Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 12:16:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230791 times)
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 06:22:50 AM

I'm currently paying approx $150 per KW/month for hosting inclusive of space and power - so multiplied out to be an annual cost (not an ideal calculation) im paying effectively approx $2/GH/year in power/hosting costs right now... and if it was using antminers, i'd be paying $4/GH/year (making the assumption they dont charge more cos they use 3x the space in the rack, which i suspect is unrealistic so lets assume $5/GH/Year is more likely).  So i think that re-iterates my thought that the antminer 180 gh products are more suited to a home mining operation than a commercial scale mining op.

You forget the most important calculation. When the hashing starts. Since the Ant costs $400/year extra in hosting, if it starts hashing 2 weeks earlier, it more than makes up the extra hosting cost and overall is a more profitable solution.

it doesn't really matter, with bitcoin at $450, pretty much no preorder will be profitable until the btc/usd goes back up.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
dentro

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:50:11 AM

Got my tracking number also, although I ordered with hosting  Roll Eyes just ridiculous
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:12:59 AM

are there any CTs delivered outside the US?
hagbase

Activity: 433
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:41:44 AM

Good question!

Order #16xx made on October 9, 2013 and still nothing here.(EU)

Conclusion: avoid/ignore  US ASIC Vendors for the future

ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:44:33 AM

are there any CTs delivered outside the US?
I know of 30 CTs delivered. EU. First batch.
dentro

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:41:34 PM

I have also purchased 6 months hosting by Terramine Hosting 1 month ago and payd. Still my order status remais (on-hold).
Which is this company - they have no tel., or address, googling it still nothing...
I am fighting with Cointerra support to solve the problem, and meanwhile they stopped comunicate with me???
I have order by them for early january #18XX still processing.
I wonder what to do... Angry Huh Angry

I also ordered hosting from cointerramining and paid several weeks ago. I have order number 19XX!! I wrote them several times (and got a response after some days), after a week, the status changed to "Payment Received in Full". But now, I received tracking information from noobterra, that they are shipping my miners to me at home...! great work noobterra..!
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:38:22 PM

I think they duped us with 3000$ payd, for NO HOSTING per/mashine ... Very well done!
It is difficult for me to imagine installing a noisy heater in the summer in my living room.
Electricity bill will be higher than rent I pay. Possible problems.
Have to pay additional 21% import duty for EU.
Who will pay us back?... Angry

are you in the right thread?   After reading aerobatic posts I can't think of anything on this fine Earth that is as swell as giving money to Cointerra.. you should be happy for him and Cointerra and not be so negative

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
dentro

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:46:41 PM

I have also purchased 6 months hosting by Terramine Hosting 1 month ago and payd. Still my order status remais (on-hold).
Which is this company - they have no tel., or address, googling it still nothing...
I am fighting with Cointerra support to solve the problem, and meanwhile they stopped comunicate with me???

I also ordered hosting from cointerramining and paid several weeks ago. I have order number 19XX!! I wrote them several times (and got a response after some days), after a week, the status changed to "Payment Received in Full". But now, I received tracking information from noobterra, that they are shipping my miners to me at home...! great work noobterra..!

Called them today, they said, it is my fault, i should have informed them, that i ordered the hosting? whaaaat? Nobody told me, also not the hosting guy, that i have to inform cointerra. So they said i have two options, pay the taxes and ship it back at my costs or take the miners..
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:56:37 PM

Called them today, they said, it is my fault, i should have informed them, that i ordered the hosting? whaaaat? Nobody told me, also not the hosting guy, that i have to inform cointerra. So they said i have two options, pay the taxes and ship it back at my costs or take the miners..

Perhaps someone else in your area has ordered but not shipped, and you can trade orders.

I try to be respectful and informed.
valyo_d

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:48:30 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 12:07:07 AM by valyo_d

Maybe the best for you is to take it, swich it on and put it for sale, and meanwhile reduce the prise way how you want, and with the money buy bitcoins.
Accidentally I prevented myself of same scenario, sending Cointerra 1st request to get refund of shipping costs. They warned me first to be sure all is arranged with Terramine Hosting, so I opened 2nd request to prove them that I paid their partner, but I have no confirmation, and so 2 weeks till now - countless Emails...
It looks like to me, that somebody of them is folowing this forum. 2 hours after I posted here, my order for hosting changed too to "Payment Received in Full". Thats why I removed my older posts.
This post could be a good advice to warn other Cointerra clients whom ordered hosting what exactly to do.
According to me all is fixed now, but who knows what to expect?
bitcoinermax

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:21:00 AM

It looks like to me, that somebody of them is folowing this forum. 2 hours after I posted here, my order for hosting changed too to "Payment Received in Full". Thats why I removed my older posts.
[/quote]

I think aerobatic helps feed back to CT, as it has been mentioned previously that he is an angel investor in CT? Whatever it is, at least they are being notified so I don't think it helps to attack him if that is indeed the case..
CurcO

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:24:22 AM

anyone know who to update cgminier , is this done via SSH? the stock version is 3.12.0 and well 4.0 is out and 4.0.1 is on its way
miahallen

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:03:52 AM

http://cointerra.com/user-guide/   Wink
JoseSan

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:58:20 AM

That's about the least helpful reply you could give to what I presume is your answer to this question:

anyone know who to update cgminier , is this done via SSH? the stock version is 3.12.0 and well 4.0 is out and 4.0.1 is on its way

The answer is: it's not easy. Cointerra has some kind of minimalistic linux build running in a small 32MB partition. They have a full Angstrom build mounted at /Angstrom but you can't run any binaries from there (the dynamic linker seems to not want to run them). The cgminer binary that's running in all stock Cointerra boxes right now was custom build against uClibc, a minimalistic libc for embedded systems. If you want to build your own version of cgminer, you must either cross compile your own armv7 binary that links against the installed libraries in the beaglebone (in /lib), or get the full Angstrom distro somehow running and install a build environment with opkg.

KNC runs identical hardware, but you can actually run opkg right from the command line and get git, gcc, etc. installed without changing anything. On cointerra's build, not so.

tl;dr; it's not easy, and I'm curious myself.
CurcO

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:05:22 AM

Thx JoseSan, yes you did answer my question so I guess I will wait for CT to update the cgminer.
miahallen

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:14:32 PM

That's about the least helpful reply you could give to what I presume is your answer to this question:

The answer is: it's not easy. Cointerra has some kind of minimalistic linux build running in a small 32MB partition. They have a full Angstrom build mounted at /Angstrom but you can't run any binaries from there (the dynamic linker seems to not want to run them). The cgminer binary that's running in all stock Cointerra boxes right now was custom build against uClibc, a minimalistic libc for embedded systems. If you want to build your own version of cgminer, you must either cross compile your own armv7 binary that links against the installed libraries in the beaglebone (in /lib), or get the full Angstrom distro somehow running and install a build environment with opkg.

KNC runs identical hardware, but you can actually run opkg right from the command line and get git, gcc, etc. installed without changing anything. On cointerra's build, not so.

tl;dr; it's not easy, and I'm curious myself.

You're right...I misunderstood.  I thought he wanted to update his config.  My bad LOL  Embarrassed
Pcpoet

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrency Rules man!

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:40:59 PM

Teraminer IV is not stable keeps either one of the miner always stop working. Mining at unstable speeds.

“Yabba Dabba Doo!!”- Fred Flintstone
Pcpoet

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrency Rules man!

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:16:52 AM

My Teraminers won't go online it keep saying offline, I tried reset switch. unplugging, and click on restart but it won't go online. What am I doing wrong?

“Yabba Dabba Doo!!”- Fred Flintstone
btcnoodle

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:39:35 AM

My Teraminers won't go online it keep saying offline, I tried reset switch. unplugging, and click on restart but it won't go online. What am I doing wrong?

Today I had the same issue. I was able to get it running again after three reboots. Why the third time worked when the first two didn't? I have no idea except that I waited like a full minute before plugging it back in on the third try. Anyhow, it's been running smooth except for a crash after changing cgminer pool settings. That was the reason for the reboot(s).
btcnoodle

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:43:25 AM

Teraminer IV is not stable keeps either one of the miner always stop working. Mining at unstable speeds.

Have you tried backing down the power stepping setting to see if it will stabilize? If not I suggest starting there. The additional info might shed some light on the problem.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: