Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:14:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125816 times)
mtaboneweb

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:42:45 PM

Clearly I missed the fee part. I choose not to run it since I really don't know what else may be in there but I never intended any disrespect or take away from the effort. This is just my decision not to use.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xjkeee

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:05:26 AM

Blissz I just upgraded my 6 rigs to your new release.   With 12/2 version I went 2 days with absolutely NO HW Errors..   All the sudden all rigs had tons of HW.   Assuming now that new release needs more power for some reason.  I'm going back to 12/2. 

throw off please the firmware from 02/12
mikespax

Activity: 362
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:34:37 AM

I'll be running about 15 D3s on this firmware in the next couple of days, thanks!

Bitrated user: mikespax.
markoive

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:05:03 AM

Did you wait for D3 to boot, They don't start spinning right away , you need to wait for D3 to boot it might take 30-40 sec and then they should start spining. At least that's how mine are

https://static.arctic.ac/media/wysiwyg/Products/F9_PWM_REV2/tech_data/F9_PWM_Rev2_T02_1.jpg

he means: file off / cut off the two plastic pieces that stick out a bit

Thank, Blissz.
I did it. So I have connected it to all 4 pins, so, the connection is okay. Just it doesn't start.
Did try both fans on my computer - works perfectly, RPM control does work.

I guess, probably, I need change some setups in the General Properties and then connect it?

So, you, guys, just plug it into FAN1 and FAN2 socket and it has worked?
martyshmoo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:54:20 AM

blissz, please add the dev pool back so it's obvious to the blundering idiots that can't read the first post, or read through the thread a little bit before blindly flashing new firmware on their antminer.

I for one thought it was obvious by reading the first post that there was a 1.5% dev pool, I don't believe blissz was trying to hide anything.  Also, my two D3s were running at 14.5 - 15GH/s at around 1050 watts on the stock bitmain firmware.  Now they are running at ~18 GH at 980 watts on blissz firmware.  So I'll gladly pay a 1.5% fee for a 20% bump in hashing power at a slightly lower power usage....

Appreciate the work blissz,  (careful, sarcasm ahead..) maybe you should create a pro version of the firmware without the fee and charge $50 upfront for it?  No wait, that wouldn't work because people would just pass around the firmware to make extra profit off of your hard work...  Guess it makes sense to just add a small fee into the firmware...

Here is a thought,

Tell us how it is calculated! Tell us how you arrive at 1.5%??

Because as I watch my miner fade away from the mining site every two hours for 10 minutes....

10 minutes out of 120...hmmmm 8.3%

I am thinking, this is Blissz...

Is there any way I can be sure there is not more than 1.5% being mined for you. So far all other miners on treasurequarry get 0.0013 average per share, and I am getting 0.0042 average per share.

Same machine, and I make sure I am faster than the other two, and I still get one third of the other miners.

So please, tell me how the 1.5% is calculated, and I will leave you alone about it. This is why this is all in this forum, BECAUSE IT IS NOT CLEAR!

i cannot help to think it is not exactly 1.5%. AND I think disconnecting from my pool every two hours fucks me in some way with the psow or w/e the fuk./they call it

Just tell me, how is it (1.5%) calculated. That is why this question comes up, because "how" is not clear, not the "what". We all get the 1.5, its the HOW, we do not get....

The other two miners on treasurequarry have orig firmware, they stay 18-20G/H all day, MINE?, well every time I look at it it says 13G/H, and slowly creeps back to 19, then back to 13.....Cards fine, Miner fine,

Blissz, I think there is more to this,

Is there?

M

PS

It is just so frigging aggravating to check at the mining site, and see my miner (I call him lil' 13 G-because the sites always say I am mining 13G/H, not the 19 or 21 that my maching does.)ALWAYS doing worse than the others.

WAY WORSE, NOT 1.5% worse! we are talking 35-75% worse...

But I will keep learning.

Learn me Dis:

How do I properly put the original FW back on my machine?

Now that I am mining 50% what others get, I can go deaf, and at least make what they do...

Otherwise Love the software, and If I had your ability, I WOULD NOT OF THOUGHT OF IT AS A WAY OF MAKING MONEY< rather helping others. What an idea, helping others.

Greed and Vanity are sins. They are sins for a reason.

How do I get back to original FW please kind sir.

M
martyshmoo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:18:41 AM

blissz, please add the dev pool back so it's obvious to the blundering idiots that can't read the first post, or read through the thread a little bit before blindly flashing new firmware on their antminer.

I for one thought it was obvious by reading the first post that there was a 1.5% dev pool, I don't believe blissz was trying to hide anything.  Also, my two D3s were running at 14.5 - 15GH/s at around 1050 watts on the stock bitmain firmware.  Now they are running at ~18 GH at 980 watts on blissz firmware.  So I'll gladly pay a 1.5% fee for a 20% bump in hashing power at a slightly lower power usage....

Appreciate the work blissz,  (careful, sarcasm ahead..) maybe you should create a pro version of the firmware without the fee and charge $50 upfront for it?  No wait, that wouldn't work because people would just pass around the firmware to make extra profit off of your hard work...  Guess it makes sense to just add a small fee into the firmware...

Blundering Idiots.

Following you.

This Blundering idiot just wants to know how and when the miner mines for someone else. sorry to blunder.... you DIK
may142012

Activity: 301
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:28:23 AM

Hi Blissz, does your firmware have a protection to shut down the miner if my internet gets disconnected? You know the hashboards keep running when there is no internet connection.
nitego

Activity: 123

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:51:19 AM

Hello,

Thanks for taking time to solve this D3 problem. I am quiet ready to download and install this firmware. I do have a few questions. How does the Dev Pool work? Do you have a mining Pool I must connect too? Are all X11 coins available on this Dev Pool.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:07:19 AM

Hello,

Thanks for taking time to solve this D3 problem. I am quiet ready to download and install this firmware. I do have a few questions. How does the Dev Pool work? Do you have a mining Pool I must connect too? Are all X11 coins available on this Dev Pool.

That's already baked-in, you don't need to do anything, the miner will automatically stop mining for you and start mining for the dev a few minutes every couple of hours. Don't listen to the idiots that complain about 1.5% To make it clear to see, if you're getting a hashrate of 19300, you get instead 19010, who cares?
nitego

Activity: 123

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:17:16 AM

Hello,

That's already baked-in, you don't need to do anything, the miner will automatically stop mining for you and start mining for the dev a few minutes every couple of hours. Don't listen to the idiots that complain about 1.5% To make it clear to see, if you're getting a hashrate of 19300, you get instead 19010, who cares?

Thanks the explanation I will be flashing my first D3 watch it for a week and then the others.
clyjr

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:51:21 AM

Asking how the fee is obtained, and complaining that the fee is hidden from people are two different things.  If you are saying that you think the fee isn't really 1.5% as blissz says, then you should make it clear that that is your concern. 
As for how to put the stock firmware back on, you flash it the same way you flash any of the blissz firmware versions...

Based on nicehash going down and the sorry state of most other pools I've tried, I for one can't say that the fee is truly 1.5%.  If you are really concerned the fee is pulling more than 1.5%, you would need to mine the same pool for long enough on the bitmain firmware, then the blissz firmware and compare the results.   
I'm pretty sure the fee is 1.5% of your time and was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I guess it could be added on the first post to help avoid confusion.
My understanding of the way pool switching payouts works though isn't that great, so by taking 1.5% of your hashing time, it may take more than 1.5% of your payout?  To say he is hiding the fee is inaccurate. (unless of course it turned out the fee was actually higher than expected), it was clearly discussed before the first firmware was released.

For me though, I was on nicehash prior to using the blissz firmware, now I'm using antpool, so I don't have a good stock firmware vs blissz firmware comparison.  I can say that I have had a hell of a time getting the stated payouts on my gpu miners though, and after switching from a multi algo switching pool to mining a single algorithm I get better results.  As far as I've seen all of the dev fees I've run across work the same way, the developer adds in code that switches to mine to their pool for X amount of time...

Here is a thought,

Tell us how it is calculated! Tell us how you arrive at 1.5%??

Because as I watch my miner fade away from the mining site every two hours for 10 minutes....

10 minutes out of 120...hmmmm 8.3%

I am thinking, this is Blissz...

Is there any way I can be sure there is not more than 1.5% being mined for you. So far all other miners on treasurequarry get 0.0013 average per share, and I am getting 0.0042 average per share.

Same machine, and I make sure I am faster than the other two, and I still get one third of the other miners.

So please, tell me how the 1.5% is calculated, and I will leave you alone about it. This is why this is all in this forum, BECAUSE IT IS NOT CLEAR!

i cannot help to think it is not exactly 1.5%. AND I think disconnecting from my pool every two hours fucks me in some way with the psow or w/e the fuk./they call it

Just tell me, how is it (1.5%) calculated. That is why this question comes up, because "how" is not clear, not the "what". We all get the 1.5, its the HOW, we do not get....

The other two miners on treasurequarry have orig firmware, they stay 18-20G/H all day, MINE?, well every time I look at it it says 13G/H, and slowly creeps back to 19, then back to 13.....Cards fine, Miner fine,

Blissz, I think there is more to this,

Is there?

M

PS

It is just so frigging aggravating to check at the mining site, and see my miner (I call him lil' 13 G-because the sites always say I am mining 13G/H, not the 19 or 21 that my maching does.)ALWAYS doing worse than the others.

WAY WORSE, NOT 1.5% worse! we are talking 35-75% worse...

But I will keep learning.

Learn me Dis:

How do I properly put the original FW back on my machine?

Now that I am mining 50% what others get, I can go deaf, and at least make what they do...

Otherwise Love the software, and If I had your ability, I WOULD NOT OF THOUGHT OF IT AS A WAY OF MAKING MONEY< rather helping others. What an idea, helping others.

Greed and Vanity are sins. They are sins for a reason.

How do I get back to original FW please kind sir.

M
SimpleCoin8

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:39:16 AM

Tell them you aren’t scamming us Blissz. Say it ain’t so.
BitAntonius

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:20:45 AM

Changes 08/12:
- fixed pool priority issue after a pool temporary died.

Thanks for this! I'll be testing priority changes at the new version.
blissz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:21:09 AM

Hi Blissz, does your firmware have a protection to shut down the miner if my internet gets disconnected? You know the hashboards keep running when there is no internet connection.

It does not shutdown directly. It will try to solve the current block. It is just operating as normal actually. I have plans to add a timeout. I.e. if more then 5 minutes no internet, shut it down until there is internet again as it's a bit of an energy waste now...
blissz (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:37:08 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 10:15:23 AM by blissz

Most of you know better, but let's try to be helpful Smiley
Look at the kernel log / connect whattomine / look at your mining stats and you will all see how it works:

every two hours it will mine exactly 1 minute and 50 seconds on one of the dev pools I hardcoded. This goes automatically / independent of the pools you have configured yourself. After that it will mine 2 hours on your pools again etc....

If you do see a reduced hashrate on your pool I think this might help some of you:

• you're on an older firmware  which had a bug where it could not switch back to the main pool if it was down and it could hang for two hours in the dev pool.
  • you only have one pool configured. If your main pool dies it will jump to the next alive pool (which is then the devfee pool)
  • your main pool is not stable so it switches to the backup pool sometimes (which will cause that the hashrate is divided over two pools)
  • you mine on a pool that scams you
  • you have so many hardware errors / xxxx that kills your hashrate. (and have auto reboot disabled)
  • you have an unstable internet connection: this will cause that you get the work packages late and you get a lot more then normal discarded shares, because they couldn't be delivered to the pool in time
  • Same as the previous point, but then a bad connection on the pool operator side.
  • For some other reason your d3 just doesn't like my firmware -> just flash back to stock ( I can't think of anything else then the above, but I am just a human...)

Ok so where to start: the kernel log will be really helpful if you experience problems. Furthermore you can run a ping on the pool for a few hours to see if you get lost packages. If you're still in doubt: just post your problem here (describe it good and post your kernel log) so myself or a fellow forum member can help you out.

edit: added the last line, which is a possibility of course :')
SimpleCoin8

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:23:09 AM

Most of you know better, but let's try to be helpful Smiley
Look at the kernel log / connect whattomine / look at your mining stats and you will all see how it works:

every two hours it will mine exactly 1 minute and 50 seconds on one of the dev pools I hardcoded. This goes automatically / independent of the pools you have configured yourself. After that it will mine 2 hours on your pools again etc....

If you do see a reduced hashrate on your pool I think this might help some of you:

• you're on an older firmware  which had a bug where it could not switch back to the main pool if it was down and it could hang for two hours in the dev pool.
  • you only have one pool configured. If your main pool dies it will jump to the next alive pool (which is then the devfee pool)
  • your main pool is not stable so it switches to the backup pool sometimes (which will cause that the hashrate is divided over two pools)
  • you mine on a pool that scams you
  • you have so many hardware errors / xxxx that kills your hashrate. (and have auto reboot disabled)
  • you have an unstable internet connection: this will cause that you get the work packages late and you get a lot more then normal discarded shares, because they couldn't be delivered to the pool in time
  • Same as the previous point, but then a bad connection on the pool operator side.
  • For some other reason your d3 just doesn't like my firmware -> just flash back to stock ( I can't think of anything else then the above, but I am just a human...)

Ok so where to start: the kernel log will be really helpful if you experience problems. Furthermore you can run a ping on the pool for a few hours to see if you get lost packages. If you're still in doubt: just post your problem here (describe it good and post your kernel log) so myself or a fellow forum member can help you out.

edit: added the last line, which is a possibility of course :')

Thanks for the thorough explanation. Great job on the firmware buddy. I appreciate the work you have done to improve our space heaters’ efficiency.
Triangulum

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:28:43 PM

Hi Blissz,

I think there is a bug in your latest firmware 08/12 v1.11. On the Miner Status page, the chains are numbered 2, 3, 4, but on the Miner Advanced Configuration page, they are numbered 1, 2, 3. Any changes made to chain 2 on the Miner Configuration page will be applied to chain 3 on the Miner Status page, and any changes to chain 3 will be applied to chain 3 and 4. Changes to chain 1 on the Miner Configuration page doesn't seem to affect anything.

As an experiment, I set the global frequency at 450M, chain 1 at 444M, chain 2 at 438M and chain 3 at 425M. Below is an excerpt from kernel log:

Jan  1 00:35:47 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: set_frequency: frequency = 444
Jan  1 00:35:47 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: set_frequency: frequency = 438
Jan  1 00:35:47 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: set_frequency: frequency = 425
Jan  1 00:35:47 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: set_frequency: frequency = 425
Jan  1 00:35:47 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: software_set_address: chain 0 has 0 ASIC, and addrInterval is 1
Jan  1 00:35:47 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: software_set_address: chain 1 has 60 ASIC, and addrInterval is 1
Jan  1 00:35:47 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: Now Set [1] Chain Address
Jan  1 00:35:48 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: software_set_address: chain 2 has 60 ASIC, and addrInterval is 1
Jan  1 00:35:48 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: Now Set [2] Chain Address
Jan  1 00:35:48 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: software_set_address: chain 3 has 60 ASIC, and addrInterval is 1
Jan  1 00:35:48 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: Now Set [3] Chain Address

On the Miner Status page, it shows that the frequency of chain 2, 3, and 4 are 438M, 425M, and 425M respectively.
Rocto

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:52:47 PM

Hi Blissz,

I think there is a bug in your latest firmware 08/12 v1.11. On the Miner Status page, the chains are numbered 2, 3, 4, but on the Miner Advanced Configuration page, they are numbered 1, 2, 3. Any changes made to chain 2 on the Miner Configuration page will be applied to chain 3 on the Miner Status page, and any changes to chain 3 will be applied to chain 3 and 4. Changes to chain 1 on the Miner Configuration page doesn't seem to affect anything.

As an experiment, I set the global frequency at 450M, chain 1 at 444M, chain 2 at 438M and chain 3 at 425M. Below is an excerpt from kernel log:

Jan  1 00:35:47 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: set_frequency: frequency = 444
Jan  1 00:35:47 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: set_frequency: frequency = 438
Jan  1 00:35:47 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: software_set_address: chain 0 has 0 ASIC, and addrInterval is 1
Jan  1 00:35:47 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: software_set_address: chain 1 has 60 ASIC, and addrInterval is 1
Jan  1 00:35:47 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: Now Set [1] Chain Address
Jan  1 00:35:48 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: software_set_address: chain 2 has 60 ASIC, and addrInterval is 1
Jan  1 00:35:48 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: Now Set [2] Chain Address
Jan  1 00:35:48 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: software_set_address: chain 3 has 60 ASIC, and addrInterval is 1
Jan  1 00:35:48 (none) local0.notice cgminer[12817]: Now Set [3] Chain Address

On the Miner Status page, it shows that the frequency of chain 2, 3, and 4 are 438M, 425M, and 425M respectively.

check the connections on the hashboard. mine had 1,2, and 4. bitmain connected hashboard 3 wrong, into port 4. maybe port 1 is empty?
hazzardouz

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:42:24 PM

Worse than ever. 20 minutes of mining then WHAM.. stuck on Dev Fee mining?
blissz (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:10:40 PM

Worse than ever. 20 minutes of mining then WHAM.. stuck on Dev Fee mining?

How many pools you have configured? Please post a screenshot of the miner status window and post your kernel log.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: