Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:09:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230752 times)
JoseSan

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:41:04 PM

Also, will a standard cpu cooler mount correctly on these?

Probably not, even if you decided to void the warranty by opening it. Besides, there is basically one of the best cooling solutions on the market cooling the chips right now, why would you want to replace it?

I've seen my units go above 90C and continue to output 1.6TH/s. I hate for that to happen (it shortens their lifespan considerably) but they seem to at least operate at these temperatures.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miahallen

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:59:08 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 01:42:34 AM by miahallen

WOW...before the new FW I had one machine running at about 1.3TH/s and one running at about 1.5TH/s (at the pool).
After the new FW upgrade, both systems are running at about 1.6TH/s  Grin

edit - the "status" page in the web interface still reports about the same speed as before....1.61TH/s each...so it looks like they've been able to close the gap between what the machines were reporting and what the pools were accepting.  While still nowhere near 2TH/s...but it's good progress, I've gained a total of 400GH/s with the new FW (about 0.06 BTC per day at current diff).

2nd edit - the processors are also running much hotter now.  In both boxes, I've got a core hitting over 90C...a little disconcerting considering the weather here is still pretty cold and the summer is on the way.  I'm going to see what adjusting the power stepping will do.
dominic25

Activity: 60

Don

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:12:13 AM

Hello, I tried updating the firmware and it said 'Invalid File' I tried the zip file and I extracted the zip file. The folder was named 'upgrade' but that did not work either. What am I doing wrong?  Thanks
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:22:51 AM

Hello, I tried updating the firmware and it said 'Invalid File' I tried the zip file and I extracted the zip file. The folder was named 'upgrade' but that did not work either. What am I doing wrong?  Thanks

dont extract
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:31:41 AM

I have to say- after spending a good time talking to the CT guys at Austin, I think they have their shit together pretty well. Yes they are under performing and over power,but of the teams that I have met at these conferences and otherwise (HF coughcough) I think these guys if any have a good chance of making this right for everyone.
DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:55:01 AM

I have to say- after spending a good time talking to the CT guys at Austin, I think they have their shit together pretty well. Yes they are under performing and over power,but of the teams that I have met at these conferences and otherwise (HF coughcough) I think these guys if any have a good chance of making this right for everyone.

And how do you suppose they will make it right given people are 400 Ghs short and time is ticking by?
dominic25

Activity: 60

Don

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:29:40 AM

dont extract

What format is the file when you download it? Mine downloads as a .zip file.
plato14

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:30:36 AM

Judging by how they have handled everything so far, they arent going to make it right for anyone in the early batches, they are going to ignore the criticisms about their late, overpowered, underperforming machines and just continue to scam people out of their hard earned bitcoin.  I can't believe theyre still claiming on their site that they are performing up to spec, not to mention theyre taking pre orders for June now?!  It doesnt matter how polished or if they look like they have their shit together, they have acted just like every other asic company out there.
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 06:56:52 AM

Judging by how [Cointerra] have handled everything so far, they arent going to make it right for anyone in the early batches, they are going to ignore the criticisms about their late, overpowered, underperforming machines and just continue to scam people out of their hard earned bitcoin.  I can't believe theyre still claiming on their site that they are performing up to spec, not to mention theyre taking pre orders for June now?!  It doesnt matter how polished or if they look like they have their shit together, they have acted just like every other asic company out there.

I'm hearing rumors of Cointerra chips actually operating at the advertised "greater than 500GH/s."

The relevance of HashFast's EVO product is obvious; it's the highest performance Custom Hardware ever demonstrated.
This is not true.   I have CT that are hashing faster than that right now.   You need to stay up to date on what is available in the market right now.   I am willing to sell you one if you wish to see.

How can [HashFast's Sierra EVO] be the worlds first 2th miner when people have been able to reach 2th on a terraminer?

Is there any proof of a CT box doing 2TH, or are the haters making stuff up just to troll?

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:49:39 AM

Is there any proof of a CT box doing 2TH, or are the haters making stuff up just to troll?

I cant believe you show your face in another thread.... go back to your self moderated thread until your company stops scamming people....  

august and september babyjet buyers funded your whole operation.. and you have ignored us.. I cant wait to see you in court!!

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 08:11:50 AM

I cant believe you show your face in another thread.... go back to your self moderated thread until your company stops scamming people....  

Minor Miner advised me to

stay up to date on what is available in the market right now.

So that's what I'm going to do. 

Now, have you any input on the issue of whether or not Cointerra's claim to have "greater than 500 GH/s" is true?

All I see on this thread are numerous reports of the "greater than 500 GH/s" claim in the OP being empirically false, citing demonstrated performance shortcomings of 20% under spec or worse.

Given the two unverified claims of 2TH CT boxes in the wild, we should resolve the matter in a calm, rational manner.

AFAIK only HashFast has demonstrated a working 2TH miner (at this week's Austin BTC conference).

But I'd love to see proof my belief is outdated or wrong.  Are you going to help answer, or just attack me for daring to ask an on-topic, if impudent, question?

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:19:20 AM

Now, have you any input on the issue of whether or not Cointerra's claim to have "greater than 500 GH/s" is true?

All I see on this thread are numerous reports of the "greater than 500 GH/s" claim in the OP being empirically false, citing demonstrated performance shortcomings of 20% under spec or worse.

Given the two unverified claims of 2TH CT boxes in the wild, we should resolve the matter in a calm, rational manner.

AFAIK only HashFast has demonstrated a working 2TH miner (at this week's Austin BTC conference).

But I'd love to see proof my belief is outdated or wrong.  Are you going to help answer, or just attack me for daring to ask an on-topic, if impudent, question?

I read your sig too fast & got "Halfassed Community Liason"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

So you got a new title Huh    Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 08:29:04 AM

I read your sig too fast & got "Halfassed Community Liason"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Huh True or False: CoinTerra's first ASIC's Hash-Rate is greater than 500 GH/s?

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:51:22 AM

HashLast_CL, you don't get the complete irrelevance of your 2TH cackle, don't you?

CT has delivered more than thousand miners, hashing at 1.5 TH or more right now. How many TH has HashLast delivered?

My CT makes stable 1.5 TH at the moment, earning me around $120 every day.

My BabyJet hashes around 400 GH at the moment, which is around $30/day.

I paid around $ 6,500 for the CT and the equivalent of $ 40,000 for the BabyJet.

Which is the better deal?
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:03:14 AM

-HashFast didn't provide windfalls by refunding $100 BTCs with an equal number of $1000 Bitcoins, therefore it's a Ponzi!!11!

If nothing we do could make you consider buying from us, why are you posting here?  Batch One EVOs sold out almost instantly, so exhibiting your grudge in public hasn't had any noticeable effect.  Better get a Batch Two before they're gone!

Sounds like BFL_Josh got a second job  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:09:00 AM

HashLast_CL, you don't get the complete irrelevance of your 2TH cackle, don't you?

CT has delivered more than thousand miners, hashing at 1.5 TH or more right now.

"Or more?"  Does "or more" mean at least one or two CT miners actually got up to or past their 2TH/s spec?

Minor Miner told me to "stay up to date on what is available in the market right now" and that's what I'm going to do.

Current and potential ASIC customers deserve to know the plain facts.

Is the statement "Only HashFast has demonstrated a working 2TH/s miner" true or false? 

Two people have said it's false; I am seeking to confirm or invalidate their input.  Can you help?

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:16:54 AM

CT has delivered more than thousand miners, hashing at 1.5 TH or more right now.

"Or more?"  Does "or more" mean at least one or two CT miners actually got up to or past their 2TH/s spec?

Minor Miner told me to "stay up to date on what is available in the market right now" and that's what I'm going to do.

Is the statement "Only HashFast has demonstrated a working 2TH/s miner" true or false? 

Two people have said it's false; I am seeking to confirm or invalidate their input.  Can you help?

Halfassed_CL's account has been hacked by BFL_Josh,things will return to normal when the drugs wear off  Grin

HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:34:56 AM

"Or more?"  Does "or more" mean at least one or two CT miners actually got up to or past their 2TH/s spec?

Two people have said it's false; I am seeking to confirm or invalidate their input.  Can you help?

Halfassed_CL's account has been hacked by BFL_Josh,things will return to normal when the drugs wear off  Grin

IOW, 'No, you can't help answer a simple question, but are willing to contribute a content-free personal attack just to demonstrate your troll skillz?'

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:58:39 AM

"Or more?"  Does "or more" mean at least one or two CT miners actually got up to or past their 2TH/s spec?

Two people have said it's false; I am seeking to confirm or invalidate their input.  Can you help?

Halfassed_CL's account has been hacked by BFL_Josh,things will return to normal when the drugs wear off  Grin

IOW, 'No, you can't help answer a simple question, but are willing to contribute a content-free personal attack just to demonstrate your troll skillz?'

Correct,your smarter than I thought  Grin   Speaking of "trolling",go look in the mirror  Cheesy

I would NEVER buy ANYTHING from Hashfast,aka BFL...........BTW,I LOVE my Antminers  Cheesy  Cause I have them mining NOW!!!  Tongue

I may get a Cointerra miner soon,gotta save up for the big boy toy's though  Sad

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:21:43 AM

Technically, yes.

It's the PCB that is slowing it down.

Question for HF: did your first shipped batch resulted in a performance >= of 400GH per chip? No, it was 390GH. And you used a fake result in your mining dashboard to prove your customers that they were mining at 400GH, right?

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: