comes to payment purpose and investment alternative as well.

i guess the better and  real question would be, "what will be the future of cryptos if there arent any people will support them" .  For sure all cryptos will probably drop their prices below zero and they could all become obsolete.
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:39:37 AM

If Eth take over future of Altcoins with put bitcoin then we can expect new growth in market and Neo also have similar potential of Eth  . Eth and Neo both have equal opportunities for Bitcointalk replacement
babarian

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:50:00 AM

I think that will be fine, some altcoins that use smart contract ERC-20 are not dependent on bitcoin, and the altcoin will survive in the absence of bitcoin
francedeni

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:42:30 PM

I think that will be fine, some altcoins that use smart contract ERC-20 are not dependent on bitcoin, and the altcoin will survive in the absence of bitcoin
Some altcoins will continues the existence and some are not. But not all can survive without bitcoin so I think bitcoin is good and we can say that altcoins future correlated with bitcoin. We don't know the future but we expect that should be it's future will be bright with bitcoin.
thornTorn

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:23:45 PM

I believe that in the future some alkoins will be completely lost. many will lose their importance and value. maybe even bitcoin will not be needed, its place will be taken by the ether. or coins will be spoiled to the dollar.
Aragorn_125

Activity: 448

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:37:00 PM

Well, the cryptocurrency is still composed of bitcoin, it is the most famous coin, for example, which the whole world knows is possible, so it is impossible to think that it will be without bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: