Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:42:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230747 times)
Pcpoet

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrency Rules man!

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:52:32 PM

I leave it at the datacenter and CTA 0 always die during a 2-3 day hashing, so I have to drive 30 minute there every 3 days to power cycle it.

Not to defend CT, but get a remote controlled PDU. Doesnt your DC offer that?

Are you talking about a power distribution unit (PDU)? Can you give me more detail how to use this to my needs? I never heard of this product, do yo you have any reccomendations, brand? thanks.

“Yabba Dabba Doo!!”- Fred Flintstone

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:28:51 PM

I leave it at the datacenter and CTA 0 always die during a 2-3 day hashing, so I have to drive 30 minute there every 3 days to power cycle it.

Are you talking about a power distribution unit (PDU)? Can you give me more detail how to use this to my needs? I never heard of this product, do yo you have any reccomendations, brand? thanks.

No, its a remote reboot or rather power cycle hardware so that you can power cycle your box via the internet. Here is an example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Web-Power-Switch-5-Digital-Loggers-Inc-5-0-Update-Remote-Reboot-Power-Control-/231180617351?pt=US_Power_Distribution_Units&hash=item35d3704687

You will need a cat 5 into the PDU itself with IP address to make it work though. VERY VERY HANDY!!
Pcpoet

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:00:48 PM

No, its a remote reboot or rather power cycle hardware so that you can power cycle your box via the internet. Here is an example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Web-Power-Switch-5-Digital-Loggers-Inc-5-0-Update-Remote-Reboot-Power-Control-/231180617351?pt=US_Power_Distribution_Units&hash=item35d3704687

You will need a cat 5 into the PDU itself with IP address to make it work though. VERY VERY HANDY!!

Thanks, that would come in handy. Now I have to see how I would use it at the Datacenter. I have to ask the employee to change the original to this. What you think of putting a Windows Desktop PC in the datacenter and remotely connect to it to monitor the Teraminers?

DustyRah

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:41:04 PM

Thanks, that would come in handy. Now I have to see how I would use it at the Datacenter. I have to ask the employee to change the original to this. What you think of putting a Windows Desktop PC in the datacenter and remotely connect to it to monitor the Teraminers?

I am not sure how handly the Windows box would be because if you can't connect to the Terraminers from outside the datacenter(via Web, SSH), it would be almost the same from the Windows machine inside the data center as well. If there are a bunch of Terraminers, it would be nice to monitor them all off of a Windows box though to keep them all behind a firewall.
KIDC

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:35:34 AM

I am not sure how handly the Windows box would be because if you can't connect to the Terraminers from outside the datacenter(via Web, SSH), it would be almost the same from the Windows machine inside the data center as well. If there are a bunch of Terraminers, it would be nice to monitor them all off of a Windows box though to keep them all behind a firewall.

I do this myself personally - I run a basic box onsite that I connect to remotely from Teamviewer to manage multiple CTA and Antminer units. I don't know of a way to connect to the WebUI systems they use for management outside of the LAN, so I just use Teamviewer to get behind the LAN and then log in from there. Right now I've got one unit running on Eligius so I can just have a bookmark for that address and check it frequently and I've got another on GHASH that should send me an email if there's a hashrate drop.

"He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future, conquers the past."
KIDC

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:47:22 AM

Cointerra is totally ignoring me for an RMA. They will not respond to my emails and conversations on Cointerra forum. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM if you expect good customer service they will not honer it. They're one of the most terrible company. Their machine isn't even stable, I leave it at the datacenter and CTA 0 always die during a 2-3 day hashing, so I have to drive 30 minute there every 3 days to power cycle it. I will never ever buy from cointerra again.  

[sad face snip]

Another possibility is just using simple timers. If it always fails after 2-3 days, then perhaps just have a timer to turn it off for 5 minutes once every 24 hours? My Dad has had flaky hardware that would screw up in a similar manner and this automatic scheduled power cycle once a day resolved his problems and kept it responsive. He used just a basic wall outlet timer he got at Home Depot for cheap, nothing fancy just consumer grade stuff. Just keep in mind that whatever timer you get will need to handle all the amps these pull. I'm not sure also on if you'd have to power cycle both PSUs at the same time or in quick succession - I only just got mine and haven't experimented with the "3 second window" thing on powerup yet.

"He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future, conquers the past."
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:12:25 AM

Cointerra is totally ignoring me for an RMA. They will not respond to my emails and conversations on Cointerra forum. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM if you expect good customer service they will not honer it. They're one of the most terrible company. Their machine isn't even stable, I leave it at the datacenter and CTA 0 always die during a 2-3 day hashing, so I have to drive 30 minute there every 3 days to power cycle it. I will never ever buy from cointerra again.  

Try logging in via SSH and issuing a reboot command from the command prompt, it usually gets the dead core up for me so you don't have to drive 30 minutes. 
Pcpoet

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:10:46 PM

[/quote]
Try logging in via SSH and issuing a reboot command from the command prompt, it usually gets the dead core up for me so you don't have to drive 30 minutes.  
[/quote]

How do you log in  the SSH???

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:20:32 PM

I do this myself personally - I run a basic box onsite that I connect to remotely from Teamviewer to manage multiple CTA and Antminer units. I don't know of a way to connect to the WebUI systems they use for management outside of the LAN, so I just use Teamviewer to get behind the LAN and then log in from there. Right now I've got one unit running on Eligius so I can just have a bookmark for that address and check it frequently and I've got another on GHASH that should send me an email if there's a hashrate drop.

This is essentially what I've done as well and so far it's worked out quite well. Since we've got other servers in our rack, I was able to spin up a Windows 7 VM...cleaned it up, and the only things on it are Chrome, PuTTy, and AVG. I'm behind my company's firewall with an exception for my IP, so I connect up via direct RDP, but I'll probably switch over to an IPSec tunnel soon.

I also use the 'Bitcoin Mining Monitor' Chrome extension set up with my API key from BTCGuild, so I constantly see my current total hashrate. Any fluctuations below the norm and I usually see it, and act on it, pretty quickly.

How do you log in  the SSH???

There are a few ways, but if you're using a Windows-based machine you can use PuTTy, which is a fairly popular SSH and Telnet tool. Assuming your unit is configured to allow SSH (which I think it is by default) and you know the IP of your CoinTerra unit, select to connect to it via SSH / port 22. I believe the default login info to the unit is: root / cointerra
Once in, just type reboot to restart the device.

Pcpoet

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:30:18 PM

So I know the IP  address 240.XXX.XX.XXX, and then how do I connect to 192.168.1.XXX?Huh How do I connect to 240.XXX.XX.XXX and point to 192.168.1.XXX??? Please let me know  thanks.

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:02:32 PM

So I know the IP  address 240.XXX.XX.XXX, and then how do I connect to 192.168.1.XXX?Huh How do I connect to 240.XXX.XX.XXX and point to 192.168.1.XXX??? Please let me know  thanks.

I suppose we're going to need more info on your datacenter setup to answer that. It can get complicated depending on how your NAT and IP forwarding was set up.

Just so I'm clear, you're trying to connect to the 240.x.x.x address (the public facing IP given to you by the datacenter?), and then access your CoinTerra unit (which is addressed on the 192.168.x.x subnet)? Nothing in between (a firewall, for example), and nothing happens when you try to SSH directly to the 240.x.x.x address?

testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:56:04 AM

So I know the IP  address 240.XXX.XX.XXX, and then how do I connect to 192.168.1.XXX?Huh How do I connect to 240.XXX.XX.XXX and point to 192.168.1.XXX??? Please let me know  thanks.
You really want a good router with good VPN support so you can VPN in and access the miners that way and/or a local computer there you can remote into to admin the Cointerra units more easily.

If you don't know how to do any of that you probably shouldn't just be signing up for a data center!  It sounds like you put the machine there and had them directly connect it to the data line?  That's not gonna work if they probably gave you a static IP-you would have to get into the cointerra unit first to configure it to use that specific static IP, but this would leave your WebUI and SSH exposed to the open internet and leave you much more vulnerable to getting compromised.

I would ask whoever is at the data center to see if they can temporarily loan you a router and have them log into the webUI for you to configure the static IP to whatever your static IP is, then hook the cointerra back up to the open internet...just make sure you set a really secure password for the webUI and changed the ssh root password to something very secure.  And then make sure you're using https:// to connect to your cointerra because the http:// webUI sends the fucking passwords in cleartext.

I'm really not sure how you got it setup, is it behind a router or not over there?  How have you been able to connect to the unit?

If you have a cheap old PC they'll let u throw there as a remote machine it makes life a little easier lol.
Pcpoet

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:03:56 AM

Actually I do have a Cisco Firewall VPN router there. But when I try to setup vpn the router say it wants to change the IP Address to something like 10.XX.1X.XX instead of 198.1.168.1. So I didn't do it. What happens if I click on apply? I'm afraid I can't connect to the datacenter static Ip anymore.

CurcO

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:41:39 AM

Man CT has some work to do < see  Huh I found a Newer FW off their website that they actually have ver  6.57 which actually gets the TerraMiner to go wild abit , I've been on it for 24 hr and see that its good step, however can be slower sometime and way faster other times so I guess that it might not be ready for prime time. Power Step 8
FYI how to get it PM me or just go to their website and chose firmware download -> COPY link which ends in /TerraMiner_0.6.48.tgz and replace 48 for 57 .... so you know its legit. I hope to see a newer ver since this also runs cgminer 4.0.1 and has a date of 3/3/14

CHeers , and yes use at your own risk

DarwinNexus

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:45:24 PM

I'm getting around 1.7TH with my Cointerra.
Any word on when we should be expecting that new firmware?  Getting a little impatient with them...
DustyRah

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:38:04 AM

I'm getting around 1.7TH with my Cointerra.
Any word on when we should be expecting that new firmware?  Getting a little impatient with them...

You are lucking to be getting that 1.7TH...It ain't gettin any higher any time soon or rather ever...
CurcO

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:23:52 PM

yep dam lucky you are. I only get 1.5-1.6 Th/s just a disappointment with a 2Th/s miner; now I go ahead and buy a cheap A1 1Th miner and I get a 1.1+ Th/s , wait!  Huh something just does not add up here.
Shaban

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:25:31 PM

Can anyone help me with my terraminer? It randomly stopped working and idk why. fans still turn on, but not mining, can't connect to the control panel, and it's not connecting to the internet.

It all started when Ghash.IO went down for about 20 minutes this early morning.
Shaban

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:10:47 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 05:29:18 PM by Shaban

Can anyone help me with my terraminer? It randomly stopped working and idk why. fans still turn on, but not mining, can't connect to the control panel, and it's not connecting to the internet.

It all started when Ghash.IO went down for about 20 minutes this early morning.

have you tried doing a factory reset?

thanks

The reset button on the front? I tried that. I tried pressing it for a short time, I tried pressing and holding it, and nothing worked. No lights are coming on at all. No green lights, no amber lights, no red lights. The lights on the back of the TM (where you connect the power cords) is turning on though. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, not working. Someone else said it's a problem with the beaglebone (sp?), but I don't know how to fix that or if I even can. It's not showing up under my DHCP.
btcsean

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:34:19 PM

New firmware posted today. Has anybody tried it?
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: