Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:10:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky?  (Read 7671 times)
bato323

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:44:08 AM

I guess if you invest just one coin or Bitcoin Ethereum were probably very safe. And certainly, an asset of your coins will continue to evolve even can benefit greatly. But this process is very long because you have to keep your coins for the long term. If you do trade short term would certainly be more difficult to earn a profit.
That is a good suggest, but it's hard for a little investor. Because with 500$, and you just hold BCT, and ETH, it don't help you make a huge profit.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:01:25 PM

I guess if you invest just one coin or Bitcoin Ethereum were probably very safe. And certainly, an asset of your coins will continue to evolve even can benefit greatly. But this process is very long because you have to keep your coins for the long term. If you do trade short term would certainly be more difficult to earn a profit.
That is a good suggest, but it's hard for a little investor. Because with 500$, and you just hold BCT, and ETH, it don't help you make a huge profit.

Probably if you're still at a stage where you're building up your portfolio. If you're just starting and don't have that much capital yet, it's ok to go with a trusted alt.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
JaxxBoll

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:20:37 PM

That is so. Investing in low-value latcoins will be more profitable if it is thriving. Those low value coins like XRP, XVG are low value coins but I find the platform quite good
loveblack
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:41:08 PM

You won't take risks . If you can completely manipulate the price of it . if not , u better distract your investment . You can choose some of the top 100 coins. In addition to ripple . It is a centralized coin .
suzuya

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 07:45:52 AM

Yes, it is risky. To avoid that risk, you need to split your money into 3 to 4 different altcoins that has a good potential to success in the future. Now if you have different coins and  it happened that one of it failed, no much worry to encounter the loss because there is still another altcoins fighting for success. It is also impossible that all your altcoins failed if you do some research before you invest.
Offece

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:30:17 AM

Of course, this is unstable if you placed the whole lot on a single asset, higher to diverrsify your cash and try to divide it all on a few exclusive cash, like bitcoin, ethereum, cardano and stellar, the ones are extra than suitable if you are just a novice
Klara_karlovna

Activity: 392
Merit: 70

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:45:30 AM

All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky?

Of course it is a very high risk! What will you do if the price drops to the minimum? There is no guarantee that there will ever be ATH.
Is it possible to put all the eggs in one basket? I would very much like to read the comment of the author of a topic from the current date
byzodiac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:48:26 AM

If something happen to this project for example hacker can hack them or something like that, you will lose all money maybe so it is very risky of course, why you a re doing like this investment strategy I dont understand.
acedia

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:57:18 AM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
You're desperate! Grin The first is correct investor not to throw everything in one coin. The second rule: invest the amount that is not a pity to lose.
Clemente18

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:02:29 AM

If the project in goes in top-40 already now, then it is possible to invest all money in it. It is possible to get big profit in the future and risk minimum. If projects aren't included into a top, then it is better to divide money between projects.
Robotbitcoin22

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:03:25 AM

All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky?

Of course it is a very high risk! What will you do if the price drops to the minimum? There is no guarantee that there will ever be ATH.
Is it possible to put all the eggs in one basket? I would very much like to read the comment of the author of a topic from the current date
Investing in cryptocurrency is risky where everyone is not guaranteed their money back. especially if we focus on 1 investment this will be very big risk especially when we focus on 1
Atademir

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:05:02 AM

Of course this is too risky but it depends on your money. If you have 50-100 or 200$. You can take risk and maybe you can will be rich man. I can give example myself. I bought xvg at 95 sats and sell 1500 sats. I was very lucky but after that i did a box for different coins.
Yaminat

Activity: 537

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:34:09 AM

Make a contribution to one coin only if you are the author of the project!)) Or you have insider information from reliable sources that the project is not fraudulent and his team is serious. I hope that the author listened to the unanimous opinion of the forum participants and did not lose his investments!

Killrbit

Activity: 224
Merit: 31

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:50:25 PM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

Well yes it is pretty risky to put all your money into one project, though with 500$ it does become difficult to diversify to much. however despite this you should still divide your money into at least 2-3 tokens for some safety.
Perhaps keep say 30-40% in ether or some other big name ALT that is relatively safe. Perhaps Moenro/Dash/NEO or so. The balance could be kept into a few riskier alts where you could get better returns.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:55:08 PM

Risky or not depends on the altcoin and the company that makes it. For general, it is risky to invest your money into 1 option only, but if that option has potential, great future then why not. But you must know that every investment is risky, no matter how good that investment is. At least, if you choose the right one, though the market is collapsing, you won't worry.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:04:31 PM

Even if you are a small investor, in cryptos it is never safe to put all your money in one coin because of the high volatility. Always put at least 40% in some large cap and a popular coin anyone among the top 5. This helps in hedging the risk because usually the large cap coins can overcome the dumps in long run and can sustain their value. This helps in at least saving the principal amount if trade goes wrong.
ti4c

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:53:09 PM

It's very risky. If you invest all in one altcoin all your eggs will be in one basket, if the market for that coin goes down you will loose your money and when the market for that coin goes up you will be limited to the level of profit that coin yields you but if you diversify your investment your profit ratio will increase and your loss ratio will decrease because their markets will not all be down at the same time. You make profit with some while you wait for the others the gain.
monkito

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:42:40 PM

yes. indeed. It does not bring safety that way. I will never leave all my possessions on a ship. Therefore, diversify the fund to hold three to five coins.
cryptomining

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:49:13 PM

Except for BTC and ETH, all are at risk. If the market is stable right now, we can not trust it.
taktik

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:54:29 PM

Except for BTC and ETH, all are at risk. If the market is stable right now, we can not trust it.
If all the funds that were planned to spend on the crypto currency to invest in one coin, then this is equivalent to Russian roulette. The risk of losing everything is very large. Of course this does not apply to the ETH coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: