Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:59:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230750 times)
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:46:19 PM

How about: post a photo of Jez San with identifiable Argonaut logo or other visual trademark in the photo, and then post another photo of Jez San holding a piece of paper with the words "I am Bitcointalk user aerobatic"

call him dude. you ask him to prove what?

If I called you, would you believe I'm the real Carlton Banks?

you are'nt the real Carlton Banks! I know it.

He totally is.  Carlton is big into bitcoin and has mentioned bitcointalk in interviews.  Everyone know this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 08:48:24 PM

How about: post a photo of Jez San with identifiable Argonaut logo or other visual trademark in the photo, and then post another photo of Jez San holding a piece of paper with the words "I am Bitcointalk user aerobatic"

He totally is.  Carlton is big into bitcoin and has mentioned bitcointalk in interviews.  Everyone know this.

proof or it didn't happen!

VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:56:04 PM

just look it up on youtube.  I don't have the link on hand, but its very easy to find..

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 08:59:55 PM

just look it up on youtube.  I don't have the link on hand, but its very easy to find..

you mean this? --> http://youtu.be/yeAE2Awrc9g

Grin

dtuur

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:20:34 PM

I'm fully aware of the significance of Jez San in the computing and video games industry, but how does any of this prove you are him? Googling "Jez San", will prove precisely nothing.

Is there a verifiable Jez San account on Linked In, or possibly twitter? Can we cross verify this, as I will state, for the record, that for aerobatic to be the actual Jez San is quite a claim (for those who are unaware of Jez San's significance as the entrepreneur behind Argonaut Software).

Hey Carlton... pm me your phone number and i will call you if you like.  i am definitely me.  i can prove it any way you like (thats not too much trouble.. so don't make me dance on some fiery object)

I can vouch that Jez is who he says he is. I'm an angel investor in CoinTerra and am in regular touch with him and the other angels. Based on all my sources I also have every reason to believe tape-out happened when announced. (My full name is Tuur Demeester)
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:22:19 PM

I'm fully aware of the significance of Jez San in the computing and video games industry, but how does any of this prove you are him? Googling "Jez San", will prove precisely nothing.

Is there a verifiable Jez San account on Linked In, or possibly twitter? Can we cross verify this, as I will state, for the record, that for aerobatic to be the actual Jez San is quite a claim (for those who are unaware of Jez San's significance as the entrepreneur behind Argonaut Software).

Hey Carlton... pm me your phone number and i will call you if you like.  i am definitely me.  i can prove it any way you like (thats not too much trouble.. so don't make me dance on some fiery object)

I can vouch that Jez is who he says he is. I'm an angel investor in CoinTerra and am in regular touch with him and the other angels. Based on all my sources I also have every reason to believe tape-out happened when announced. (My full name is Tuur Demeester)

and whats your impression? are they on track?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:10:38 PM

Who are you? You seem to be somewhat emotionally invested in this organisation aside from your financial investment with them. How are you privy to all this insider info from Cointerra?

For those that don't know much about angel investors:

http://www.go4funding.com/articles/angel-investors/the-pros-and-cons-of-using-angel-investors-for-your-new-business.aspx

Involved in high risk investments
An angel investor’s capital in a new business is considered to be a high-risk investment since the new company has not yet established a solid track record of success. Since they often provide the initial funding for a new company, it can be quite difficult to determine if their invested enterprise will be successful in the long run. Despite the fact that most new businesses fail in their initial years, angel investors tend to be quite optimistic about their investment choices and often request a large amount of returns to counterbalance the risk.

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:21:47 AM

I have only one question:

are these boobs real?

Thats Jennifer Tilly.. gorgeous and smart.  and a very good poker player!

She's the gf of Phil Laak... not quite as gorgeous.. equally smart and also a really good poker player!

She's an actress... in hollywood!  You do the math on whether they're real or not.

-- Jez
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:37:25 AM

I have only one question:

are these boobs real?

Thats Jennifer Tilly.. gorgeous and smart.  and a very good poker player!

She's the gf of Phil Laak... not quite as gorgeous.. equally smart and also a really good poker player!

She's an actress... in hollywood!  You do the math on whether they're real or not.

-- Jez

Oh i just love Phil Laak. He is so entertaining!

aerobatic

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 05:31:54 PM

Anyone had any luck recently with contacting Cointerra by email/forum/PM/telephone?  I've made several attempts and had no luck.  It also appears they are moderating their forum posts on http://forum.cointerra.com/ which is totally fine by me but at least dedicate a person to moderate them.  It's not like they are dealing with thousands of posts.  Being legit in my book means hiring some extra staff to respond to legitimate customer requests during normal working hours.  

they have ignored several emails from me for two weeks now.  prior to my purchase they answered within an hour on several occasions.

Yea, don't know why they don't hire some extra minions Smiley

The MINION might beat Cointerra to market.

Since Blackarrow haven't taped out the Minion asic yet, that seems a little unlikely.  they've got $5m+ to raise from pre-sales before they can go into production.  And they'd need to pay a lot more in expedite fees to get it in feb versus march.

-- Jez

They haven't announced it yet, there is a difference. Not everyone feels the need to announce their every breath and toilet break to serve as some kind of "evidence" that their project is on track. Cointerra making the announcement means little, they've had no opportunity so far to demonstrate that anything they've promised is true.

I have this sneaking suspicion that both Cointerra and Hashfast are going to miss their December delivery targets, just a hunch. Too much talk, too much glossy showroom stuff. Will it turn in to ASIC gen I part 2?

Will BlackArrow pip them at the post in mid-February, while the guys who paid for expensive front-page advertisements on shiny paper flounder around with their angry over-bought customers shrieking and wailing? Maybe, but the delivery window is narrowing, and they're all 3 looking like converging on the same timeframe. Tortoise (Avalon) won the last race, the hare (BFL) is still attempting to deliver it's overambitious promises.

blackarrow have now confirmed that they havnt taped out.  no surprise there.  as i said, when someone tapes out, they jump up and down and shout it from the rooftops.

http://ecointalk.net/topic/249-minion-asic-tapeout/
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:56:09 PM

blackarrow have now confirmed that they havnt taped out.  no surprise there.  as i said, when someone tapes out, they jump up and down and shout it from the rooftops.

Yeah, I read this last night in the Blackarrow thread.

Assuming now that you are indeed Jez San (Grin), can you tell us if the 60 day turn-around post tape-out is an insurmountable absolute these days? I'm thinking in the context that Blackarrow are actually based in Shenzhen and so have fewer "cultural barriers" (read: cultural advantage) to getting chips fabricated and delivered quicker?

Vires in numeris
aerobatic

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:10:47 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 03:54:31 AM by aerobatic

blackarrow have now confirmed that they havnt taped out.  no surprise there.  as i said, when someone tapes out, they jump up and down and shout it from the rooftops.

Yeah, I read this last night in the Blackarrow thread.

Assuming now that you are indeed Jez San (Grin), can you tell us if the 60 day turn-around post tape-out is an insurmountable absolute these days? I'm thinking in the context that Blackarrow are actually based in Shenzhen and so have fewer "cultural barriers" (read: cultural advantage) to getting chips fabricated and delivered quicker?

60 days from tapeout to shipping is possible. If they've paid a lot to their fab to expedite. And they have everything else ready to go. It's hard. But Knc did it.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:49:01 AM

They've got about 90 days if they were to tapeout tomorrow.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:02:58 AM

I don't really see why anybody would really lie about who they are here and bitcoin mining probably attracts a pretty techy set of people. I've been in distributed computing since I ran a large seti@home team back in the late 90s and the only reason I wasn't mining in 2010 was because I was doing folding@home after a career change into medicine from tech.  I'm sure there's tons of people way more tech savvy than me here so it would surprise me more that there weren't more people like aerobatic around.

I will say that I'm still kicking myself for thinking that bitcoins was a silly idea back when I was throwing all my computing power at folding@home.  Would have mined a ridiculous amount back then with my computers. 
DPoS

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:42:27 AM

I will say that I'm still kicking myself for thinking that bitcoins was a silly idea back when I was throwing all my computing power at folding@home.  Would have mined a ridiculous amount back then with my computers. 

dont feel bad...  you would of probably just bought a 10,000 btc pizza anyway

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:54:34 AM

I don't really see why anybody would really lie about who they are here and bitcoin mining probably attracts a pretty techy set of people. I've been in distributed computing since I ran a large seti@home team back in the late 90s and the only reason I wasn't mining in 2010 was because I was doing folding@home after a career change into medicine from tech.  I'm sure there's tons of people way more tech savvy than me here so it would surprise me more that there weren't more people like aerobatic around.

I will say that I'm still kicking myself for thinking that bitcoins was a silly idea back when I was throwing all my computing power at folding@home.  Would have mined a ridiculous amount back then with my computers.  

Join the club! Cheesy

LOL yeah just running a fraction of what I've thrown into Distributed computing in the early days and holding it would have been a smart move. But no-one could predict, really the only way to have done something like that would be to have forgotten about the coins for a few years.

Most speculators would have blown their load on the first 10% price hike.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 10:18:29 AM

That's not true, KnC never announced when they tape out.  There is no press release, no announcement on their website on the exact date on when they tape out.
Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:46:57 PM

Whats going on with Cointerra, anybody know? They seem to be awfully quiet.
Nemesis

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:58:11 PM

because they're dumping your btc to exit.

Its so easy to scam in this community.
aerobatic

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:38:36 PM

agreed..  im not surprised... hopefully they're hard at work finalising the system side of things... the box, the power supplies, the board, the cooling system etc... there's a lot to do while they wait for silicon to come back... ... and there really are no more major 'external' milestones now until production of the boxes starts the day the chips come back from the fab... (in a month from now)

but it'd be nice to hear some updates on how the boxes, boards, and other parts of the system design are coming along...   everything must be pretty much in their final stages of design by now.. presumably parts have been ordered since delivery times are often a month or more... and perhaps the parts could be shown being stacked up ready for production (in early to mid december...?)

i guess another useful milestone during the fab process is when the metal layers are complete (about 2/3rds of the way through) so it would be re-assuring to hear that the wafers are moving smoothly through their various layers in the fab...  and would also give us more confidence in the final date when the silicon will be done.

maybe some pictures of the box itself... or the obligatory picture of a box full of fans ;-)    or a truckload of dc/dc converters?  or some power supplies?

-- Jez
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: