Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:37:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you watch the price of your altcoin everyday?  (Read 2096 times)
bytezulu

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:23:20 PM

I use Delta, which is only usable on your phone, to check my portfolio 3 time a day in the morning, noon and evening. I wish I would only do it once a day, but some of these altcoins are just so volatile.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crestella

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:10:50 PM

Yes I am looking altcoin I a day 3 times starting from the morning, noon and night, I see which one deserves to sell and which ones should be on hold first.
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:51:55 PM

During the general fall of the market I almost don't look at the price of the portfolio. I'm a little upset by the fact that my investment portfolio has decreased several times)) I prefer to watch the price when my portfolio grows.
Xxxurrrad

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:59:42 PM

I see the changes in the portfolio through the cryptocompare. Perhaps this is already a habit, I am happy when there are many cases and I can not check which coin has grown and which one is not. But, sometimes it helps, sold coins at the peak and then bought a more cheaper.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
EL-NIDO

Activity: 629
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:08:15 PM

The first thing what I do after I wake up is going to coinmarketcap to check the price of Bitcoin and different Altcoins.
Also I am looking there for the gainers and losers of the last 24 hours and past 7 days. But I am using also cointracking/blockfolio.
coinminter22

Activity: 30
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:09:32 PM

Everyday, I watch the price of the coin that I have bought. But sometimes this could cause FUD or FOMO if the coin pump or dump tremendously. I sold my coins when I saw the price go up, but missed out the huger profit.
I think if you watch the price of your coin everyday, it will put pressure on your emotion.
Some people just buy it and don't think about it, which could be good or bad.
What do you think? Do you watch the price everyday? If not, how often do you watch it?
How do you feel before you watch it?

Yeah pretty much every day
Guryon_master

Activity: 384
Merit: 12

Student Coin

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:35:22 PM

Everyday, I watch the price of the coin that I have bought. But sometimes this could cause FUD or FOMO if the coin pump or dump tremendously. I sold my coins when I saw the price go up, but missed out the huger profit.
I think if you watch the price of your coin everyday, it will put pressure on your emotion.
What do you think? Do you watch the price everyday? If not, how often do you watch it?
I enjoy checking my coin everyday and also update from the telegram but I never panic cause I know holding is a little bit of risk cause we know that anything will happen. I choose to be calm and take the risk than being panic and made regret the loosing of opportunity

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram◂[/center
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:06:49 PM

Watching it everyday will make your head go crazy that's why i just don't open my portfolio but somehow you get a good feeling when you see green even if it's just increasing in a small percentage. That's why i have to control myself when sometimes i saw a red everywhere, it pushes me to sell but thinking of how much investments i put on it, i'd rather hold it in the meantime because this is a normal event in every market.

lunafreya

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:16:57 PM

I always watch my portfolio all day long. Because i have some coins for short term. So ı want to sell them when their prize is up and buy more when prizes are down. It's good to watch when all my coins going up but if they start to decrease i do not look that much for not to be panic or feel bad.
chefbauer

Activity: 171

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:45:54 PM

Mate, why are you looking for a short term in here? Trading, and holding for a long term shoot is always going to be much more profitable than just holding for some days or hours.
This is just my advice, i am just giving you some tips to make more profit  Tongue
I always watch my portfolio all day long. Because i have some coins for short term. So ı want to sell them when their prize is up and buy more when prizes are down. It's good to watch when all my coins going up but if they start to decrease i do not look that much for not to be panic or feel bad.

Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:16:01 PM

First, you are right it will make you emotionAlly unstable and different kinds of emotions could be felt but secondly you dont have any other options. If you wont watch you could lose your chance. You know prices change every minute and if you are not quick enough it could just pass you bye. Just stay cool, if you dont need that bad the money leave it for a better price.

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:19:13 PM

I agree with you, do not watch your price all the time it can be very unhealthy...you need to do something productive instead. You can set an alarm for your when the price hit your target on blockfolio
I agree it can be quite unhealthy mentally to be checking constantly, I am guilty of this and am thinking about weening myself off the constant blockfolio swiping up and down, setting alarms could the best idea.

kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:43:14 PM

The element of surprise is an enticing concept for holders like me (not general, just my personal point of view). Partner it with a sense of excitement makes everything more interesting. I would hold for atleast 3 months with an occasional checking (which is necessary) of once or twice a month for monitoring. I would not do this on a daily basis coz it will defeat my earlier statements.

Minnaja

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:47:02 PM

Yes I am looking altcoin I a day 3 times starting from the morning, noon and night, I see which one deserves to sell and which ones should be on hold first.

I also constantly look at the price of coins in my portfolio. In the crypto currency, you always need to monitor the coin and be able to sell it in time. This is a trader's job and sometimes it is very difficult.

aceptamosbitcoin

Activity: 981
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:54:30 PM

I'm actually trying to NOT see the alt's price in FIAT as much as I can. Because I don't want this information to affect my trading decisions.
d0r10n

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:34:25 PM

Yeah multiple times a day, it's a habit when I'm bored or waiting for something. A bit addictive isn't it?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ░░▓▓ AXE Coin ▓▓░░   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
Masternodes › › ›   ░░▓▓▓▓░░   ‹ ‹ ‹  X11 Algo
DecentralizedACTIVE GITHUBAnonymous
WarrenShitcoinBuffett

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:06:51 AM

Watching the price of your coins every day is a really bad habit, trust me on this.
I had over 3,000,000 XEM and 40,000 XMR years ago, and if I just held them and didn't dump I would be retired today.
Worst thing you can do is stare at charts, it makes you doubt your decision making abilities.
East2011

Activity: 454

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:11:23 AM

Ofcourse, everyday i watch the value of my coins. Because i want to know what is happening to my coins. You need to watch the market so that you know what coin is good and what is bad.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Chupu69

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:18:40 AM

I think looking at the price chart of altcoin is not necessarily every time because it's not good for us. because with us seing see price developments will cause we will always feel worried.
HolderLoo

Activity: 132

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:59:46 AM

My money and I think I can not do without watching it every day, I watch it every hour so I can decide whether to keep it or sell it. That's a good way for me to make a profit. I am an investor in the surf market, so I always watch them every hour
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: