Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:32:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BTCP] BitcoinPrivate: A Truly Private Bitcoin [Equihash]  (Read 117229 times)
Ayms

Activity: 182
Merit: 33

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:57:50 AM

Apparently you are affiliated to the BTCP team to promote (agressively) things (again, please stop), I don't care of the 1.5%, neither of this coin, the tool is just an alternative for people not to  be fxcked by rules they did not decide and manage things by themselves, just curious about what is going on here, the wallet is a piece of shxt, the explorer the same, read again my article on the subject and you will find quite a lot of similarities

This is how Z coins work. You have to put freshly mined coins to Z address before you can transfer them.

Yes, but that's not what we are talking about here, we are talking about transferring coins from before the fork to after the fork, or from after to after, but not about reward coins

Prefork to coin is considered as "freshly mined coin", this rule doesn't solely apply to mined coins. All new coins that have to be deposited in Z first.

That's not clear again, do you mean that all coins moved/claimed from before the fork (who does not appear in the explorer) must go through a z-address too? That's not possible, how is this explained/specified?

If you don't care about the 1.5% fee, why you are constantly promoting your tool? How could people trust random guys tool more than official wallet? If you don't care about the fee, neither the coin, why you keep posting here?

That's explained above, to give an alternative to people, for example here not to get stucked in a z-address with the buggy wallet if they don't want to, the 1.5% is to compensate the dev effort forf the tool, not sure what is your big problem with this, BTCP also rewards devs and that's much more than 1.5%

If you take 5mn to look at the tool and the "random guy" instead of criticizing without knowing what you are talking about, then you will see that they don't come from nowhere and people are interested by this work, your can have your opinion but let others have their own, and I dislike this kind for comment from someone hidding behind a pseudo not knowing what he has achieved so far

And with the tool you only disclose the keys to yourself, you don't have to give them to some wallets that might sweep things in a way you don't know/want

I am not affiliated to BTCP in any matter. Well basically I am, since I'm mining it and have some coins. These are the affiliations I have, so no connection to BTCP team.
BTCP team has released steps for march and some of these issues are listed there. Give it some time and take it easy, things don't happen in minutes. There is also BTCP support page where you can ask help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinPrivate/comments/821f67/bitcoin_private_postfork_march_sprint/

Giving some time, maybe, but mistakes are accumulating, if you are not ready, then just don't launch, the wallet is buggy (and was even launched in a kind of testnet mode), the explorer does not work, the process to move coins is unclear, the support does not really answer to github issues, etc, etc, etc this does not give a feeling of seriousness and the lack of communication does not really help too (this is very vague what is stated in the reddit post)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
v1t0z

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:25:26 AM

Kucoin has btcp listed now!!!!! Just hasn't started trading yet.

They haven't announced BTCP listing. If there truly is BTCP wallet it must be because they award BTC holders with BTCP.
I think if they have to make the effort to create BTCP exchange wallet and download whole blockchain, they'll most likely list the coin sooner or later.

They announced BTCP listing!
27 Feb
https://twitter.com/kucoincom/status/968486017161293825
2 Mar
https://twitter.com/kucoincom/status/969500723535781888
6 Mar - TODAY!
https://twitter.com/kucoincom/status/970984047731122176
News page
https://news.kucoin.com/en/announcement-kucoin-has-started-distributing-btcp-hard-fork-tokens-to-btc-holders/
Haze The Hobo

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:27:40 AM

Apparently you are affiliated to the BTCP team to promote (agressively) things (again, please stop), I don't care of the 1.5%, neither of this coin, the tool is just an alternative for people not to  be fxcked by rules they did not decide and manage things by themselves, just curious about what is going on here, the wallet is a piece of shxt, the explorer the same, read again my article on the subject and you will find quite a lot of similarities

This is how Z coins work. You have to put freshly mined coins to Z address before you can transfer them.

Yes, but that's not what we are talking about here, we are talking about transferring coins from before the fork to after the fork, or from after to after, but not about reward coins

Prefork to coin is considered as "freshly mined coin", this rule doesn't solely apply to mined coins. All new coins that have to be deposited in Z first.

That's not clear again, do you mean that all coins moved/claimed from before the fork (who does not appear in the explorer) must go through a z-address too? That's not possible, how is this explained/specified?

If you don't care about the 1.5% fee, why you are constantly promoting your tool? How could people trust random guys tool more than official wallet? If you don't care about the fee, neither the coin, why you keep posting here?

That's explained above, to give an alternative to people, for example here not to get stucked in a z-address with the buggy wallet if they don't want to, the 1.5% is to compensate the dev effort forf the tool, not sure what is your big problem with this, BTCP also rewards devs and that's much more than 1.5%

If you take 5mn to look at the tool and the "random guy" instead of criticizing without knowing what you are talking about, then you will see that they don't come from nowhere and people are interested by this work, your can have your opinion but let others have their own, and I dislike this kind for comment from someone hidding behind a pseudo not knowing what he has achieved so far

And with the tool you only disclose the keys to yourself, you don't have to give them to some wallets that might sweep things in a way you don't know/want

I am not affiliated to BTCP in any matter. Well basically I am, since I'm mining it and have some coins. These are the affiliations I have, so no connection to BTCP team.
BTCP team has released steps for march and some of these issues are listed there. Give it some time and take it easy, things don't happen in minutes. There is also BTCP support page where you can ask help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinPrivate/comments/821f67/bitcoin_private_postfork_march_sprint/

Giving some time, maybe, but mistakes are accumulating, if you are not ready, then just don't launch, the wallet is buggy (and was even launched in a kind of testnet mode), the explorer does not work, the process to move coins is unclear, the support does not really answer to github issues, etc, etc, etc this does not give a feeling of seriousness and the lack of communication does not really help too (this is very vague what is stated in the reddit post)

I don't talk about coins what was moved before fork. Most of them come out of mining pools and pools use Z address before paying out balances to T address. Mined coins always has always been put to Z address in the first place. Coins created in the fork need to be put in Z address first, as most of them were directly awarded to T address. You can find tons of documentation about how Z coins work, read some of that documentation and you'll notice this is normal procedure. I don't really understand what makes this so scary process?

Maybe biggest reasons for the launch before wallet was tested was the pure pressure given by community. They already postponed the launch once, so there was no chance they could've done it twice. In my opinion BTCP electrum wallet works as intended. Full node wallet has few issues with blockchain sync, but I think this is due to me being lazy and downloading the blockchain instead of syncing the block my self. But I issues this problem to developers and hope they can fix it, since blockchain sync from 0% takes ages.

Also I went through your linkedin profile and read few of those blogs. You seem trustworthy, but still you are a random guy to me. I wouldn't trust you more than the guys who's coin I hold. If it's too scary to claim your BTCP with old wallets private key, transfer your old funds to different wallet before using the key. Problem solved, no 1.5% fee paid to you and no nightmares about losing old coins.

As stated before, if you don't trust the developers, don't invest in their coins. If you invest and don't trust them, well maybe your tin hat is too tight.

Explorer works fine to me.
https://btcp.blockexplorer.link/
Ayms

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:30:08 AM

Is it safe now to get BTCP from bitcoin addresses? Which wallet should one use to accomplish this?
Wonder what the market cap will be when it lists for trading.. perhaps many exchanges will support this on launch like BTCG

See above, it's unclear for now, if you have one BTC transaction before the fork with a small amount you can try my tool to send to BTCP and see what happens, at worse the transaction will be rejected, but remember that you have already the same amount of BTCP than BTC, so the word "send" is not really appropriate here, "move" is better (in any case move your BTCs before doing anything with the wallet, tool or other)
Haze The Hobo

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:31:01 AM

They haven't announced BTCP listing. If there truly is BTCP wallet it must be because they award BTC holders with BTCP.
I think if they have to make the effort to create BTCP exchange wallet and download whole blockchain, they'll most likely list the coin sooner or later.

27 Feb
2 Mar
6 Mar - TODAY!

They didn't say they'll list BTCP. Only announced that they will provide BTCP to BTC holders.

Just out: KUCOIN started to distribute BTCP to BTC users.
https://news.kucoin.com/en/announcement-kucoin-has-started-distributing-btcp-hard-fork-tokens-to-btc-holders/

Remains to see if they'll list BTCP while they at it. I think they'll do as they've put in effort to support the fork.
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:35:17 AM

27 Feb
2 Mar
6 Mar - TODAY!

They didn't say they'll list BTCP. Only announced that they will provide BTCP to BTC holders.

Just out: KUCOIN started to distribute BTCP to BTC users.

Remains to see if they'll list BTCP while they at it. I think they'll do as they've put in effort to support the fork.

it cost alot of money to list on kukoin

are they just going to list this coin out of the kindness of their hearts?
kiindje

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:40:01 AM

When will be first exchange ? we need to know if the mining i profitability because the difficult is so high.

I want to know it too. Because we need to have at least estimate what our mined amounts will worth. Otherwise I will switch to another coins...

Then switch to other coin, if you are not up for the gamble. More coins to rest of us who doesn't really care if BTCP list at 10$ or 100$.
Exchanges list the coin when they have everything ready. None of us here know the answer when they are ready. You should ask TradeSatoshi or HitBTC, but I doubt they'll answer to you.

You are very polite person Cheesy Just to know, Kucoin will start BCTP trading very soon and we will find out what is the real price.
Haze The Hobo

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:44:23 AM

When will be first exchange ? we need to know if the mining i profitability because the difficult is so high.

I want to know it too. Because we need to have at least estimate what our mined amounts will worth. Otherwise I will switch to another coins...

Then switch to other coin, if you are not up for the gamble. More coins to rest of us who doesn't really care if BTCP list at 10$ or 100$.
Exchanges list the coin when they have everything ready. None of us here know the answer when they are ready. You should ask TradeSatoshi or HitBTC, but I doubt they'll answer to you.

You are very polite person Cheesy Just to know, Kucoin will start BCTP trading very soon and we will find out what is the real price.

KUCOIN hasn't announced listing of BTCP (BCTP is different coin). KUCOIN only announced that they'll provide BTCP to BTC holders.

Well if they are first market to list BTCP (even without getting money out of listing), they'll gain a lot from the trading fees. There might be your motivation to list coin purely because "kidness of their hearts". There are a lot of people waiting for BTCP to pop up in an exchange.

btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 11:46:27 AM

I got my first BTCP on kucoin from the fork. Just feeling so happy to see the balance. Hoping that I can gain some profit from here. After 6 coins, I'm going to love this one for the security.
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:49:18 AM

I am still not convinced that it is more than just another fork... Better ramp up your use cases.
Ayms

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:56:20 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 12:13:01 PM by Ayms

I don't talk about coins what was moved before fork. Most of them come out of mining pools and pools use Z address before paying out balances to T address. Mined coins always has always been put to Z address in the first place. Coins created in the fork need to be put in Z address first, as most of them were directly awarded to T address. You can find tons of documentation about how Z coins work, read some of that documentation and you'll notice this is normal procedure. I don't really understand what makes this so scary process?

Maybe biggest reasons for the launch before wallet was tested was the pure pressure given by community. They already postponed the launch once, so there was no chance they could've done it twice. In my opinion BTCP electrum wallet works as intended. Full node wallet has few issues with blockchain sync, but I think this is due to me being lazy and downloading the blockchain instead of syncing the block my self. But I issues this problem to developers and hope they can fix it, since blockchain sync from 0% takes ages.

Also I went through your linkedin profile and read few of those blogs. You seem trustworthy, but still you are a random guy to me. I wouldn't trust you more than the guys who's coin I hold. If it's too scary to claim your BTCP with old wallets private key, transfer your old funds to different wallet before using the key. Problem solved, no 1.5% fee paid to you and no nightmares about losing old coins.

As stated before, if you don't trust the developers, don't invest in their coins. If you invest and don't trust them, well maybe your tin hat is too tight.

It's difficult to discuss with you since you focus only on what you think. Again, for people, use the tool if you like and if you don't, use something else, all what you say (moving coins,etc) is clearly explained in the repo, as well as not rushing to claim coins that you already have unless there is a good reason to do so, the tool is certainly not an alternative to this, the very same applies if you are using wallets

Anyway, we are not talking about the same thing, mined coins go to z-addresses first, everybody knows this

Here the original question/discussion is about: https://github.com/BTCPrivate/bitcoin-private-full-node-wallet/issues/32 "balances from fork need to be sent in full to a Z address before being able to be spent normally." and the fact that the wallet imposes to move/sweep your coins to a z-address

This is not normal at all to be forced by the wallet to send your coins to a z-address, dangerous and misleading for people

The conclusion is that this is just a requirement of the wallet and that coins can be moved normally, just don't use the sweep in the wallet, should it allow you to do so, if not don't use the wallet

Regarding the explorer could you please show me a BTC or ZCL address with a balance before the fork that appears there?

Would be better that BTCP team clarifies all this instead of having to guess things

kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:32:43 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 12:55:25 PM by kahc

KUCOIN hasn't announced listing of BTCP (BCTP is different coin). KUCOIN only announced that they'll provide BTCP to BTC holders.

Well if they are first market to list BTCP (even without getting money out of listing), they'll gain a lot from the trading fees. There might be your motivation to list coin purely because "kidness of their hearts". There are a lot of people waiting for BTCP to pop up in an exchange.

Is confirmed.
KUCOIN is going to list BTCP.

They haven't announced it yet.....but take a look at
https://www.kucoin.com/#/trade.pro/BTCP-BTC

they have already added the trading page.
jambo110
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:41:16 PM

Is confirmed.

They haven't announced it yet.....be take a look at

Dont get too excited, its been there for days. 

skripsup

Activity: 130

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:43:40 PM

Hello, guys!)

Does anyone know when is Hitbtc going to add bitcoin private? I had been holding BTC there and got a snapshot.
Haze The Hobo

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:55:27 PM

It's difficult to discuss with you since you focus only on what you think. Again, for people, use the tool if you like and if you don't, use something else, all what you say (moving coins,etc) is clearly explained in the repo, as well as not rushing to claim coins that you already have unless there is a good reason to do so, the tool is certainly not an alternative to this, the very same applies if you are using wallets

Anyway, we are not talking about the same thing, mined coins go to z-addresses first, everybody knows this

Here the original question/discussion is about: https://github.com/BTCPrivate/bitcoin-private-full-node-wallet/issues/32 "balances from fork need to be sent in full to a Z address before being able to be spent normally." and the fact that the wallet imposes to move/sweep your coins to a z-address

This is not normal at all to be forced by the wallet to send your coins to a z-address, dangerous and misleading for people

The conclusion is that this is just a requirement of the wallet and that coins can be moved normally, just don't use the sweep in the wallet, should it allow you to do so, if not don't use the wallet

Regarding the explorer could you please show me a BTC or ZCL address with a balance before the fork that appears there?

Would be better that BTCP team clarifies all this instead of having to guess things

How come it is dangerous to send coins to Z address first? It's your own Z address, not some random address in the blockchain.
That issue you posted just proves me correct. Before you can transfer any new coins, you'll have to put them via Z address (your own Z address).

Here's and example, balance from prefork.
https://btcp.blockexplorer.link/tx/3b1c0eeb599cb1dac3fc2ebdeed3ceb24af8c4eeb051b2a6f911b2b8a06b0ee7
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:56:33 PM

Is confirmed.

Nope it hasn't.
They added it today.
Haze The Hobo

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:59:43 PM

Is confirmed.

Nope it hasn't.
They added it today.

Just checked my KUCOIN and you can find BTCP in the deposit list also. You just cannot deposit it yet. Seems like they are going to list BTCP.
princehandsome

Activity: 731

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:03:39 PM

So is this coin already listed on hitbtc or kucoin? does this coin have a future and will never die in the coming year?
hitbtc is a great coin coin exchange place and i think this coin it deserves to be listed there because i believe if this project indeed promising.
Haze The Hobo

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:16:12 PM

So is this coin already listed on hitbtc or kucoin? does this coin have a future and will never die in the coming year?
hitbtc is a great coin coin exchange place and i think this coin it deserves to be listed there because i believe if this project indeed promising.

Currently there is no market open for BTCP. HitBTC and TradeSatoshi have confirmed listing of BTCP.
KUCOIN announced that they'll award BTCP to BTC holders, but they haven't given a statement about BTCP listing. Still they have market page for BTC - BTCP and you can see BTCP in depositable coins, so this gives a hint of KUCOIN listing BTCP soon.
rybaplmcteam

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:36:02 PM

How long more somebody know something ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: