Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:50:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230752 times)
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:24:05 PM

I have emailed support... over 3 weeks ago and 1 week ago. no response.

I have called, was told to wait 3 weeks

I have waited 3weeks..

I have emailed and called again.. no response,...  WTF can customers do about these fuked up american asic companies....  

WTF cointerra.. I would really appreciate a refund before my USD are worth less....  you should be paying me interest now!!!

about to pull the S word!!

who should I be reporting this company to other then the BBB ?

I just sent a contact message via the website asking them to contact me about a large order..  Anyone want to take bets that I will get someone to respond to that before my refund ??

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toquinho

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:51:06 PM

Machine has arrived. One terraminer iv. It took a few minutes to set up and install the firmware update. It is now happily mining away on Eligius pulling about 1.3THs.

I'll let it stabilize and see how it does overnight before I start tweaking settings and trying to get more speed. I paid for my Feb. order on November 15.

I had always based my projections off of arrival on Feb. 15. It was 28 days late, but not bad considering everything.

My god damn BFL order was fucking 8 months late, I hate them so much.

One core runs at 64C and the other is averaging 69.5C. 1 is getting about 900ghs and the other is getting about 450.

Is there any advice you guys can give me about the second core? What can I do to speed it up?

Overall I'm quite pleased with CT. I am very glad I didn't go with blackarrow or hashfast.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:03:58 AM

cointerra was quick to talk to me when they wanted me to deposit 12k usd into their account.. but now that I asked for a refund on Feb 18, 2014, I cannot get a response from them..

if you thinking of ordering from these guys, know that they are not fulfilling me as a customer...  they have NOT refunded my money.

toquinho

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:45:35 PM

Talked to customer support after calling about 7 times. They told me to reinstall the firmware upgrade and powercycle the machine. It seemed to do the trick as I went from 1.1TH to about 1.65TH, still below what we were promised but its up and running.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:50:42 PM

Any idea of price per GH/s?

I am trying to decide to wait for you, or order through KnC.

If you are ok with discarding your KNC product in a couple of months after purchase, then go for it.

I hope he went for the KNC afterall... and even today it is still make more then your underwhelming 1.3TH

I get 1.3TH with 7 antminers delivered 2 days after ordering!!!

Please fukin refund my money.. it is been 1 month since request

toquinho

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:04:22 PM

Holding steady at 1.7 or so today. I'll report back in one week to let you guys know how it performs in the long run. I only got it cause i thought the feb timeline was acceptable. I would not buy anything in the 1-4TH range for april delivery. February cointerras were 6000 dollars. You can do the calculations yourselves. Not sure the neptunes are good deals for the price. Unless hash power gets up to the 10-20TH level for 6k dollars im not buying any more miners for a while.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:06:15 PM

if you thinking of ordering from these guys, know that they are not fulfilling me as a customer...  they have NOT refunded my money.

What happened? I don't remember the contract promising a refund, am i wrong?
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #ZQtQClOPUdNeuDUS

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 10:37:45 PM

A public service announcement on the CT boxes: 

Make sure you're running the latest firmware. I don't think I need to point out where I installed the new firmware here:
KIDC

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:14:02 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 12:37:52 AM by gmaxwell

A public service announcement on the CT boxes:  

Make sure you're running the latest firmware. I don't think I need to point out where I installed the new firmware here:
[imgx]https://people.xiph.org/~greg/ct_hashrate.png[/img]

Thanks for that graph Gmaxwell. Has there been any adverse effects from the firmware patch, such as increased operating temperature/fan speed, power consumption, or other?

"He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future, conquers the past."
DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:30:12 AM

Hey, where in the shipment queue do you guys think they are?  Are they up to march units yet, anybody know?

My order date is Nov 20th and I got the 'preparing for shipment' email. If you are March, you should get an email pretty soon.

There was another person from Nov 16th that actually got the tracking number and must have got the unit by now.
DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:36:51 AM

They have stated it on their website itself that customers can get a full refund if they want.

http://cointerra.com/update-production-news-janfeb-batch-customer-offer/

20-30% reduction in hash rate causes huge problems and those in April and May will not even be able to break even at current price of Bitcoin. That issue is that its not 20-30% reduction in profit, its basically that the 20-30% is all profit that's coming off considering the investment cost.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 12:39:06 AM

Thanks for that graph Gmaxwell. Has there been any adverse effects from the firmware patch, such as increased operating temperature/fan speed, power consumption, or other?
Not that I've observed. I don't have a power meter specifically on that unit, and guessing from my aggregate load it may have decreased it if anything. Probably better to ask someone with a big farm of them however.  As you can see in that graph, it didn't adversely impact latency at least (DOA rate of 1.2% pretty consistently).
KIDC

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:00:24 AM

Not that I've observed. I don't have a power meter specifically on that unit, and guessing from my aggregate load it may have decreased it if anything. Probably better to ask someone with a big farm of them however.  As you can see in that graph, it didn't adversely impact latency at least (DOA rate of 1.2% pretty consistently).

Ok great, thanks.

"He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future, conquers the past."
KIDC

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:10:08 AM

They have stated it on their website itself that customers can get a full refund if they want.

20-30% reduction in hash rate causes huge problems and those in April and May will not even be able to break even at current price of Bitcoin. That issue is that its not 20-30% reduction in profit, its basically that the 20-30% is all profit that's coming off considering the investment cost.

Yep, I've got two in March batch and two in February. My two in February are just shipping out today, and even they aren't going to make much so I recommend if you have April or later batches to probably go for the refund instead, unless you think you can flip them for a profit of course.

Also, Cointerra fucked up my shipping big time. I now have to wait until Tuesday to get it because they shipped it UPS Ground instead of the UPS Next Day Air I paid $250 a unit for. Great. They told me they would "refund me the difference". Doesn't look like they're going reimburse me for the almost $400 (just at current rates) that this will now cost me, even though they damn well should. I think after this I'm done with any sort of preorder bullshit and I'll be sticking to GPU mining and the gear I already have and will only order from companies such as Bitmain who have proven solid.

I'm currently debating whether to trash them all over the forums/internet because this problem I described above is only a small portion of the bullshit I've suffered at the hands of this company. I'm going to wait for now and see if there's any resolution offered to the various problems I'm having with them and their "hosting partner". Oh and I was told 4-5 weeks for refund - you're not alone jjiimm_64. Unfortunately because of the way this industry operates I'm not sure if it's worth the time as I expect they will get their orders filled regardless. Just look at all the idiots still ordering from BFL.

toquinho

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:51:25 PM

Ok, machine was working great for about 1 day, hashing 1.6-1.8THs, then it just went offline and I cant get it back. Saw other people had the same problem on this thread and they said rebooting several times did the trick. I've tried that many times now with no results. Any suggestions? Its almost impossible to get these guys on the phone.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:37:31 PM

Ok, machine was working great for about 1 day, hashing 1.6-1.8THs, then it just went offline and I cant get it back. Saw other people had the same problem on this thread and they said rebooting several times did the trick. I've tried that many times now with no results. Any suggestions? Its almost impossible to get these guys on the phone.

What exactly happens?

Do you get 2 green leds on each power supply?
Are the fans running?
Does the CNTR1 led go orange for 10 seconds or so and then turn off?
Can you access the web page?
bitblazing

Activity: 109

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:55:16 AM

Yep, I've got two in March batch and two in February. My two in February are just shipping out today, and even they aren't going to make much so I recommend if you have April or later batches to probably go for the refund instead, unless you think you can flip them for a profit of course.

Also, Cointerra fucked up my shipping big time. I now have to wait until Tuesday to get it because they shipped it UPS Ground instead of the UPS Next Day Air I paid $250 a unit for. Great. They told me they would "refund me the difference". Doesn't look like they're going reimburse me for the almost $400 (just at current rates) that this will now cost me, even though they damn well should. I think after this I'm done with any sort of preorder bullshit and I'll be sticking to GPU mining and the gear I already have and will only order from companies such as Bitmain who have proven solid.

I'm currently debating whether to trash them all over the forums/internet because this problem I described above is only a small portion of the bullshit I've suffered at the hands of this company. I'm going to wait for now and see if there's any resolution offered to the various problems I'm having with them and their "hosting partner". Oh and I was told 4-5 weeks for refund - you're not alone jjiimm_64. Unfortunately because of the way this industry operates I'm not sure if it's worth the time as I expect they will get their orders filled regardless. Just look at all the idiots still ordering from BFL.

I would hit up the forum moderator on cointerra web site. He helped me a ton and is a fantastic guy.

Pcpoet

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrency Rules man!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:30:24 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 01:24:40 PM by Pcpoet

Cointerra is totally ignoring me for an RMA. They will not respond to my emails and conversations on Cointerra forum. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM if you expect good customer service they will not honer it. They're one of the most terrible company. Their machine isn't even stable, I leave it at the datacenter and CTA 0 always die during a 2-3 day hashing, so I have to drive 30 minute there every 3 days to power cycle it. I will never ever buy from cointerra again.  

“Yabba Dabba Doo!!”- Fred Flintstone
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 05:45:44 PM

Sadly all the preorders after March is going to lose significant money with 1th 880w boxes at $4000 already with a <7 day delivery, and price will continue to drop as china pump them out like no tomorrow.

I am baffled by the fact their website state the 400gh 400w $1600 cards are sold out with a June delivery. Who in their right mind would preordered those? I have a feeling none bought them and it was cancelled, and cointerra is just blowing hot air.

Terrible situation all around, I hope those who were lucky enough to get theirs in feb are able to ROI.

Looks like the chinese are the ones who ended up able to make and deliver stable miners on time and without completely ripping off the buyers on price - both antminer and the new 1th box are all from mainland china. Who would have thought.....

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:22:54 AM

I leave it at the datacenter and CTA 0 always die during a 2-3 day hashing, so I have to drive 30 minute there every 3 days to power cycle it.

Not to defend CT, but get a remote controlled PDU. Doesnt your DC offer that?
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: