Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:23:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230752 times)
DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:20:56 AM

I know its quite far fetched did anyone who ordered in November get their tracking number or got the box shipped to them at all?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dentro

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:37:05 AM

did somebody ordered their miners with hosting? How is this going to work, do they send an email when the miners are ready (with the URL)? Because on the normal page for hosting (terraminehosting.com), there is no link to an admin panel or something like that....
willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:50:44 AM

for those with slightly unreliable cointerras, I've written a very small script based on the cgminer reference python that monitors and restarts cgminer, it's really simple so not sure why I'm bothering to share but let me know if it's useful

http://pastebin.com/ZgyV0D3q

you need to install sshpass (apt-get install sshpass)

to use, just run cointerra.py <ip address> and it will check the status and restart cgminer - I put it in a loop with a 2 min sleep or something.

Will

VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:45:46 AM

Mine is stable but I can't seem to get it to reach 2 TH/s.  I will keep trying and then seek a refund if I can't get it to work properly. 
Wink Wink Wink

dprophet

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:12:02 PM

Cointerra machines are 6% of the entire BTC network?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cointerra-ships-its-1000th-terraminer-bitcoin-miner-now-powering-over-6-of-the-bitcoin-network-247546961.html

Thats a lot.

for those with slightly unreliable cointerras, I've written a very small script based on the cgminer reference python that monitors and restarts cgminer, it's really simple so not sure why I'm bothering to share but let me know if it's useful

http://pastebin.com/ZgyV0D3q

you need to install sshpass (apt-get install sshpass)

to use, just run cointerra.py <ip address> and it will check the status and restart cgminer - I put it in a loop with a 2 min sleep or something.

Will

I wrote an entire monitoring agent for the cointerra machines.  Full integration with mobile phones.  I have several feature requests I am adding.

https://github.com/dprophet/cointerra-monitor/
Pcpoet

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrency Rules man!

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:15:10 PM

Hi, I just received couple of my Terraminer IV today.

1 of 2 miners is mining correctly but the 2th one won't wake up to start mining.

It just says Terraminer IV offline.

I tried steping down the power.

I try all the step from 9 to 1 and it still won't mine.

I try unplugging it.

I tried resetting, I also factory reset. But nothing would wake this Teraminer up
to do its job.

Please let me know what you guys think thanks.

“Yabba Dabba Doo!!”- Fred Flintstone
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:21:11 PM

1 of 2 miners is mining correctly but the 2th one won't wake up to start mining.

I try unplugging it.

I tried resetting, I also factory reset. But nothing would wake this Teraminer up
to do its job.

How do you have the 2nd one powered from the wall?
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:23:49 PM

Why wouldn't it come from the wall?  You can use two regular 120v power outlets

willphase

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:10:39 PM

I wrote an entire monitoring agent for the cointerra machines.  Full integration with mobile phones.  I have several feature requests I am adding.

https://github.com/dprophet/cointerra-monitor/

Hey - I actually found your stuff before I spent the five minutes writing mine, but I just found it too complex.  Probably more useful for someone who wanted far more monitoring.  All I wanted was for them to reset when the chip went down.

Keep up the good work!

Will

Pcpoet

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:34:12 PM

I try unplugging it.

to do its job.

It's powering from 20Amp wall outlet. The one that works perfect is powering the same way, from a 20A wall outlet.I just so confused, I can log in to the ip addresss but it won't start hashing.  Embarrassed

Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:50:17 PM

I try unplugging it.

to do its job.

It's powering from 20Amp wall outlet. The one that works perfect is powering the same way, from a 20A wall outlet.I just so confused, I can log in to the ip addresss but it won't start hashing.  Embarrassed

I have 2 machines like this.  Support tickets have been open on it for a week.

I suspect it's a matter of the data connector coming loose in transit.  But since the machines are sealed there is nothing I can do.
Pcpoet

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:10:27 PM

I got it running on stepping number 4. Can't go any higher Sad

sirky

Activity: 404

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:48:49 PM

did somebody ordered their miners with hosting? How is this going to work, do they send an email when the miners are ready (with the URL)? Because on the normal page for hosting (terraminehosting.com), there is no link to an admin panel or something like that....

It is actually hosted by cloudhashing. You will get emails when they get ready to ship telling you what you need to do.
dentro

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:31:05 PM

It is actually hosted by cloudhashing. You will get emails when they get ready to ship telling you what you need to do.

hm...cointerra said they already shipped my units to cloud hashing, but no email or further infos so far...! did you get your infos from cloudhashing or cointerra?
testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:49:11 AM

One of my units definitely has a bad board that keeps going out, unless I keep a close eye on it this is what happens:
http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1MiHnbJ5Kiab9SskUGm5quyhx4aJGYRBYu
First the dead board goes out and it drops the hashrate to 800Ghash (the good board runs faster than the bad one) and then the good board decides that it's gonna run at 600Ghash a sec instead.  My good cointerra machine never does this but the "bad" unit is constantly dropping the bad board and I usually catch it and get it back up but since I've been busy it just goes offline =(
thoughtcourier

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:02:18 PM

Hey guys,

I plan on visiting Cointerra next week. No real purpose, but I'll be in town. I've been keeping up on and off, but I'd like to get a concise summary of what they're doing and what they've done so far if anyone has a good article.

I can also ask and try to get answers on any current burning questions. (How much hashing power do you plan to put out? Is there any more help coming for your underspecced ASICs? etc.)

Link or PM me if you can help, thanks!

Thanks!
aerobatic

Activity: 702

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:53:07 PM

Hey guys,

I plan on visiting Cointerra next week. No real purpose, but I'll be in town. I've been keeping up on and off, but I'd like to get a concise summary of what they're doing and what they've done so far if anyone has a good article.

I can also ask and try to get answers on any current burning questions. (How much hashing power do you plan to put out? Is there any more help coming for your underspecced ASICs? etc.)

Thanks!

I'm leaving for austin next week too.  gonna visit the Texas Bitcoin conference, and combine it with SXSW as well!

I'm arriving in austin tuesday night, so perhaps i'll see you at the bitcoin conf?  i will also drop into cointerra as well later that week, though I'm guessing they'll be at the show for most of it, as they're a sponsor.

i think your burning questions are worth asking, especially the ones about the future of the product lineup and when the full speed miners will ship, etc.

your question about how much they plan to put out...  is a complex question, and whatever answer you get will depend on many factors... not least the price of bitcoin decides whether people are buying mining equipment and any bitcoin asic suppliers need customer demand to drive their sales... and also, needs the context of how much hardware the other suppliers will put out to be a useful piece of data.

Do you happen to know what percentage of the network is currently filled by the others?   like knc, bfl etc?   cointerra recently announced they're powering 1.7% of the network with their first 1000 systems sold.  i wouldn't be surprised if knc powers more than 50% of the network currently.

one small piece of data... andreas (knc) was on a panel at the berlin bitcoin conference a couple of weeks ago and said they've done something like $88m in sales in the last 8 months (think he said the split was nearly half jupiters and bit more than half were neptune pre-orders).. which is incredibly impressive!  from that revenue we can probably work backwards and figure out how many PH's they've sold (i think $40m of jupiters = 3-4 PH, and $48m in neptunes = 15-20 PH) and ... but we still won't know how many they plan to put out for the rest of this year (but I'm guessing 50 PH sounds about right).. but i suspect with knc's unblemished reputation they will sell significantly more PH's than cointerra ever could.

bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:44:28 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks!

I'm leaving for austin next week too.  gonna visit the Texas Bitcoin conference, and combine it with SXSW as well!

I'm arriving in austin tuesday night, so perhaps i'll see you at the bitcoin conf?  i will also drop into cointerra as well later that week, though I'm guessing they'll be at the show for most of it, as they're a sponsor.

i think your burning questions are worth asking, especially the ones about the future of the product lineup and when the full speed miners will ship, etc.

your question about how much they plan to put out...  is a complex question, and whatever answer you get will depend on many factors... not least the price of bitcoin decides whether people are buying mining equipment and any bitcoin asic suppliers need customer demand to drive their sales... and also, needs the context of how much hardware the other suppliers will put out to be a useful piece of data.

Do you happen to know what percentage of the network is currently filled by the others?   like knc, bfl etc?   cointerra recently announced they're powering 1.7% of the network with their first 1000 systems sold.  i wouldn't be surprised if knc powers more than 50% of the network currently.

one small piece of data... andreas (knc) was on a panel at the berlin bitcoin conference a couple of weeks ago and said they've done something like $88m in sales in the last 8 months (think he said the split was nearly half jupiters and bit more than half were neptune pre-orders).. which is incredibly impressive!  from that revenue we can probably work backwards and figure out how many PH's they've sold (i think $40m of jupiters = 3-4 PH, and $48m in neptunes = 15-20 PH) and ... but we still won't know how many they plan to put out for the rest of this year (but I'm guessing 50 PH sounds about right).. but i suspect with knc's unblemished reputation they will sell significantly more PH's than cointerra ever could.

Ill be there as well, and my clients with CT's would like me to have a very nice chat with them... Glad im a native texan Smiley
willphase

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:18:09 PM

it would be good to know when they are getting the new boards and which batch(es) will have them - e.g. will some february batches, or march batches?

Also, whether it would be possible for existing customers with 1.4Th rigs to upgrade to the 2Th - e.g. by mailing in the device - ideally crossmailing so no hash rate is lost.  It seems like once they get the old rigs in they should be able to pretty easily upgrade them in house at little cost, as long as they can remove the chip and put it on the new boards...

Cheers,

Will

Pcpoet

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:43:36 PM

Help, one core stop working and was only mining half speed. So I restart it a few time and it didn't do anything. So I factory reset it and now I can't connect to the IP address of the Teraminer. I connect the ethernet properly but nothing works. I tried uplugging it for an hour and let it cool down but it still doesn't work. What do I do? Please help, thanks.

Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: