Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:07:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119564 times)
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:59:47 PM

Did anyone, and i mean anyone, actually think the ASIC prices would *increase over time*Huh  Who?

And try not to twist your own words, spindoc.  You didn't say hobby mine -- you said "SOLO mine." Angry Cheesy
Edit:  Bold red text, see?

at $6/GH and more likely $4.8/GH i'd say that's pretty affordable.  at least better than anyone else.

What does that have to do with the nonsense about solo mining, and why have you failed, for the third time, to answer my questions, which i've painted red, just for you?
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:02:05 PM

Did anyone, and i mean anyone, actually think the ASIC prices would *increase over time*Huh  Who?

And try not to twist your own words, spindoc.  You didn't say hobby mine -- you said "SOLO mine." Angry Cheesy

at $6/GH and more likely $4.8/GH i'd say that's pretty affordable.  at least better than anyone else.

What does that have to do with the nonsense about solo mining, and why have you failed, for the third time, to answer my questions, which i've painted red, just for you?

have you forgotten?

you're on ignore.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 10:02:27 PM

c) It still works because people continue to foolishly pay months in advance for rapidly depreciating products that don't exist yet.

If this were not the case then the pre-order model would rapidly disappear.

CX, you keep exaggerating because you can't win this argument based on plain facts.

You've let your butthurt from BFL/Avalon turn you against the most promising new ASIC company before they have a chance to proves themselves better than previous ones.  That's not fair, much less intellectually honest and logical.

The HashFast product exists.  It taped out to TSMC a month ago.  The supporting hardware also exists, being mostly off-the self kit anyone may order from Newegg or Amazon.

You ordered Bitfury based products before they were on the self/ready to ship/in-hand, as you complain ASICminer charges too much for in-stock merchandise.

Your Goldilocks approach to hardware worked well for a brief period, and now it doesn't, as has been reflected in BASIC's share price for weeks now.

You lumped all ASIC vendors together, characterizing their merchandise as "rapidly depreciating products that don't exist yet."

You're painting with too broad a brush, as cypherdoc and I have been trying to explain without success.   Undecided

Seriously dood what are you even babbling about? Bitfury *IS* an ASIC vendor. Hashfast is not at this time. You tell me why they aren't comfortable with backing up their own stated timelines. Avalon had actually delivered a product prior to receiving a single coin from me. I've never sent BFL a bitcent, nor will I ever.

If I'd listened to you I'd have sent funds to VMC months ago and have nothing whatsoever to show for it until at least December. You're all over hashfast as your fave of the week, and that's great for you, but I cannot afford to act rashly based on weekly flavor preference.

They are backing up their stated timelines, but being careful to underpromise and overdeliver.  You should be appreciative, not scornful.

I didn't tell you to buy anything from VMC, but did bring up the possibility for your evaluation.  You said 'no' and I agreed with your reasoning.

HashFast is a different kettle of fish than VMC, as you would know if you'd bother to read up on the facts.  That's why I'm going all Karl Icahn activist investor on you.   Wink

Cypherdoc and I have been very patient trying to spoon feed you like a petulant toddler refusing peas, but it's time for you to do your part and admit that

HashFast != [BFL, VMC]

The grown ups have arrived in the ASIC space.  Put on big boy pants and join us, or stay at the kids' table and fling poo.  Your choice!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
crumbs

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:03:33 PM

have you forgotten?

you're on ignore.

Lawdy lorks.  You really don't know how to interweb, do u?
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:04:10 PM

And try not to twist your own words

huh?  this is all you do.

the thing is, the current pricing is dropping as i predicted a long time ago for asics in general which can only be good for miners.  these prices are extraordinary and i myself may have to order more.  this is going to keep the network decentralized and solo mining still affordable.  once the BTC price starts ascending again, which it will, those asic manufacturers with the most efficient chips are going to cause a shakeout in this industry.

ORLY? You predicted the price of ASICs would drop?  The rest of us were thinking that ASIC prices would skyrocket as the difficulty increased exponentially.  But you actually seen this coming, huh...

as a matter of fact i did.  

many of my subscribers here can attest to that prediction which i've continually stressed ever since the beginning of this race last year.  i'm not surprised you missed it.

point being, this makes it possible for small players to stay in the game, if not for fat profits, at least to support the network.

at $6/GH and more likely $4.8/GH i'd say that's pretty affordable.  at least better than anyone else.

As much as i like to give you credit, you sound so clueless that i cant see you as a reliable source.

So.... your visit to HF means moot to me.

PS. Solo mining means you mines without a pool. Nothing to do with the cost of hardware.
Nemesis

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:06:30 PM

At this point, anyone whos trying to convince you this is a great investment has only one agenda:

They're the first batch buyers and they want HF to have enough funds to be on time with their shipment.

The first batch buyers are the only one would have profits at this point.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:08:15 PM

the thing is, the current pricing is dropping as i predicted a long time ago for asics in general which can only be good for miners.  these prices are extraordinary and i myself may have to order more.  this is going to keep the network decentralized and solo mining still affordable.  once the BTC price starts ascending again, which it will, those asic manufacturers with the most efficient chips are going to cause a shakeout in this industry.

ORLY? You predicted the price of ASICs would drop?  The rest of us were thinking that ASIC prices would skyrocket as the difficulty increased exponentially.  But you actually seen this coming, huh...

many of my subscribers here can attest to that prediction which i've continually stressed ever since the beginning of this race last year.  i'm not surprised you missed it.

point being, this makes it possible for small players to stay in the game, if not for fat profits, at least to support the network.

at $6/GH and more likely $4.8/GH i'd say that's pretty affordable.  at least better than anyone else.

As much as i like to give you credit, you sound so clueless that i cant see you as any reliable source.

PS. Solo mining means you mines without a pool. Nothing to do with the cost of hardware.

actually, if you avail yourself of the sale plus MPP, the cost drops to $2/GH.

how does that not make it more affordable to mine be it via pool or solo?  solo mining simply results in more variance which i don't mind one bit.  it fact, it's more efficient in my hands as i avoid all the pool related problems.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:15:21 PM

The grown ups have arrived in the ASIC space.

Sweet. Mind asking the grown-ups how many millions they need to lock up before they're comfortable shouldering some risk themselves?

The problem is that the pricetag on that vaporware product this week looks great, but next week it may not. CoinTerra managed to collect plenty of pre-orders for December delivery priced at $7/Gh, but now hashfast is seemingly undercutting that pricetag if you HURRY HURRY and pay NOW! DON'T WAIT! Offer only valid until 11:59PST!

So...who'll undercut hashfast's price for November delivery tomorrow? CoinTerra for January delivery is already priced at $3/Gh. Will hashfast ship the sierra I order in the next 10hrs before CoinTerra makes it look like a stoopit purchase? If I go by hashfast's own fine print then the correct response is to ignore this sale.

crumbs

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:16:27 PM

As much as i like to give you credit, you sound so clueless that i cant see you as any reliable source.

how does that not make it more affordable to mine be it via pool or solo?  solo mining simply results in more variance which i don't mind one bit.  it fact, it's more efficient in my hands as i avoid all the pool related problems.

Yes, solo mining is still possible for small miners.
If they're willing to do it without ever finding a block.  And i mean *ever*.
They'll never get any coin, but they'll never have to deal with "pool related problems."

You are a disgrace to shilling.

Edit:  Sorry for mucking up your thread, HashFast, be choosier about hiring shills next time.
Nemesis

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:19:16 PM

how does that not make it more affordable to mine be it via pool or solo?  solo mining simply results in more variance which i don't mind one bit.  it fact, it's more efficient in my hands as i avoid all the pool related problems.

Check my mining dashboard estimation.

To make it short: NO the MPP doesnt give you $2/GH. Please think b4 making silly comment like that. the MPP doesnt warranty x4 of your hash rate. You will be a fool to believe that. As the difficulty rise so quickly, 90 days will change your mining profit projection completely. From my calculation, the MPP would most likely give you 3600GH/s in March. But at that point you will look to break EVEN in June. After That you're in positive ROI for a very short time!

The point of the race is that hardware companies are the only making profits selling hardware when ppl just buy based on hope. Use rough estimate of each hashrate from each hardware company, you will see why ppl are shooting themselves.
Do some calculation and see for yourself.
Nemesis

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:21:07 PM

how does that not make it more affordable to mine be it via pool or solo?  solo mining simply results in more variance which i don't mind one bit.  it fact, it's more efficient in my hands as i avoid all the pool related problems.

They'll never get any coin, but they'll never have to deal with "pool related problems."

Edit:  Sorry for mucking up your thread, HashFast, be choosier about hiring shills next time.

He definitely sounds more desperate than shilling, completely clueless as well. Variances MEANs EVERYTHING in this race, only a retard can claim otherwise. Your ROI windows are so short that you're a dumb ass for not seeing it.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:21:45 PM

it's too bad you're such an idiot.  clearly you don't mine yourself.

i've hit 2 solo mining blocks since Sept 10 using my 3 avalons.  i've paid them off fully and am now making a steady profit from them despite the run up in the HR.

you're such a troll.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:33:50 PM

He definitely sounds more desperate than shilling, completely clueless as well. Variances MEANs EVERYTHING in this race, only a retard can claim otherwise. Your ROI windows are so short that you're a dumb ass for not seeing it.

i think you're the clueless one.

i've compared my pool mining success directly with solo mining and soloing wins every time.  and variance means nothing to me.  it's b/c the pools are somehow introducing latency and inefficiency.  not to mention flat out downtime.  and perhaps other nefarious things.  who knows.  but the data is clear in my hands.
Nemesis

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:37:36 PM

i've compared my pool mining success directly with solo mining and soloing wins every time.  and variance means nothing to me.  it's b/c the pools are somehow introducing latency and inefficiency.  not to mention flat out downtime.  and perhaps other nefarious things.  who knows.  but the data is clear in my hands.

Wow.... You just removed all my doubts with that post.

PS. if variance means nothing to you then why does hashrate matter in solomining? Do you know why we use pools? because HASHRATE reduce VARIANCE. If you dont care VARIANCE, you shouldnt care why solo mining is still "affordable". Yes... you just proved you're the biggest idiot.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1638

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 10:53:51 PM

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:55:31 PM

i've compared my pool mining success directly with solo mining and soloing wins every time.  and variance means nothing to me.  it's b/c the pools are somehow introducing latency and inefficiency.  not to mention flat out downtime.  and perhaps other nefarious things.  who knows.  but the data is clear in my hands.

PS. if variance means nothing to you then why does hashrate matter in solomining? Do you know why we use pools? because HASHRATE reduce VARIANCE. If you dont care VARIANCE, you shouldnt care why solo mining is still "affordable". Yes... you just proved you're the biggest idiot.

it's obvious that variance increases with solo mining.  i don't care b/c my solo mining yields have exceeded my pooling yields despite the escalating HR.  i'm working off of experience not theory.  and i think it's explainable by the inefficiencies of pooled mining.
Nemesis

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:02:05 PM

it's obvious that variance increases with solo mining.  i don't care b/c my solo mining yields have exceeded my pooling yields despite the escalating HR.  i'm working off of experience not theory.  and i think it's explainable by the inefficiencies of pooled mining.

Do you know what luck means? They wouldnt call it variance if the data is consistent.
But noone will stop you tho, go ahead and solomining please.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:10:30 PM

it's obvious that variance increases with solo mining.  i don't care b/c my solo mining yields have exceeded my pooling yields despite the escalating HR.  i'm working off of experience not theory.  and i think it's explainable by the inefficiencies of pooled mining.

Do you know what luck means? They wouldnt call it variance if the data is consistent.
But noone will stop you tho, go ahead and solomining please.

are you trying to imply that with a steady network HR the reduced variance of pooled mining will yield you more BTC than solo mining?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 11:29:37 PM

The grown ups have arrived in the ASIC space.

Sweet. Mind asking the grown-ups how many millions they need to lock up before they're comfortable shouldering some risk themselves?

The problem is that the pricetag on that vaporware product this week looks great, but next week it may not. CoinTerra managed to collect plenty of pre-orders for December delivery priced at $7/Gh, but now hashfast is seemingly undercutting that pricetag if you HURRY HURRY and pay NOW! DON'T WAIT! Offer only valid until 11:59PST!

So...who'll undercut hashfast's price for November delivery tomorrow? CoinTerra for January delivery is already priced at $3/Gh. Will hashfast ship the sierra I order in the next 10hrs before CoinTerra makes it look like a stoopit purchase? If I go by hashfast's own fine print then the correct response is to ignore this sale.

Cointerra hasn't even taped out yet, and Global Foundries' 28nm expertise/capacity is nothing compared to TSMC's.  Cointerra is vaporware ATM; HF isn't.

The risk HashFast is shouldering themselves, borrowing start-up capital and putting their reputations/time/energy on the line, is substantial.

Starting a new company is risky enough, much less one in the Bitcoin mining hardware space. 

You know that better than almost anyone else on the planet.

I'm not demanding you buy a cheap Sierra (or 10 PRETTY PLEASE  Tongue), although that option is obviously my strongest recommendation.

I am demanding you stop slagging the good name of HashFast, who at this time have done nothing to harm the community and everything to help it.

They get the benefit of the doubt, from reasonable people.  Your perfectly reasonable concerns have been addressed, repeating them is FUD.

When you act unreasonably it reflects poorly on BASIC, which harms my interests as a shareholder.

BASIC has enough troubles already; don't add to them by being a Negative Nancy on a thread for a product you have no interest in.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:58:44 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2013, 12:19:18 AM by DeathAndTaxes

I will just leave this here so you can see for your self.
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/179c8de46b

Difficulty of 442 Billion.  That seems realistic to you?  Really?

442 billion * 2^32 =  1.89 x10^21 hashes per block.
25 BTC per block = 7.59 x10^10 GH per BTC.

Let be optimistic and assume the average miner has 1 J/GH efficiency and $0.10 per kWh electrical rate.
7.59x10^10 GH/s * 1 J/GH = 7.59 x10 J = 21,039 kWh = $2,103.90 per BTC in electrical cost (plus another up to $1K in cooling cost).
Even if BTC went up to $500 ea would you spend $2,000 in electricity to make a $500 worth of BTC?

Its not a wise investment at this point.
It may not, but you just look silly showing "projections" of the network going to >3,000 PH/s.  If it isn't a wise investment ... then don't buy it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: