Bitcoin Forum
August 23, 2024, 11:56:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125876 times)
blissz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:18:21 PM

I was using v1.11 and my miner rebooted every few hours, but both checkboxes for automatic reboot are unchecked. HW errors were reasonable, but a chain would go XXXX sometimes and I had to restart the miner.

Yesterday I upgraded to v1.12 keeping same configuration and it has behaved perfectly for 15 hours: 0 HW errors, no reboots. I see nothing in the release notes for v1.12 that explains it, maybe it's just a coincidence? (These machines tend to wake up with a different mood every time).

@blissz Any changes between these two versions that can explain this?

Good to hear it works well now. v1.12 is lacking some features that the beta does have, but it's the most stable version right now. I did make minor changes / compilation improvements between those versions which might helped making v1.12 more stable then v1.11.
CorrieV

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:21:31 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 07:57:56 PM by CorrieV

v2.06 beta :: 05/01 :: test version

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!mxwhmCZb!8Xsj5c2bfvuaK_fSI2av3zrqv3dFz-w3AoSt7W-MD8U

Changes 05/01:
- more stable autotune / reset of ASIC chains (HW errors will be reset to zero after changing a board's frequency)
- ~15 to 20 seconds faster startup of the miner after changing a setting
- optimized cgminer binary size
- fixed browser caching issue when changing between stock and blissz firmware

Changes 22/12:
- reboots the D3 on high temperatures (> 85 deg PCB temp). This feature will save your unit in case your fans will fail.
- improved auto tune algorithm stability
- Increased the chip starting frequency of the autotune algorithm for higher voltages.

Changes 14/12:
- fixed auto recover from xxxx
- cleaned up kernel logging
- a bit more aggressive tuning
- tunes down faster now when too many HW errors are detected

Changes 13/12:
- Totally rewritten code base, based from latest available bitmain / cgminer sources
- ASIC's now automatically recovers from xxxxx errors without restarting (The auto reboot options are still in there in case it doesn't succeed)
- blazing fast mining status overview in the webinterface Cheesy
- as requested: the dev mining starts later now (after 5 minutes)
- as requested: dev pools status is now visible in the miner status

Important: The autotune feature is not completely finished and the startup is a bit slow now.. Therefore I need your help. So what do you need to do:

set your advanced settings the same as displayed bellow
let it run for at least 20 minutes
PM your (complete) kernel log, or if it doesn't fit, focus on the last part
By doing so I can get to a conclusion what the starting frequency of the auto tune algorithm should be.
In case you want to help more: increase the voltage a bit and do the steps above again as it will give some more information

Thank you!

https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/453940Untitled.jpg

Hi Blissz

Thanks for all your hard work - much appreciated !

With the latest beta releas, I cannot connect to the Prohashing pool ......   stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333
The Miner Status shows the pool as Dead, but on the prev release I can connect without issues.

Regards

Hi Blissz

After searching some forums I found a link that suggested that this is a random error/issue :
https://forums.prohashing.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2796

I rebooted the miners a few times and can now connect again ;-)
vschekin

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:35:30 PM

Have an issue with several miners - when blade connected to 4th connector - Hashrate decreased to 2.2-2.3 GH per blade
https://yadi.sk/i/abCxiksm3RFidN
2.04 and 2.06 firmware tested
1.12 works correct:
https://yadi.sk/d/-dF5iKyc3RFizz

Hi, thanks for pointing this out on the beta version. I do advice to always connect your chains to 1,2 and 3 and leave connection 4 unconnected, but I will have a look if I can make it compatible if you don't connect it correct.

These connection configuration goes "from the box", of course I will reconnect to 1-2-3, when I will have phisical access, but now solution for me is downgrade firmware.

BTW - is it possible to make changing Pool Priority more easy? I have 18 pcs of D3 and changing pools takes a lot of time if needed.
The easiest way that I found for me now is next:
1) PROHASHING - main pool, NICEHASH - backup
xx11.eu.nicehash.com:3336#xnsub  - always DEAD
prohashing.com:3333
x11.eu.nicehash.com:3336#xnsub

And when I need to change priority:
1) NICEHASH - main pool, PROHASHING - backup
x11.eu.nicehash.com:3336#xnsub  - always LIVE
HavenZone

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:26:55 AM

Have an issue with several miners - when blade connected to 4th connector - Hashrate decreased to 2.2-2.3 GH per blade

1.12 works correct:

Hi, thanks for pointing this out on the beta version. I do advice to always connect your chains to 1,2 and 3 and leave connection 4 unconnected, but I will have a look if I can make it compatible if you don't connect it correct.

These connection configuration goes "from the box", of course I will reconnect to 1-2-3, when I will have phisical access, but now solution for me is downgrade firmware.

BTW - is it possible to make changing Pool Priority more easy? I have 18 pcs of D3 and changing pools takes a lot of time if needed.

or just use Awesome Miner and it will change the pools for you on all of your D3s to the best option at the time. I found with Blissz FW it works well to switch between the 3 pools and on my L3s and S9s I can add a lot more than just the three pools... FYI Blissz if I add more pools to the D3 in Awesome Miner when your DEVFEE mines it removes the other two pools I added... not that big of a deal for me as 3 pools are normally enough but I use 5 pools on my other antminers.
funminer

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:18:16 AM

or just use Awesome Miner and it will change the pools for you on all of your D3s to the best option at the time. I found with Blissz FW it works well to switch between the 3 pools and on my L3s and S9s I can add a lot more than just the three pools... FYI Blissz if I add more pools to the D3 in Awesome Miner when your DEVFEE mines it removes the other two pools I added... not that big of a deal for me as 3 pools are normally enough but I use 5 pools on my other antminers.

What Firmware from Blissz you use?
I´am still on 1.12 and i don´t have this problem, i can add as many pools i want, after restart must only wait the 1st time dev mining, that the API is not more blocked and then i can add the pools.
solo__

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:23:36 AM

anybody mine moneci (XMCC)?
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monacocoin/
MrMozz

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:25:56 PM

Hey guys , I update my miners to v1.12 all looks good , but after 2 days I lost one of my miners on network, when I went on site i found that Red LED = OFF and Green LED = OFF .
Try to reboot/ shut down , perform hard button reset. Nothing still no luck.
Any idea what I can do? is there any fix ? or I need to send to Bitmain (late Nov batch)
Some of my other miners don't show all chains, and some are 54 ASIC only.
Funny enough that after changing from Prohashing to Nicehash 4 out of 10 cards come right ...
Any help will be welcome :-)
Will the new Beta FW help?
Knightslugger

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:45:10 PM

Hey guys , I update my miners to v1.12 all looks good , but after 2 days I lost one of my miners on network, when I went on site i found that Red LED = OFF and Green LED = OFF .
Any idea what I can do? is there any fix ? or I need to send to Bitmain (late Nov batch)
Funny enough that after changing from Prohashing to Nicehash 4 out of 10 cards come right ...

is the PSU outputting power?
MrMozz

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:29:12 PM

is the PSU outputting power?

When I order my D3's (15 ) i order spare PSU so I tested and no change.
HavenZone

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:45:15 PM

What Firmware from Blissz you use?
I´am still on 1.12 and i don´t have this problem, i can add as many pools i want, after restart must only wait the 1st time dev mining, that the API is not more blocked and then i can add the pools.

I'm still on 1.12 and I found I can add the extra pools but after the devfee mining they seem to disappear... I know on all of them they disappear after a reboot but with the D3 it seems to disappear after the devfee also. again, not that big of a deal but it would be nice to have them stick. 
vschekin

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:22:26 PM

https://yadi.sk/i/abCxiksm3RFidN
1.12 works correct:
https://yadi.sk/d/-dF5iKyc3RFizz

Thanks, I tried, but problem with Prohashing is options in Password field, not Miner name separated with dot after Worker Name. I did not find any description of Vars to fill Password field like "a=x11 n=%WorkerName% w=1300 p=0.08". For monitoring AwesomeMiner is pretty good.
dongiovanni

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:46:49 AM

Rubbish coin. Payout is the worst ive come across. Dont be fooled by these calculators.
dongiovanni

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:53:50 AM

does anyone else have D3 blades crapping out left and right???  (even ones NOT modded)
Yup, waiting to get the green light from bitmain to get another board. Instant sell once i get the replacement. Never again with Bitmain
HavenZone

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:17:13 AM

1.12 works correct:

Thanks, I tried, but problem with Prohashing is options in Password field, not Miner name separated with dot after Worker Name. I did not find any description of Vars to fill Password field like "a=x11 n=%WorkerName% w=1300 p=0.08". For monitoring AwesomeMiner is pretty good.

I was able to set it up with prohashing, but it doesn't work for profit switching... you could set it up in the pool/d3 and just click to change the priority when you want to swap pools. It does make it easier to change the order of the pools. but I think without the profit switching it might set them back after the devfee.
mikespax

Activity: 362
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:34:43 AM

if anyone's selling their D3 in the USA, pm with your price.

Bitrated user: mikespax.
Nahon

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:06:18 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 06:53:16 PM by Nahon

(forgive my english, I use a translator)
I've been following this topic for a long time, since I have 2 pieces of D3.
Yesterday I decided to try this firmware, and I would like to share the result and maybe get help.
I sat almost all day to set up one of my D3 on this firmware. I wanted to get the best performance, since noise for me is not important.
(on all my devices fans are set to 85% in manual mode)

Factory firmware on two D3 is set to 475Mgts - while it consumes 1050W and produces an average of 17 GH/S, and the total number of errors from all boards = about 20-40 per day.

At first I tried the beta firmware.
I tried to configure everything manually, without the use of automatic settings. Within 5 hours I was not able to achieve the work of D3 without a lot of errors, even at a speed of 18.5 GH/S.
Because of the constant reset of the number of errors, it is difficult to understand how stable the device works.
View error statistics, you can use the Awesome Miner.

With the firmware version 1.12, everything turned out better, but the final result is not very happy.
After a long search of the frequency and voltage settings for each card separately, the best I've got are:
1 boards - 487 MHz - voltage 14 (this is the worst of the boards for quality)
2 boards - 531Mhz - voltage 15
3 boards - 531MHz - voltage 13 (this is the best board for quality)
At the same time, the production rate was about 19.2 GH/S
But the number of errors is about 2 per minute or even more.

I want to ask the developer why it happens, if you restart the mining (or reboot completely), without changing the settings, just click "save&apply"(or reboot), every time after this, the number of errors is DIFFERENT!
I tried so several times, and the number of errors was from 1 per minute to 10-15 per minute! With absolutely unchanged settings!

Can someone tell me what my mistake is?
Why can not I configure the higher performance on this firmware?
Or this firmware will not help me achieve better performance without errors - compared with the firmware?
Will it only reduce the consumption of power and noise at the same performance?

Here is the result of which I achieved:
http://picua.org/img/2018-01/09/grpcd0o7oi6a7mcebi1rv4rh1.png
Aexs

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:40:21 PM

Flashed back to Bitmain Firmware and it still shows the Blissz logo on the top, any way to get rid of that?
Knightslugger

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:41:53 PM

Flashed back to Bitmain Firmware and it still shows the Blissz logo on the top, any way to get rid of that?

clear your browser cache.
Aexs

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:59:14 PM

clear your browser cache.

Easy enough, thank you
sanitariu

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:05:19 PM

(forgive my english, I use a translator)
I've been following this topic for a long time, since I have 2 pieces of D3.
Yesterday I decided to try this firmware, and I would like to share the result and maybe get help.
I sat almost all day to set up one of my D3 on this firmware. I wanted to get the best performance, since noise for me is not important.
(on all my devices fans are set to 85% in manual mode)

Factory firmware on two D3 is set to 475Mgts - while it consumes 1050W and produces an average of 17 GH/S, and the total number of errors from all boards = about 20-40 per day.

At first I tried the beta firmware.
I tried to configure everything manually, without the use of automatic settings. Within 5 hours I was not able to achieve the work of D3 without a lot of errors, even at a speed of 18.5 GH/S.
Because of the constant reset of the number of errors, it is difficult to understand how stable the device works.
View error statistics, you can use the Awesome Miner.

With the firmware version 1.12, everything turned out better, but the final result is not very happy.
After a long search of the frequency and voltage settings for each card separately, the best I've got are:
1 boards - 487 MHz - voltage 14 (this is the worst of the boards for quality)
2 boards - 531Mhz - voltage 15
3 boards - 531MHz - voltage 13 (this is the best board for quality)
At the same time, the production rate was about 19.2 GH/S
But the number of errors is about 2 per minute or even more.

I want to ask the developer why it happens, if you restart the mining (or reboot completely), without changing the settings, just click "save&apply"(or reboot), every time after this, the number of errors is DIFFERENT!
I tried so several times, and the number of errors was from 1 per minute to 10-15 per minute! With absolutely unchanged settings!

Can someone tell me what my mistake is?
Why can not I configure the higher performance on this firmware?
Or this firmware will not help me achieve better performance without errors - compared with the firmware?
Will it only reduce the consumption of power and noise at the same performance?

Here is the result of which I achieved:
http://picua.org/img/2018-01/09/grpcd0o7oi6a7mcebi1rv4rh1.png

This firmware is to reduce noise and power.
I do not pay attention to errors too much and i still have good hash rate.
I am doing around 50 per second on of my board. It seems to have some problems
and lowering voltage/freq does not really help. I just left it working with 55 asics
and i have hashrate on the websites although these errors.
I think it is from some of the capacitors and i will change when it goes really really
bad. I am using beta 2.05 version. Just used autotune for 20-30 minutes.
Then i put the best values and forget for my miners Smiley
Playing everyday with it just lowers your revenue...
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: