Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:25:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125833 times)
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:38:49 PM

If anybody is interested in buying a D3 for 0.1 BTC + shipping (from the US) let me know by PM. I'm running blissz firmware v1.12 and it's working pretty well.
deezhere

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:33:33 PM

Thanks for the good work. Do you think it is possible for the D3 Asics to go for X13? I have no idea how different X11 and X13 algo is. But if that would be possible it would be really cool.

Not possible. It should be possible to run one of the single algorithms from X11 though since they are all already fully supported.
Cartol

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:21:42 PM

After installing the firmware i cant login in to the ssh connection the root /admin dont work anymore

HELP please ....

Try a reset first. If that won't work you might have to do a recover with the micro sd card method as described on the first page.

Just so its clear reset the machine by pushing the reset button / or do you mean reset by reflashing stock firmware (did i change the password ?)

thanks man

i know that there is a lot of questions but can you give me an answer Huh

Hey man,

maybe im wrong. But the standard Login is root / root . Maybe you try this first.
Then try the reset Button.

greetings
cryptojacker

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:56:09 PM

Hello! Too many pages. My eyes are crossed. I have a D3 with a dead board. Is there anything I can do to bring it back to life? It worked fine at first. Nothing looks burned. Thanks for the help.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:02:35 AM

Hello! Too many pages. My eyes are crossed. I have a D3 with a dead board. Is there anything I can do to bring it back to life? It worked fine at first. Nothing looks burned. Thanks for the help.

Hello, i don't know much about this firmware yet but software aren't fixes for hardware issues, try lowering clock and check input voltage. I have tons of people that ask me for gpu bios mods to fix hardware issues and it's only ever of use for stability issues caused by improper voltage.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Stargirlinsapporo

Activity: 6
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:30:00 AM

Hi everyone
Something when wrong while flashing firmware
Miner won't start
Made sd card to recover firmware from official webpage but seems some files are missing. After adding files from Blissz miner starts, makes fans and boards check, red light off, green light starts blinking... and then all over again
Can anyone share a full recovery image?
As much as I understand there must be separate kernel and other files
cryptojacker

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:46:18 AM

Hello, i don't know much about this firmware yet but software aren't fixes for hardware issues, try lowering clock and check input voltage. I have tons of people that ask me for gpu bios mods to fix hardware issues and it's only ever of use for stability issues caused by improper voltage.

I am asking because the L3+ thread I read says putting some firmware on a micro SD card may do the trick for them. I have the D3 only connected to the unrecognized hash board. I set it to 100mhz, lowest setting, and fans are AUTO silent. And what happens is the fans spin up to max and seem to stay there. When I plug in the other boards only everything works fine. Changed up the cables and even swapped controller boards and everything checks out. Just this one hashboard that stopped working. Sad Thanks again for any help.

Additionally, I asked an electronics guy in town to take a look at it and he found that some parts were registering as having resistance (or not) that were counter to what he had been taught. But then checking the same parts on working boards boards they did the same thing. He said the Chinese have weird ways of doing things. He was asking for a schematic of the board but I never found that. Is this thing dead dead dead or can it be resurrected. Thanks!!!!!
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:12:51 AM

Thanks for the good work. Do you think it is possible for the D3 Asics to go for X13? I have no idea how different X11 and X13 algo is. But if that would be possible it would be really cool.

Unlikely.  **

**Which from me translates to no way in hell really but I don't like to make absolute statements...
there is always something you don't know like :
*IF* (also unlikely)  bitmain has secretly developed the asics to do the missing algos and has some sort of virtual secret club handshake to turn it on
X11 to x13 to x15 is simply adding a few algos and with an FPGA "technically" easy-peasy but with a hardcoded chip? The ability would have to already be there before you could do it.. now that doesn't mean bitmain at this very moment isn't getting ramped up to run x13 and x15 and anything else really .. 'cause if you can do those then "almost" any algo can be done with asics with little extra R&D costs.

See what I'm sayin'?

wedwo

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:49:26 AM

The best thing about this firmware for me is the fact that my miner runs despite the front fan sensor being faulty.  Previously, it would shut down because the fan is not sending the correct signal to the control board.  Now it runs and ignores that (which is perfect).  The fan works 100%, speeds up, slows down, but doesn't send it's speed to the controller.  I don't have to replace this expensive $80 fan any more now, it just runs.
ainarssems

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:27:55 AM

It would be great if it was possible to separate the different algorithms to have the option to run them on their own.
blissz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:16:53 AM

Please try to run it with only that board connected to the first chain connector. Try to swap PSU / chain cables to see if it gets detected. Try to start at default voltage (13) and set a low frequency to see if you can get it working (200Mhz).
If that works: decrease voltage / increase clockspeed slowly until you found the sweet spot
blissz (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:18:15 AM

The best thing about this firmware for me is the fact that my miner runs despite the front fan sensor being faulty.  Previously, it would shut down because the fan is not sending the correct signal to the control board.  Now it runs and ignores that (which is perfect).  The fan works 100%, speeds up, slows down, but doesn't send it's speed to the controller.  I don't have to replace this expensive $80 fan any more now, it just runs.

Glad it helped you out Grin
blissz (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:21:36 AM

Hi everyone
Miner won't start
Made sd card to recover firmware from official webpage but seems some files are missing. After adding files from Blissz miner starts, makes fans and boards check, red light off, green light starts blinking... and then all over again

The topic start shows you how to make a correct sd card for recovery, but in your case I don;t think it's needed: just connect one chain instead of them all and see what happens. It can also be the case that you set your clocks too high: so after it started up: go the advanced screen directly and set the voltage to lowest and frequency to 400Mhz as a starting point. I am quite sure that will help you out
Stargirlinsapporo

Activity: 6
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:47:05 AM

Hi everyone
Miner won't start

The topic start shows you how to make a correct sd card for recovery, but in your case I don;t think it's needed: just connect one chain instead of them all and see what happens. It can also be the case that you set your clocks too high: so after it started up: go the advanced screen directly and set the voltage to lowest and frequency to 400Mhz as a starting point. I am quite sure that will help you out

Thank you for reply!
I tried to use method described in the topic start at first and... it didn't work. The thing is that miner doesn't get connected to network at all. It doesn't get IP, so I cannot get to the web interface.
The green light on miner starts blinking, blinks for some time and then goes off. Then, miner tries to start again (check fans etc).
Before adding files from custom firmware there was no even check procedure. So, I guess some of the necessary files disappeared...
How can I get full set of files? ...
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:33:20 AM

It would be great if it was possible to separate the different algorithms to have the option to run them on their own.

So I started to try to work on this... and here is my opinion on the matter AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!! stupid @#$$%#@^#^# thing!!!
There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth leading up to that conclusion. Smiley
I'm a little ocd about stupid things though so I'll go from "I never want to see that thing again until there is a baseball bat in my hand"
to "welllll maybe I could try this one other thing...."
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:44:16 AM

Glad it helped you out Grin

I rolled the dice and flashed my D3, i have to say, this firmware has a lot more proper-like features than Bitmain's stock crap. Kudos there. I was wondering about the voltage, are you using numbers because you can't actually read/tell the real values?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
blissz (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:37:39 PM

I rolled the dice and flashed my D3, i have to say, this firmware has a lot more proper-like features than Bitmain's stock crap. Kudos there. I was wondering about the voltage, are you using numbers because you can't actually read/tell the real values?

I can't really tell the real voltage as I hardmodded my unit at first. I can't tell it per ASIC chip as I haven't measured, but for the total chain the voltage is something like this:

lowest: 7.3v
default: 8.2v
highest: 9.1v

I hope this helps
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:46:15 PM

I can't really tell the real voltage as I hardmodded my unit at first. I can't tell it per ASIC chip as I haven't measured, but for the total chain the voltage is something like this:

lowest: 7.3v
default: 8.2v
highest: 9.1v

I hope this helps

Yep. In a "I like to know" way i guess. It gives me an idea of the steps and what to expect. I've messed quite a bit with input voltage with the S'es and pen/resistor mods on S1/S3. Anyhow, thanks for the work, per board settings is top notch.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
cryptojacker

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:30:45 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 03:15:00 PM by cryptojacker

Please try to run it with only that board connected to the first chain connector. Try to swap PSU / chain cables to see if it gets detected. Try to start at default voltage (13) and set a low frequency to see if you can get it working (200Mhz).
If that works: decrease voltage / increase clockspeed slowly until you found the sweet spot

Blissz, no go. chain 1, 200mhz, 13. Stepped up to 14, 15, 16, 17. Nothing. The other two cards run fine when connected. The machine is out of warranty. Please advise. 
Cartol

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:52:02 PM

Blissz, no go. chain 1, 200mhz, 13. Nothing. The other two cards run fine when connected. Please advise.

it seems like its realy dead. mine first chain is dead aswell. i tried all cables etc.
i will send it back 4 warranty repair on monday.
the warranty procedure of bitmain is the biggest shit ive ever saw on the internet! But i managed to get it done.
hopefully they dont send back used crap. as they did to others *fingers crossed*

@blissz
great work with the firmware! i like the fact that my miner dont sound like a F1 car anymore Cheesy cause i can manage fanspeed properly!
is it possible that you make a shutdown button at the GUI? or is the hardware not made 4 such a feature?
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: