Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2018, 11:54:44 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 118739 times)
dropt
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000



View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:40:15 AM
 #281

In fact it is the 25% - the other 75% goes to shareholders.

Unless things have changed, 40% goes to administration and 60% as dividends.  I'd have to read through their correspondence, but there was some question regarding the re-investment percentage coming out of the management's 40%, or the shareholder's 60%.   
The World's Betting Exchange

Bet with play money. Win real Bitcoin. 5BTC Prize Fund for World Cup 2018.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1529798084
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1529798084

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1529798084
Reply with quote  #2

1529798084
Report to moderator
1529798084
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1529798084

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1529798084
Reply with quote  #2

1529798084
Report to moderator
1529798084
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1529798084

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1529798084
Reply with quote  #2

1529798084
Report to moderator
HashFast
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 154
Merit: 100



View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 07:51:03 AM
 #282

Baby Jet product page updated just now:
  • Wording changed from "Shipments begin October 20-30" to "Shipments anticipated to begin: October 20-30"
  • The stock count just jumped around 100!  Shocked
  • New single chip mock-up image

Stock count jumping was either HF testing the shopping cart and using up sales 100 times, or upping their first batch from 550 to 650 units...

Stock count: it's related to the testing scenario you mention.

There was a period where the website shop was live but hidden, and we were simultaneously doing manual sales. I reduced the "inventory" available online so that we had a pool for manual sales. Didn't want to risk selling the same units twice. Now we've put those units back in the pool.

So to confirm: We are selling a total of 550 Baby Jets.

Amy Woodward
VP Engineering
HashFast




Hi Everyone,

In addition to what Amy is saying above, the inventory will also fluctuate at times as we close out orders from buyers who started the purchase process while we were experiencing technical difficulties, and later decline to complete the purchase.  We have been trying to reach out to everyone via phone and email that attempted a purchase last week.

Our intent is be as transparent as possible, and we will continue to do our best towards this goal.

John
HashFast.com



HashFast
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 154
Merit: 100



View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 08:00:27 AM
 #283

Delivery to Bulgaria (EU Country). Really?HuhHuhHuh??



Holy Moses, so that's how they get some extra money by overcharging on shipping? There's no way shipping to EU costs $750 Roll Eyes.

Hi Everyone,

Regarding shipping, we have not yet secured rates that we are happy with. We are working with two international air freight companies to secure better rates. Once we complete this process, we will absolutely refund the difference in shipping costs back to our customers.

John
HashFast.com

klee
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000



View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:14:56 AM
 #284

In fact it is the 25% - the other 75% goes to shareholders.

Unless things have changed, 40% goes to administration and 60% as dividends.  I'd have to read through their correspondence, but there was some question regarding the re-investment percentage coming out of the management's 40%, or the shareholder's 60%.   
"The IceDrill mine, at launch, will be running with 500 Terahashes (500,000 Gigahashes) of power. This asset comprises 60% of the mine’s ongoing profits (meaning roughly 100% of 300 TH power). However, this asset is NOT tied to a specific hashrate. Rather, it is tied to a specific percentage of IceDrill profits, meaning that as the mine grows in hash power, so too do the profits earned by the shares. While one share will be worth roughly 10 Mhash of mining power upon launch, it will be worth more hash power over time as the mine grows.

In order to grow, 75% of the profit from each shares share will be paid out to the investor, and the remaining 25% will be reinvested in additional mining capacity on a continual basis. Thus, the mine will grow substantially over time to maintain the most efficient market share."

So 60% of profits will go back to the 'company' of which 75% to dividends and 25% for growth, right?
dropt
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000



View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:37:08 AM
 #285

"The IceDrill mine, at launch, will be running with 500 Terahashes (500,000 Gigahashes) of power. This asset comprises 60% of the mine’s ongoing profits (meaning roughly 100% of 300 TH power). However, this asset is NOT tied to a specific hashrate. Rather, it is tied to a specific percentage of IceDrill profits, meaning that as the mine grows in hash power, so too do the profits earned by the shares. While one share will be worth roughly 10 Mhash of mining power upon launch, it will be worth more hash power over time as the mine grows.

In order to grow, 75% of the profit from each shares share will be paid out to the investor, and the remaining 25% will be reinvested in additional mining capacity on a continual basis. Thus, the mine will grow substantially over time to maintain the most efficient market share."

So 60% of profits will go back to the 'company' of which 75% to dividends and 25% for growth, right?

The whole thing is worded such that trying to interpret it literally gives me a headache.

  I suppose it all depends on how we look at it.  They advertise a 500TH mine, of which, as an investor you're only actually buying into 300TH.  So, of this 300TH, 75% of each share submitted is returned to the investor as dividend, yes.

  If you interpret IceDrill as being the total farm: 500TH, the investor is entitled to 45% of the earnings and forefeits 15% as re-investment.   Effectively, 55% (that's 275TH) is going straight to the corporation. 
BenTuras
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000



View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:07:56 AM
 #286

Code:
public investors         60% A
private investors         40% B

dividend                 75% C
reinvest                 25% D
   
The profit should then be split between:
Code:
running cost                     10.0%
public investor dividend 40.5% A*C*(100-cost)/100
private investor dividend        27.0% B*C*(100-cost)/100

reinvest                 22.5% D*(100-cost)/100

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
AussieHash
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 685
Merit: 500



View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:17:31 AM
 #287

Is it documented that the private investors pay 25% reinvestment ?
BenTuras
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000



View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:31:42 AM
 #288

Is it documented that the private investors pay 25% reinvestment ?
Good question!
Which I'll answer (correct me if I am wrong):

Quote from https://bitfunder.com/asset/IceDrill.ASIC:
So, for every 100 BitCoin that we mine (with the ENTIRE mine capacity going forward, not only 300Th), minus cost (say 10), we would distribute 67.5 to shareholders and keep 22.5 to expand the mining capacity of the mine.

So yes, every investor, private or public, will see 25% being reinvested.

What was missing in my calculation is the cost that is in the quote. I added the cost.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
iCEBREAKER
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1042


Crypto is the separation of Power and State.


View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 09:48:43 AM
 #289

All of this is too hideously complex to explain in mere words!    Sad

We need the pros at Visual Capitalist to whip up some slick graphics.    Smiley


██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
██████
████████████████████████████
██████
████████████████████████████
██████
████████████████████████████
██████
███████████████████████████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████████████
██████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
klee
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000



View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:40:59 PM
 #290

Code:
public investors         60% A
private investors         40% B

dividend                 75% C
reinvest                 25% D
   
The profit should then be split between:
Code:
running cost                     10.0%
public investor dividend 40.5% A*C*(100-cost)/100
private investor dividend        27.0% B*C*(100-cost)/100

reinvest                 22.5% D*(100-cost)/100
Sorry for being slow but I don't understand where do 40.5 and 27% come from!
Thanks in advance.
bitkoof
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 69
Merit: 10


CoinDesker


View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 12:49:20 PM
 #291

System Specs
 - 1 HashFast Golden Nonce (GN) Chip

Childish, I know - but this made me laugh.


bbxx
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 728
Merit: 500


cryptoshark


View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 01:05:46 PM
 #292

Code:
public investors         60% A
private investors         40% B

dividend                 75% C
reinvest                 25% D
   
The profit should then be split between:
Code:
running cost                     10.0%
public investor dividend 40.5% A*C*(100-cost)/100
private investor dividend        27.0% B*C*(100-cost)/100

reinvest                 22.5% D*(100-cost)/100
Sorry for being slow but I don't understand where do 40.5 and 27% come from!
Thanks in advance.

ok so buying/renting via icedrill will bring only 40.5% procent mined bitcoins...
Smiley
lol
BenTuras
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000



View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:34:26 PM
 #293

Code:
public investors         60% A
private investors         40% B

dividend                 75% C
reinvest                 25% D
   
The profit should then be split between:
Code:
running cost                     10.0%
public investor dividend 40.5% A*C*(100-cost)/100
private investor dividend        27.0% B*C*(100-cost)/100

reinvest                 22.5% D*(100-cost)/100
Sorry for being slow but I don't understand where do 40.5 and 27% come from!
Thanks in advance.
The formula I used is behind the resulting percentages !

40.5% : A*C*(100-cost)/100
The meaning of the letters is also there
A= 60% public investors
cost=running cost, 10%

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
BenTuras
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000



View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:49:43 PM
 #294

Code:
public investors         60% A
public investor dividend 40.5% A*C*(100-cost)/100

ok so buying/renting via icedrill will bring only 40.5% procent mined bitcoins...
Smiley
lol
I think what many don't realize, is that the public investor gets 40.5% of the whole operation(=100%),
while the public investor 'paid' for 60% of the whole operation.
That is, if the private investor paid the same for shares as the public investor did, and you can question that.

But suppose all shares were sold for the same amount:
Not 40.5% of your investment is 'returned', it's actually 40.5*100/60=67.5%

Please correct me if I am wrong!

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
maqifrnswa
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 454
Merit: 250


View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:19:19 PM
 #295

Code:
public investors         60% A
private investors         40% B

dividend                 75% C
reinvest                 25% D
   
The profit should then be split between:
Code:
running cost                     10.0%
public investor dividend 40.5% A*C*(100-cost)/100
private investor dividend        27.0% B*C*(100-cost)/100

reinvest                 22.5% D*(100-cost)/100
Sorry for being slow but I don't understand where do 40.5 and 27% come from!
Thanks in advance.

ok so buying/renting via icedrill will bring only 40.5% procent mined bitcoins...
Smiley
lol

public investors also own 60% of the reinvestment (supposedly) with the other 40% going to the private investors.

this IPO was horribly structured, and not well thought out - it's too bad, I wish they followed a normal start-up business capitalization model and not confused everyone with this complicated private/public and dividend/equity-reinvestment scheme.

According to the above numbers, 90% of the mined bitcoins (from your share) are returned to you. some are returned as BTC, and some are returned as increased equity.
klee
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000



View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:23:28 PM
 #296

Code:
public investors         60% A
private investors         40% B

dividend                 75% C
reinvest                 25% D
   
The profit should then be split between:
Code:
running cost                     10.0%
public investor dividend 40.5% A*C*(100-cost)/100
private investor dividend        27.0% B*C*(100-cost)/100

reinvest                 22.5% D*(100-cost)/100
Sorry for being slow but I don't understand where do 40.5 and 27% come from!
Thanks in advance.
The formula I used is behind the resulting percentages !

40.5% : A*C*(100-cost)/100
The meaning of the letters is also there
A= 60% public investors
cost=running cost, 10%

Holy crap I thought they were part of the equations!! Too hot today here, no clear mind..
af_newbie
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1030



View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:02:56 PM
 #297

Delivery to Bulgaria (EU Country). Really?HuhHuhHuh??



Holy Moses, so that's how they get some extra money by overcharging on shipping? There's no way shipping to EU costs $750 Roll Eyes.

Hi Everyone,

Regarding shipping, we have not yet secured rates that we are happy with. We are working with two international air freight companies to secure better rates. Once we complete this process, we will absolutely refund the difference in shipping costs back to our customers.

John
HashFast.com

Shipping of what?  What are the dimensions, weight of shipping boxes? What is in them, bricks?

Please stop this scam immediately.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1004


Gerald Davis


View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:56:10 PM
 #298

Shipping of what?  What are the dimensions, weight of shipping boxes? What is in them, bricks?

Please stop this scam immediately.

If someone wanted to run a scam not delivering the promised product wouldn't it make sense to have the shipping a better deal or maybe even offer free shipping for orders made within the first 30 days to encourage sales?
Kouye
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 336
Merit: 250


Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.


View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:13:31 AM
 #299

If someone wanted to run a scam not delivering the promised product wouldn't it make sense to have the shipping a better deal or maybe even offer free shipping for orders made within the first 30 days to encourage sales?

It wouldn't, if they expected you to react that way. Obvious "mistakes" are a very good way to earn credibility (because of the exact same reason you posted this).

I'm not saying it's a scam, but....

They operate a site with NOT a single mention that you're pre-ordering.
They are stating in their TOS that no refund will be processed unless they send a written agreement to that refund, and have failed to reply to my question about this.
They are acting weird, paying a hero shill to praise for them.
They have 3+1=4 "official" threads running here instead of one.
They are maintaining confusion about their (inexistant) stock, even in the last thread, where they claim to "still have 300 units".
They were following a twitter account that shilled for them here, and that was deleted right after someone noticed it.
etc.

This might not be a scam.
But it's at least totally unacceptable marketing practises.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
SgtSpike
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001



View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:34:59 AM
 #300

If someone wanted to run a scam not delivering the promised product wouldn't it make sense to have the shipping a better deal or maybe even offer free shipping for orders made within the first 30 days to encourage sales?

It wouldn't, if they expected you to react that way. Obvious "mistakes" are a very good way to earn credibility (because of the exact same reason you posted this).

I'm not saying it's a scam, but....

They operate a site with NOT a single mention that you're pre-ordering.
They are stating in their TOS that no refund will be processed unless they send a written agreement to that refund, and have failed to reply to my question about this.
They are acting weird, paying a hero shill to praise for them.
They have 3+1=4 "official" threads running here instead of one.
They are maintaining confusion about their (inexistant) stock, even in the last thread, where they claim to "still have 300 units".
They were following a twitter account that shilled for them here, and that was deleted right after someone noticed it.
etc.

This might not be a scam.
But it's at least totally unacceptable marketing practises.
I'm with ya.  I ordered from BFL because they had already delivered FPGA's, thus I expected they would continue to deliver on future products.  Hashfast hasn't delivered anything.  They could up and run with everyone's millions in BTC at any moment, and what recourse would you have?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 69 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!