Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:05:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125833 times)
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:23:51 AM

Sometimes I wonder why people like this even bother replying... the whole point of me making a post here is not so I can brag about what I already "understand".... it's clearly because I don't and have a question to ask and would like an answer.

Ugg I'm not trying to be a jerk man but you are just really missing some big electrical concepts and I don't want you to fry your unit. Let's say it this way, the D3 run's at ~1100 Watts on 13/13/13 at 120v that's 9.2Amps (1100/120 = 9.16). That's your power draw. If you are on a 15 amp breaker switch you shouldn't put much more on it, typically 80% of the rated breaker is the max an electrician will tell you (15 * .8 = 12 amps max). Anything more than 12 Amps on a 15 amp breaker running CONSTANTLY might pop the breaker switch. Now that is out of the way changing to 13/18/13 will draw more current, I'm not sure how much but what I will say it applying that much voltage to the board has the risk of overheating or instantly electrocuting the ASIC chips on the hashboard. Thus if you don't understand these concepts I'd highly recommend you not to go past the 13 setting.

Agreed 100%. Learning more about messing with electricity is key if you don't want to trash your gear.

That said, if you want to mess around and are more concerned about draw than damaging your D3, you CAN pick up a kill-a-watt and figure out your voltage/draw without math.

Honestly with 1200 potential output, the odds are that the psu would fry (read might even catch on fire) unless it has alot of over this and that protection built in, not gonna trip a breaker or even really fry the machine (unless burning wires melt the plastic 6 pin plugs) the boards though can handle more than the 13, there is just no significant gain (I know he didn't care about that my point is you would be pouring more electricity in and getting nothing out of it really. I mean going from 13  into the 20's and maxing out freq step by step until you get a bunch of errors you go from like 19ghs to 20.5 and who knows what the difference in watts are...  anyway he asked if it would trip the breaker, and no it won't unless there are other things running.. microwave or vaccum cleaner? miner on=instant trip.  13 to 15 though probably won't make a significant enough difference - not 100% on that since I neither have a kil-owat meter nor do I have a way to see the miner-side draw. - if that goes over 1200..well unless there is an overtemp trip in the psu things will get hot. - maybe news at 11 hot...(//edit for adding :over 1200 miner side - at the wall he has a limit of about 1600.. the 80% figure above comes from cheap contractors so maybe go with what homeboy said.. assume cheap assed bastards.. hehe I put in my own wiring fairly often and forget that other people don't go.. I'm putting a 10 amp breaker in.. use 15amp wire.. putting in a 20? use 30 amp wire etc... it's kind of a thing of mine. //)
funminer

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:20:00 AM

Stranger you sound like a bully, go ahead and release your crapware, I'll still support blissz. The proper response for you is to make a competing product with better pricing structure (or free, Mr. nice guy), but you can't actually do that. Can you? Ahahahaha

No I'm all for Blissz keeping the fee. Can you not read. The point here is the open source licensed software needs to be open source. Blizzs did a great job with his mod's and I totally support him in that he should be compensated but that has nothing to do with taking open source code and claiming it as his own.

i need a firmware with  like this blitz but needs to show like original bitman  because some site ban this 4.10.0
i cant find his older versions 11//26 or older

anyone can send please to adi57771@gmail com

What site is banning cgminer 4.10?
don´t confuse with Firmware and mining software, the pool know only the mining software not what firmware you are running or what miner you use.
HavenZone

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:41:04 AM

I'm in USA so 120 volt or 110 not sure.

What is the highest I can put my ASIC Voltage to without it breaking/popping any circuits?

Power cost is not the concern and I'm pretty sure the max power draw is 1300 watts from the AMP3++ power supply from bitmain?

I want highest hash rate possible... POWER cost is not a problem the only problem is popping a circuit!

Thanks

Your supply will only give you 1200watts at 120v. So you can't go much higher without killing the supply or starving the boards.

The above is correct but to answer the rest of your question : look in your breaker box. are they 15amp breakers or 20 or what..
take that and x 110 (thought technically 120/240 - real world best to base your math on 110/220)  this will give you  the wattage that
the WHOLE circuit can run..at MAX if your wires are crappy and barely acceptable for the amps you will be drawing they will get hot.. (gotter the closer you get to max..)  so lets say 15  so that is a max of 1650.. (oh wait keep in mind your psu will draw MORE than the 1200 it is giving to the machine.. by like.. alot. )  so realistically.. you can do it on 15 amp breakers IF you have pretty much NOTHING else on the circuit.. how to find out? flip a breaker.. what all went off... that;s all on the same circuit. voila.

my bad.. the rest of HIS question. sorry still getting coffee in me.

I think you missed my question. I understand that my power supply will only use up to its maximum but what ASIC voltage setting is that? 13/13/13 or could it be 1/20/1 or what happens if I do 20/20/20 is it going to pop a circuit? The whole point is I'm trying to not pop a circuit at all so let's my setting is 15 amps (just guessing) what does that come down to in terms of asic voltage 13/13/13? 15/15/15 or how can I know? Flipping a breaker is what I'd like to avoid completely!

This you can´t answer in General, because every Miner and hashboard is different.

you guys should look at getting 240v circuit. the one used for dryers here.. you can go upto 50Amps on that and can run 3 D3's easily on a single circuit.

The D3 on a 220 line uses about 6amps and on a 110 about 8amps... you should be using a 220 line to get the most out of the unit. I am able to run 2 D3s and 1 L3 on a 20amp 220 line with no issues at all. The D3s are using about 925w of power at 16.6GH and the L3 using 810w and in total with all three units are using 11.3 amps in total. If you are popping a breaker with one D3 you have something else on the line.

On a side note with all these users that claim "electric is not an issue" because they get it included in their rent, I suggest you read your lease very closely. If the landlord sees that much of a spike in the electric bill, don't expect them to pay for it and if you do, don't expect to renew your lease. trying to run a device that would be the same as a second refrigerator and expecting the landlord to pay for it is a little naive. Normally the wording in a lease is "electric included within reason"... meaning if you over use the electric they can charge you for it. Or they could just change all of the breakers to your apt to 15amp and tie them into multiple lines so you will just keep popping them.
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:01:18 AM

I'm in USA so 120 volt or 110 not sure.

What is the highest I can put my ASIC Voltage to without it breaking/popping any circuits?

Power cost is not the concern and I'm pretty sure the max power draw is 1300 watts from the AMP3++ power supply from bitmain?

I want highest hash rate possible... POWER cost is not a problem the only problem is popping a circuit!

Thanks

Your supply will only give you 1200watts at 120v. So you can't go much higher without killing the supply or starving the boards.

The above is correct but to answer the rest of your question : look in your breaker box. are they 15amp breakers or 20 or what..
take that and x 110 (thought technically 120/240 - real world best to base your math on 110/220)  this will give you  the wattage that
the WHOLE circuit can run..at MAX if your wires are crappy and barely acceptable for the amps you will be drawing they will get hot.. (gotter the closer you get to max..)  so lets say 15  so that is a max of 1650.. (oh wait keep in mind your psu will draw MORE than the 1200 it is giving to the machine.. by like.. alot. )  so realistically.. you can do it on 15 amp breakers IF you have pretty much NOTHING else on the circuit.. how to find out? flip a breaker.. what all went off... that;s all on the same circuit. voila.

my bad.. the rest of HIS question. sorry still getting coffee in me.

I think you missed my question. I understand that my power supply will only use up to its maximum but what ASIC voltage setting is that? 13/13/13 or could it be 1/20/1 or what happens if I do 20/20/20 is it going to pop a circuit? The whole point is I'm trying to not pop a circuit at all so let's my setting is 15 amps (just guessing) what does that come down to in terms of asic voltage 13/13/13? 15/15/15 or how can I know? Flipping a breaker is what I'd like to avoid completely!

This you can´t answer in General, because every Miner and hashboard is different.

you guys should look at getting 240v circuit. the one used for dryers here.. you can go upto 50Amps on that and can run 3 D3's easily on a single circuit.

The D3 on a 220 line uses about 6amps and on a 110 about 8amps... you should be using a 220 line to get the most out of the unit. I am able to run 2 D3s and 1 L3 on a 20amp 220 line with no issues at all. The D3s are using about 925w of power at 16.6GH and the L3 using 810w and in total with all three units are using 11.3 amps in total. If you are popping a breaker with one D3 you have something else on the line.

On a side note with all these users that claim "electric is not an issue" because they get it included in their rent, I suggest you read your lease very closely. If the landlord sees that much of a spike in the electric bill, don't expect them to pay for it and if you do, don't expect to renew your lease. trying to run a device that would be the same as a second refrigerator and expecting the landlord to pay for it is a little naive. Normally the wording in a lease is "electric included within reason"... meaning if you over use the electric they can charge you for it. Or they could just change all of the breakers to your apt to 15amp and tie them into multiple lines so you will just keep popping them.

many do not have easy access to 220: like sure they "could hook a miner into the dryer line, but unless they have more than a 30amp breaker on that then umm you can't dry clothes anymore. If you are covered in cheetos on the couch most of your life maybe that would be okay, but I'm pretty sure my wife would murder me for using the dryer's juice... with a miner.. upside the head.. like.. alot. Smiley The other side of it is laziness. (some who can and should just don't)- like I "could" climb up in the attic and run some lines and even use a bedroom for nothing but miners, but every time I think about it I'm like.. it's too hot up there (texas mind you) or it's too cold.. like now.  so basically 5 days out of the year I could stand to be up there.. but I probably won't think about it until after.. and then I'll be "it's too hot up there." Smiley
gogostar

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:31:02 PM

Is Blissz firmware v2 safe and stable?
Im getting lots of errors even on low settings so i was thinking to use autotune.
Thanks
clyjr

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:48:52 PM

FYI, To answer my own question, I emailed bitmain, this is their response :

"Below are the normal temperature of chips - all in Centigrade,
D3: the temp(Chip) should be 35-80
If the PCB board temperature goes higher than 85 the miner will shut off automatically."

Maximum Temperatures for the D3?

So, I've been confused about the maximum temps for the D3 the entire time and wanted to see if you guys know the correct max temps.

Just to recap, In the manual it states that the Maximum Ambient Operating Temperature is 40 degrees Celsius, and that the miner will shut down if the PCB Temp hits 85 degrees Celsius.

Now, I see most people referring to the Chip Temp, not the PCB Temp.  I've been trying to keep my Chip Temp below 85 by downclocking my D3s, but now I'm thinking that it's not necessary.  I've seen where the Chip temp on the S9s is commonly over 100C, and I saw a post which indicated it was from bitmain support that said the S9 chip temp should stay below 115C.

So, should when people refer to Max Temps, should we be referring to the Chip or PCB?

And if bitmain says in the manual to keep PCB under 85C what should we try to keep Chip temps at?

I built some sound reducing boxes (miners in garage), but they increase the temps a little.  Even in the boxes though the PCB temps are in the mid 60s on one D3 (smaller enclosure, 450 clock) with the Chip temps around 80, my other D3 (newer larger enclosure, 500 clock) has PCB in upper 60s, chips in low 70s.  I was worried the temps were too high, but now I'm thinking I should just crank them both up as long as they stay under 80 PCB temp?

Anyone have the official Chip temp max?
stangerm2

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:51:26 PM

Blissz - You are breaking the law, cgminer is 'GNU General Public License' program. Turning it into one for your own profit and not pushing it back to ckolivas or opening it up on github is illegal under the copyright. I understand you worked hard on it and did a great job. I get that you want to be compensated and you can still have a dev fee for you pre-built binary but you CAN'T keep ignoring the licence by having the source code closed. You need to push your code back up or openly host it. You don't have to take your mining fee out and you don't have to provide building instructions but you need to honor the open source license or I'm going to do it for you. No one here is going to know how to cross compile it and then build it back into initramfs. They can barely setup there miners in the first place. Since you've always ignored me I'm going to make this super clear now. Do the right thing, push your code, or I will re-release all your Firmware, without the miner fee. IE. by injecting assembly branching operations into the compiled cgminer where the switch_pools functions execute we can skip any pool greater than 2. You have a week and them I'm going to post my Blissz modded version just like you did to Bitmain(at least there code is hosted though).... I really wish you could have just done the right thing to start with.

Bump 6 days Blissz
sanitariu

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:03:49 PM

Blissz - You are breaking the law, cgminer is 'GNU General Public License' program. Turning it into one for your own profit and not pushing it back to ckolivas or opening it up on github is illegal under the copyright. I understand you worked hard on it and did a great job. I get that you want to be compensated and you can still have a dev fee for you pre-built binary but you CAN'T keep ignoring the licence by having the source code closed. You need to push your code back up or openly host it. You don't have to take your mining fee out and you don't have to provide building instructions but you need to honor the open source license or I'm going to do it for you. No one here is going to know how to cross compile it and then build it back into initramfs. They can barely setup there miners in the first place. Since you've always ignored me I'm going to make this super clear now. Do the right thing, push your code, or I will re-release all your Firmware, without the miner fee. IE. by injecting assembly branching operations into the compiled cgminer where the switch_pools functions execute we can skip any pool greater than 2. You have a week and them I'm going to post my Blissz modded version just like you did to Bitmain(at least there code is hosted though).... I really wish you could have just done the right thing to start with.

Bump 6 days Blissz

Sounds really fair play. At least one time fee or one time per 24 hours is good ebough i think. Also nobody can compile this alone.
rageprone

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:33:39 PM

Can I directly flash my D3 unit to the latest mod v1.12 :: 10/12 (https://mega.nz/#!ylJX0LCQ!8JWryI0jDhgMvPdH2mrOvybkXCtrpYtQpxu0akdxU1s) ?

Or is there any intermediate mod that I need to upgrade to first?

Thanks!
stangerm2

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:55:23 PM

Can I directly flash my D3 unit to the latest mod v1.12 :: 10/12 (https://mega.nz/#!ylJX0LCQ!8JWryI0jDhgMvPdH2mrOvybkXCtrpYtQpxu0akdxU1s) ?

Thanks!

You can do it directly. Your writing a new image to flash, it's not a file based upgrade.
Cartol

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:25:10 PM

Bump 6 days Blissz

if you push the software to Bitmain, then i hope a lightning will hit you straight in the ass while you are takin a shit!

it is one thing to lay the firmware open without the fee, because of the GPL and Blissz not reacting to ur ultimatum.

but giving it to bitmain would be a real shitmove!
funminer

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:40:54 PM

Bump 6 days Blissz
Just to say this, publishing code that is not yours is illegal, too. It´s not important that the original code is GNU. When you really do it you break the law, too.
I can understand you, but this is not the right way, too
When you really want to do it, i will not use your software, because is useless for me. not working with 8 or more pools.

Show me the part where say clearly that you must publish this code, when it is not finish or in development stage.
stangerm2

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:24:01 PM

Show me the part where say clearly that you must publish this code, when it is not finish or in development stage.
It's literally at the top off all the cgminer source code.

/*
 * Copyright 2011-2017 Con Kolivas
 * Copyright 2011-2015 Andrew Smith
 * Copyright 2011-2012 Luke Dashjr
 * Copyright 2010 Jeff Garzik
 * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
 * under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
 * Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option)
 * any later version.  See COPYING for more details.
 */

Here's a dumbed-down version on the GPL3 license:
https://tldrlegal.com/license/gnu-general-public-license-v3-(gpl-3)
sanitariu

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:30:18 PM

stangerm2 - allow private messages if you do not mind.
I think one time dev fee is okay or at least it should be on 24 hours
so you do not stop each 2 hours loosing speed.
Anyway publishing the code and be honest is perfectly fine too.
At least this is what i think.
stangerm2

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:31:59 PM

When you really want to do it, i will not use your software, because is useless for me. not working with 8 or more pools.

I don't care, I have nothing to gain. This is about doing whats right.
stangerm2

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:36:51 PM

stangerm2 - allow private messages if you do not mind.
I allow them but as a noobie I'm throttled I believe on the amount of messages I can send/receive.

Anyway publishing the code and be honest is perfectly fine too.
I can't publish the code because I don't have the code, or I don't have Blissz's modified code. I only have Bitmains code fork and kolivas's master branch. With that I have a disassembled Hex dump of Blissz binary, which I was able to compare with the known published versions and add symbols back until I figured out how he was switching pools . All I can do is publish the assembly code (which I will) with modifications that take out certain bits of the raw .exe if you will.
rageprone

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:19:47 PM

Thanks!

You can do it directly. Your writing a new image to flash, it's not a file based upgrade.

Thank you!
rafsek

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:28:21 PM

Ok, so I`ve been running this software for few days and got some troubles.

There are some days when  I`ve got 0 HW errors on all chains and antminier works like a charm. On the other hand in few minutes I can have lot of HW. Then I reboot antminer and I have HW errors on other chain. Then another reboot and different chain goes crazy with HW errors (ofc freq and voltage stays the same).

Sometimes I lost one of chains, then I have to wait some time, start machine again and everything is OK.

I`m using v1.12 :: 10/12 firmware.

Anyone is having similar problems?
sanitariu

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:37:46 PM

I also have one asic with 55 not 60. Sometimes it goes to 57 or 54. Also i have a lot of HW errros like 50 per second. But i know that it does not matter too much. I can see actually at the pool what's going on. So i suggest you check the pool for hashrate.
Some HW errors are not a problem. One of my boards is going to die but i will keep until it stops totally. Then i am going to change capacitors at the last row. I think they may be the problem for not supplying steady voltage.

stangerm2 -
User 'stangerm2' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting.

wojciechp

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:41:34 PM

Hi guys,

I really would like to have other algorithm support on the D3 as well, so here is an update from what I've experienced so far:

I tried to isolate a single algorithm / other algorithms, but not yet succeeded. There are some parameters to tweak with, which seem to change something in the ASICS, but the problem is that even if it switches to another algorithm (which I am not 100% sure), you can't know which one... It's also not that straightforward to change the linux part to support another algorithm, so it's easy to make a small mistake there as well.
If I had some inside information that for example groestl is 100% for sure supported then it would be easier to go 100% for that. Now there are too many variables to play with.
I still have some ideas left to try: I want to build an automated matrix test that tries all parameter combinations and tries to verify it against all known algorithms. It will be quite an effort to build this, but I think it's the only possibility to find out if it's possible.

Blissz, so you can be 100% sure which algorithms are supported by x11. Here is a list.

blake

bmw

groestl

jh

keccak

skein

luffa

cubehash

shavite

simd

echo

X12, X13, X14, X15 and X17 are all exactly the same but with additional algorithms added in. Out of all the X11 algorithms listed above groestl should currently be the most profitable even at a severely reduced hash rate. If possible, I would try to focus on groestl first and then skein as a 2nd alternative. Cracking this problem of isolating a single algo is something that I believe many of us would be willing to support financially in a big way as we would all benefit in a big way.

These are fpga chips folks. no excuses. this is free money for little work. he probably had this done in one week and just sucked you for your time and money. This firmward doesn't benefit any. Unless you can actually "program" those programmable asic chips..  oh and fck that i ain't paying. we'll bill bitmain.
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: